Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #931
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by margiepooh View Post
Has anybody seen the mickey pumpkin cup this year? I know they have the Donald cup again this year but I haven't read anything about the Mickey one yet. I want to get both if they have them. Thanks!
YEP! We bought one of each! It seems they alternate days, so sometimes its Mickey and sometimes Donald. I loved being able to get one of each! These are my kid's hot chocolate mugs for fall/winter now!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #932
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Last night was much more crowded than the party I went to last year. We didn't end up doing a lot of the candy locations because they were just too jam packed. Barely left with any candy actually, but that's alright. They didn't have CM's as you left topping you off this year which was sad, but I don't need the candy anyway. I was really just going to be with friends in our Princess costumes and get photos around the resort (I absolutely could not leave without a photo with Snow White's Wishing Well). I loved the guests who thought I was Cinderella ... with my black wig. That's what I get for not wearing Snow White's traditional gown.
Pictures please?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #933
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I will be going on Tuseday to MHP. I'm not feeling so well but, I feel like I'm going to kick what I've got before I go on Tuseday. I probally won't post pics untill I take pics in my Stardust costume for MHP on the 23rd.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #934
mmlover74
Mouseketeer

Pictures please of the Mickey Halloween cup and Donald one...Where do you find the Mickey one as he is my absolute fave?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #935
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmlover74
Pictures please of the Mickey Halloween cup and Donald one...Where do you find the Mickey one as he is my absolute fave?
These were from last year, but the Donald looked the same this year (at least from a distance). I didn't see the Mickey this year, but last year I got it at Carnations and I didn't go there this year.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #936
Kilala
Mouseketeer

OMG! those are cute!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:12 AM   #937
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
I will be going on Tuseday to MHP. I'm not feeling so well but, I feel like I'm going to kick what I've got before I go on Tuseday. I probally won't post pics untill I take pics in my Stardust costume for MHP on the 23rd.
I'm too lazy to resize and upload, but here's one of the few that you can see the majority of the costume (and my roommate who's obviously Belle).

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #938
All American
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh boy! We will be there that night too!!

For those who have been to the party, what should we be sure to do or not miss? We will be there during the week, so I'm assuming riding Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion can wait. My list is:
Parade
Fireworks
Trick or Treat
Characters (not sure who or where?)

What are we forgetting? Thanks!
I think those are the highlights -- pretty much the stuff you can't do on a regular day at Disneyland. Definitely take some time just to look around and see what people are dressed as. I've seen some pretty cool costumes. My all-time favorite was a guy a few years ago dressed head-to-toe in a KISS costume. It was amazing!

One thing we like to do is ride Haunted Mansion first to kick off the evening. I've never seen the parade (Boo to You! at Disney World is so amazing, I'd hate to be disappointed by this one), but we may give it a shot this year. Our youngest daughter may get a kick out of it, and we are bringing my sister who may enjoy it too. Who knows maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised? For the firworks, I'm the type to head towards the middle of Main Street. The view is not the best, but it's adequate for seeing Zero fly around the castle -- so cool! It's also nice because you know the view isn't spectacular; it's less stressful worrying about someone taking your space or blocking your view -- more wiggle room. But, I think I'm in the minority when it comes to that.

In all the parties we've gone to, we've never been to a sold-out one, but I'm not too worried about it. I'd rather be at Disneyland than home, and as long as the weather is nice and we're all healthy and well, it should be fun. Hope you guys have a great time! Just enjoy being there and everything will fall into place.

DH Me DD DD
Old 10-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #939
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
I hope you feel better!!! You are so lucky to be going to TWO parties!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
These were from last year, but the Donald looked the same this year (at least from a distance). I didn't see the Mickey this year, but last year I got it at Carnations and I didn't go there this year.

Thank you for the pictures!! I want one of each!! BTW I love your little Figment! !

Quote:
I'm too lazy to resize and upload, but here's one of the few that you can see the majority of the costume (and my roommate who's obviously Belle).

OMG! Those are GREAT costumes! Did you buy them or make them? You must have bought them! My Dopey outfit was easy to sew, like a sack!

Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #940
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I hope you feel better!!! You are so lucky to be going to TWO parties!!
Actually I'm going 3 times. Oct. 9th, Oct. 19th and Oct. 23rd.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #941
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella

Really great costumes!! LOVE!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #942
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
OMG! Those are GREAT costumes! Did you buy them or make them? You must have bought them! My Dopey outfit was easy to sew, like a sack!
There were 6 of us total, and almost all were made by us except me. Giselle's dress was handmade by a seamstress, and Briar Rose's dress was made by a someone my friend knows, and mine was bought (but there are only a few in existence). Belle, Pochahontas and Meg made theirs.

wish journalmy new blog
Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #943
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Oh, and I highly recommend seeing the Cadaver Dans out on the Rivers of America!!

wish journalmy new blog
Old 10-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #944
Scribble Kitty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There were 6 of us total, and almost all were made by us except me. Giselle's dress was handmade by a seamstress, and Briar Rose's dress was made by a someone my friend knows, and mine was bought (but there are only a few in existence). Belle, Pochahontas and Meg made theirs.

I love that you did Snow White's rags, and dressed it up a little. I've always been a fan of the princess's everyday attire.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a total creeper, I recognize your Giselle. I've been following her art for several years.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #945
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, and I highly recommend seeing the Cadaver Dans out on the Rivers of America!!
We saw Meg, Briar Rose and Giselle from your group. And the Cadaver Dans were awesome.

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: