Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #811
modegard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Well back home.

The Tour was basically a five ride Fastpass - Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, Space Mountain and HTH with a fun story of a "quest." Bit of a bummer because I don't do roller coasters and already did HTH once before and that was enough for me. I was thinking it was a behind the scenes with ghost stories of the park.

I will be setting up a Photobucket in the next couple days of the trip.

Jim
Oh boy, I hope the tour is more than a five ride fastpass. We have three people in our group that do not do rollercoasters either. Where does the tour start and end? Which ride is HTH? Do they give you time to add the ride photos to your photopass plus? Is the tour only in DL or is some of it in DCA like previous years?

I hope you had a fabulous time! (love the photos!)

Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #812
Eddygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by modegard

Oh boy, I hope the tour is more than a five ride fastpass. We have three people in our group that do not do rollercoasters either. Where does the tour start and end? Which ride is HTH? Do they give you time to add the ride photos to your photopass plus? Is the tour only in DL or is some of it in DCA like previous years?

I hope you had a fabulous time! (love the photos!)

I did the HH tour a week and a half ago with my 12 yr old DD. We had a blast!!!

It was a fun quest/adventure centered around 5 rides. I won't give away too much as it was fun let it unfold.

It started in DL and ended in CA. If roller coasters are a no-go then it might be a bit of an issue, but some people sat out a ride or two. I am not giving any spoilers as this is available on the DIS boards and the Disney site. The tour includes Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Matterhorn, Ghost Galaxy (space mountain) and TOT.

I was allowed to get the photos onto my FP... But had to be quick about it. I took a pic of the number with my phone in case I needed to go back.

I knew what to expect by reading trip reports and calling Disney. It was so much fun!!!!!! There were families with children ranging in age of about 9 being the youngest in our group to older teens/young adults with their parents. There were a couple singles and couples sans children. The group was small... 18. I think they take 20 max. I was so impressed and had so much fun I signed DH and DS(8) up for the Discover The Magic Tour the next day. They had a great time on that too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #813
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I have locker question for MHP. How many times are you allowed to get into your locker? Me and a friend of mine are going to rent a locker for the 19th. We are planning on getting there before the party starts. We are renting the locker for putting a larger soft bag w/ wheels to use after the to take our candy out of there. I know we'll at least do one candy drop. I'm going to try to rent a locker again for the 23rd.

url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/url]
Old 09-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #814
modegard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddygirl View Post
I did the HH tour a week and a half ago with my 12 yr old DD. We had a blast!!!

It was a fun quest/adventure centered around 5 rides. I won't give away too much as it was fun let it unfold.

It started in DL and ended in CA. If roller coasters are a no-go then it might be a bit of an issue, but some people sat out a ride or two. I am not giving any spoilers as this is available on the DIS boards and the Disney site. The tour includes Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Matterhorn, Ghost Galaxy (space mountain) and TOT.

I was allowed to get the photos onto my FP... But had to be quick about it. I took a pic of the number with my phone in case I needed to go back.

I knew what to expect by reading trip reports and calling Disney. It was so much fun!!!!!! There were families with children ranging in age of about 9 being the youngest in our group to older teens/young adults with their parents. There were a couple singles and couples sans children. The group was small... 18. I think they take 20 max. I was so impressed and had so much fun I signed DH and DS(8) up for the Discover The Magic Tour the next day. They had a great time on that too!
Awesome! We are a group of 13 ranging in age from 4 to 70. We are doing the Ultimate Experience so I am wondering if we will still end in DCA. Would be odd to end there when the Halloween party will be starting in DL. I will have to wait and see I guess! Glad to hear I can get the ride photos. Thanks so much!

Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #815
Eddygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by modegard

Awesome! We are a group of 13 ranging in age from 4 to 70. We are doing the Ultimate Experience so I am wondering if we will still end in DCA. Would be odd to end there when the Halloween party will be starting in DL. I will have to wait and see I guess! Glad to hear I can get the ride photos. Thanks so much!

No worries! It was a lot of fun!
I just did the tour... Not during the party so I am not sure if you would still end in CA.

The one ride that a couple people skipped was ghost galaxy... It may be a bit intense for the younger kids.

Take glow sticks for your group. Give them to the tour guide and other people in the group. When it started to get dark it was harder to see the group. I was afraid of losing them. Your tour will probably start later than ours did too. They used to give out glow necklaces as part of the tour.... They really should still do this IMHO! It was an oversight on my part as we took a ton of the glow sticks from Michael's for the nights we stayed for fireworks and WOC. I should have taken them for the tour.

Have fun!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #816
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
I have locker question for MHP. How many times are you allowed to get into your locker? Me and a friend of mine are going to rent a locker for the 19th. We are planning on getting there before the party starts. We are renting the locker for putting a larger soft bag w/ wheels to use after the to take our candy out of there. I know we'll at least do one candy drop. I'm going to try to rent a locker again for the 23rd.
Locker entry is unlimited; just save your code. I take a photo of it just to be certain I won't lose it. I've not heard of wheeled luggage was allowed in the parks (even a soft bag) but maybe someone else can chime in for sure.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #817
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
Last update for me from DLR (boo hoo - time to go home)...still no HM FP. The area is being used for the Jack & Sally meet and greet. Crowds are lighter today than yesterday...HM was about 20 minutes around 10:00 am.
Are Jack and Sally just during MHP? I'm confused as to if the character pairs (Jack and Sally, Captain Hook and Smee, etc.) are available during the day at Halloween time or only during the party.

And if anyone has any information on Star Wars character appearances either in the day or during the party I'd appreciate it. That's something my boys (including DH ) would actually stand in line for.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #818
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
Locker entry is unlimited; just save your code. I take a photo of it just to be certain I won't lose it. I've not heard of wheeled luggage was allowed in the parks (even a soft bag) but maybe someone else can chime in for sure.
For last year's party I took the soft sided insulated bag with wheels and stored it in a locker, no questions asked. We made numerous candy drops throughout the night. it was so full, we put an extra, filled bag, on top of it to wheel it out of the park.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:10 AM   #819
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
Are Jack and Sally just during MHP? I'm confused as to if the character pairs (Jack and Sally, Captain Hook and Smee, etc.) are available during the day at Halloween time or only during the party.
Last year, I believe Jack and/or Sally were meetable not just for the Halloween season, but also during Christmastime. I met them as a pair on the morning of (I believe) the Monday after Thanksgiving. The line filled and was closed off VERY quickly, but that was a year ago. Not sure how the line runs now, if they might let folks wait for Jack and Sally to return to the area (like when Rapunzel takes a break), or if they cut off the line for breaks.

This year Jack and Sally were reported as doing meet-and-greets in the area with the (currently inoperable) Haunted Mansion Fastpass machines. I haven't heard how you see them during the parties this year.

With Disney seriously cutting back on villains this year, I don't think Captain Hook and Smee are out at all before the party.

I don't know much about Star Wars so I'll defer to others there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
For last year's party I took the soft sided insulated bag with wheels and stored it in a locker, no questions asked. We made numerous candy drops throughout the night. it was so full, we put an extra, filled bag, on top of it to wheel it out of the park.
I stand corrected. Good to know and thanks for the info! I wish I didn't have to transport all my delicious chocolate candy in a warm car to get home.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 AM   #820
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

i leave in 2 hours woohoo see every one later ill try pop on dh's laptop off and on
Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #821
twinkletink
Earning My Ears

We're off in 3 hours
Everything is all ready to go...except us.

Thanks Everyone for everything! I'll be sure to post pics and reviews
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #822
iKristin

DIS Veteran

If you're looking for a Disneyland Halloween ringtone I posted a few right here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3000833

There are a couple Haunted Mansion tones and I will be making more over the next two days so watch out for even more including "grim grinning ghosts"

Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #823
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

I haven't looked back but I have finished scanning the party map. I can post it as a picture or if someone knows how, I can convert it o a PDF file. Do I post it? Picture? Let me know and maybe I can get it done before I leave for work in a it.
Later,
Sue
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #824
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Way cool. To bad I'm still on a dumb phone. Will book mark for when I finally upgrade :D

BTW does anyone know if the rock version of Grim Grinning Ghosts from the fire works is available?

Thanks,
Jim

Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 5, Next - November DCL
Old 10-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #825
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Jim -

Thank you so, so much for posting the fabulous photos for us! I love seeing the merchandise pictures - and I'm so glad to see that you found some good pins!

Happy October 1st, everyone!! We have now begun my favorite 3-month phase of the year: October-November-December!

Even though Summer refuses to leave and is threatening to pack us with a 100+ degree wallop today and tomorrow, I still love me some October!! Fall weather is coming sooner or later - I just know it is!

Count me in as another one who is tempted by the sweet siren song of that Holiday Cookbook! I love cookbooks! I love holidays! I love Disney cookbooks! I love Disney merchandise and Disney parks! What's not to love about a holiday cookbook?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: