Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #1261
coasterdogs
Earning My Ears

Beach Club

We are making our first Club Level trip in June....does anyone have any pics or examples of some of the evening appetizers? And what are the beer choices? TIA
2006 Universal Portifino Bay
2007 Port Orleans Riverside
2008 All Star Sports
2009 Coronado Springs - April
2009 Contemporary Resort - August
2010 Coronado Springs/Old Key West split stay - February
2010 Pop Century - August
2011 Beach Club - July
2011 Port Orleans Riverside - Christmas trip!
2012 Pop /Boardwalk Villas split stay - April
2012 All Star Movies/Caribbean Beach/Beach Club - July
2013 Art of Animation/Wilderness Lodge Split stay-April
2013 Beach Club -CL with the fam-June
Old 04-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #1262
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Anyone do a split stay w some CL and some not? How did it work out for you? Our flight arrives at MCO around midnight, originally I planned to stay at the Hyatt then check into AKL CL in the am. But now I am thinking of just going to AKL the night we arrive. I'm worried I wi 'miss out' on something by checking in that late so I thought maybe just a standard view room?
Sorry if this is rambling

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #1263
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Anyone do a split stay w some CL and some not? How did it work out for you? Our flight arrives at MCO around midnight, originally I planned to stay at the Hyatt then check into AKL CL in the am. But now I am thinking of just going to AKL the night we arrive. I'm worried I wi 'miss out' on something by checking in that late so I thought maybe just a standard view room?
Last summer we did 6 nights at POR and 6 nights at WL Club Level. I don't think saving the extra $ on a room at the Hyatt one night would make you "miss out" on anything. You can still head over to AKL early in the morning, check in and enjoy the lounge even if your room isn't ready.

If the cost is minimal, then just head to AKL, but if it is just to sleep, then you're not missing anything.
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #1264
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I answered this on another post, but just in case...

The only thing you will "miss" is sitting down at the desk in the lounge and being handed your folder and keys. After 10pm that will happen down at the front desk. That's pretty much it -- it honestly isn't that big of a deal -- it's mostly a benefit if you are checking in in the afternoon when there is a big line down at the front desk. The lounge won't have anything (but maybe some drinks in the refrigerator) that late at night, but you do have access to it. If you choose to check in at night, in the morning you can make your way to the lounge -- the Concierge staff has their desks right in the lounge -- so you can grab a bite to eat and chat with them (if you have any questions or want to know what they can do to help with your planning).

You weren't rambling -- I hope I'm not rambling.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #1265
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

We are staying at YC club level in June. We have stayed at BWI Club which was great but I am excited to be try something new.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #1266
cmdg
Mouseketeer

WL Deluxe CL or 1br Villa

DH and decided that in order to really relax on the vacation (our first with our 2 year old!) we want to have some extra space so he can sleep but we can still talk at normal levels and watch tv or a movie. So, we are deciding between a 1br Villa at WL or the deluxe room... any strong thoughts either way?

The 1br will be about $1400 less than the deluxe room, but the deluxe amenities would probably be nice.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:43 AM   #1267
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
DH and decided that in order to really relax on the vacation (our first with our 2 year old!) we want to have some extra space so he can sleep but we can still talk at normal levels and watch tv or a movie. So, we are deciding between a 1br Villa at WL or the deluxe room... any strong thoughts either way?

The 1br will be about $1400 less than the deluxe room, but the deluxe amenities would probably be nice.
Just answered your question on the WL/VWL thread
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #1268
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As others have said, you won't be missing out on anything other than being checked in at the CL desk upstairs. We usually add a night at the beginning of our trips and end up getting in late, but we have always booked that extra night at the same resort. We stay deluxe (although not always CL) and I know money can be saved by staying at the airport or at a cheaper Disney resort that first night just to sleep, but I like getting settled in and waking up the next morning all ready to go without having to move. Some people don't mind moving, but for us, it's worth the extra cost to book that night at our resort. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #1269
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the replies. I was leaning toward adding the night, I just needed that push. Thank guys!

Old 04-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #1270
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thank you for all the replies. I was leaning toward adding the night, I just needed that push. Thank guys!
For CL guests with after-hours arrivals, you can email or call the IPO after booking and ask that beverages and/or snacks be left in your fridge for you to enjoy after checking-in. While I can't confirm that all CLs will do this, I know that it has been done for guests at WL who were arriving after lounge hours (after 10 PM).

Even though you'll be arriving very late, you'll be waking up in your CL room which is a fantastic way to start your vacation.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #1271
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
For CL guests with after-hours arrivals, you can email or call the IPO after booking and ask that beverages and/or snacks be left in your fridge for you to enjoy after checking-in. While I can't confirm that all CLs will do this, I know that it has been done for guests at WL who were arriving after lounge hours (after 10 PM).

Even though you'll be arriving very late, you'll be waking up in your CL room which is a fantastic way to start your vacation.
This is an awesome idea. I am worried the kids will sleep on the flight and cookies with milk would help them sleep! (Cookies w/ congac will help mama )

Old 04-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #1272
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Just off the phone. Added the night. Thanks for the push!

ETA-
I called and spoke to IPO and they were more than willing to put some snacks/drinks in the room. I spoke to Mchelle, and her exact words 'we want you to feel as welcome at midnight as you would at 3pm'

Last edited by MomofDisneyLoversx3; 04-23-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #1273
WDWKOOK

Quote:
This is an awesome idea. I am worried the kids will sleep on the flight and cookies with milk would help them sleep! (Cookies w/ congac will help mama )

Quote:

ETA-
I called and spoke to IPO and they were more than willing to put some snacks/drinks in the room. I spoke to Mchelle, and her exact words 'we want you to feel as welcome at midnight as you would at 3pm'
I love Michelle's answer and congratulations on adding the night up front. I'm certain you won't regret awakening at AKL, going out on your balcony and taking it all in (but, stop by the lounge first for some coffee).
Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #1274
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

I also wanted to add that I asked about any in room 'party' type things as I know some people have been given the 'call wdw florist line'. Michelle said I can either call the florist, or mail down a package and send an email giving them permission to open package and set up room. It's an extra step on my part but will work GREAT for us. Maybe this will work for someone else also.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #1275
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

That's a fantastic idea! I can't believe I never heard of anyone doing this or thought of this myself! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:

ETA-
That's great! They really are welcoming and accommodating at AKL CL. I've spoken with Michelle before and she is really nice. I hope it all works out for you! I think waking up in CL and being able to wander in to the lounge and use that amazing latte machine are the best!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: