Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #211
ikeymakes3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpster View Post
Hope you get a credit! What was the discounted price with the card?
$46 vs the $54. I know its not much, but when you are buying 8 tickets it adds up!!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #212
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

More Halloween Round-Up photos, before we wrap up this particular theme week and begin a new theme tomorrow...

The Scare-Dy-Crow Shack...

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #213
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

More Round-Up...

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 08-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #214
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

I added this info to the very first post (the Welcome post) on page 1, as it is current 2012 info. When 2012's season is done, I will put some of it - or links to the info - in Post 3, with the info on seasons past.

(From the Disneyland Resort's Halloween Time/Mickey's Halloween Party pages)

Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort

Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park

(From the Disney Parks Blog)

August 9, 2012, Erin Glover - "'The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition' Coming to Disney California Adventure Park September 14"

June 25, 2012, Erin Glover - "Just Announced: Halloween Time and Mickey's Halloween Party Dates at Disneyland Resort..."

(From Disneyland News, July 16, 2012)

"The Happiest Place on Earth is About to Get Spookier: Disneyland Resort Celebrates Halloween Time 2012, Sept. 14 Through Oct. 31"

Quote:
Mickey’s Halloween Party invites adults and children to dress up in costume and trick-or-treat at Disneyland.. These revelers can also arrive before the party to “mix in” with regular Disneyland guests for three hours prior to the start of Mickey’s private bash. Highlights of Mickey’s Halloween Party include:
  • The special opportunity to play in Disneyland for up to three hours before the party starts; check www.Disneyland.com/Halloween for party hours.
  • Fun treat stations offering both candy and healthy treats
  • The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party)
  • ”Mickey’s Costume Party” cavalcade, performed twice nightly
  • Dance parties, where guests will “boo-gie” to lively music
  • An opportunity for everyone in the family to attend the park in costumes
  • Photo locations with some popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains
  • Favorite Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Halloween-themed attractions Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
  • Parking for one standard-size vehicle...

....Some favorite Disney characters, including Mickey himself, will dress up in fun, fall costumes. It’s the ideal environment to eat special holiday treats, play interactive games, listen to “spirited” music and watch a nightly character cavalcade that celebrates the season.

For Halloween fun at Disneyland, guests enjoy Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland. The experience begins as a typical Space Mountain adventure, but suddenly launches voyagers into a haunted section of the universe. Ghosts appear out of the starry darkness and swirling galaxies of Space Mountain, reaching out as if to grab guests as they speed through space. The exhilarating drops and curves of the journey are punctuated by piercing screams, creepy sound effects and haunting music.

Jack Skellington also returns to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring back Haunted Mansion Holiday to New Orleans Square in Disneyland. Transformed to a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the Tim Burton film “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Jack’s return to the Haunted Mansion includes the traditional Halloween/Christmas gingerbread house in the Mansion Ballroom, with some special spooky surprises in this year’s design.

Guests will also find some thrills at Disney California Adventure Park this fall. “The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition” will feature sketches, props, sets and puppets from Tim Burton’s new animated film, “Frankenweenie” from Sept. 14 through Nov. 5, and it includes a sneak peek of the movie. For spine-tingling fun, guests may drop in at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ where a “supernatural” event happened on Halloween evening, 1939, forever haunting the building.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #215
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

may i suggest Halloween food treats and coffin popcorn buckets or coffin sandwich holder (from some place or another)
Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #216
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar View Post
may i suggest Halloween food treats and coffin popcorn buckets or coffin sandwich holder (from some place or another)
Suggest them for...? You mean suggest them for my first post in this thread? The first post is merely the Welcome post, and other than my welcome information that's already been in there for a long time, I am putting the bare minimum of info there - only links or information directly from official Disney sites about this year, specifically.

So if Disney does a specific press release or blog on food, I will add it to Post #1.

Otherwise, any other blogs or articles from other unofficial sites, or from other threads (if they are somehow pertinent to the seasonal planning) would go in the actual Information post, which is #3 on Page 1. I already have quite a few food items listed in #3.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #217
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKristin View Post
Disneystore.com updated their merchandise with the Halloween section some real cute new stuff!!

http://www.disneystore.com/halloween...00885+1001081/
Thanks for sharing. I so want one of the Halloween Mickey Mouse Candleabras.

Corinna
Old 08-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #218
JadeDarkstar

lol i meant for a weekly them Halloween food and what not treats sorry lol
Old 08-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #220
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar View Post
lol i meant for a weekly them Halloween food and what not treats sorry lol
I thought that might be the other choice for what you meant, but I wasn't sure!

Anyway, you won't be disappointed. All the themes have been chosen, and it's going to be a surprise each week as to what the theme is until we get to Fridays - some things have been grouped together with other things into a 2-for-1 kind of theme, and some things will stand alone as a single theme. (The surprise element worked well in the Christmas thread's Theme Week countdown last year.)

But don't worry - I think you'll be very happy with some of the upcoming categories in future weeks. Some of the categories will be very wide/broad, so it will be easy for many folks to find photos to work into the theme!

Corinna -Wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for posting them. I knew there had be some Round-Up photos still floating around out there among our DIS'ers!!

Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #221
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I did not make it to the Round Up until the day of the second Halloween party that I attended, but I loved it and took quite a few photos. I wish Walt Disney World would do more for Halloween. I will see what they do for the Holiday season this year. If all goes to plan I will then get to see the Holiday season at Disneyland in 2014.

Corinna
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #222
JadeDarkstar

cool cool thanky
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #223
minjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Mindy -

I think that, so far, you could easily get away with 4 full days for Halloween Time. I say "so far" because I don't know if anything new will be added in to the roster of seasonal fun within the next year or two that might require more time. Five days wouldn't be bad, if you can swing it, but 4 would be okay.

I think 8 days in December is a wise choice. Even though any days during the holiday season - 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, whatever - is better than nothing, as you know (because you've seen it), there is so much to see and take in during the Christmas season that the more time you can manage for it, the better, I think. Even doing something like getting a freshly made candy cane is a big deal and requires perfect timing - arriving at the Candy Palace early, waiting in line and getting a ticket, then coming back to get the fresh candy cane, etc. That takes a chunk out of the morning!
Thanks Sherry E....I think I will try for 5 days for Halloween...now I just have to be able to keep it a secret....

Planning DLR June 2014/Disneyland - June 2011
- GCH/Disneyland - Dec. 2003/Jan 2004/DLH ConciergSummer 2000
Old 08-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #224
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

I've been meaning to post in here all week! Here are a few from 2010.

Notice the missing pipe cleaner Mickey ear:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
Old 08-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #225
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

It's Friday, and you know what that means.....

It’s time for the Theme Week Friday Countdown to Halloween Time!!!

...Only 28 Days Until
Halloween Time Begins at Disneyland Resort!!!!

And with the new week comes a new Disneyland Resort Halloween theme!!

As you know, I'm going to showcase a particular area of interest of DLR's Halloween Time festivities each week until the 2012 merriment officially begins on Friday, September 14!! It is a good way to keep the photos rolling in on a regular basis and build anticipation for 9/14! Also, it's a way to display the different aspects and details of the Halloween season at DLR that may be totally new to some people...or previously unnoticed/overlooked by others.

Last week we celebrated Autumn, visited the Scare-Dy-Crow Shack and admired the intricately carved character pumpkins tucked away at the Halloween Round-Up. Prior to that, we took a little trip into the twisted mind of Jack Skellington and his Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay. Including today’s theme, there will be 11 more themes to come over the next month: 5 weekly Friday countdowns for 8/17, 8/24, 8/31, 9/7 and 9/14, and 6 “mini-themes” – one each day, from 9/8-9/13, leading up to the season’s start date.

Many of our DIS’ers who participated in the Christmas Superthread’s Theme Week Countdown last year contributed some wonderful photos of the Yuletide décor along Main Street. But before the first Mickey wreath is hung overhead, and before the first colorful window display is set up, Main Street is home to a Pumpkin Festival like no other.

In the Spotlight this Week......

MAIN STREET!!!

When you first set foot on Main Street during Halloween Time, you will be struck by all of the detailed seasonal touches that dot this old-fashioned street. There is a giant Mickey Mouse pumpkin waiting to greet you with a wink and a smile. Then, there are smaller jack-o-lanterns all around – peeking over balconies, sitting on window sills, perched on awnings, and probably other places we haven’t yet seen. This is the “Pumpkin Festival,” and ‘festive’ it is, indeed!

But it’s not just the Festival that makes Main Street special. Bright orange bunting is draped on some of the facades. Many of the windows of the shops showcase colorful displays. The flowers are awash in Fall colors. The Partners statue at the Hub is surrounded by pumpkins representing each land in Disneyland.

Main Street is the perfect introduction to your Halloween Time visit at Disneyland Resort, and the ideal way to get into the ‘spirit’ of the season!.

Some spooky window displays…

More Main Street pictures coming from me in later posts…

Please feel free to post your photos of Main Street all this week!!!!! Don’t worry if you have already posted certain photos before – some pictures may fit into more than one theme week. As long as they fit the theme, you are welcome to post them again!

Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: