Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #1456
D&R love Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if they have ever offered FD or RO dscts on CL rooms in the past? We are coming in October, staying at BC CL and would love some extra spending money. Not changing my plans regardless but just curious (and hopeful )

Thanks
It was 10 years ago but got an incredible 40% discount on a Garden Suite at the BoardWalk Inn. Unbelievable and made even better when my now DH proposed!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #1457
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

We got a bounce back for our trip in Oct. 30 or 35% I forget.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #1458
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Well, we have used the dining plan several times & really like it, but the last couple of trips we weren't all that hungry. Last trip we split our lunches & really didn't want all the desserts. Free dining sounds great, but when the tip is figured that can really add up one's costs.

I wanted to try CL at least once & this seemed a good time with the discount. Now I can have just an appetizer for dinner instead of a full dinner. I think we will have less costs going OOP. Remember we will have breakfast, snacks, sodas, beer & wine in CL which will cut some of our costs.
Good points on the tips too! I didn't even factor that into it! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R love Disney View Post
It was 10 years ago but got an incredible 40% discount on a Garden Suite at the BoardWalk Inn. Unbelievable and made even better when my now DH proposed!
That is awesome!!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #1459
jlm196
Mouseketeer

Cool Looking for expert advice!

We are planning a trip to WDW for our 10th anniversary and my 40th birthday. We want to stay at a Deluxe Resort-Club Level, but I am having a really hard time deciding where to stay.
My first thought was AKL but we have 2 very active boys 8 & 6 and I don't want to spend too much time waiting for a bus or riding a bus.
My second thought was an Epcot resort especially since we will be there during the Food and Wine Festival.
We do spend a portion of everyday in the pool and they loved the slide at CSR so I wanted to pick a resort with a fun pool.
My third thought was a MK resort, but the prices seem to make that prohibitive.
The boys love bunk beds so that leaves me with AKL or WL. I have too many little things that I am considering and I can't seem to narrow down which is the most important.

Thanks in advance for your advice....
Old 05-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #1460
avery619
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
Personally, I prefer the "Standard" view, which overlooks the pool/Bay Lake. When I want to see MK, I go to the lounge.

Other than which view, there's not much difference between the rooms on each side. When the resort was built, the rooms were prefabricated offsite- so they were made to all be the same. The balconies are all the same. The only tiny difference is the way the room is oriented- some are oriented in a mirror fashion. All the rooms are pretty convenient, some are slightly closer to the elevator, the ones that are further might be slightly quieter, but all the rooms we've had on the 12th floor have been pretty quiet.

I get that at other resorts room location matter more because the resorts have irregular shapes, obstructions, and the views vary. Also some of the other resorts have a wide variety of balcony options. At CR, - other than the two different sides- it's all basically the same.

The only OTHER option, is maybe to be on the 12th vs. 14th floor. Currently the 14th floor is being renovated- with a soft completion date, so you it's not an option. Even still, most prefer the 12th floor. The 14th floor doesn't have the open atrium.

Thanks! It sounds like a great set up. I'd be fine with the standard view based on your description. It is trying to convince the rest of the family.

2006 - ASMU, 2008 - BC, 2010 - BC, 2012 - YC, 6/13 - DL - PPH, 8/13 - CR-CL, 6/14 - YC, 8/15 - VWL
Old 05-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #1461
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

Hello,
quick question...we are staying GF SL in June...should we do the online check in before we arrive?
I remember the last time we stayed there, they checked us in when they took us to our room (also SL) . Not sure if this just helps speed up the process.
Let me know what you guys suggest!
Thanks

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
Old 05-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #1462
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I had a PIN that gave me 30% or so off rack rate.

I would not advise online check in. The IPOD asked me to do it on our recent stay , so I did, and even the Club staff was surprised and it complicated things.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #1463
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm196 View Post
We are planning a trip to WDW for our 10th anniversary and my 40th birthday. We want to stay at a Deluxe Resort-Club Level, but I am having a really hard time deciding where to stay.
My first thought was AKL but we have 2 very active boys 8 & 6 and I don't want to spend too much time waiting for a bus or riding a bus.
My second thought was an Epcot resort especially since we will be there during the Food and Wine Festival.
We do spend a portion of everyday in the pool and they loved the slide at CSR so I wanted to pick a resort with a fun pool.
My third thought was a MK resort, but the prices seem to make that prohibitive.
The boys love bunk beds so that leaves me with AKL or WL. I have too many little things that I am considering and I can't seem to narrow down which is the most important.

Thanks in advance for your advice....
I'd say give WL a try. It is fantastically themed, there's a lot to do and see, you can boat to MK (or even take the bus, which is VERY quick), the pool is great and doesn't seem to get overcrowded the way some resort pools can, the resort itself is pretty compact (and all under one roof), so less wandering around, and you can possibly get bunk beds (while they're a bookable category for regular rooms, I believe it's just a request for CL rooms).

Otherwise, YC or BC. Fun pool, for sure. Walk to Epcot, boat to DHS. No bunk beds, but the rooms are a bit larger than the rooms at WL. And you can walk the Boardwalk in the evenings and check out the entertainment.

Good luck deciding!
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 05-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #1464
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess View Post
Hello,
quick question...we are staying GF SL in June...should we do the online check in before we arrive?
I remember the last time we stayed there, they checked us in when they took us to our room (also SL) . Not sure if this just helps speed up the process.
Thanks
I had always heard online check-in was unnecessary when staying CL, since you have a separate check-in anyway. However, I did it for our November stay at WL CL and just did it again for our upcoming stay at YC CL. I found it did speed things up a bit -- not a huge amount, but we tend to be impatient at check-in (excited to get to our room already!).
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 05-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #1465
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess
Hello,
Thanks
I asked the IPO today about doing online check in or not, and they said, no need, just let us check you in upstairs. I figure it's one less thing for me to do, so it works for me.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 05-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #1466
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post

Good to know! How did you figure which was a better deal? Did you use the rack rate and then try to figure out how much you would spend on food?

Thanks
Typically RO is the better option at most deluxe resorts just because their prices are so high. Even in value season most CL rooms are around $500+ per night. At a 30% discount that saves you $150 per night. You could buy the dining plan for three adults for that if you wanted.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #1467
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose View Post
Typically RO is the better option at most deluxe resorts just because their prices are so high. Even in value season most CL rooms are around $500+ per night. At a 30% discount that saves you $150 per night. You could buy the dining plan for three adults for that if you wanted.
That makes sense. Thanks! I think I might just do my own version of the dining plan and put that amount on a gift card. I guess the only reason I wanted FD was so I didn't have to worry about prices, etc.... But I didn't even factor in paying for tips too...

We are not huge sit down eating folks so I think I will start my wishful thinking towards the RO discount!!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #1468
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Happy Dance

Just sent the IPO info sheets off to the Poly and the BC - our 180 window opens Tuesday morning!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 06-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #1469
wyurm
Mouseketeer

It just got real!

I hit my 180 day mark today and opened my email to find a complete itinerary with everything as I wanted. I love CL already!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #1470
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Last night Chef Eugene at the Poly really outdid himself and brought us out two plates of ribs. He is a fabulous asset to the CL staff.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: