Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #856
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeldz View Post
Does anybody know if they used the flames in the Halloween fireworks show? I remember looking at videos from last years, and the flames were absent.
Yes there was fire. Strong enough we could feel it on the other side of the Walt statue.

Jim
Old 10-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #857
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I just looked on MHP tickets and the 5th is avaible again.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #858
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Thank you to Beth, Sue, Jim, figment_jii, Modegard, Eddygirl, etc. (I'm sure I'm omitting someone important), for the fantastic photos, information and updates on the UE, on the MHP, the scans of the map, etc. (I was laughing at Eeee-va's post about the "Stromtroppers" - oh dear, how could they let that slip past the proofreaders, assuming it was a mistake??). This information is very valuable and in hot demand right now! I really, really appreciate it!

Thank you, Susiesark, for the interesting article, too! It's good to know that crowds seem to be thinner in certain areas and that efforts are definitely being made to fish out the people without wrist bands.

In Sue's pumpkin pictures from the Carnival/Jamboree/Round-Up/Ranch, I noticed something that proves my point about a subject I brought up in the Halloween Time podcast last week. I was saying (during our call-in show) that a character pumpkin you see this year will not look like a pumpkin of that same character from last year. (I said that a Jack Skellington pumpkin this year will not look like the versions from 2011 or 2010.)

One of Sue's photos shows a Yoda pumpkin from this year - and he is totally different from the Yoda pumpkin of last year, except for the same basic facial features and ears. He's wearing a different robe, for one thing. Those carvers find new ways to make character pumpkins look different every year!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #859
iKristin

DIS Veteran

I just added a bunch more Disneyland Halloween Time ringtone/text tone sounds to my download post including Haunted Mansion Holiday, Original Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3000833

Old 10-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #860
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Some more photos from Mickey's Halloween Party (9/28). When we got to the park late-morning, there were signs at the entrance saying that the tickets for tonight's party were sold out.

At 4 pm, when party ticket holders were allowed in, there were special turnstiles set aside for us. Only folks with ticket were allowed to use these because they funneled directly into CM with wristbands. The trick-or-treat bags were stashed in rolling bins with the party logo on the side (very cute). As others have mentioned, the wrist bands were shiny yellow with a giant "#1" on the them.

At the end of Main Street, around the hub, were the Mickey pumpkin head balloons. They're really cute.

The projections on the castle changed depending on the music. My favorite were the projections of the three hitchhiking ghosts.

Over in Frontierland, they had the Halloween Tree all lit up. My family and I made a point of going to see it this year because we completely missed it last year (not quite sure how we did that...)

By the Halloween Tree, they were projecting cat eyes onto the building wall.

The Piratepalooza dance party was already in full swing. Saw lots of characters there. It was pretty cute...lots of children dancing in the middle with the characters and the parents standing around the perimeter watching (and taking photos).

One of my favorite effects at MHP is the dry ice fog on the Rivers of America. It makes the Columbia look very eerie. When the fog just finishes, it almost obscures the Columbia. It wasn't very cold on Friday, so the fog disputed pretty quickly, but the jets kept adding more throughout the night.

Looking the other way, the Mark Twain also looked pretty eerie through the dry ice fog.

A lot of the trick-or-treat trails/spots were marked by a giant Mickey ghost balloon. There were also signs to let you know where the trail started. Some trails had multiple stops, while others only had one.

One of the treat trails as inside the Diamond Horseshoe building. They had the inside decorated. There was a Mickey pumpkin balloon in the middle (the treat trail went around the perimeter of the room). On the stage they had some changing portraits (kind of like the ones normally in the HM) and some ghost cut-outs on the balcony.

This year's candy had a pretty good assortment. We got Snickers, Milky Ways, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats, Almond Joys, Starbursts, Tootsie Rolls (lots of those), and other things. They had Craisins, apple slices, and raisins as well.

Next up, the photos from the fireworks and Cavalcade!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #861
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
I just looked on MHP tickets and the 5th is avaible again.
Where at? They are sold out again through all the links I checked.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #862
Kilala
Mouseketeer

It's was weird when I went on the site https://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/Ti...Qc7t2G6wrAk%3D
This morning around 11am it didn't say it was sold out. So I wonder if someone messed up. Now it says that they are slod out again. I'm sorry for the confussion. I was confussed myself. I love the photos
Old 10-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #863
starlitsinger88
Earning My Ears

Character Greeting Lighting

I have a question about pictures... Since it's at night, how is the lighting around character greetings? If I'm just using a cell phone camera, will my pictures be a major fail?

DL with the boyfriend, February 2012 - DL with the BFF, May 2009 - WDW with my parents, December 2008 - DL with family friends, June 2008 - DL with my parents, April 2006
Old 10-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #864
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Here is a new blog about Halloween Time Treats by Nancy from the Unplugged team (she was on the panel during the Halloween Time podcast we did last week):

http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/10/...icks-required/

Keep in mind, though, that there are at least a couple of places in this blog that mention the Blue Ribbon Bakery. The BRB no longer exists. It's the Jolly Holiday Bakery now.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #865
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

For Sherry: I think this is from 2009?

Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #866
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 and 2015 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

Questions:

1. Is tonight's event (10/2, Tuesday) sold out?

2. Can you take the Downtown Disney monorail entrance to the party, or does it have to be through the front entrance?

3. Is there any special merchandise JUST sold at the party, like t-shirts?

Thanks! Leaving few it in few hours.

Ethan

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, on DCL, and to Universal Orlando.

Florida residents since Sept. 2013. We live three minutes from the Magic Kingdom.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #867
Princess Row
His Disney girl! <3

We leave Saturday!!

I dont see many Hershey bars or Twix. So you are either like me and eat them right when you get them..... (I did this last year!)
Or they didn't give you very many. Hopefully we get some good candy!!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #868
Kilala
Mouseketeer

The count down is on. It's one week from today for my first MHP for this year. I'm very excited.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #869
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala
The count down is on. It's one week from today for my first MHP for this year. I'm very excited.
Us too!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #870
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Row View Post
I dont see many Hershey bars or Twix. So you are either like me and eat them right when you get them..... (I did this last year!)
Or they didn't give you very many. Hopefully we get some good candy!!
There weren't many Hershey bars, but there were plenty of Twix. Figment is sitting in front of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlitsinger88 View Post
I have a question about pictures... Since it's at night, how is the lighting around character greetings? If I'm just using a cell phone camera, will my pictures be a major fail?
Some of the characters had better lighting than others...Jack Sparrow looked pretty well lit, but Jack Skellington was darker. Overall, I think most would need a flash to get a good photo of characters. How does your cell phone normally do with night time outdoor lighting (like say under a street lamp)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwa View Post
3. Is there any special merchandise JUST sold at the party, like t-shirts?
There is special party merchandise, but some of it was out before the first party started. I saw the pins being sold throughout the park when DL opened on Friday (9/28). I bought them at that point and did not have a wristband or anything (it was 11 am in the morning!). They brought out the shirts just as the party started, but I saw that they were still on the shelves on Saturday. So my guess is that they aren't restricting the merchandise to just party goers.

Last edited by figment_jii; 10-02-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: