Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #1411
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
You can check in, get food, and get your KTTW card- but it is likely your room will not be ready. If you let the resort know your expected arrival time, then you've got about a 30% chance of getting a room that's already ready - I'd say (from general experience checking in early). Breakfast is out until about 10:30am.

Even if your room is not ready, you can drop off your bags. Bell services will keep them in a secure area for you, that will be temp controlled (read in AC, not sitting out in the heat). (they can even put stuff in a fridge if you need.)once you are in your room, you just call and they will bring your bags to your room (tipping is generally appreciated for this service).

To answer your earlier question about room size:

standard rooms at WL: 350 sq feet
standard rooms at CR: 436 sq feet (including 12th floor club)
standard rooms at BWI: 435 sq feet

(In this case "standard" just means not deluxe size and not a suite. It has nothing to do with the view, or club level. Generally all club level rooms are the same size as any other room.)

Of the three resorts, BWI feels the biggest. The layout at CR is not the best. The closets are odd, and there's no counter space in the bathroom. The layout at WL is much better; more in line with BWI layout. So even though it's a bit smaller, there's plenty of room to put everything. I did notice it was not quite as big, but still had plenty of space.

To give you a few more points of reference- rooms at CBR are 340 sq feet, AKL rooms are 344 sq feet, and vlue resort rooms are 260 sq feet.
This was very helpful thanks. We are going to try WL. I hope the room size doesn't become a deal breaker.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #1412
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

You are welcome.

WL is a beautiful resort. I have stayed there, just not on CL. I just discovered CL a few years ago.

A few things that are really nice about WL:
You feel like you are miles from an amusement park. I enjoy the monorail resorts, but always being in earshot of MK is both a positive and a negative. It's nice to be some place a little quieter....Yet WL is also still quite close to MK.

WL also has an amazing pool.

WL's quick serve has good food quality. The decor's not much, but the food makes up for it. Bonus, it's very easy to take food outside.

Ah, that's another plus of WL, the whole resort is relatively compact- as Disney resorts go. It's especially nice when the weather is less-than-ideal. No matter where you are- it's a short walk to get indoors. That's a considerable plus! Most Disney resorts require long outdoor treks to get food, a bus, anything. Being compact sets WL and AKL apart, IMO.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #1413
Ellielovesdisney
Mouseketeer

F&w

Hi guys...Does anyone know if the IPO can get party for the senses tickets? I've had trouble in the past, but am staying club level this visit. Any experience with this?

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #1414
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielovesdisney
Hi guys...Does anyone know if the IPO can get party for the senses tickets? I've had trouble in the past, but am staying club level this visit. Any experience with this?

Thanks!
The IPO has helped me with this in the past. This is a good question to call or email them about.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #1415
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran

We are doing our first CL stay at AKL this August. Is there anything as far as room location that I should request? Also, when staying CL should I do online check in?
TIA
Old 05-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #1416
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Is it okay or acceptable to bring other food into the lounge? I'm thinking I might want to enjoy my tonga toast with a view

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #1417
LorieDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
Is it okay or acceptable to bring other food into the lounge? I'm thinking I might want to enjoy my tonga toast with a view
It is perfectly fine to bring food into the lounge from Captain Cooks.

Loving our new home at BLT!

Old 05-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #1418
blairbear
Mouseketeer

I am super excited! DH and I are staying CL for the first time at YC in August to celebrate out 10th wedding anniversary.

I wanted to request a king room if possible, how long before our trip should I contact the IPO?

~2009 - All Star Music
~2010 - All Star Sports/Dolphin
~2012 - POP
~2013 - Yacht Club CL

2013 Pre-Trip Report
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #1419
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Its been a few years since we stayed at the BW. How does BW CL compare to YC club level as far as offerings go. We recently stayed at the YC CL and I wasn't that impressed with the lounge or the offerings. The resort itself is great. We have stayed CL at Poly and WL and loved them so that is what I have to compare too.

Anybody with recent experience at YC and BWI?

Old 05-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #1420
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Ofinn...There's a live report starting tomorrow,5/25, on the live reports thread at the top of the resorts page. It's the Murphy's and they are going to YC and staying CL. They will probably talk about the CL and have pics.

Have a great trip.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 05-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #1421
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairbear View Post
I am super excited! DH and I are staying CL for the first time at YC in August to celebrate out 10th wedding anniversary.

I wanted to request a king room if possible, how long before our trip should I contact the IPO?
Your room request should be in your resort reservation. You can call CRO to confirm they are in your ressie or to add your requests.

Contact IPO BEFORE your 180 +10 mark so they can make your ADRs. You can also double check they have your room request.

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 05-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #1422
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

We are so excited to be staying at BC CL this October. This is our 2nd time ever coming to WDW but first time staying on property.

I was wondering if my kids are okay to go into the club lounge without an adult to get a snack? Like for example if we are at the pool, could we have them run up there by themselves?

Are there any other Club level tips you would offer a newbie? (or where I could find them?)

Thanks for your time!!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #1423
dreamcatcherkwe
Mouseketeer

I would be fine sending the kids up to get a snack on their own at your kids' ages, though maybe not the 7-year-old by herself.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #1424
avery619
Mouseketeer

Hello, I posted this same question on the Contemporary board. I can use all the help I can get. I may book a Theme Park View Atrium Club Level Room for the Fall. If I do, what requests if any should I make regarding location, etc. Any advice be great. Thanks!

Avery

2006 - ASMU, 2008 - BC, 2010 - BC, 2012 - YC, 6/13 - DL - PPH, 8/13 - CR-CL, 6/14 - YC, 8/15 - VWL
Old 05-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #1425
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
Its been a few years since we stayed at the BW. How does BW CL compare to YC club level as far as offerings go. We recently stayed at the YC CL and I wasn't that impressed with the lounge or the offerings. The resort itself is great. We have stayed CL at Poly and WL and loved them so that is what I have to compare too.

Anybody with recent experience at YC and BWI?
I have tried both within the last year. One area I think BC excels is that they have a very nice staff. I think BC has the best staff of all the CL.

I hate to say, for your sake, but otherwise I thing BC and YC are pretty comparable. Then again, I think they are ALL comparable - in terms of food. They have slightly different pastry varieties, fruit (primarily melon, whole apples, bananas, whole Sunkist-type oranges), yogurt (Yoplait Light? The only CL that offered a different yogurt was GF has plain). In the afternoon - they all have similar cheese offerings: cheddar, brie-type, maybe blue-type, boursin, and Swiss. They all have cold veggies: Broccoli, carrots, celery. Again GF was almost the only one to add a few extras: asparagus. AKL had a few 'African' things, in addition to oatmeal, they have quinoa piloff in the morning, a tropical fruit punch, and squash soup. All have a selection of juices: cranberry, lemonade, ice tea (I know not a juice), orange. GF has sliced ham or turkey in the am (but not in the afternoon), many have make-your-own PBJ (white bread alongside a little cup of PB/jelly).

They differ slightly in the beer/wine selection, and hot appetizers. Even there, hot appetizers are mostly dumplings: egg rolls, meat dumplings, maybe meat skewers, mini-pizza, meatballs, might be pulled meat on some kind of starch. Often there is a dipping sauce.

Once a week, each resort offers something like shrimp/lobster salad (BC), or basic sushi: tuna or California roll.

Most offer dips: ranch, hummus, sun dried tomato pesto.

Most offer some kind of 'salad': not iceberg/dressing type salad, but more tomato/basil/mozerella or cheese/artichoke hearts/vinegar dressing/olives. YC had a platter of assorted olives. BWI had the best salads like this (to go with Kouzzina's theme).

CR now has a tiny sample of something each day: tuna sashimi, beef/beets, seafood in micro-puff pastry.

BC had a nice assortment of rolls/crackers. All have some kind of rolls or crackers. Poly has something to go with Poly theme- meat skewers come to mind with maybe a pineapple dipping sauce?

In the afternoon, they all have something like: goldfish, house made potato chips, in-house baked cookies, gummy bears, trail mix, nuts.

I think they all now have a cooler of sodas available more or less 24 hours. They all have milk in the am, and coffee/tea/hot chocolate 7am - 10pm.

The whole fruit is usually left out overnight, but not much else. YC had the snacks jars out late at night.

Desserts are assorted across the resorts, but again they mostly all strike me as pretty similar: tarts, some kind of mousse-like dessert, cupcakes/mini cake, maybe rice krispie treats, maybe cookies, apples with caramel sauce.(sometimes the apples slices are also out in the afternoon).

The only one I haven't tried is WL. I think our Poly stay was in 2010, so they have all changed slightly since then. I will add, I was just at WDW in April. I would say almost everywhere we ate property-wide we noticed small improvements in the food quality, including CL.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: