Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #1396
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
turningleaf you also asked about the room view/noise. We booked a standard room but got a courtyard view overlooking the pool. We checked in late, around 10pm & when I went out on the balcony there went the EWP. Ahhhhhhhhhh.......

We heard no noise at all from the pool area, however we were fairly far from the lounge. We were near the end of the hallway. The balconies in this area have the high walls, you have to be standing to look out over & see anything.
TaraPA, would you recommend I request a room closer to the lounge? Or is the walk ok? BWI has very long hallways and we got used to that I guess.

It's my understanding that all the CL rooms have high balcony walls. What do you suggest I request for room view? If I request the view you had that would be a courtyard and bay lake view? Could I request a room with that view and yet be closer to the lounge?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #1397
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

Wl cl

Thank you all for your recommendations, I changed our resort this morning to WL CL! Looking forward to trying it out!

Hope the 5-7pm food offerings are good - we want to try Artists Point but I've been reading not so great reviews. Hopefully we won't be as hungry having come from the Lounge beforehand lol.

When we stayed at SL we had a reservation at Citricos. We ended up splitting an appetizer, entree and dessert, and this worked wonderfully for us.

Last edited by turningleaf; 05-20-2013 at 11:26 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #1398
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Ok, I have another question (x-posted to the AKL thread).

We'll be at AKL CL for a few nights this summer and were thinking about requesting a bunk bed room. Does anyone know where these are in the resort, or have any info on them?

TIA!

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Up next: CCI/GCH, August 2014

Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #1399
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Thanks so much TaraPA! We'll try to check out that card room at VWL.

I'm glad to hear lots of seating in the club level and TV's too! As long as the food is comparable to BWI we'll be ok (SL has more food variety but we're not expecting that), but seating for me is the most stressful part of staying Club Level.

Yes I admit I'm worried about the room size, but I think for our short stay, it will be ok AS LONG AS we can use the seating area for the lounge as additional space to chill out and maybe eat our QS.

I just wanted to say we really like BWI CL, and would love to hear what you think. It was the first CL we ever tried. My mom especially likes the bright CL room there. It can get a tad busy at breakfast time, but we've never had problems being seated and the rush is quickly over and rest of the day is very pleasant. Every time we plan to book BC, we have always ended up booking BWI. For this reason we've never tried SAB!
We are the opposite, always staying at BC CL (after trying WL and AKL CL's). We are doing a short 2 night at BWI CL in June finally since some friends are staying there, so I'm excited to see the comparison.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 05-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #1400
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

CL check in

I have a quick question about check in. If I'm the primary guest, can I arrive earlier than DH and check in? He's in a conference until noon. I can actually go over at 10 or so with the luggage, but will I be able to check us all in and get our keys? It would save us time so we can get settled and hit the park once DH arrives.

Can I get DH a Discover FL ticket at the Concierge or shall we have to go to the park for that?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #1401
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a quick question about check in. If I'm the primary guest, can I arrive earlier than DH and check in? He's in a conference until noon. I can actually go over at 10 or so with the luggage, but will I be able to check us all in and get our keys? It would save us time so we can get settled and hit the park once DH arrives.

Can I get DH a Discover FL ticket at the Concierge or shall we have to go to the park for that?
You can check in, get food, and get your KTTW card- but it is likely your room will not be ready. If you let the resort know your expected arrival time, then you've got about a 30% chance of getting a room that's already ready - I'd say (from general experience checking in early). Breakfast is out until about 10:30am.

Even if your room is not ready, you can drop off your bags. Bell services will keep them in a secure area for you, that will be temp controlled (read in AC, not sitting out in the heat). (they can even put stuff in a fridge if you need.)once you are in your room, you just call and they will bring your bags to your room (tipping is generally appreciated for this service).

To answer your earlier question about room size:

standard rooms at WL: 350 sq feet
standard rooms at CR: 436 sq feet (including 12th floor club)
standard rooms at BWI: 435 sq feet

(In this case "standard" just means not deluxe size and not a suite. It has nothing to do with the view, or club level. Generally all club level rooms are the same size as any other room.)

Of the three resorts, BWI feels the biggest. The layout at CR is not the best. The closets are odd, and there's no counter space in the bathroom. The layout at WL is much better; more in line with BWI layout. So even though it's a bit smaller, there's plenty of room to put everything. I did notice it was not quite as big, but still had plenty of space.

To give you a few more points of reference- rooms at CBR are 340 sq feet, AKL rooms are 344 sq feet, and vlue resort rooms are 260 sq feet.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #1402
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, ranking 2nd to RPC seems like a great recommendation. I've never stayed at RPC but I was able to spend an afternoon in that lounge once and it was awesome.
It's only my opinion and I'm sure some would disagree with me, but I do think WL CL ranks up there with GF RPC . I think the lounges are great as they both overlook the lobby, the food offerings are great at both, and both have awesome CMs .

Quote:
Thank you all for your recommendations, I changed our resort this morning to WL CL! Looking forward to trying it out!

Hope the 5-7pm food offerings are good - we want to try Artists Point but I've been reading not so great reviews. Hopefully we won't be as hungry having come from the Lounge beforehand lol.
Yay for trying WL CL ......you're going to love it .

I hope you like Artist Point. We tried it in December 2010 and love it......the filet and salmon were awesome .

Quote:
Yes, you can. Any adult on the reservation can check in, even if he/she is not the lead guest .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 05-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #1403
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
TaraPA, would you recommend I request a room closer to the lounge? Or is the walk ok? BWI has very long hallways and we got used to that I guess.

It's my understanding that all the CL rooms have high balcony walls. What do you suggest I request for room view? If I request the view you had that would be a courtyard and bay lake view? Could I request a room with that view and yet be closer to the lounge?
The way WL is set up on CL floor there aren't any rooms very far away - not like the notorious BWI or BCV walks! Next time I would probably request to be close to the lounge, it just works better for us with the kids going back & forth for snacks & drinks.

We didn't go out on the balcony at all because of the high wall, so I doubt we'd pay for anything other than standard at WL. What we had was a courtyard view - it was very nice, but I like to relax & sit on a balcony, not stand up & stretch my head up to see out over!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #1404
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

In that case the only request I should make is "close to lounge"!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #1405
TaraPA

Quote:
In that case the only request I should make is "close to lounge"!
For my family hat would be my request. We spent no time on that balcony & I don't see that we ever really would (other than to get away from each other in the tiny room LOL!)

If you're close to the lounge you can use the lounge as an extension of space from your room. The area across from the lounge (opposite side from tables & chairs) with the sofas & TVs was always completely empty.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]

Last edited by TaraPA; 05-21-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #1406
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoBeans View Post
The Club Level staff were fantastic and went above and beyond for us on several occasions. Our faves were Hans and Sam! I can't recall all the beers they had but there were about 5 kinds and included Tusker and Yeungling for certain. Maybe Bud Light and Heineken too? I didn't pay attention to the wines since we don't really drink it but people were enjoying it.

There were only about 3 dessert offerings a night, and two hot appetizer offerings, and there were quite a few "repeats" during our five nights. When we stayed at WL there were always far more offerings at each service, nd I didn't see any repeats in evening offerings. I was very surprised at the "slim pickings" at AKL CL. The only service that had quite a few options was at the breakfast service (though the offerings were identical every day).

We had a great time and appreciated the great service but food/snack-wise, I thought the variety and quantity of offerings at WL was far superior to AKL. I prefer AKL as a resort, but if you're doing CL for the snack offerings, you may be a bit disappointed at the lack of variety. /quote

Thanks for the review. We will be there this summer and was hoping for more offerings. We do have 2 dinners at Jiko booked, but am interested in trying things in CL that we usually don't order. Did they at least replenish often?

Do you remember if the wines are African wines? I hope so. We thought the wine in BC CL and Atrium at CR were swill. Do they serve the mimosas all day?
They have a fake door to the kitchen area right behind the service area, so they often would just slide it open, pull back the empty (or almost empty) platter and put back out a full one. So yes, frequently replenished, especially for the appetizers. Breakfast sometimes they would run out of the crack-filled mini chocolate chip muffins or the chocolate croissants that my wife loved. The oatmeal with fresh granola and brown sugar toppings was also a winner, and that never ran out.

Yes the wines were South African, I only tried the Chardonnay and my simple palate thought it was very good. The three nights we ate there I always went back for a second glass. I'm fairly certain you can get the mimosas any time of day they're open, but you'll always have to ask a server for it, they aren't out in the open at all.

Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #1407
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Contacting IPO

We are at 193 days and counting.

From what I have read in this thread I should reach out to the IPO this week to get a form they have for reservations? This is our first CL stay, and I don't want to be annoying but also don't want to miss the 180 day reservation opportunity.

Also, we are doing a split stay, Poly CL and BC CL. Do I give the Poly all my reservations or do I need to give them separately?

TIA!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 05-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #1408
TaraPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Breakfast sometimes they would run out of the crack-filled mini chocolate chip muffins or the chocolate croissants that my wife loved.

[/SIZE]
Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #1409
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
We are at 193 days and counting.

From what I have read in this thread I should reach out to the IPO this week to get a form they have for reservations? This is our first CL stay, and I don't want to be annoying but also don't want to miss the 180 day reservation opportunity.

Also, we are doing a split stay, Poly CL and BC CL. Do I give the Poly all my reservations or do I need to give them separately?

TIA!
There is no advantage to waiting. At the time we book a CL stay, I send an email to the IPO. I include our last name and reservation number in the subject line. You are getting close to your booking date, I'd do this soon.
You will probably get different advice about the split. I haven't found it to be consistent, sometimes one will do all, sometimes they seem to prefer not to. For our upcoming stay, I ended up booking the first half of our dining reservations with the Contemporary, and the last with Yacht Club.
This is a question you might want to call and ask.
Happy planning!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #1410
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

There is no advantage to waiting. At the time we book a CL stay, I send an email to the IPO. I include our last name and reservation number in the subject line. You are getting close to your booking date, I'd do this soon.
You will probably get different advice about the split. I haven't found it to be consistent, sometimes one will do all, sometimes they seem to prefer not to. For our upcoming stay, I ended up booking the first half of our dining reservations with the Contemporary, and the last with Yacht Club.
This is a question you might want to call and ask.
Happy planning!
Thank you so much! I will call in the morning.

me miss J my little princess (2)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: