Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #1381
turningleaf
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 168

Hi, any recent reviews of WL CL? Recent food offerings?

I also wanted to know how big the lounge is. We've stayed at BWI CL and GF SL. SL had more tables. BWI sometimes ran out of space. SL also had a TV for the little ones. How will WL compare?

Can you sit at the tables even if the lounge is closed?

Also, what kind of view should I request at WL CL? If I ask for courtyard view, will the pool noise be bothersome? Will I be close to the lounge?

Also, not CL related but how much smaller are the rooms than CR or BWI. Trying to get a feel for the room size.

I'm assuming there's no major construction ongoing now?
turningleaf is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #1382
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,778

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Hi, any recent reviews of WL CL? Recent food offerings?

I also wanted to know how big the lounge is. We've stayed at BWI CL and GF SL. SL had more tables. BWI sometimes ran out of space. SL also had a TV for the little ones. How will WL compare?

Can you sit at the tables even if the lounge is closed?

Also, what kind of view should I request at WL CL? If I ask for courtyard view, will the pool noise be bothersome? Will I be close to the lounge?

Also, not CL related but how much smaller are the rooms than CR or BWI. Trying to get a feel for the room size.

I'm assuming there's no major construction ongoing now?
I can't give a recent review of WL CL offerings as our CL stay there was quite some time ago, but I can comment on the lounge. WL CL doesn't really have a "lounge" like those of the other deluxe resorts that are a separate room for serving and seating. The seating is arranged along the U shaped railing that overlooks the lobby (which I just love). Since the serving area is separate from the seating, the tables and chairs are accessible all times of day and night, regardless of whether or not food is being served. When we stayed WL CL, the food was set up on tables overlooking the main pool, rather than in its own area. That has since been redone, with the food now being in a separate room that is closed when nothing is being served. I haven't stayed BWI CL, but have stayed GF SL and I did not like SL at all. I thought the lounge was too crowded with not enough seating to accommodate all of the people that stay there (but this is just my opinion).

As far as room size, we have not stayed at BWI or CR, but have stayed at BC (where rooms are comparable in size to BWI) and Poly & GF (comparable to CR room size). I saw a significant difference between the monorail resort rooms and WL rooms, with the WL rooms being significantly smaller. Comparing WL to BC, I found a slight difference in room size, with the WL being just a little smaller than BC. With that said, IMO, the Epcot resorts fall in between the WL and monorail resorts in regard to size.
__________________
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011

Last edited by mickeynut1; 05-19-2013 at 08:50 AM.
mickeynut1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #1383
turningleaf
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 168

Thanks mickeynut1. I think I like that arrangement actually, it's like having your own private lobby overlooking the main lobby below. Would you say it would kinda make up for the less room space? DD and I could use it to hang out and play card games for example?

It's been a while (last summer) since we went to WDW. We burned ourselves out the year before by going 4 times (it was great but too expensive)! It's nice to come back to the boards and find the same folks, it's like finding old friends.

It's only a 2 night stay this week but I booked CR Garden Wing, and now being tempted by WL CL as it's practically the same price. If we book we will be first timers at WL (although we've eaten there before). But I've read the posts since January of this year and found just a handful mentions of WL CL.

I suppose the advantage would only be the breakfast offerings and pre-dinner snacks. So in effect trading room space for the CL food... We don't have any ADR's to make really. We typically decide to go the week before.

I take it from you comments about SL that there's enough tables for everyone without a wait at WL?

I have questions about the pool which I will post in the WL thread. Thanks!
turningleaf is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #1384
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,778

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Thanks mickeynut1. I think I like that arrangement actually, it's like having your own private lobby overlooking the main lobby below. Would you say it would kinda make up for the less room space? DD and I could use it to hang out and play card games for example?

It's been a while (last summer) since we went to WDW. We burned ourselves out the year before by going 4 times (it was great but too expensive)! It's nice to come back to the boards and find the same folks, it's like finding old friends.

It's only a 2 night stay this week but I booked CR Garden Wing, and now being tempted by WL CL as it's practically the same price. If we book we will be first timers at WL (although we've eaten there before). But I've read the posts since January of this year and found just a handful mentions of WL CL.

I suppose the advantage would only be the breakfast offerings and pre-dinner snacks. So in effect trading room space for the CL food... We don't have any ADR's to make really. We typically decide to go the week before.

I take it from you comments about SL that there's enough tables for everyone without a wait at WL?

I have questions about the pool which I will post in the WL thread. Thanks!
You're welcome .

The seating arrangement is one (of the many) things I love about WL CL. I think it's relaxing to sit and watch all of the goings on and hustle and bustle of the lobby down below. I think there is plenty of seating for the CL guests. It's been awhile since our stay (9 years), but I don't remember having any trouble finding a place to sit for the 4 of us. WL CL is amazing and IMO, it is worth it over more room space (at least to try 1 time). I have read nothing but great reviews recently about WL CL, so hopefully someone will be able to give more information on recent food offerings. I remember the CL staff being amazing during our stay. They were always available and ready/willing to help with anything we might have needed. We had such a memorable stay that I remember it like it was yesterday that we were there. If it were me, I'd definitely go with WL CL over CR if it's the same price. We love the WL and even though it is hard to go to a smaller room after experiencing the Poly and GF (especially with having 2 older teens), we wouldn't hesitate to stay WL CL again. That was our first CL stay and after trying GF RPC and SL, WL CL ranks right up there with RPC for me. RPC is my favorite, but WL CL runs a very close second as far as atmosphere, food offerings, and CMs .
__________________
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #1385
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,074

turnnigleaf - we just did a WL CL stay in March. I wasn't sure I would like the non-private feel of not having the seating IN the lounge, but it worked out great. There is TONS of seating, it's the entire floor, which overlooks the lobby. On the opposite side of the lounge there are also sofas with 2 TVs (I think 2) for relaxing.

You mentioned playing cards - if you have a chance go over to the VWL. It is the most relaxing area I've ever been in at WDW! As you enter the lobby turn right - there are several rooms & nooks with relaxing seating, a game table for checkers, and a cozy fireplace. We spent almost an hour over there just relaxing & playing games.

The food in the WL lounge was better than at BC CL. We had venison chili, chicken wings, salads, cheese, etc. in the evening. Breakfast was the standard CL fare of pastries, bagels, oatmeal, cereals, etc. It was all delicious & plentiful. The attendants were super nice & the lounge was always clean. I got to meet Randy, the famous CL manager, he was sooooo nice.

The room - that was the only downside to the WL stay. We value space, and the room was small. We had a bunk room so it should have felt even a little bigger than a room with 2 queens, but it was tight. It was definitely smaller than Poly, and felt smaller than any other standard room we've had, including values & mods. I had wanted to book the Deluxe Room at WL but they are never discounted, and it was just too much $. We all agreed next time we'd splurge on the Deluxe room or stay at VWL. Or leave dad at home since he was grouchy in the small room LOL!!

Overall we LOVED WL and can't wait to return. Our next trip is to BWI CL so we'll have that to compare to WL & BC CL.
__________________




Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #1386
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You're welcome .

The seating arrangement is one (of the many) things I love about WL CL. I think it's relaxing to sit and watch all of the goings on and hustle and bustle of the lobby down below. I think there is plenty of seating for the CL guests. It's been awhile since our stay (9 years), but I don't remember having any trouble finding a place to sit for the 4 of us. WL CL is amazing and IMO, it is worth it over more room space (at least to try 1 time). I have read nothing but great reviews recently about WL CL, so hopefully someone will be able to give more information on recent food offerings. I remember the CL staff being amazing during our stay. They were always available and ready/willing to help with anything we might have needed. We had such a memorable stay that I remember it like it was yesterday that we were there. If it were me, I'd definitely go with WL CL over CR if it's the same price. We love the WL and even though it is hard to go to a smaller room after experiencing the Poly and GF (especially with having 2 older teens), we wouldn't hesitate to stay WL CL again. That was our first CL stay and after trying GF RPC and SL, WL CL ranks right up there with RPC for me. RPC is my favorite, but WL CL runs a very close second as far as atmosphere, food offerings, and CMs .
Yes to all!! There is lots of tables for 2. DH and I watched EWP with wine and cobbler, it WAS AWESOME In the mornings it wasn't crazy like YC and SL.
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #1387
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,074

turningleaf you also asked about the room view/noise. We booked a standard room but got a courtyard view overlooking the pool. We checked in late, around 10pm & when I went out on the balcony there went the EWP. Ahhhhhhhhhh.......

We heard no noise at all from the pool area, however we were fairly far from the lounge. We were near the end of the hallway. The balconies in this area have the high walls, you have to be standing to look out over & see anything.
__________________




Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #1388
GoGoBeans
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 95

The Club Level staff were fantastic and went above and beyond for us on several occasions. Our faves were Hans and Sam! I can't recall all the beers they had but there were about 5 kinds and included Tusker and Yeungling for certain. Maybe Bud Light and Heineken too? I didn't pay attention to the wines since we don't really drink it but people were enjoying it.

There were only about 3 dessert offerings a night, and two hot appetizer offerings, and there were quite a few "repeats" during our five nights. When we stayed at WL there were always far more offerings at each service, nd I didn't see any repeats in evening offerings. I was very surprised at the "slim pickings" at AKL CL. The only service that had quite a few options was at the breakfast service (though the offerings were identical every day).

We had a great time and appreciated the great service but food/snack-wise, I thought the variety and quantity of offerings at WL was far superior to AKL. I prefer AKL as a resort, but if you're doing CL for the snack offerings, you may be a bit disappointed at the lack of variety.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the review. We will be there this summer and was hoping for more offerings. We do have 2 dinners at Jiko booked, but am interested in trying things in CL that we usually don't order. Did they at least replenish often?

Do you remember if the wines are African wines? I hope so. We thought the wine in BC CL and Atrium at CR were swill. Do they serve the mimosas all day?
__________________
Poly - 1/06
AKL - 1/08, 1/09, 10/09, 8/12, 8/13
CR - 10/10
BC - 10/11
YC summer 2014
GoGoBeans is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #1389
mirage0306
DIS Veteran
 
mirage0306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 1,097

Hi all,

We *just* decided to go this summer and are doing a split stay at POP and AKL CL. Since we just booked, we haven't heard anything from the IPO. We really, really would like to try to book the Sunrise Safari and only have one day we could do it. Do you guys think there's still a chance we will be able to get on? Oh! And how long would you give the IPO to contact us before I shoot them an email?

Thanks!!
__________________
Me, DH, DS (10) and DS (7)

Wilderness Lodge: June 2011
Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge: June 2012
Poly CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL: July 2013
Candy Cane Inn (DLR): December 2013


This trip report is useless without pictures: A July 2013 Poly CL/AKL CL adventure <---- READ ME! IT'LL BE FUN!
my first trip report bit the dust
mirage0306 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #1390
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the polar vortex
Posts: 2,704

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306
Hi all,

We *just* decided to go this summer and are doing a split stay at POP and AKL CL. Since we just booked, we haven't heard anything from the IPO. We really, really would like to try to book the Sunrise Safari and only have one day we could do it. Do you guys think there's still a chance we will be able to get on? Oh! And how long would you give the IPO to contact us before I shoot them an email?

Thanks!!
If you want to book the safari call them. They can check for availability for you. About contacting the IPO, I always send them an email when we book. I include our last name and resv # in the subject line.
__________________
GinnyCertified resort changer. Trip planning is half the fun!
TY Kook!
gwynne is online now  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #1391
mirage0306
DIS Veteran
 
mirage0306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 1,097

awesome--i'll email them today. thanks!

are they available for calls on the weekend, or is it only weekdays?
__________________
Me, DH, DS (10) and DS (7)

Wilderness Lodge: June 2011
Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge: June 2012
Poly CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL: July 2013
Candy Cane Inn (DLR): December 2013


This trip report is useless without pictures: A July 2013 Poly CL/AKL CL adventure <---- READ ME! IT'LL BE FUN!
my first trip report bit the dust
mirage0306 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #1392
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the polar vortex
Posts: 2,704

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306
awesome--i'll email them today. thanks!

are they available for calls on the weekend, or is it only weekdays?
You can call on weekends. Happy planning!
__________________
GinnyCertified resort changer. Trip planning is half the fun!
TY Kook!
gwynne is online now  
Old 05-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #1393
mirage0306
DIS Veteran
 
mirage0306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 1,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
You can call on weekends. Happy planning!
I just called and was able to book it. Thank you!!
__________________
Me, DH, DS (10) and DS (7)

Wilderness Lodge: June 2011
Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge: June 2012
Poly CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL: July 2013
Candy Cane Inn (DLR): December 2013


This trip report is useless without pictures: A July 2013 Poly CL/AKL CL adventure <---- READ ME! IT'LL BE FUN!
my first trip report bit the dust
mirage0306 is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #1394
turningleaf
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You're welcome .

That was our first CL stay and after trying GF RPC and SL, WL CL ranks right up there with RPC for me. RPC is my favorite, but WL CL runs a very close second as far as atmosphere, food offerings, and CMs .
Wow, ranking 2nd to RPC seems like a great recommendation. I've never stayed at RPC but I was able to spend an afternoon in that lounge once and it was awesome.
turningleaf is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #1395
turningleaf
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 168

Thanks so much TaraPA! We'll try to check out that card room at VWL.

I'm glad to hear lots of seating in the club level and TV's too! As long as the food is comparable to BWI we'll be ok (SL has more food variety but we're not expecting that), but seating for me is the most stressful part of staying Club Level.

Yes I admit I'm worried about the room size, but I think for our short stay, it will be ok AS LONG AS we can use the seating area for the lounge as additional space to chill out and maybe eat our QS.

I just wanted to say we really like BWI CL, and would love to hear what you think. It was the first CL we ever tried. My mom especially likes the bright CL room there. It can get a tad busy at breakfast time, but we've never had problems being seated and the rush is quickly over and rest of the day is very pleasant. Every time we plan to book BC, we have always ended up booking BWI. For this reason we've never tried SAB!
turningleaf is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: