Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #736
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

The Halloween Time podcast/call-in show that we recorded last night is now up! This is the link.

Check it out of you can - it's chock full o' information and discussion on Halloween Time at Disneyland! Regular DIS Unplugged correspondents Tom, Tony, Wayne, Nancy and Mary Jo were all involved, as was I.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 09-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #737
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

where is the map that they mintioned on the podcast for 2011?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #738
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar View Post
Jade - I wasn't sure where Tom was looking when he mentioned the map, but Bret/mvf-m11c posted a photo on Page 29 of this thread - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=428. I am guessing that's a 2011 map?

Also on Page 29 is TheZue's breakdown on the Halloween-themed In-Room celebration baskets, etc., with prices (Nancy mentioned these celebrations on the podcast last night).

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 09-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #739
Jenn1116
My goal in life is to visit DLP

I have a WHOLE YEAR to wait ... but this thread sure is helping appease the Disney monster while I wait.

Thanks for all the stories, info, and expecially the pictures. Pictures + memories + imagination = I smell the pumpkin muffins and churros from cubie land at work!

My parents thinks I'm crazy for being this excited so early. I'm not sure why since they were QUICK to invite themselves along when I told them I was taking DD next year. I hope they come out of the closet someday and admit they love the magic too!
1992 So Cal Family Trip
2006 50th Anniversary - DD's First Trip
2008 President's Day Weekend Getaway
2008 Friends and Family October Trip
2009 December in Disneyland
2013 Return of the Ostrowskis

Me DD 9 Grandma Grandpa

Old 09-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #740
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar View Post
Jade,here is another link for the Disneyland Halloween map from wdwinfo.com
Old 09-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #741
JadeDarkstar

ty
Old 09-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #742
rwhistler92
Mouseketeer

We will be at DL for 5 days plus the Halloween Party.
I am wondering if we will be able to get many of our character pictures taken durning normal park hours. I am not sure we want to spend a lot of time in lines for characters at the party if we can do that during the day.
Are there special character pictures during the party?
Do the characters only wear their costumes at the party?
Thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #743
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco View Post
We will be with you on that cruise! Should be a lot of fun.

All the holidays are great at disneyland so you can't go wrong!
Which of the two cruises will you be one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Corinna -

"Delights" is the right word for it! As long as you like the holiday season to begin with and enjoy Christmas (some people don't, so I have to preface my sentence with that!), you will love Disneyland during that time. Some people prefer Halloween as a holiday (over Christmas), and if that's the case you might still enjoy Halloween Time more than the holiday season.

But let me put it this way - as wonderful as Halloween Time is, the holiday season is 100 times more detailed, more all-encompassing, more involved, more immersive, etc. There are decorations all over the parks - in all shops and restaurants too - and at the hotels, in Downtown Disney, etc. Certain lands have themed decor. Holiday music fills the air (in different themes based on the land). IASW Holiday is gorgeous inside and out. The nighttime Winter Castle is stunning. The lights on Main Street are amazing. It is truly an incredible time of year to be at DLR.

I have a feeling that by the time you have your holiday trip there may very well be a Christmas party happening at DL too. I think that a party is coming either next year or in 2014.
The funny thing is Christmas itself is not doing a great deal for me, but I love the period of time leading up to it with all the decorations. I grew up in Germany where there are Christmas markets everywhere the month leading up to Christmas. Christmas itself has always felt like a bit of an anti-climax to me. I am sure that I will love the Holiday season at DL. I have witnessed the holiday season a few times at DLP. They also used to have a holiday overlay for IASW, but stopped this a few years ago. I can't wait to see the special things for the holidays at WDW this year. It is so strange that DL does not have a Christmas party yet and I hope that this will be offered in 2014.

Corinna
Old 09-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #744
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Here's a shot of the Haunted Mansion Gingerbread House. Unfortunately no matter how I sat, the railing always blocked the actual house.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #745
DisneyIsMagical
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
Here's a shot of the Haunted Mansion Gingerbread House. Unfortunately no matter how I sat, the railing always blocked the actual house.

Very cool! Can't wait to see it in person......soon!
Dec. 1989 offsite Oct. 2007 GCH Apr. 2008 Paradise Pier Nov. 2008 GCH Concierge Sept. 2009 GCH Concierge June 2011- Offsite-Became a first time AP holder! Nov. 9-12th 2011- GCH Concierge and lunch @ Club 33
Mar. 2012 GCH Halloweentime 2012 Oct. 7-11th GCH PPH Concierge 1/24-1/27 2013 PPH Concierge May 2013 Woohoo September 20th- 24th 2014 GCH Concierge
Old 09-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #746
JadeDarkstar

well ive changed my plans around again but for the finel time
we arent doing a few the smaller meals and made it worth wile to do cct for the woc fps yeah us *hops up an down*

we decied we dont need huge meal at the party and jsut snack around (as the pod cast said we should eat before hand)
and we changed a few things around making our chr meal more a brunch thing so it takes care of the lunch that day too
and made out dca day thu when no ee is happening in dca
Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #747
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have 2 extra tickets for the October 5 Mickey's Trick or Treat Party? Now that my friend has decided to go it is sold out.
Thanks for posting the map.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #748
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco View Post
We will be with you on that cruise! Should be a lot of fun.
And we are are the repo part of the cruise with you as well. See you at the Grand!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #749
mrsw94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E
The Halloween Time podcast/call-in show that we recorded last night is now up! This is the link.

Check it out of you can - it's chock full o' information and discussion on Halloween Time at Disneyland! Regular DIS Unplugged correspondents Tom, Tony, Wayne, Nancy and Mary Jo were all involved, as was I.
Sherry-we are headed down to DL in 15 days :-) soooooo excited!!!!! Anyway, we are attending the mon Oct 15th party and I'm wondering if I should listen to the podcast before we go, or save it as entertainment for the 7+ hour drive down? Thanks!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #750
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsw94 View Post
Sherry-we are headed down to DL in 15 days :-) soooooo excited!!!!! Anyway, we are attending the mon Oct 15th party and I'm wondering if I should listen to the podcast before we go, or save it as entertainment for the 7+ hour drive down? Thanks!
Both?
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: