Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #1426
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by avery619 View Post
Hello, I posted this same question on the Contemporary board. I can use all the help I can get. I may book a Theme Park View Atrium Club Level Room for the Fall. If I do, what requests if any should I make regarding location, etc. Any advice be great. Thanks!

Avery
Personally, I prefer the "Standard" view, which overlooks the pool/Bay Lake. When I want to see MK, I go to the lounge.

Other than which view, there's not much difference between the rooms on each side. When the resort was built, the rooms were prefabricated offsite- so they were made to all be the same. The balconies are all the same. The only tiny difference is the way the room is oriented- some are oriented in a mirror fashion. All the rooms are pretty convenient, some are slightly closer to the elevator, the ones that are further might be slightly quieter, but all the rooms we've had on the 12th floor have been pretty quiet.

I get that at other resorts room location matter more because the resorts have irregular shapes, obstructions, and the views vary. Also some of the other resorts have a wide variety of balcony options. At CR, - other than the two different sides- it's all basically the same.

The only OTHER option, is maybe to be on the 12th vs. 14th floor. Currently the 14th floor is being renovated- with a soft completion date, so you it's not an option. Even still, most prefer the 12th floor. The 14th floor doesn't have the open atrium.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #1427
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Hi everyone

Is there anything new in the world of the Polynesian Club Level since 2010? We're planning on the Hawaii building for September 2014. I know that the rooms are being redone, but anything different in the way of CL services or food/beverage?

Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]

Last edited by SeaSpray; 05-24-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Edited to change 2012 to 2010!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #1428
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpymom73
We are doing our first CL stay at AKL this August. Is there anything as far as room location that I should request? Also, when staying CL should I do online check in?
TIA
"Zebra Trail near lobby". I have never bother to do online check in though!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #1429
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
"Zebra Trail near lobby". I have never bother to do online check in though!
Thanks!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #1430
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Ofinn...There's a live report starting tomorrow,5/25, on the live reports thread at the top of the resorts page. It's the Murphy's and they are going to YC and staying CL. They will probably talk about the CL and have pics.

Have a great trip.
We just stayed at YC CL. I was actually looking for info on BW CL. Maybe my post was confusing.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #1431
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Hi!!

We are in process of planning our 1st WDW trip for next May. We are interrelated in a split stay at AoA & YC. If the price is good, we will do CL (yes, I'm aware it is not at AoA).

I read through the first few posts about CL, but, I am not entirely sure I understand all the benefits. I do see that you can email/call in your ADR requests & that can be taken care of for you (but only during our club level portion, I believe). I see they offer snacks throughout the majority of the stay. Is there any other benefit I am missing?? Something that will help me see the value of the upgrade?? ADR help sounds wonderful!!

Thanks a bunch!!

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Old 05-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #1432
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Hi!!

We are in process of planning our 1st WDW trip for next May. We are interrelated in a split stay at AoA & YC. If the price is good, we will do CL (yes, I'm aware it is not at AoA).

I read through the first few posts about CL, but, I am not entirely sure I understand all the benefits. I do see that you can email/call in your ADR requests & that can be taken care of for you (but only during our club level portion, I believe). I see they offer snacks throughout the majority of the stay. Is there any other benefit I am missing?? Something that will help me see the value of the upgrade?? ADR help sounds wonderful!!

Thanks a bunch!!
Hi! I seem to be following you around! I jus answered to you on ythe Y&B thread!

We stay club level all the time. At Y&B, the rooms are all on the 5th floor (except for deluxe roome & suites). The floor is secure, you need to use your room key to access it. You do get the IPO (Itinerary Planning Office) to help with arrangements like ARds, tickets, tour & recreation reservations before your arrival. Check in is done right on the 5th floor, no atanding in line in the lobby (as long as you atrrive before 10 PM). The club CMs are available to help with dining etc during your stay. Again, no standing around in line in the lobby.

The lounge is a nice place to relax if your family needs alittle extra space. We love the quick breakfast options: bagels, pastries, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt. Beverages like coffee, sodas, iced tea. lemonaide are available pretty much all day. If you like wine, beer or things like Kaluha (spelling?) they have those in the evenings. The evening appetizers are nice but really not a full meal. For kids they have PB & J with rolls.

Depending on how many in your family & how much you will be at the resort helps to determine if the cost is "worth it". Obviously if you are planning character breakfasts & parks morning til closing, you won't be at the resort to take advantage of the food offerings. If you're gona hang around the hotel more, you'll get more from your stay.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #1433
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Hi!!

Thanks a bunch!!
I agree with everything PP said. In addition, for me it is being able to grab a snack for DD at any time. Also, since she sleeps earlier than us, we can pop into the lounge with the monitor while she is falling asleep. Otherwise, she thinks she needs to talk all night!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 05-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #1434
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Hi! I seem to be following you around! I jus answered to you on ythe Y&B thread!

We stay club level all the time. At Y&B, the rooms are all on the 5th floor (except for deluxe roome & suites). The floor is secure, you need to use your room key to access it. You do get the IPO (Itinerary Planning Office) to help with arrangements like ARds, tickets, tour & recreation reservations before your arrival. Check in is done right on the 5th floor, no atanding in line in the lobby (as long as you atrrive before 10 PM). The club CMs are available to help with dining etc during your stay. Again, no standing around in line in the lobby.

The lounge is a nice place to relax if your family needs alittle extra space. We love the quick breakfast options: bagels, pastries, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt. Beverages like coffee, sodas, iced tea. lemonaide are available pretty much all day. If you like wine, beer or things like Kaluha (spelling?) they have those in the evenings. The evening appetizers are nice but really not a full meal. For kids they have PB & J with rolls.

Depending on how many in your family & how much you will be at the resort helps to determine if the cost is "worth it". Obviously if you are planning character breakfasts & parks morning til closing, you won't be at the resort to take advantage of the food offerings. If you're gona hang around the hotel more, you'll get more from your stay.
Lol, I will hop over the YC & BC thread in just a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
I agree with everything PP said. In addition, for me it is being able to grab a snack for DD at any time. Also, since she sleeps earlier than us, we can pop into the lounge with the monitor while she is falling asleep. Otherwise, she thinks she needs to talk all night!
Thank you both!!
We are family of 5, kids will be 15, 10, and 8 at time of travel. The oldest and youngest are pretty picky eaters. Generally just fruit, cereal, or pop tarts for breakfast. We will be getting the dining plan, and we plan to use most of our TS for dinner, 1 or 2 lunches, and 1 or 2 character breakfasts (one will be on check out day, which is kind of a tradiotion). We will have 3 days where we will primarily be away from the parks (1 at a water park, with character dining before hand; 1 just pool side; and one at IoA). I was talking to my DBF about pating OOP primarily for breakfasts at the CS in the resort. I have to consider if these breakfast items are worth the upgrade 7 mornings and some evening snacks.

When discounts are offered, is CL excluded from those offers? I looked at the price points on Allears, and they were a bit steeper than I was estimating. The prices are pretty close to what those were at Aulani, and we just went to the ABC store across the street for small morning snacks for the room. Was considering this as well.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Old 05-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #1435
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Dizneekrazee,

I find that if we are on CL, DDP is overkill. A few years ago, it was great deal, but DDP is now way overpriced. It's almost a sure fire way to lose money.

What is nice about CL- esp when compared to DDP, is that you simply help yourself to whatever you want, it's mindless. With DDP you always have to pay attention to what is included in the plan.

Then again, CL is not really about saving money. You can reap better savings buying your own groceries/beer/wine. For us, the value of CL comes from maximizing our vacation time. (time=money) But we know our way around WDW. On a first visit, your best value is probably skipping both DDP and CL.

Part of the value of CL comes form the extra level of service; the value is very personal. The food is just okay, it's nothing to get too excited about. We like it because it's easier than going to the food courts, not because it's better. Most of the pastries are the same as what they sell in the food courts. The food courts have a wider selection of options. (eggs, bacon, pancakes)

You will only get the value of CL if you use the lounge. If you are going to breakfast buffets some days, and don't plan on getting beer/wine, appetizers, or desserts in the lounge then it is probably not a good value.

Sometimes CL is included in discounts, but not always. Disney offers discounts to fill a percentage of the rooms that are not selling. Once they reach a quota, that's it. The remaining rooms are full price.

At WDW, once you are on property- you are kind of in the bubble. There aren't any easy non-WDW places that you can walk to for non-WDW food. It's not practical time-wise. WDW has come up with all sorts of tricks to keep guests on WDW property.

Orlando has tons of restaurants, 24hour drug stores, Walmart, Target, Publix grocery stores...There's even a very nice Whole Foods. But if you are in the park, it's not worth losing 2+ hours to go to any of them.

When we have a car, we sometimes do a grocery store run on the way from the airport. (or eat offsite) The WDW hotels have a tiny dorm size fridge that's not very cold. I do it once, on the drive from the airport. We also eat offsite when we are staying offsite, and want to see the rest or Orlando (like US) If however, you are just going to WDW, you don't need a car; you can use the free transportation provided by Disney.

There's also a food court at each WDW resort, and a little gift shop with some convenience items (think convenience store pricing).

In addition to allears, another helpful website is mousesavers. I disagree slightly with her take on CL, (and her review is rather old) but nearly everything else on her site is great. She explains many things in great detail.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #1436
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
We just stayed at YC CL. I was actually looking for info on BW CL. Maybe my post was confusing.
Oh sorry.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

Old 05-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #1437
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Mickeyluv'r...Do you know if BWI lounge has a fridge now? And do they keep the lounge doors open all night? When we stayed at BC last year it was nice to come in after the parks late and be able to grab a drink or hot beverage.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #1438
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh sorry.
No problem. It looks like you are also looking for some BWI CL info. Hopefully we will both get some answers.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #1439
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi everyone!

We are so excited to be staying at BC CL this October. This is our 2nd time ever coming to WDW but first time staying on property.

I was wondering if my kids are okay to go into the club lounge without an adult to get a snack? Like for example if we are at the pool, could we have them run up there by themselves?

Are there any other Club level tips you would offer a newbie? (or where I could find them?)

Thanks for your time!!
Your kiddos are almost the same age as mine are! In fact, when we go they will all be within 2 months of their next birthdays!

I would allow my 13 & 10 year old to go to the lounge alone if we were in our room, together if we were in another part of the resort such as SAB. The 6 year old could go with them either time, but never alone. In "theory" I am OK with the 13 year old going up to the lounge alone from another part of the resort but would like to get her used to going places unfamiliar/big/public with a buddy. Those two may be our official FP runners for our trip hahahha Hope that makes sense.

Don't have any real tips for you...sorry. We love CL with our family size and kiddos ages.

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 05-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #1440
ixmnrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ofinn...There's a live report starting tomorrow,5/25, on the live reports thread at the top of the resorts page. It's the Murphy's and they are going to YC and staying CL. They will probably talk about the CL and have pics.
It's a great live report; they ran into some problems when a room on the Concierge Level (5th Floor) wasn't available! I didn't think that was possible.
August 2007: DCL Land (POLY)/Sea(DWonder)
August 2008: Off Site Nickelodeon Hotel
March Break 2009: Contemporary Tower
March Break 2010: YC CL
August 2013 : Polynesian CL
Aug 2014: Finally decided on CR AC TPV

ME(Still Young at Heart) DW (Likewise); DS(15); DD(13)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: