Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #1276
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post

That's a fantastic idea! I can't believe I never heard of anyone doing this or thought of this myself! Thanks for sharing!

That's great! They really are welcoming and accommodating at AKL CL. I've spoken with Michelle before and she is really nice. I hope it all works out for you! I think waking up in CL and being able to wander in to the lounge and use that amazing latte machine are the best!
I do love them. Not sure what we are going to do when we become a Disney 5 instead of a Disney 4+1.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #1277
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
I also wanted to add that I asked about any in room 'party' type things as I know some people have been given the 'call wdw florist line'. Michelle said I can either call the florist, or mail down a package and send an email giving them permission to open package and set up room. It's an extra step on my part but will work GREAT for us. Maybe this will work for someone else also.
It's refreshing to hear that AKL gave you that option. You're right, some IPOs are now directing guests toward Disney Florist.

Quote:
That's a fantastic idea! I can't believe I never heard of anyone doing this or thought of this myself! Thanks for sharing!
you're welcome

Quote:
I do love them. Not sure what we are going to do when we become a Disney 5 instead of a Disney 4+1.
Sounds like it will soon be time for a Deluxe CL room, though they don't have them at AKL, they do have the Jambo one bedroom CL suites. I assume they have the sleeper chair?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #1278
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI on the water bottles on CL....we are here at YC now and were heading down to SAB....the CM's stopped us and asked if we would like water to take with us. We said sure and were asked how many. We took 2 bottles, they were 20 ounce bottles. Hope that answers some questions on that situation!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #1279
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Sounds like it will soon be time for a Deluxe CL room, though they don't have them at AKL, they do have the Jambo one bedroom CL suites. I assume they have the sleeper chair?
I figure I can sell a child or try the deluxe room at WL.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #1280
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I figure I can sell a child or try the deluxe room at WL.
Why not both, depending on what mood they're in
Old 04-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #1281
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but do the CM's have a little more luck at getting ADR's for us, vs trying to make them ourselves?
I'm sure I will have no luck getting into BOG, really hoping Ohana will open up for us!
Thanks!

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
Old 04-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #1282
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess View Post
I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but do the CM's have a little more luck at getting ADR's for us, vs trying to make them ourselves?
I'm sure I will have no luck getting into BOG, really hoping Ohana will open up for us!
Thanks!
In my experience, not really, unless you give them your ADR requests before the 180-day booking period opens. Then they are amazing at getting what you want. If you are looking for 'Ohana (and you are past your booking date), I'd recommend checking online every evening for a cancellation. We booked a CL trip about a month in advance, and IPO couldn't find us a spot, but I was able to find several options by checking myself every day. We ended up with the 'Ohana ADR we wanted (much easier now that they are charging a fee if people don't cancel). Good luck!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #1283
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For CL guests with after-hours arrivals, you can email or call the IPO after booking and ask that beverages and/or snacks be left in your fridge for you to enjoy after checking-in. While I can't confirm that all CLs will do this, I know that it has been done for guests at WL who were arriving after lounge hours (after 10 PM).

Even though you'll be arriving very late, you'll be waking up in your CL room which is a fantastic way to start your vacation.
I never knew this......thanks for this information .

Quote:
Just off the phone. Added the night. Thanks for the push!

ETA-
I called and spoke to IPO and they were more than willing to put some snacks/drinks in the room. I spoke to Mchelle, and her exact words 'we want you to feel as welcome at midnight as you would at 3pm'
Yay for adding a night . Glad they are accommodating your late arrival and will have snacks/drinks in the room. I know you will be glad you added the night when you wake up the next morning and do not have to move .

Quote:
They really are welcoming and accommodating at AKL CL. I've spoken with Michelle before and she is really nice.
This is so nice to hear about the CMs at AKL CL. I'm hoping we will be able to try AKL CL one of these trips .

Quote:
Thanks!
As the pp said, CL CMs don't really have any pull when it comes to ADRs. Sometimes they get lucky, but they really don't have any better of a chance than you do. I would keep trying every day multiple times a day as you never know if/when something might become available. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #1284
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

thanks everyone! I gave it a shot, and unfortunately they weren't able to pull any strings. I expected that, but thought I'd check anyways. I'm not overly excited about my ADR's so I am going to play around a bit and keep checking daily! I'll let you know if any pixie dust is thrown my way!

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
Old 04-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #1285
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Good luck!! Keep us posted. That's one thing that i dislike about Wdw cL. They seem to have no extra 'pull' like they used to.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #1286
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hellooooo Giraffes and psac! Love the photo.

What are your impressions thus far of the KC compared with other CLs you've tried?
So this isn't a quick question to answer. Over the last few years, we've mostly alternated between 1BR DVC villas or Deluxe Club level rooms. They don't have any Deluxe rooms at AKL anymore, so we're in a regular room. The biggest shock to us was the space, or lack thereof. I think we're used to it now though.

The club amenities are decent, we've only the evening appetizers twice, but both times everything was good. The south african wines seem to be really high quality. The morning breakfasts are good, but I do like the hard boiled eggs they have at the Epcot club levels.

In terms of the club service, it's been a mixed bag. At check in, we asked to confirm our Sunrise Savanna reservation, and it's good we did, because they didn't have it. Even worse, the CM was real nasty about it, that it was our fault, even though my wife had the whole email exchange. It got to the point where my wife asked for a manager and if they still had comment cards (which they don't). At that point the CM basically changed her attitude and apologized for their mistake, and thankfully they still have open spots for the safari AND they gave us the Safari for two for free because of their mess up (and I think so she wouldn't get in trouble for her attitude). So financially it made up for it, but needless to say, we've never had an experience like that with a club CM. Otherwise, the CMs have been nice, at meals they bus the tables and refill everything REAL quickly, but overall they're not as homey as we thought the BWI club folks were (though I know you had some issues Kook.).

Having said all that, the safari was excellent (and it's a club only perk), and the guaranteed Arusha savanna view is just insane. As much as I've read about it, it can't be described until you just get to your room every afternoon, and hey, there's the giraffes and zebras! Also the way the discounts work, it seems they discount the club rooms at a better percent than the regular rooms, so I think it cost us $13 more a night for club than the regular Arusha view room would've been.

Taking that into account, I really would recommend a club stay at AKL, at least once for the unique experience, if even just for a few days as part of a split stay (but include a Thursday or Sunday for the Sunrise Safari!)

By Arusha Rock yesterday evening, after roasting marshmallows.

Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #1287
psac
DIS Veteran

One more thing. It was my wife's birthday, and I mentioned it on the reservation, and the club staff left a birthday card and a carved giraffe ($15 in the gift shop, but we came close to buying it last time we went to AK) in the room when we got here. Really nice touch! And Zebra domes in the room another night. Obviously a stark difference from the other CM experience...
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #1288
TIME4DIZ
Mouseketeer

Room suggestions at YC?

My family of 4 just booked standard view CL at YC!!! Any suggestions for room requests? Or more importantly, rooms to avoid?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #1289
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks everyone! I gave it a shot, and unfortunately they weren't able to pull any strings. I expected that, but thought I'd check anyways. I'm not overly excited about my ADR's so I am going to play around a bit and keep checking daily! I'll let you know if any pixie dust is thrown my way!
Sorry you didn't have any luck with IPO, but good luck tweaking your ADRs....hope you are able to make the changes you want .

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I really would recommend a club stay at AKL, at least once for the unique experience, if even just for a few days as part of a split stay (but include a Thursday or Sunday for the Sunrise Safari!)
Thanks for your report. AKL CL is on our list of CL's to try .

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
One more thing. It was my wife's birthday, and I mentioned it on the reservation, and the club staff left a birthday card and a carved giraffe ($15 in the gift shop, but we came close to buying it last time we went to AK) in the room when we got here. Really nice touch! And Zebra domes in the room another night. Obviously a stark difference from the other CM experience...
What nice surprises...hope your wife had a nice birthday .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #1290
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Could someone help me with one of my dining reservations? I gave all my dining info to BC IPO and I was just looking it over. Before I call them for the hundredth time I figured I'd ask here first. My reservation for Yak and Yeti states " Yak & Yeti Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe". But it also states " Quick Service location". I've never booked here with or without IPO so I didn't know if this is normal or if I should call them just to clarify that I want the table service location. Reservations can't be made for QS so should I just assume it was a typo? Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: