Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #136
DisneyIsMagical
Mouseketeer

More HMH:

Dec. 1989 offsite Oct. 2007 GCH Apr. 2008 Paradise Pier Nov. 2008 GCH Concierge Sept. 2009 GCH Concierge June 2011- Offsite-Became a first time AP holder! Nov. 9-12th 2011- GCH Concierge and lunch @ Club 33
Mar. 2012 GCH Halloweentime 2012 Oct. 7-11th GCH PPH Concierge 1/24-1/27 2013 PPH Concierge May 2013 Woohoo September 20th- 24th 2014 GCH Concierge
Old 08-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #137
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
This thread was dangerously tiptoeing on the edge of Page 2, about to cross over to "Page 3 land." Since the season is beginning next month (Yay! I'm so excited! Time for Creepy Dancing Guy), we need to keep it in the spotlight!

Thank you, everyone, for your amazing, beautiful "Haunted Mansion Holiday/Nightmare Before Christmas" Theme Week Countdown photos! We still have a couple more days of the HMH/NBC theme, so if anyone has any others they'd like to share, feel free. On Friday we will begin a brand new theme!

I could have feasibly broken up a couple of my "big" themes that are coming up into mini-themes, or even just separate theme weeks. We will have some mini-themes down the road, but I am going to throw in a couple of major themes that have a lot of sub-sections within them (which should make it easier for lots of people to find things to post).

Basically, I had the idea that I wanted to keep the themes limited to no more than "13" - just because 13 is associated with superstition or slightly creepy things, which was fitting for this Halloween Superthread! (You see, my wheels are always spinning and my twisted mind is always racing!) So to keep it at 13 themes (including both weekly and daily mini-themes), I had to mush some things together into one big supertheme!

Now I could have done a similar thing with the Christmas thread - maybe make it "12" themes (for the "12 Days of Christmas" and all of that), but there is way, way too much ground to cover for the holiday season to limit the themed countdowns to 12, so I'm not doing that! (In fact, at last tally, I think there were 18 themes for the Christmas countdown!)

One thing I should mention too - if a theme pops up that could possibly include photos you have already posted for a previous theme week, that's 100% okay! Just post them again, if you'd like to!

For example, something that appeared in this week's HMH/NBC theme week may be applicable to other themes coming up. Don't worry that you have already posted them. There are new people tuning in to the thread all the time and they haven't necessarily seen all that has already been posted.

So feel free to share whatever you want to share, whether or not it's already been seen!

I'm quoting my post from yesterday to bump this thread up and to remind everyone that there will be a new theme in 2 days! We're still in HMH/NBC week, however, so if anyone has anymore photos within that theme to share, go right ahead!

Vanessa, thank you so much for your photos yesterday. You were actually a main factor in why I decided to start the countdown off with the HMH theme. You mentioned that you hadn't taken many photos in 2007 (your last Halloween Time trip), but I didn't want to start out right off the bat with a theme that you couldn't participate in. I knew you'd have some HMH photos because you were at DLR last year when the holiday season began, and thus, would be able to participate in HMH/NBC week over in this thread! It was all part of my master plan! Muahahahahahahahaha!

(Again, as I mentioned in my post above, see how my wheels are always spinning?)

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #138
DisneyIsMagical
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I'm quoting my post from yesterday to bump this thread up and to remind everyone that there will be a new theme in 2 days! We're still in HMH/NBC week, however, so if anyone has anymore photos within that theme to share, go right ahead!

Vanessa, thank you so much for your photos yesterday. You were actually a main factor in why I decided to start the countdown off with the HMH theme. You mentioned that you hadn't taken many photos in 2007 (your last Halloween Time trip), but I didn't want to start out right off the bat with a theme that you couldn't participate in. I knew you'd have some HMH photos because you were at DLR last year when the holiday season began, and thus, would be able to participate in HMH/NBC week over in this thread! It was all part of my master plan! Muahahahahahahahaha!

(Again, as I mentioned in my post above, see how my wheels are always spinning?)
I'm liking your master plan! And thank you for thinking of me! Hmmm...I wonder if there will be a theme week for the DCA decorations of past, I did get some pics of those But, I am thoroughly excited to see others' photos of the stuff I have to look forward to! I think I'm just under the 2 month countdown
Dec. 1989 offsite Oct. 2007 GCH Apr. 2008 Paradise Pier Nov. 2008 GCH Concierge Sept. 2009 GCH Concierge June 2011- Offsite-Became a first time AP holder! Nov. 9-12th 2011- GCH Concierge and lunch @ Club 33
Mar. 2012 GCH Halloweentime 2012 Oct. 7-11th GCH PPH Concierge 1/24-1/27 2013 PPH Concierge May 2013 Woohoo September 20th- 24th 2014 GCH Concierge
Old 08-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #139
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Sherry E thank you for the countdown. Since I've never been at Halloween time before my participation in the countdown is limited to looking at everyone else's photos but I love it! Thanks to all who are posting photos.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #140
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #141
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

I'd like to find out, from those of you going to Mickey's Trick or Treat Party, if you will be wearing costumes. My 8 y/o DD will be wearing Rapunzel wedding dress (her messy short brown hair makes her a dead ringer) and I'm looking for a Mother Gothel costume.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #142
rowan1813
Disney Princess since birth

Hi all! I just wanted to say thanks to Sherry for this thread (totally awesome!) and thanks to everyone who has already posted pictures. I love them!!!

I also have a question and I apologize it has been covered already somewhere else (I didn't see it in any of Sherry's beginning info). If BFF and I are dressing up for MHP but are going to be at DL all day (we have APs) what time can we dress up? Is it when they start letting MHP ticket holders into the park or do we have to wait until the official start of the party?

Thanks!

Last edited by rowan1813; 08-10-2012 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Cause leaving out words can change the meaning of a sentence :)
Old 08-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #143
Mel522
DIS Veteran

My contribution...

Old 08-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #144
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

rowan1813 -

First of all, thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so glad you like the thread!

You're correct - if you are wearing a costume to the MHP, you can't be in the park in costume until they start letting in the ticket holders. So if you're there when they start letting MHP people in at 3 p.m. (on any day other than Friday), you can go in then. On Fridays you can enter with your MHP ticket at 4 p.m. So if you spent the day in DL, you'd have to exit at some point, change into your costume and then re-enter at 3 p.m. or 4 p.m.

laura&fam -

Thank you for the kind words as well! There will be a lot more pictures coming in the next several weeks! Hopefully when you experience your first Halloween Time at DLR, you will come back with lots of photos to contribute in future years' countdowns!

Susiesark -

I'm one of the MHP-goers who will not be in costume, but lots of people will be. It's about 50/50, I'd say - half in costume; half not in costume!

Vanessa -

There will be some sort of theme, at some point, to cover your DCA pictures! There are a couple of options (I'm still debating on a couple of pre-chosen themes and mulling them over as far as whether to mush them together with other themes or let them stand alone). Even if you were to just post the pictures in the final "Miscellaneous" goody bag o' photos at the very end of the countdown, you'd still get them in! But some of these categories and themes are pretty broad, and therefore inclusive of a lot of different things, so it should be very easy for everyone to work their pictures into some theme or another!

Thank you to Eeee-va and Mel522 for their recent awesome contributions to the preceding Haunted Mansion Holiday/Nightmare Before Christmas Theme Week! (I love that Duffy picture!)

And NOW...

I am just about to post the first installment in our new Theme Week. This is literally a theme for which I have soooooo many photos, I couldn't decide which ones to pick for the first post. It was difficult. There are too many - I think I took so many pictures because I was thinking of using them in future years' Theme Weeks! - and they all give a great idea of the feel of this particular theme.

So I am only starting out by posting one particular aspect of this week's theme, but there is a lot of ground to cover within the whole theme, so the photos should be rolling in for a while. Everyone, please feel free to post whatever you have from this theme - it's not necessary to follow my lead and only post this particular aspect of it, if you don't want to!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 08-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #145
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

It's Friday, and you know what that means.....

It’s time for the Theme Week Friday Countdown to Halloween Time!!!

...Only 35 Days Until
Halloween Time Begins at Disneyland Resort!!!!

And with the new week comes a new Disneyland Resort Halloween theme!!

As you know, I'm going to showcase a particular area of interest of DLR's Halloween Time festivities each week until the 2012 merriment officially begins on Friday, September 14!! It is a good way to keep the photos rolling in on a regular basis and build anticipation for 9/14! Also, it's a way to display the different aspects and details of the Halloween season at DLR that may be totally new to some people...or previously unnoticed/overlooked by others.

Last week we took a little trip into the twisted mind of Jack Skellington and his Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay. Including today’s theme, there will be 12 more themes to come over the next two months: 6 weekly Friday countdowns for 8/10, 8/17, 8/24, 8/31, 9/7 and 9/14, and 6 “mini-themes” – one each day, from 9/8-9/13, leading up to the season’s start date.

Many of our DIS’ers who participated in the Christmas Superthread’s Theme Week Countdown last year contributed some wonderful photos of Santa’s Reindeer Round-Up. But before Santa and his reindeer come to town and take over the Round-Up, it hosts a Halloween wonderland.

In the Spotlight this Week......

THE HALLOWEEN ROUND-UP!!!

The quaint Halloween Round-Up is tucked away in a far corner of Frontierland, away from the hustle and bustle of Main Street and far removed from all of Jack Skellington’s mischief in New Orleans Square. But once you take a peek at this rustic hidden gem you will know it should be front and center, for all Halloween lovers to see.

Filled with Autumn-hued flowers, whimsical gourds, scarecrows, baby animals wearing Halloween-themed bandannas and many other themed accents, the Round-Up fully immerses you in the season and celebrates it wholeheartedly. Every detail lends itself to composing the perfect snapshot of Fall.

I’ll start by posting some pumpkin pics!

Home to many intricately carved Disney character pumpkins as well as the ‘pumpkin artists’ who give them personalities, the Halloween Round-Up is a treasure; a true highlight of Halloween Time.

The craftsmanship and artistry that goes into creating these clever masterpieces is amazing! There are new character pumpkins put on display every day and others that are ‘retired’ every week, all throughout the season.

“I’m wishing…”

This is one side of the pumpkin (there’s even an apple!)…

And this is the other side of the same pumpkin…

More Round-Up pictures coming from me in a later post…

Please feel free to post your photos of the Halloween Round-Up all this week!!!!! Don’t worry if you have already posted certain photos before – some pictures may fit into more than one theme week. As long as they fit the theme, you are welcome to post them again!

Last edited by Sherry E; 08-10-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #146
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Here are some pics of the carved pumpkins from last years Halloween season at the Halloween Round-Up

Ariel

Chuckles the clown

Dumbo

Rapunzel

Davy Jones

Just a Ghost

Tink

Mice from Cinderella

Minnie

Cruella de Vil

Hades from Hurcules

Mad Hatter and Boo on the right hand side

Boo and PP

Piglet

Dory and Marlin
Old 08-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #147
DisneyIsMagical
Mouseketeer

I love those carved pumpkins, great photos! This is one aspect of the round up that I've never seen...love it!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #149
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Here are my pics from the Halloween round up. these are all from 2010

Old 08-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #150
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Awesome photos so far, everyone!

It's interesting to note the differences in pumpkins between years (like Jack Skellington in I'm mikey's photo from 2010 is totally different than the Jack Skellington pumpkin at the Round-Up in 2011) and it's also interesting to compare my pictures with Bret's pictures and Corinna's pictures, back to back - it's plain to see that some of the pumpkins must have been on display for all 3 of our individual 2011 trips, while I think some of the pumpkins may have only been there for a short time and then removed.

By the way - just to remind everyone...the Round-Up theme doesn't only have to be about the character pumpkins. I just started out with those pictures because I was having a hard time trying to select which photos I was going to use for the Intro post, and it was taking too long to decide. So I figured that the pumpkins were easy and quick to pick out.

I have a whole mess o' photos of all corners of the Round-Up, pumpkins or no pumpkins, that will have you wishing it was Fall by the time I'm done sharing them! I just didn't want to dump them all on you at one time, in one sitting. I'd rather sprinkle them in, here and there, over the course of the week!

So, everyone, feel free to share any Round-Up photos you have, whether there are character pumpkins in them or not.

Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: