Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #1306
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
MIMOSAS?!?! Do I just ask for one?! This is the first I'm hearing of this glorious option
Yes!!! It took me until the third day of our last trip to realize they existed. I kept thinking 'why is everyone drinking jungle juice out of champagne flutes?' Then I was talking to a lovely lady behind me in line at the buffet. NEW BEST FRIEND!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #1307
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

You are MY new best friend. Oh I cannot WAIT. As if I wasn't already over the moon about this trip. Thank you thank you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #1308
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
You are MY new best friend. Oh I cannot WAIT. As if I wasn't already over the moon about this trip. Thank you thank you!
When do you go? Have one for me please. I realized very sadly this afternoon that out October trip will be our last at AKL CL. We will out grow it after that . Wish they still had the deluxe rooms.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #1309
M1Thumb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Yes!!! It took me until the third day of our last trip to realize they existed. I kept thinking 'why is everyone drinking jungle juice out of champagne flutes?' Then I was talking to a lovely lady behind me in line at the buffet. NEW BEST FRIEND!
This is, perhaps, the best tip I've heard on this board.

Is it just the Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge lounge that offers them? Please don't tell me I could have been tipping them back at the Kamehameha Club for breakfasts when I was there.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:39 AM   #1310
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Thumb View Post
This is, perhaps, the best tip I've heard on this board.

Is it just the Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge lounge that offers them? Please don't tell me I could have been tipping them back at the Kamehameha Club for breakfasts when I was there.
WL, CR, YC/BC and BWI don't offer mimosas, but I think that GF (RPC/Sugar Loaf) does. I don't recall hearing about them at the KKC at Poly.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #1311
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
WL, CR, YC/BC and BWI don't offer mimosas, but I think that GF (RPC/Sugar Loaf) does. I don't recall hearing about them at the KKC at Poly.
Oh no! What am I going to do next year when we outgrow AKL?

Old 04-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #1312
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When do you go? Have one for me please. I realized very sadly this afternoon that out October trip will be our last at AKL CL. We will out grow it after that . Wish they still had the deluxe rooms.
Next month! I promise to report back
Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #1313
rea59
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quick question--other than the coveted AKL one bedroom CL rooms, what other resorts offer larger accommodations with CL access? We are going with my parents in Feb, and I will be paying for the accommodations. I prefer CL. Just trying to figure out our options.
WL offers deluxe club level rooms that are quite large. I'm not sure if all of the deluxe rooms are the same but the room we had last year was actually 2 rooms separated by French doors. The master had 2 queen beds and the sitting room had a pullout queen couch and 2 chairs. There was also a small dining table with 2 chairs. Both rooms had tvs. If you look on the WL information thread you could see some pictures that I posted from our stay last year.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #1314
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Thank you. Looks like this is an option at BWI also. Food for thought.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #1315
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thank you. Looks like this is an option at BWI also. Food for thought.
As rea59 said, there are Deluxe room photo links on the WL thread's first page and Deluxe room photos on the first page of the BWI thread also.

The BWI Deluxe rooms, unlike the WL rooms, do not have a door separating the sitting area from the main area. But, all BWI Deluxe rooms have a BW view and 5 of the 10 are on the CL floor. All 25 WL Deluxe rooms are on floors 1-6, with CL being on the 7th floor. The WL Deluxe rooms have two balconies with two door and the BWI Deluxe room has one balcony. The BWI DR is 644 SF and the WL DR is 500 SF, but has two separate rooms.

BWI also has Garden Cottages (they look like small homes). They measure almost 1000 SF and come with CL access. But, they only sleep up to 4+1 since they have a king and queen sleeper.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #1316
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the poly lounge has switched to joffery's coffee?
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Old 05-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #1317
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Does anyone know if the poly lounge has switched to joffery's coffee?
I happened to notice that it was a Nescafé machine yesterday
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #1318
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post

I happened to notice that it was a Nescafé machine yesterday
Thanks! Keeping fingers crossed that it will be switched over by July but Im not counting on it!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Old 05-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #1319
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
As rea59 said, there are Deluxe room photo links on the WL thread's first page and Deluxe room photos on the first page of the BWI thread also.

The BWI Deluxe rooms, unlike the WL rooms, do not have a door separating the sitting area from the main area. But, all BWI Deluxe rooms have a BW view and 5 of the 10 are on the CL floor. All 25 WL Deluxe rooms are on floors 1-6, with CL being on the 7th floor. The WL Deluxe rooms have two balconies with two door and the BWI Deluxe room has one balcony. The BWI DR is 644 SF and the WL DR is 500 SF, but has two separate rooms.

BWI also has Garden Cottages (they look like small homes). They measure almost 1000 SF and come with CL access. But, they only sleep up to 4+1 since they have a king and queen sleeper.
Kook, you know I have been stalking the WL thread . Love those pics. I keep telling myself that's where we will have to stay once the little one is 3....I may also have DH convinced that we can't stay in regular rooms then. I didn't realize there was not a door at BWI. I want the bigger room, and was really hoping to be in the Epcot area due to the race but now I'm not sure. I may (gasp) contact the Swolphin. They do offer nice discounts, and I presume they have club level rooms. I have until Feb to obsess over this.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #1320
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kook, you know I have been stalking the WL thread . Love those pics. I keep telling myself that's where we will have to stay once the little one is 3....I may also have DH convinced that we can't stay in regular rooms then. I didn't realize there was not a door at BWI. I want the bigger room, and was really hoping to be in the Epcot area due to the race but now I'm not sure. I may (gasp) contact the Swolphin. They do offer nice discounts, and I presume they have club level rooms. I have until Feb to obsess over this.
Actually, I'm almost positive the Swan & Dolphin do NOT have club level rooms. They apparently used to, but don't anymore. I would love it if someone told me I'm wrong, because that's the only reason we haven't stayed there (we REALLY enjoy the benefits of CL and find it hard to do without it).
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: