Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #1351
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

TaraPA- We have stayed on both floors. If you don't mind taking the stairs up to the lounge, then I would stick with the larger balcony on the 3rd floor. We have been lucky enough to have a larger balcony on the 4th floor at times overlooking the BWI. Like you said, it will be hot.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #1352
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

TaraPA, I, too, have stayed on both floors. I do enjoy the large balcony, have done this only on our girls trips. When my husband and I go we stay on the 4th floor as there is plenty of room for the two of us. It is hot in August and not sure how much time you would want to sit out there, though in the late evening it may not be as bad. Whatever floor you choose you will have a fantastic time!!!
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #1353
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Tara PA- While I can't say I've stayed specifically in a deluxe room, I've had plenty of CL rooms, most with balconies. I suppose it depends where you think you will spend more time.

We spend far more time using the lounge than the balcony. The lounge is our extended family 'meet up place.' It is also nice if both your room and the lounge are on the key access only floor. At BWI - again I'm not familiar with exactly where all the deluxe rooms are located- but I know the cottages are long ways from the lounge. Ugh! While exercise is one of the things I love about WDW, excess walking down long corridors is not one of the highlights. I mostly use the balcony as a place to sip coffee or snack, but it's not worth a long hike.

Which bring me round to summer...the thing about FL summers is this: It gets hot and humid, but then it rains. Hard. Sometimes minutes, sometimes hours. Post-rain temps are MUCH better. After the sunset, temps are much better. They are great hours for park touring. Avoid the worst!!!!!- 2pm to 5:30pm....coincidentally, that's also thunderstorm o'clock, and appetizer hour! If it's not raining, 2-4pm is good pool time.

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 05-12-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #1354
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchamber99 View Post
Has anyone stayed Poly CL since the renovations? Any pictures? Any changes in the food offerings? I've seen some pictures of the rooms post renovations on Tikiman's website, but I haven't seen any of the Club lounge. Thanks!
wondering this too! thanks to anyone who shares!

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
Old 05-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #1355
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
I thought someone said that they did have mimosas?
i am sure they could make one. they have oj. one with their orange guava juice would be yummy!

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
Old 05-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #1356
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Would you do yacht club or beach club club level with dds 2&5
Old 05-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #1357
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
I think they are pretty much equal. Some people say BC is less "stuffy" than the YC, but its still Disney and the YC is extremely kid friendly. YC has guaranteed balconies and a better lounge layout. BC has Cape May and the kids club shared by the resorts (also the QS place at the resorts), but its not like those (except the QS) are super far from YC (and if u are staying CL, u probably won't need the QS place. BC is closer to EPCOT by walking and YC is closer to the boat dock. I personally like the YC slightly better because of the nicer lounge/balconies, but I would probably base this on which room decor you like better since they are so similar...
Old 05-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #1358
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose View Post

I think they are pretty much equal. Some people say BC is less "stuffy" than the YC, but its still Disney and the YC is extremely kid friendly. YC has guaranteed balconies and a better lounge layout. BC has Cape May and the kids club shared by the resorts (also the QS place at the resorts), but its not like those (except the QS) are super far from YC (and if u are staying CL, u probably won't need the QS place. BC is closer to EPCOT by walking and YC is closer to the boat dock. I personally like the YC slightly better because of the nicer lounge/balconies, but I would probably base this on which room decor you like better since they are so similar...
Thanks so much!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #1359
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree with the PP. I've stayed CL at both and felt that they were very similar. If a balcony is really important to you, though, stay at the YC (although I believe that the LV CL rooms at the BC all have balconies -- you can check with Teena on the BC/YC board for more info on that -- she helped me a while back). I personally prefer the YC since it's quieter over there IMO. But I'd be happy at either one (and if one has a discount and the other one doesn't I just go by the price).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #1360
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Waiting for my confirmation email for all my dining ressies. This is killing me! 180 days left!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #1361
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

So excited we just changed our reservation from YC Standard room to BC GV CL!! Leaving in 2 days. May 15-18. So here's my question. We will probably be gettin to the BC around 10:30 do u think the lounge will still have breakfast out or should we grab breakfast instead at the airport?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #1362
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So excited we just changed our reservation from YC Standard room to BC GV CL!! Leaving in 2 days. May 15-18. So here's my question. We will probably be gettin to the BC around 10:30 do u think the lounge will still have breakfast out or should we grab breakfast instead at the airport?
I think most CLs have breakfast food out until 10:30, so I'd recommend grabbing something at the airport.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 05-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #1363
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will probably be gettin to the BC around 10:30 do u think the lounge will still have breakfast out or should we grab breakfast instead at the airport?
If getting 'breakfast food' specifically is very important to you, then maybe grab it at the airport. Otherwise, I say wing it. If the lounge is not open when you arrive, it will re-open with cookies and such at 11:30. You probably can also get drinks and a bit of fruit upon arrival (orange, apple, banana). You could always ask the CM's if they'd be willing to grab a banana for you.

All that said....I find it always takes me longer that I expect to get from the airport to WDW. You don't say what time you plane lands, but I can say, often enough it's taken me a solid two hours past my scheduled plane landing to get to my WDW hotel.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #1364
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As others have said, they are very similar in many ways- like the shared pool. Disney effectively considers them one resort- as in they share a central kitchen (at least in terms of room service), mostly the same staff, and the main pool.

The differences/important points I see: YC is a bit quieter, room décor (BC is more floral, YC is less frilly), similar room layout, YC is more toward the Dolphin/HS, BC is slightly more towards Epcot. Rooms are the same price-unless you want a certain view that's not available. I find the staff at BC CL to be slightly more friendly, but both are excellent. Both have kids, but I would say BC is slightly more kid oriented, and YC is slightly more adult. I think it's that the theming of BC is a bit more whimsical.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #1365
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post

If getting 'breakfast food' specifically is very important to you, then maybe grab it at the airport. Otherwise, I say wing it. If the lounge is not open when you arrive, it will re-open with cookies and such at 11:30. You probably can also get drinks and a bit of fruit upon arrival (orange, apple, banana). You could always ask the CM's if they'd be willing to grab a banana for you.

All that said....I find it always takes me longer that I expect to get from the airport to WDW. You don't say what time you plane lands, but I can say, often enough it's taken me a solid two hours past my scheduled plane landing to get to my WDW hotel.
Thanks so much! Our plane lands at 8:45am. I don't care much about breakfast but I know my girls will be hungry. Do u know if there isn't food in the lounge will there still be bagels & fruit in the hotel marketplace?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: