Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #766
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleygirl View Post
THANK YOU for that podcast. I love the information gathering I can do because of it!

One of the biggest things I got out of it was that it was recommended that we see the fireworks. Got it on the top of the list now. We also just watched Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time last night (thank GOODNESS DD age 5 didn't get scared) so we now are more familiar with the characters.

My question is where are the fireworks held? I'm guessing over Sleeping Beauty's castle? If so, is there a good place to watch them? Did I hear there was a parade or cavalcade before the fireworks?

I have a hard time believing that the kids will be able to pull off late nights all three nights we are there....we are doing WOC on Thursday night (again, thank goodness that is only a 8:00pm show and not later) then the party Friday and then we can go back to the hotel when we need on Saturday. It is a 2 hour time difference for us.

Thanks for all the great tips! I'll be listening to the next one too before we leave!
I am listening to the pod cast and they were just talking about how it's important that you be able to see the left side of the castle, so don't go to far toward Tomorrowland. They suggested behind the Partners statue. And then to move onto Main St. by the Kodak store for the Cavalcade.
__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #767
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,203
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post


rwhistler92 -

The thing is that Disney seems to be making a concerted effort to limit the availability/accessibility of certain characters during the daytime this year. In the past, the Villains were out and about for photos in the daytime, and various characters were wearing Halloween costumes on Main Street.

This year it appears that only certain costume-clad characters can be found at the "Carnival," while you can only "conjure up" one Villain at a time in the tent that's there. The actual party is where there will be all kinds of interesting photo spots around the park - not just at the Carnival. For example, in the podcast the Storm Troopers were mentioned. They won't be out in the daytime. They would only be at the party. Jack Sparrow is a party regular.

Most of the photo spots at the party are PhotoPass as well.





Corinna -

I've seen a few shows on TV that feature the Christmas markets in Germany, Switzerland and...where was the other one? Was it France? I can't recall. I know there were 3 different European countries featured in the Christmas market specials I saw. When I was watching the specials I thought, "Oooooh! I love those! Why don't we have any Christmas markets in Los Angeles?" I would be all over that!

In Washington state there is a town called Leavenworth that turns into a whole Christmas village in the month or two leading up to Christmas - they do it up BIG, from what I've seen on TV. They really make Christmas time - the whole season - an event that the entire town participates in, and every home/shop/restaurant gets in on the act. It is a true celebration. I would love love love to go there and see it in person. As much as I love Los Angeles, I would love to live in Leavenworth just for the entire holiday season and then come back to L.A.!

You know, I've suspected for a long time that Disneyland would eventually do a Christmas party. Something has obviously been holding them back from it, because it would be so easy for them to just do it like they do the Halloween party. I think that they wanted to wait until the DCA makeover was complete - this could be to offer alternate holiday options for people who choose not to attend a party in Disneyland, OR it could be because they may start off by having a party in DCA first, before moving it over to DL. (And this would be a great way to debut an all-holiday World of Color or the rumored holiday Toy Story Midway Mania overlay.)

The existing holiday parade and holiday fireworks (which have been around for years) may not be enough to convince the longtime holiday visitors to pay for separate tickets (though the new visitors would probably do it) if they have already seen those events many times. So...it would make sense to throw something 'new' into the party mix to entice everyone to buy tickets - including the longtime holiday guests. And that 'new' thing may end up being the Candlelight Processional, if the 20-night run of the CP scores big this coming holiday season.



mrsw94 -

I think you should listen to it before!




Susiesark -

It seems like a lot of folks are looking for tickets for the sold out nights. Unfortunately, there are no buying/selling forums on this board, and the tickets are technically not supposed to be for resale anyway (unless they are handled through an authorized-by-Disney seller). So if you find tickets it will have to be on your own, away from the DIS.






volleygirl -

I'm glad you had a chance to listen to the podcast. If I recall, Mary Jo got into specifics about where to stand for the fireworks in the podcast to be sure to see everything, like the crystall ball, etc. (though I don't recall what her exact recommendation was).

Yes, there is a cavalcade that happens twice per party.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I am listening to the pod cast and they were just talking about how it's important that you be able to see the left side of the castle, so don't go to far toward Tomorrowland. They suggested behind the Partners statue. And then to move onto Main St. by the Kodak store for the Cavalcade.
Thanks for that info, Denise! As you can see above, I was just referring to Mary Jo's tips on where to stand for the parade, but I couldn't recall what she was saying (as MJ was talking I was thinking up the next tips and info that I was going to give in the podcast!).
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #768
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Corinna -

I've seen a few shows on TV that feature the Christmas markets in Germany, Switzerland and...where was the other one? Was it France? I can't recall. I know there were 3 different European countries featured in the Christmas market specials I saw. When I was watching the specials I thought, "Oooooh! I love those! Why don't we have any Christmas markets in Los Angeles?" I would be all over that!

In Washington state there is a town called Leavenworth that turns into a whole Christmas village in the month or two leading up to Christmas - they do it up BIG, from what I've seen on TV. They really make Christmas time - the whole season - an event that the entire town participates in, and every home/shop/restaurant gets in on the act. It is a true celebration. I would love love love to go there and see it in person. As much as I love Los Angeles, I would love to live in Leavenworth just for the entire holiday season and then come back to L.A.!

You know, I've suspected for a long time that Disneyland would eventually do a Christmas party. Something has obviously been holding them back from it, because it would be so easy for them to just do it like they do the Halloween party. I think that they wanted to wait until the DCA makeover was complete - this could be to offer alternate holiday options for people who choose not to attend a party in Disneyland, OR it could be because they may start off by having a party in DCA first, before moving it over to DL. (And this would be a great way to debut an all-holiday World of Color or the rumored holiday Toy Story Midway Mania overlay.)

The existing holiday parade and holiday fireworks (which have been around for years) may not be enough to convince the longtime holiday visitors to pay for extra tickets (though the new visitors would probably do it) if they have already seen those events many times. So...it would make sense to throw something 'new' into the party mix to entice everyone to buy tickets - including the longtime holiday guests. And that 'new' thing may end up being the Candlelight Processional, if the 20-night run of the CP scores big this coming holiday season.
I am not sure what the third country may be. I have never really looked beyond Germany as I had so many Christmas markets to choose from. They are actually starting to branch out into the UK. We have a European Christmas Market in our home town now that grows bigger year by year and a lot of the bigger cities in the UK also have Christmas markets.

I have to say I love the sound of a special Holiday version of World of Color and a holiday overlay for Toy Story Midway Mania. I still think I would prefer the party at Disneyland.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #769
figment_jii
DIS Veteran
 
figment_jii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,426

Another note - still no fastpass for HM! (But the line isn't long.)
figment_jii is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #770
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about
 
laura&fam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: near SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
Another note - still no fastpass for HM! (But the line isn't long.)
I thought they always had a FP for HM, even without it being popular with the overlay. When did that change or am I remembering wrong? It's been far too long since I've been to DL.
__________________
laura&fam
me DH DD DS DS
laura&fam is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #771
figment_jii
DIS Veteran
 
figment_jii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,426

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam

I thought they always had a FP for HM, even without it being popular with the overlay. When did that change or am I remembering wrong? It's been far too long since I've been to DL.
They have a FP, but the machine is rarely turned on. I've seen it in use last Halloween, butility it wasn't on this morning.
figment_jii is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #772
mrsw94
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 595

I am SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!
Decided to stop by Goodwill with the kiddos. TOTAL score!! Cute Alice in Wonderland costume for DD10 for the Halloween Party, plus and Eskimo costume for her to wear to school (5th graders don't wear Disney costumes), Astronaut costume for DS4 No helmet, but truthfully, he wouldn't wear it anyway. And a cool hippie skirt so DH and I will be hippies!! $5.49 each!!!! Soooooo within my budget!!! Still have to finish up DH & mine, but I'm so happy to have our plans in place!!
mrsw94 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #773
Susiesark
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 15 minutes from Disneyland
Posts: 1,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar View Post
any one going tonight that can post a map?? lol and tell us where the bad guys are lol have fun i cant wait
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/im...loween-map.htm
This is the map of Disneyland's Mickey's Trick or Treat Party.
__________________
Susiesark is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #774
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one
 
ImTooExcitedToSleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 9,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/im...loween-map.htm
This is the map of Disneyland's Mickey's Trick or Treat Party.
That's last year's map.
ImTooExcitedToSleep is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #775
Susiesark
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 15 minutes from Disneyland
Posts: 1,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
That's last year's map.
Sorry Hopefully, someone will get a current one to post tonight.
__________________
Susiesark is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #776
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer
 
Kilted Candyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW area
Posts: 370

Just got back to the room from MHP.

The villains are mainly around the square, 4 at a time. Got quite a few pics though the lines can get big and the villains change fast. The changing is quite cool with a horse drawn carriage and great music.

The parade was blazingly fast!!! I couldn't get many shots as the people/characters were moving so much and so fast. The fireworks were awesome! The rocking version of Ghost Come Out to Socialize was wicked. Got to find a copy of it.

Here are a couple teaser shots -









More to come.

Jim
__________________
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories



Trips: DL - 4, WDW - 4, DCL - 3, Next - TBD DCL
Kilted Candyman is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #777
Disneyland 1951
Mouseketeer
 
Disneyland 1951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 437

Halloween Parade Video

LINK: http://youtu.be/1EPArpnzoGc





Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 09-29-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Disneyland 1951 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #778
TheZue
DIS Veteran
 
TheZue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 2,172

Just got back to our room...saw tons of characters. The highlight was catching Agent P when Phineas and Ferb went on break we got a massive amount if candy. Filled 2 of the large Disney shopping bags. We waited on mainstreet and tomorrow land until the end and headed straight to frontier land which worked out really well. The park started clearing out after the fireworks. We didn't watch them because my youngest has been scared of everything slightly scary on this trip lol. The rivers of America looked awesome...they had fog rolling across it with some really neat lighting on the island.
__________________


World didn't end, I'm going back!


Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #779
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Just got back to the room from MHP.

The villains are mainly around the square, 4 at a time. Got quite a few pics though the lines can get big and the villains change fast. The changing is quite cool with a horse drawn carriage and great music.

The parade was blazingly fast!!! I couldn't get many shots as the people/characters were moving so much and so fast. The fireworks were awesome! The rocking version of Ghost Come Out to Socialize was wicked. Got to find a copy of it.

Here are a couple teaser shots -









More to come.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
Halloween Parade Video

LINK: http://youtu.be/1EPArpnzoGc




Thank you so much for the pictures and video! Now, please a MAP from this year!! I want to have my evening planned before I hit the ground! Love the kilt and the DW's dress!! I'd like to see more pictures of guests in their costumes to make sure I won't feel too silly being Dopey!
__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #780
Kilala
Mouseketeer
 
Kilala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 357

Thank you for the wonderful pics.
__________________
Me Suzy : Naruto Kilala Lillie
Kilala is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: