Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
KaTFacer
Earning My Ears

Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

We were debating about doing this tour on our first visit as annual passport holders (but not first trip there). We noticed that part of the tour takes you into the lobby of Club 33, but that the Club is closed right now. Does anyone know if you still get to go into the club with it closed?
Aulani Dreaming... ALWAYS!
KaTFacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
M4travels
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaTFacer View Post
We were debating about doing this tour on our first visit as annual passport holders (but not first trip there). We noticed that part of the tour takes you into the lobby of Club 33, but that the Club is closed right now. Does anyone know if you still get to go into the club with it closed?
Club 33 is under a major renovation. There really is nothing to see at this point. It may make it back into the tour after its reopening, supposedly in July is the rumor.

M

33 is my favorite number!
M4travels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Well based upon what I have read here, no. But instead, tour guests are allowed to linger a bit longer in Walt's apartment instead.

~~ Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose ~~ Janis
Gisele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
FryingPansWhoKnew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisele View Post
Well based upon what I have read here, no. But instead, tour guests are allowed to linger a bit longer in Walt's apartment instead.
I read this on another site as well. I have no way to verify its accuracy though. Seems like it make sense.
FryingPansWhoKnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
superlarz
Mouseketeer

I would wait until the club is open again.. they wont take you into the construction site.
superlarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
Hojoanaheim
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

They will take you to Club 33 door, but will not take you inside. I would wait till it is open again. You can see the door anytime

HTH,
Kriss
Old 04-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #7
KaTFacer
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the advice everyone! Walt's apartment is a huge draw, so if there is extra time in there, we may end up taking the tour anyways! I really appreciate the responses.
Aulani Dreaming... ALWAYS!
KaTFacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #8
PixiePug
Earning My Ears

I am thinking about doing this tour when I go in the fall! It's my first DLR trip, and as a WDW Cast Member, I think it would be an awesome experience! Let us know how it is if you go!
PixiePug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
whoever
DIS Veteran

I plan on doing this if we go in October. I really want to see Walt's apartment before they decide it should be off limits to the avg park guest.
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #10
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

We took the tour last Tuesday. We did go to the Club 33 site but not inside since a refurb is underway. But that was not the main interest for us anyway. The apartment WAS a major point and made the tour worth every penny.

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #11
whoever
DIS Veteran

Do they let you do a test shot of say a random wall to tune the camera settings in the apt if you delete it?
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:58 AM   #12
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever
Do they let you do a test shot of say a random wall to tune the camera settings in the apt if you delete it?
Yes, but then just to make sure there will be no photos showing up on TMZ! Hans or Fritz, they are cast members that are from Germany and are brothers. Anyway,
depending upon which brother is working that day, Hans or his brother will appear all of a sudden, quietly, deliberate in both movement and purpose, before your very eyes, reach out for your camera, then commence upon smacking down your camera into the floor. Then you will receive a big button that says WunderBar! Which is good for one mint julep at the Blue Bayou.

~~ Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose ~~ Janis
Gisele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #13
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
I'm not sure, but you can always ask. They were very concerned about my camera being out without a lens cap in the backstage area. (I had lost my lens cap) so I pointed the lens down into my purse and they were very happy I did that. The CM's in charge of the apartment are different than the tour guide and you could tell they are VERY protective of the apartment. And we took the tour for the same reason you mentioned, we wonder how long they will make this available to the general public before they decide not to offer it anymore. It was well worth it IMO!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #14
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

Crystal, when did you take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour?

We haven't taken it since they just took the group into the Lobby of Club 33(VERY underwhelming by the way), and at that time, they hadn't begun taking groups into the Firehouse Apartment. They also fed us Dinner, at the Golden Horseshoe Saloon(while we watched Billy Hill--so fun!!!!)

We very much enjoyed the tour, but I was wondering if it would be worth redoing, since they've changed several points of interest?
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #15
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

Hi Karry! We took the tour in February of 2013, about 6 months after they started allowing people into Walt's apartment. We mainly did the tour for the apartment because we had already had the amazing opportunity to dine at Club 33.

Included was lunch from Jolly Holiday (choice of entree, drink and dessert) and a pin. When we checked in they asked us what we would like to eat for lunch and took the order. When we went, the DL RR and IASW were closed. So we got to go on PP and Tiki Room. (I've heard others say they got to ride PP, DL RR and IASW) We had a wonderful tour guide. I had heard a lot of the info before, but I like hearing the audio with Walt talking. I am a huge Walt fan. Going in to his personal apartment was something I NEVER thought I would EVER be able to do. It was on my bucket list (along with a stay in the Dream Suite), so when I heard of the tour, I knew I HAD to do it. It was an incredibly moving experience for me and one that I will treasure forever. I totally think the tour is worth it! Especially with the AP discount

Last edited by crystal1313; 04-29-2014 at 02:58 PM.
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: