Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #946
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble Kitty View Post
Also, at the risk of sounding like a total creeper, I recognize your Giselle. I've been following her art for several years.
Haha, I don't doubt it And it doesn't make you sound like a creeper, lol. She's very good at what she does.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #947
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American View Post
For the firworks, I'm the type to head towards the middle of Main Street. The view is not the best, but it's adequate for seeing Zero fly around the castle -- so cool! It's also nice because you know the view isn't spectacular; it's less stressful worrying about someone taking your space or blocking your view -- more wiggle room. But, I think I'm in the minority when it comes to that.

In all the parties we've gone to, we've never been to a sold-out one, but I'm not too worried about it. I'd rather be at Disneyland than home, and as long as the weather is nice and we're all healthy and well, it should be fun. Hope you guys have a great time! Just enjoy being there and everything will fall into place.
I may try this for the fireworks as I would be seriously put out if I had waited for a long time and then someone came and stood right in front of me (I'm on the short side) and my kids.

I'm surprised that the Monday party sold out instead of Friday. There is a price difference but I thought most of the Utah crowd (like me) would be going to the Friday party.

I love your signature All American, I have that quote on my wall.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #948
iKristin

DIS Veteran

8 daaaaaays til my trip

Old 10-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #949
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

2 days till my trip! Oh my gosh I am so excited!

Old 10-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #950
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

We are here right now and it is PACKED. Hoping the weekdays are less crowded
Old 10-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #951
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane
It must be, I just looked at touring plans and it says Big Thunder has a wait of 80 mins!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #952
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane
You maybe dealing with not only locals but Columbus Day is tomorrow; which is still a holiday for some schools
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip! November 2014, Miami Western Caribbean October 2015 B2B Fantasy KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
Old 10-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #953
Ancient Purple
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
You maybe dealing with not only locals but Columbus Day is tomorrow; which is still a holiday for some schools
Yup. It is in Arizona, and between the holiday and the number of people over there for Gay Days, I am not surprised the park is packed.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #954
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Thanks, everyone, for the continued updates on the crowds and the parties and the merchandise (I was very pleased to see that the pumpkin-shaped bread is alive and well! Thank you, Jim, for posting that picture!)...and of course, thanks to everyone for the continued photos!

About that Mickey mug that has been asked about - I don't know if this is what's happening this year, but last year (as figment_jii indicated) the larger Mickey pumpkin mug was at some of the table service places like Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans (while the smaller Donald mug was at counter service places).

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #955
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane View Post
We went over Columbus Day weekend last year, and that was a mistake we will never make again. Good luck out there.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #956
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

I know Mickey and friends were costumes, but do any other characters? I am especially curious about Pooh and the Hundred Acre Woods characters.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #957
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
I know Mickey and friends were costumes, but do any other characters? I am especially curious about Pooh and the Hundred Acre Woods characters.
In the past I think I've seen them wearing masks at the actual party (and maybe something else that I'm forgetting), but not in the daytime hours.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #958
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
There were 6 of us total, and almost all were made by us except me. Giselle's dress was handmade by a seamstress, and Briar Rose's dress was made by a someone my friend knows, and mine was bought (but there are only a few in existence). Belle, Pochahontas and Meg made theirs.

Wow!!! Y'all are beautiful!!! and so talented! I bet you had a great time!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #959
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Purple View Post
Yup. It is in Arizona, and between the holiday and the number of people over there for Gay Days, I am not surprised the park is packed.
Darn, we're are going right after lunch tomorrow. Hoping it wouldn't be packed.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #960
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
Pooh had a costume on, but Rabbit, Eyeore, Tigger did not. They had a Meet and Greet in front of the Pooh ride, and they were there until at least 11:45 PM, when I left the area.

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: