Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #751
mrsw94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep

Both?
Well that was a GIVEN if I listen to it early!!! I probably won't be able to contain myself anyway! I have already scheduled the Cozy Cone segment into the drive! :-)
mrsw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #752
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsw94 View Post
Well that was a GIVEN if I listen to it early!!! I probably won't be able to contain myself anyway! I have already scheduled the Cozy Cone segment into the drive! :-)
Plus we release podcasts every two weeks, so you'll have more to listen to on 10/11.
ImTooExcitedToSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #753
mrsw94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep

Plus we release podcasts every two weeks, so you'll have more to listen to on 10/11.
Good point! I just might make the family listen to The Dis the whole way down!
mrsw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #754
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Good point! I just might make the family listen to The Dis the whole way down!
I like the way you think.
ImTooExcitedToSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #755
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Which of the two cruises will you be one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
And we are are the repo part of the cruise with you as well. See you at the Grand!
The repo.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #756
Reneas06GTYUP
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
Here is one of my other cat costumes I'm weraing to MHP. I'm wearing this one on the 9th of October.
This characters name is Nutmeg. I will have my lastcostume pics up hopefully by next weekend
I will have to keep my eyes open for you, I love how original your costumes are.
Reneas06GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #757
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Anybody going to the party tonight, have fun.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #758
volleygirl
Earning My Ears

THANK YOU for that podcast. I love the information gathering I can do because of it!

One of the biggest things I got out of it was that it was recommended that we see the fireworks. Got it on the top of the list now. We also just watched Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time last night (thank GOODNESS DD age 5 didn't get scared) so we now are more familiar with the characters.

My question is where are the fireworks held? I'm guessing over Sleeping Beauty's castle? If so, is there a good place to watch them? Did I hear there was a parade or cavalcade before the fireworks?

I have a hard time believing that the kids will be able to pull off late nights all three nights we are there....we are doing WOC on Thursday night (again, thank goodness that is only a 8:00pm show and not later) then the party Friday and then we can go back to the hotel when we need on Saturday. It is a 2 hour time difference for us.

Thanks for all the great tips! I'll be listening to the next one too before we leave!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #759
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

any one going tonight that can post a map?? lol and tell us where the bad guys are lol have fun i cant wait
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #760
babydougie
Earning My Ears

So excited for everyone going tonight! My bestie and I are flying there in 1 week. This is our first trip to DL. Our co workers are about sick of our constant screaming. Happy Halloween!
babydougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #761
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneas06GTYUP View Post
I will have to keep my eyes open for you, I love how original your costumes are.
Thank you!!! I will dressed up as Nutmeg on the 9th.

Kilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #762
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

I'd love this too!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #763
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I'm at Disneyland now - sitting at the Jolly Holiday bakery having a Matterhorn macaroon!

There are signs at the turnstiles saying the party is sold out for tonight. Also, the party pins are already out and for sale.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #764
modegard
Mouseketeer

Anyone doing the Ultimate Experience tonight? I am dying to know all the details! We are booked for October 9th.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #765
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhistler92 View Post
We will be at DL for 5 days plus the Halloween Party.
I am wondering if we will be able to get many of our character pictures taken durning normal park hours. I am not sure we want to spend a lot of time in lines for characters at the party if we can do that during the day.
Are there special character pictures during the party?
Do the characters only wear their costumes at the party?
Thanks
rwhistler92 -

The thing is that Disney seems to be making a concerted effort to limit the availability/accessibility of certain characters during the daytime this year. In the past, the Villains were out and about for photos in the daytime, and various characters were wearing Halloween costumes on Main Street.

This year it appears that only certain costume-clad characters can be found at the "Carnival," while you can only "conjure up" one Villain at a time in the tent that's there. The actual party is where there will be all kinds of interesting photo spots around the park - not just at the Carnival. For example, in the podcast the Storm Troopers were mentioned. They won't be out in the daytime. They would only be at the party. Jack Sparrow is a party regular.

Most of the photo spots at the party are PhotoPass as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post

The funny thing is Christmas itself is not doing a great deal for me, but I love the period of time leading up to it with all the decorations. I grew up in Germany where there are Christmas markets everywhere the month leading up to Christmas. Christmas itself has always felt like a bit of an anti-climax to me. I am sure that I will love the Holiday season at DL. I have witnessed the holiday season a few times at DLP. They also used to have a holiday overlay for IASW, but stopped this a few years ago. I can't wait to see the special things for the holidays at WDW this year. It is so strange that DL does not have a Christmas party yet and I hope that this will be offered in 2014.

Corinna

Corinna -

I've seen a few shows on TV that feature the Christmas markets in Germany, Switzerland and...where was the other one? Was it France? I can't recall. I know there were 3 different European countries featured in the Christmas market specials I saw. When I was watching the specials I thought, "Oooooh! I love those! Why don't we have any Christmas markets in Los Angeles?" I would be all over that!

In Washington state there is a town called Leavenworth that turns into a whole Christmas village in the month or two leading up to Christmas - they do it up BIG, from what I've seen on TV. They really make Christmas time - the whole season - an event that the entire town participates in, and every home/shop/restaurant gets in on the act. It is a true celebration. I would love love love to go there and see it in person. As much as I love Los Angeles, I would love to live in Leavenworth just for the entire holiday season and then come back to L.A.!

You know, I've suspected for a long time that Disneyland would eventually do a Christmas party. Something has obviously been holding them back from it, because it would be so easy for them to just do it like they do the Halloween party. I think that they wanted to wait until the DCA makeover was complete - this could be to offer alternate holiday options for people who choose not to attend a party in Disneyland, OR it could be because they may start off by having a party in DCA first, before moving it over to DL. (And this would be a great way to debut an all-holiday World of Color or the rumored holiday Toy Story Midway Mania overlay.)

The existing holiday parade and holiday fireworks (which have been around for years) may not be enough to convince the longtime holiday visitors to pay for separate tickets (though the new visitors would probably do it) if they have already seen those events many times. So...it would make sense to throw something 'new' into the party mix to entice everyone to buy tickets - including the longtime holiday guests. And that 'new' thing may end up being the Candlelight Processional, if the 20-night run of the CP scores big this coming holiday season.

Quote:
Sherry-we are headed down to DL in 15 days :-) soooooo excited!!!!! Anyway, we are attending the mon Oct 15th party and I'm wondering if I should listen to the podcast before we go, or save it as entertainment for the 7+ hour drive down? Thanks!
mrsw94 -

I think you should listen to it before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Does anyone have 2 extra tickets for the October 5 Mickey's Trick or Treat Party? Now that my friend has decided to go it is sold out.
Thanks for posting the map.
Susiesark -

It seems like a lot of folks are looking for tickets for the sold out nights. Unfortunately, there are no buying/selling forums on this board, and the tickets are technically not supposed to be for resale anyway (unless they are handled through an authorized-by-Disney seller). So if you find tickets it will have to be on your own, away from the DIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleygirl View Post
THANK YOU for that podcast. I love the information gathering I can do because of it!

One of the biggest things I got out of it was that it was recommended that we see the fireworks. Got it on the top of the list now. We also just watched Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time last night (thank GOODNESS DD age 5 didn't get scared) so we now are more familiar with the characters.

My question is where are the fireworks held? I'm guessing over Sleeping Beauty's castle? If so, is there a good place to watch them? Did I hear there was a parade or cavalcade before the fireworks?

I have a hard time believing that the kids will be able to pull off late nights all three nights we are there....we are doing WOC on Thursday night (again, thank goodness that is only a 8:00pm show and not later) then the party Friday and then we can go back to the hotel when we need on Saturday. It is a 2 hour time difference for us.

Thanks for all the great tips! I'll be listening to the next one too before we leave!

volleygirl -

I'm glad you had a chance to listen to the podcast. If I recall, Mary Jo got into specifics about where to stand for the fireworks in the podcast to be sure to see everything, like the crystall ball, etc. (though I don't recall what her exact recommendation was).

Yes, there is a cavalcade that happens twice per party.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: