Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #916
mrsw94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Yep -

BTW the bags have been claimed. Glad they are going to be used.

Jim
Yahoo!! Anyone remember how much it is? (This gas thing is killing my budget!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American View Post
That bread looks delicious! Yum!

I just saw that the party we're going to on the 15th is Sold Out. I have to say that I'm surprised since it is a Monday. I guess it's the Utah crowd going for Family Night (of which I am a part of). On the bright side and in spite of so many people being there, we know lots of families going that night who are really nice. Hopefully, their infectious kindness will spread and it will be a fun evening for all. Can't wait!
Oh boy! We will be there that night too!!

For those who have been to the party, what should we be sure to do or not miss? We will be there during the week, so I'm assuming riding Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion can wait. My list is:
Parade
Fireworks
Trick or Treat
Characters (not sure who or where?)

What are we forgetting? Thanks!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #917
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I'm staying at the BWP Anaheim Inn. This will be the first time I've stayed off property. But, it's SO much less $$$$
That is exactly why we stay off site now.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #918
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by margiepooh View Post
Has anybody seen the mickey pumpkin cup this year? I know they have the Donald cup again this year but I haven't read anything about the Mickey one yet. I want to get both if they have them. Thanks!
They sell the Halloween Mickey cup at the Plaza Inn on Main Street and Donald at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #919
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by margiepooh View Post
Has anybody seen the mickey pumpkin cup this year? I know they have the Donald cup again this year but I haven't read anything about the Mickey one yet. I want to get both if they have them. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
All I've seen today is Donald.
I've been checking, and have only seen Donald. The Plaza Inn was closed when I went by there. I was told that they are around, though.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #920
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

We went to the party last night. Long lines for candy throughout the night. Usually, they subside after the fireworks, but it looked a lot more crowded than previous years. Still managed to collect 27 lbs. of candy and healthy snacks (was that really my daughter asking for raisins?) . Twice, while in line for character meet and greet, the characters we were waiting for left, and we waited about 10 minutes for a new character to arrive. Let's go already...I have candy to collect! There were a few new Treat Trails, such as inside The Golden Horseshoe, the flagpole on Main Street USA and the little theater on Main Street. Didn't see as many character photo ops. And did someone mention special merchandise available for purchase? Couldn't find that either. Loved the Cavalcade, and the fireworks are spectacular, but fighting the rude crowds for it (the tall folks always come in right before it starts and stand in front of the little kids) make me wonder if it's worth the time spent. Loved it, but as the price goes up every year, I'll have to consider if it worth the extra money, when we go a few times a month anyway.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #921
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
Mine is halloween as well. We had a pirate wedding. We stay at bwppi. I am staying dlh in Feb when I go with some girlfriends.
We are staying at DLH this time because I got a travel voucher from my work for suffering..I mean working there for 10 years.
We might be going back in Feb for my birthday for some serious off season quietness in the park.

Half our guests came in costume. Only the "older" people did not come in costume. The place we had the ceremony was set up like a grave yard and all lit up spooky. :D
Old 10-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #922
isisisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I'm staying at the BWP Anaheim Inn. This will be the first time I've stayed off property. But, it's SO much less $$$$
We are opposites. We always stay off site because it is so much cheaper. For what we are paying for our room, we used to get hotel, park tickets, airfare and transport to and from the hotel. But I am glad we get to do stay onsite this time.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #923
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisisme View Post
We are staying at DLH this time because I got a travel voucher from my work for suffering..I mean working there for 10 years.
We might be going back in Feb for my birthday for some serious off season quietness in the park.

Half our guests came in costume. Only the "older" people did not come in costume. The place we had the ceremony was set up like a grave yard and all lit up spooky. :D
Hahaha suffering. When in Feb are you going? We are going super bowl weekend.

My wedding party and dh dressed up as pirates. We got married on a pirate ship. I can pm you a link for the video if you would like to see.

I have always loved halloween. Its my favorite holiday.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #924
modegard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
We went to the party last night. Long lines for candy throughout the night. Usually, they subside after the fireworks, but it looked a lot more crowded than previous years. Still managed to collect 27 lbs. of candy and healthy snacks (was that really my daughter asking for raisins?) . Twice, while in line for character meet and greet, the characters we were waiting for left, and we waited about 10 minutes for a new character to arrive. Let's go already...I have candy to collect! There were a few new Treat Trails, such as inside The Golden Horseshoe, the flagpole on Main Street USA and the little theater on Main Street. Didn't see as many character photo ops. And did someone mention special merchandise available for purchase? Couldn't find that either. Loved the Cavalcade, and the fireworks are spectacular, but fighting the rude crowds for it (the tall folks always come in right before it starts and stand in front of the little kids) make me wonder if it's worth the time spent. Loved it, but as the price goes up every year, I'll have to consider if it worth the extra money, when we go a few times a month anyway.
Sounds like you had an awesome time! Minus the rudeness of others. My husband and I always say the place would be so much more fun if there were no people there. Looking forward to seeing all those villians in a couple of days! Thanks for sharing your experience!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #925
isisisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
Hahaha suffering. When in Feb are you going? We are going super bowl weekend.

My wedding party and dh dressed up as pirates. We got married on a pirate ship. I can pm you a link for the video if you would like to see.

I have always loved halloween. Its my favorite holiday.
The week of President's day (Wed-Sunday is the current plan). My birthday is the 22nd.

Yes, please pm me the link. that sounds awesome. My DH proposed to me on Halloween at the waterfalls that used to be at DLH.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #926
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Talk about rude people last year, I was dressed up as my cat Saiyuki on the last Tuesday of the party last year. Someone came up behind me when I was in line for the treat trail for the Monorail and someone started pulling on my cat ers on my wig. I have to turn around and rudly say "Do you want to pay me back for this wig?" Then the mom of the teenage kids said they just wanted to see your wig. I said back they should have just asked me.
The cat wigs I make would cost someone to commsion me would cost them around $80 to $100. I hope no one dose that this year.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #927
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Last night was much more crowded than the party I went to last year. We didn't end up doing a lot of the candy locations because they were just too jam packed. Barely left with any candy actually, but that's alright. They didn't have CM's as you left topping you off this year which was sad, but I don't need the candy anyway. I was really just going to be with friends in our Princess costumes and get photos around the resort (I absolutely could not leave without a photo with Snow White's Wishing Well). I loved the guests who thought I was Cinderella ... with my black wig. That's what I get for not wearing Snow White's traditional gown.

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #928
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by modegard View Post
Sounds like you had an awesome time! Minus the rudeness of others. My husband and I always say the place would be so much more fun if there were no people there. Looking forward to seeing all those villians in a couple of days! Thanks for sharing your experience!
We had a good spot for the fireworks, near the entrance to Tomorrowland. Able to see the castle and the 'big ball' as well as Zero. Then minutes before it started, 2 women (who were behind me) moved up into the 1 foot of space I was leaving for 'breathing room' thus my 8 year old could no longer see. After it started everyone behind me stood up and the bench they were sitting on was empty. I asked the man who was there if my daughter could stand on the empty bench, and he said no, their stuff was there. (Unless it was invisible, there was nothing on at least 18" of the bench. Yeesh. On a positive note, loved the Cavalcade, but they used to stop and dance with the kids, then hand out buttons to them. Miss that part of it. But the Princess segment - CUTE!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #929
Xaeldz
Earning My Ears

Woah, the 15th is sold out?! So glad me and my mom bought our tickets for that date when they first went on sale!

I think we're going to be doing less Trick or treating and more 'OMG VILLAINS, PRINCESSES, CHARACTERS YAY!!!!' And of course watch the fireworks and catch the cavalcade. But the night will be more focused on the characters, I GOTTA get my picture/autograph of Maleficent!

Can't fit my Maleficent cosplay in my suitcase, it's just too big. But, I will be getting my Duffy Bear while there, and I already have an Aurora and Maleficent costume in Build-a-Bear size. I might not be able to be Maleficent, but Duffy Can!! it even comes with an itty bitty staff and Diablo!

But, I will be wearing my white cosplay kitty ears, and I will try my hardest to get my mom to wear my purple kitty ears. They are super light and really pretty.

I just can't believe after all my daydreaming for the last 20 years, I am FINALLY going to Disneyland in just a few more days! I went to Disney World as a kid, but I was 4, and I remember next to nothing. So when I go this time, I am video taping and taking as many photos as humanly possible so I'll never forget this trip....I just need to pick up some extra batteries.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #930
modegard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
We had a good spot for the fireworks, near the entrance to Tomorrowland. Able to see the castle and the 'big ball' as well as Zero. Then minutes before it started, 2 women (who were behind me) moved up into the 1 foot of space I was leaving for 'breathing room' thus my 8 year old could no longer see. After it started everyone behind me stood up and the bench they were sitting on was empty. I asked the man who was there if my daughter could stand on the empty bench, and he said no, their stuff was there. (Unless it was invisible, there was nothing on at least 18" of the bench. Yeesh. On a positive note, loved the Cavalcade, but they used to stop and dance with the kids, then hand out buttons to them. Miss that part of it. But the Princess segment - CUTE!
People are so frustrating sometimes. The best we can do is try and not let it ruin our experience.

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: