Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
revwog1974
Mouseketeer

Sherry, I appreciate all the work you do on this thread, and as moderator on the board. Thank you very much. I was just thinking that a small addition might make it more clear why wording from 2010 is there. You are absolutely right that you clearly say it is from 2010, but until you responded to my question, I didn't know why you used the 2010 information.

Again, thank you so much for this thread, and the previous one. I've read every single page and it's really helping me prepare for my first trip to Disneyland at Halloween.
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #18
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

checking in 2month 2weeks one day till we go woohoo
Old 07-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #19
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by revwog1974 View Post
Sherry, I appreciate all the work you do on this thread, and as moderator on the board. Thank you very much. I was just thinking that a small addition might make it more clear why wording from 2010 is there. You are absolutely right that you clearly say it is from 2010, but until you responded to my question, I didn't know why you used the 2010 information.

Again, thank you so much for this thread, and the previous one. I've read every single page and it's really helping me prepare for my first trip to Disneyland at Halloween.
revwog1974 -

Thank you for the kind words, and you're very welcome. In fact, I did tweak the big title/heading in the info post (post #3) a tiny bit after you asked the question (and I may tweak it again) because I totally agree that it could have been a bit more clear! I also took out the references to ticket prices and things like that which are not applicable to this year at all, so hopefully that will be a little bit better.

Actually I wish that the info from last year that Disney published in various places had been just as detailed, and I could have gotten rid of the 2010 stuff. I remember wondering why they were leaving some details out of the mix altogether, even though those things were still part of the season. Hopefully this year there will be something a little more extensive again. I would really rather have totally new info to add to that particular post each year as it comes out, just as long as it includes the specifics!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 07-16-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #20
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Hi Sherry,

You a absolutely correct that the first thread was not a Superthread. That one got the Superthreads started like the Halloween, Christmas, F! And WoC Superthreads.

It would be nice to leave the thread as is. But it can only go till 250 pages which is a lot of posts. It is a lot of work to do all that work on the threads.

The Superthreads like WoC, F! etc. are great and very helpful. The two holiday Superthreads that you started do get a lot views and posts.

No question. So it looks like I will be posting my halloween pics on this new thread.

Here is my first Halloween pic on the new thread.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Bret -

Yay! You got the first photo of the thread in! A great way to kick things off!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 07-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Been going through the Disney Photo Gallery CD that comes with the PhotoPass+ Here is an awesome Halloween time photo that is large enough for a beautiful desktop photo. Just posting the link since the photo is pretty big!! A nice way to make your desktop prepared for a Halloween trip hehe

http://i50.tinypic.com/16k16hx.jpg

Old 07-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #22
dyljon
Earning My Ears

I have a costume question for all you regular MHP goers - how scary are costumes allowed to be? My 6 yr old is into zombies atm and wants to go as one, but I know in the guidelines it says "no offensive costumes". Are zombies considered offensive or too scary? We wouldn't have him covered in fake blood or anything, it would be a fairly mild version...
Old 07-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #23
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran

Movin' on over here to the new thread! Thanks Sherry!

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #24
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Should be fine with a mild zombie I think the main thing they focus on is masks and weapons

Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #25
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info, trying to look at planning a late Sept trip, Halloween so far has been our favorite time of year to visit!
My question is: Considering there is a date to the start of the Halloween season, is it safe to assume that the ride overlays will in fact be completed in time for start date?

We may push it to get in at the beginning of the time frame, but don't want to risk the rides with overlays to be down.

Also, two years ago they had expanded fireworks viewings and fantasmic viewings during the Halloween season.... was this also true last year? Wondering if it's safe to say there will be more nightly entertainment or if I need to stick to the weekend schedule for off season. Any thoughts??

Thanks for the insight!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #26
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Every year so far they've had fireworks every single night. During the parties there is the special Halloween Screams fireworks and then they had the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks show on every other night. Fantasmic was nightly except not on party nights

Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #27
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Back in 2009 during the Halloween season at DL, Halloween Screams made its debut and was running every night in the month of October. During that time there wasn't a MHP back in 2009. Then in 2010 for the first year of MHP, HS fireworks is a part of the party. The other days mostly on Saturday, Sunday or any holidays, DL ran RDCT fireworks while the weekdays they didn't show any fireworks. Just as iKristin said that F! is not running during MHP so you can only see it on the weekends.

Another pic for the new Halloween thread.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #28
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

I ordered my party tickets on 7/1. I was told they would arrive in 7-10 days. They still haven't arrived. I'm starting to get a little nervous. For those of you who purchased tickets how long did they take to arrive. At what point should I follow-up? My credit card was charged on 7/2.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #29
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
I ordered my party tickets on 7/1. I was told they would arrive in 7-10 days. They still haven't arrived. I'm starting to get a little nervous. For those of you who purchased tickets how long did they take to arrive. At what point should I follow-up? My credit card was charged on 7/2.
I would follow up. I think mine took 4 business days and I'm in your neck of the woods.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #30
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Hello! Just checking in on the new thread. 250 pages!
Continuing to mark time until we can buy the Ultimate Experience, and seriously hoping we don't have to wait until 30 days out. That would be Oct 1 for us!

AJ
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: