Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #1246
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
This is true but you have to ask pretty early. One day we asked for 4 bottles at around 10 AM and they only had 1 left.
It sounds like they are being reasonable about this. JMO, I don't think it's a good use of budget money to be keeping large stashes of small water bottles.

Lots of folks have a preferred drink that CL doesn't carry. That's OK, the CL lounges have what they have. If a guest wants something different, they can always order it or get it at the shops.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #1247
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
It sounds like they are being reasonable about this. JMO, I don't think it's a good use of budget money to be keeping large stashes of small water bottles.

Lots of folks have a preferred drink that CL doesn't carry. That's OK, the CL lounges have what they have. If a guest wants something different, they can always order it or get it at the shops.
We only asked for water bottles because we were told at check in that they have small water bottles. All you need to do is ask.

Not sure what you mean about being reasonable. Just did what they told us to do. Wasn't asking for something special. And that was our first CL stay so we thought it was normal.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #1248
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
We only asked for water bottles because we were told at check in that they have small water bottles. All you need to do is ask.

Not sure what you mean about being reasonable. Just did what they told us to do. Wasn't asking for something special.
Certainly nothing wrong with asking, I apologize for not being clear.

I meant that if they are going to carry little bottles (that folks take with them to parks) then limiting the number is reasonable. Probably lots of opinions on this, that's OK.

TY Kook
Old 04-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #1249
Brandee23
Mouseketeer

Do they have soy milk available on the Polynesian Club Level? Are hard boiled eggs offered in the morning?

Has anyone taken the Animal Kingdom private safari tour the Poly cl offers? How did you like it and how much did it cost?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #1250
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Certainly nothing wrong with asking, I apologize for not being clear.

I meant that if they are going to carry little bottles (that folks take with them to parks) then limiting the number is reasonable. Probably lots of opinions on this, that's OK.
Well actually they said and I quote, If you would like some bottled water to take with you to the parks just ask and we will get them for you because they are in another room. We asked for 4 for our party of 5. And I don't think they are limiting people from getting one each. Now if I asked for 8 or 10 for 5 of us then yes this should not be allowed.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 04-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #1251
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

My 28 yr old brother & I are taking my DDs 2&5 to YC 5/15-5/18. We are booked standard room. With the AP discount. After a lot of math & thinking I decided to upgrade to a CL room. I figured if my girls woke up early we could hang in the lounge and have breakfast while we let DB sleep and I also figure it would be nice for him at night to stop by the lounge for a drink it 2 while I put the girls to sleep. Well, I waited too long and all the standard CL rooms are taken only leaving very pricey water/lagoon rooms left. Oh we'll, there goes that plan. I'm still thrilled to be going to YC in 29 days!!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #1252
squeaky_penguin
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Brandee23;48120874]Do they have soy milk available on the Polynesian Club Level? Are hard boiled eggs offered in the morning?QUOTE]

Yes, they have soy milk. You just have to ask someone. Sometimes they would pour me a cup and sometimes it would an small individual box. They did run out a couple of times later in the evening.

I don't remember them serving hard boiled eggs in the morning. But I never asked them if they had any in the back.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:49 AM   #1253
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Thanks! We don't have to worry about school schedules, we're two adults who are kids at heart. My wife does budgets and reconciliations so we can't travel from like the 30th through the 5th of every month, or August (when they do the annual budget) but otherwise we're flexible on dates, so we do have the benefit of being able to go on off-peak dates. (My job is totally flexible as long as I do my daily email catch-up).

To keep it somewhat on-topic, this year we're trying two new club levels -- AKL next week and Poly in Sept. Will definitely report on my findings!

For the water topic, I guess BC and YC can have the water just like they have hard boiled eggs and the other places (except maybe BWI?) don't. They must have separate management with some power to make choices as to how they run the club levels.
We're all kids at heart when we're at WDW, aren't we?

I think it's exciting that you're trying out some new CLs. And, yes, they all have their own management with their own budgets, but I personally would like more consistency with the CL product. Prices aren't commensurate with offerings - some have amenities (lounge, toiletries...) that others don't, but prices don't reflect that. Rant over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Like TigrLvsPooh, we began staying CL since around 1993 and did so each year until 2010. While the Polynesian is our favorite, we have also ventured to other resorts as well. All of our primary stays were at the Polynesian and I can speak to that one with great confidence.

The Polynesian offered full size water bottles (16 oz size) for many years. It was discontinued when the powers that be at the resort determined there was too much waste, i.e., guests placing many bottles in their refrigerators and leaving them at check-out--at least that was the party line. I believe it was simply a matter of cost cutting since the end of those bottles was right around the time all of the CL resorts were cutting back on the offerings.

Thereafter, the Polynesian went to the glass Evian bottles (somewhere around 2006, just guessing since I truly don't recall which year the transition occurred, could be earlier/later). Guests were permitted to have those bottles for their rooms upon request. The Evian bottles were available as recently as 2010. Presently, there is the large carafe that contains filtered water.

While it's been a good number of years since we stayed at YC and BC CL, both offered water bottles at the time. I thought, however, there was a period of time that both went to the Evian glass bottles and perhaps the management is now rethinking the decision. Your guess is as good as anyone's.

And some have gotten rid of the Evian (like WL) and replaced it with their own filtered water. It's hard to keep up!

Looks like you're returning soon to the KKC - I hope you enjoy your rehabbed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Hmmmm....so you DO call that water down there "potable"?
JK...I drink it too, when we're there~
When we were stationed for 3 years in Key West, we always drank tap - it came all the way down from the potable waters of So. FL!

Quote:
Probably lots of opinions on this, that's OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
My 28 yr old brother & I are taking my DDs 2&5 to YC 5/15-5/18. We are booked standard room. With the AP discount. After a lot of math & thinking I decided to upgrade to a CL room. I figured if my girls woke up early we could hang in the lounge and have breakfast while we let DB sleep and I also figure it would be nice for him at night to stop by the lounge for a drink it 2 while I put the girls to sleep. Well, I waited too long and all the standard CL rooms are taken only leaving very pricey water/lagoon rooms left. Oh we'll, there goes that plan. I'm still thrilled to be going to YC in 29 days!!
Have you tried another Epcot CL, such as BWI?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #1254
abk96

Quote:
Probably lots of opinions on this, that's OK.
I don't get the fact that people have opinions on cast members telling you they have water and to ask for it when you need it.

Am I missing something? I'm not sure what the debate is about??

But anyway, we were told in June 2012 at BC that bottles of water were available for us to take to the parks. All we needed to do is ask because they are in a separate room for anyone out there on the boards who are wondering about water.

If they don't tell you at check in then maybe they have stopped storing water bottles or just ask. No harm done.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #1255
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

Just had to share this...woke up a little nervous at first, but then had to laugh...

I had a dream last night that they ran out of wine and beer at the GF CL, and all they had left was water, milk, and juice.
LOL...

I pray that doesn't happen when we go in June!

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #1256
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess View Post
Just had to share this...woke up a little nervous at first, but then had to laugh...

I had a dream last night that they ran out of wine and beer at the GF CL, and all they had left was water, milk, and juice.
LOL...

I pray that doesn't happen when we go in June!
Oh, dear! That wouldn't be a dream, that would be a nightmare!
I've always wanted to stay at GF, lucky you! Have fun planning.

TY Kook
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #1257
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, dear! That wouldn't be a dream, that would be a nightmare!
I've always wanted to stay at GF, lucky you! Have fun planning.
haha I know, right?!!!
We stayed there 3 years ago and fell in love...can't wait to go back!

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
Old 04-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #1258
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Hi if you could pick to stay CL at either YC or BC which would u choose?
Old 04-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #1259
psac
DIS Veteran

Staying in an AKL club room now. As others have said recently, no bottled water here. They do have jungle juice, iced tea, and really excellent fresh lemonade out all day. They do bus your plates, there is no place to put them, but they were coming around quickly both last night for appetizers and this morning for breakfast. The chocolate chip muffins were really good. . These guys say hello.

Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #1260
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Staying in an AKL club room now. As others have said recently, no bottled water here. They do have jungle juice, iced tea, and really excellent fresh lemonade out all day. They do bus your plates, there is no place to put them, but they were coming around quickly both last night for appetizers and this morning for breakfast. The chocolate chip muffins were really good. . These guys say hello.

Hellooooo Giraffes and psac! Love the photo.

What are your impressions thus far of the KC compared with other CLs you've tried?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: