Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #886
NicoleLarson
DIS Veteran

This may get lost on here and if so, I will make a separate post......

I really want to do a grand vacation for my daughters 5th birthday. We are DVC owners (BLT) and lucked out in getting a Cl AKV studio last september and now we are hooked. So we wanted to stay CL at least for a couple of nights somewhere for her birthday. We are hoping that AKV will be available at the 7 month mark but our hopes are not very high, so we are looking at all the CL resorts. Which one do you think would be the best for a 5 yr old, we also have a 1 yr old? We are military so we will hopefully have a 40% discount if they extend it to next year. We really liked AKL, but I just don't know that we would use the lounge if we weren't on the same floor, espically with 2 young kids. Any thoughts?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #887
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you, I didn't gt back to this thread til now. But I see you've gotten lots of input already! We have only stayed at GF RPC the 1 time, we have stayed at YC club level probably 10 - 12 times. We love the YC resort-- the ambience, location & of course, the pool! I would go without club leve there, but DH likes it & we do like the breakfast in the lounge. And those chips!

But, after staying @ GF RPC, i can agree with everyone else- there's no comparison! I absolutely loved sitting in the lounge area, listening to the band. Just heaven! And the food offerings were definately better. I tried for a split stay again this May, but the promo discount was only 5%. Yea, I loved it. But not $1000 a night's worth!
No worries . Thanks for your input. RPC is amazing and I do love sitting in the lounge with the great views, so it worries me to go to the YC where the lounge is in an enclosed room with not so good views. I agree that the rates for RPC are getting ridiculous. The rates are getting higher and the discounts are getting lower making it harder to justify staying there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLarson View Post

I really want to do a grand vacation for my daughters 5th birthday. We are DVC owners (BLT) and lucked out in getting a Cl AKV studio last september and now we are hooked. So we wanted to stay CL at least for a couple of nights somewhere for her birthday. We are hoping that AKV will be available at the 7 month mark but our hopes are not very high, so we are looking at all the CL resorts. Which one do you think would be the best for a 5 yr old, we also have a 1 yr old? We are military so we will hopefully have a 40% discount if they extend it to next year. We really liked AKL, but I just don't know that we would use the lounge if we weren't on the same floor, espically with 2 young kids. Any thoughts?
I think WL CL would be a good choice. The food offerings are great, the CMs are wonderful, and there is plenty of seating. The lounge is set up similar to AKL CL where the seating overlooks the lobby, which I personally love. Plus you will be a short boat ride away from MK .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #888
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLarson

I would go polynesian cl. You can see the castle from the beach, watch the fireworks every night and the pool is fun for the kids. The music for the fireworks gets piped into the lounge at night. My kids love staying there.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #889
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

I would also highly recommend Poly CL if you can get the discount.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #890
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would go with the Poly -- nice pool and beach for the little ones to play on. If you can't get a good price, I'd try WL. (still close to the MK, but less $$$, and quite similar to AKL).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 02-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #891
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

The availability of water concerns me a bit (some reports of NO water available, plastic or glass). Is this something I can contact the IPO about?

Old 02-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #892
NicoleLarson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I would go with the Poly -- nice pool and beach for the little ones to play on. If you can't get a good price, I'd try WL. (still close to the MK, but less $$$, and quite similar to AKL).
Just out of curiosity, what would you consider a "good" price. I'm thinking if we can get the military discount we could get it around $400/night (we are going the end of feb.) For that same time period WL is around $330.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #893
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what would you consider a "good" price. I'm thinking if we can get the military discount we could get it around $400/night (we are going the end of feb.) For that same time period WL is around $330.
I think $400 for Poly CL is a good price (of course, I'd rather pay less ). But my trips are usually "peak" season, so the room prices are generally higher than that. I'm not sure what off-season prices look like anymore (been a long, long time since I could go during the school year).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 02-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #894
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I think $400 for Poly CL is a good price (of course, I'd rather pay less ). But my trips are usually "peak" season, so the room prices are generally higher than that. I'm not sure what off-season prices look like anymore (been a long, long time since I could go during the school year).
$400 is NOT a good price for Poly CL IMO. We are going end of September with a 35% RO and also staying CL. Not paying that much even after taxes.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #895
Ali
DIS Veteran

I've never seen club level under $400 so if you got it in September I'm going to go check into it.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #896
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

We've book many CLs using the military rate and they are always 40% off rack rate. You can find the rate for your dates by going to the WDW booking page, putting your date and resort in and then subtract 40% from the daily rate to get the military rate, but the current discount ends 9/13, but if renewed, it would be in the summer.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #897
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
$400 is NOT a good price for Poly CL IMO. We are going end of September with a 35% RO and also staying CL. Not paying that much even after taxes.
We are paying more than that for Yacht Club club level with a 30% discount. A standard view room at Polynesian from March 2-8 (regular season) is $440 a night. Polynesian club level for $400 a night (while still way overpriced) is a good deal.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #898
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
I haven't seen CL that cheap for years. May's rate (prior to Memorial Weekend) is $601.35 p/n and on the weekend it is $657.40. That is with a passholder's rate. Standard for that time and with an AP rate is $363.75 (Sunday-Thursday) and $397.50 (weekend).

Want to share how you got the great rate?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #899
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
I haven't seen CL that cheap for years. May's rate (prior to Memorial Weekend) is $601.35 p/n and on the weekend it is $657.40. That is with a passholder's rate. Standard for that time and with an AP rate is $363.75 (Sunday-Thursday) and $397.50 (weekend).

Wow - I'd love to know this too! Even with 35% off (which I don't have - I'm just dreaming ), I'm still calculating a rate of $420/night for GV. I just called today and they gave me a AAA rate of $570/night, which is at least something! My dream is to spend our whole trip at Poly CL, but so far can't swing it....
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 02-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #900
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post

I dont mind sharing at all. You guys got me scared so I went to look at my sheet that they sent me and I this is what I am paying before taxes on each night:

Sept 21st (Saturday) $274.30
Sept 22nd-27th(Monday thru Thursday) $293.80

After looking at this sheet that they sent me in the mail it does not say CL BUT When I look at it online it says CL. Should I call

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: