Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #76
sssteele
DIS Veteran
 
sssteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,207

hstrickland?

When were the AKL "recent" pictures taken? My wife might be in the one - can't quite tell.
__________________
Sam & Joan
sssteele is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #77
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am hopeful OFC will restore some CL love into my DH....he liked AKL even though we were FAR away from the lounge. He liked SL too, but didn't love the price, and if he didn't like that you can imagine how he feels about RPC....we'll get there...as a family. Hopefully 2013 Occupancy was way low when we went due to Hurricane Irene so maybe that's why SL wasn't crowded
We loved the OFC and thought the food offerings were great and the CMs were amazing.......I'm sure your DH will love it too . RPC is pretty pricey, but a good discount makes it a little easier to take .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
If I remember correctly, the lounge is on the 6th floor, somewhat centrally located, and the only other rooms on that floor are DVC. All standard, non-DVC CL rooms are on the 4th floor. We had to walk down the hallway, past the "center" of the resort, and board an elevator to ride up 2 floors to get to the lounge. It's by no means the end of the world, but having stayed RPC and at the Inkeeper's Club, I can tell you that the distance between our room and the lounge was much shorter there.
I didn't realize the DVC rooms took up the whole CL floor.....thanks for that information . That makes sense then why it's a hike to the lounge from a standard CL room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
OK, so on the main page, there are now pictures attatched to CR, GF-RPC (though I'd like much better ones), BWI, AKL, BC, and YC.

I'll spend the next day or so combing the resort picture threads for pictures and asking appropriate permissions.
Thanks for compiling all the different CL pics .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #78
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.
 
EPCOTatNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Orleans, La
Posts: 2,029

.
__________________
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)





EPCOTatNight is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #79
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
OK, so on the main page, there are now pictures attatched to CR, GF-RPC (though I'd like much better ones), BWI, AKL, BC, and YC.

I'll spend the next day or so combing the resort picture threads for pictures and asking appropriate permissions.
Great job!
Reading this thread makes me so excited to get back!
__________________
Erika Murphy
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
TigrLvsPooh is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #80
mslhb
Mouseketeer
 
mslhb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 352

Itinerary from IPO?

I have a couple of questions about the itinerary I received from the IPO.

1. It lists our flight info and talks about the ME. We didn't have the info when I originally booked the resort reservation but did have it when filling out the IPO questionnaire. Do I still need to contact ME with my flight info.

2. I had emailed the IPO a room request. Wasn't on the itinerary. Is this information typically on there.

Thanks! I am feeling like I am in a planning lull and now obsessing about the details of stuff I have already done/booked.
__________________
(me) (DH) (DD6)
mslhb is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #81
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,619

Today I wanted to add a day (early) to my AKL cl, but CL rooms were all booked for aug 27
That's low season, when crowds dwindle, so wasn't expecting that!!!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #82
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslhb View Post
I have a couple of questions about the itinerary I received from the IPO.

1. It lists our flight info and talks about the ME. We didn't have the info when I originally booked the resort reservation but did have it when filling out the IPO questionnaire. Do I still need to contact ME with my flight info.

2. I had emailed the IPO a room request. Wasn't on the itinerary. Is this information typically on there.

Thanks! I am feeling like I am in a planning lull and now obsessing about the details of stuff I have already done/booked.
1. I would check on the Disney website under your reservation and make sure DME is listed there, if it is, you know you are OK and no need to contact DME (or email IPO back and ask if you need to contact them or if they had done it for you)

2. My room requests were not on either of my CL itineraries but both times they were met (and at CR Paul even made sure we had an awesome room since the 1st one fit my requests but a better one was available)
WsPrincess is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 02:32 AM   #83
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 698

Does this help?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...e/index?bhcp=1
__________________
Ziggy is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #84
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Today I wanted to add a day (early) to my AKL cl, but CL rooms were all booked for aug 27
That's low season, when crowds dwindle, so wasn't expecting that!!!
AKL CL seems to book up pretty fast I've noticed, I'm not sure what the total number of rooms is but you've got to factor in DVC CL too which probably cuts it down.
__________________
Erika Murphy
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
TigrLvsPooh is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #85
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We loved the OFC and thought the food offerings were great and the CMs were amazing.......I'm sure your DH will love it too . RPC is pretty pricey, but a good discount makes it a little easier to take .
Very true. We have the 35% BB offer. The difference between WL & RPC Honeymoon rooms...over $250/nt. So I'll try WL this time. Splurge fo RPC after construction
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslhb View Post
I have a couple of questions about the itinerary I received from the IPO.

1. It lists our flight info and talks about the ME. We didn't have the info when I originally booked the resort reservation but did have it when filling out the IPO questionnaire. Do I still need to contact ME with my flight info.

2. I had emailed the IPO a room request. Wasn't on the itinerary. Is this information typically on there.

Thanks! I am feeling like I am in a planning lull and now obsessing about the details of stuff I have already done/booked.
You won't need to do anything else with Magical Express. IPO puts all yourinfo in the system. And if you emailed your room request, the IPO does note that on your reservation. But they sometimes suggest that you remind them within 2 weeks of arrival (perhaps that's when they start assigning rooms)

And I understand about trip obsessing
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #86
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Very true. We have the 35% BB offer. The difference between WL & RPC Honeymoon rooms...over $250/nt. So I'll try WL this time. Splurge fo RPC after construction
I hear you on RPC and the cost . I am trying to decide between GF RPC, AKL CL, and YC CL for a pre-cruise stay in July 2013 and while I'd love to book GF RPC, it is $900 more than YC CL and $1300 more than AKL CL....and that's only for 3 nights . With that said, it looks like RPC is out of the running (for now), but if a good discount comes out later, I'll be back to the drawing board .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #87
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I hear you on RPC and the cost . I am trying to decide between GF RPC, AKL CL, and YC CL for a pre-cruise stay in July 2013 and while I'd love to book GF RPC, it is $900 more than YC CL and $1300 more than AKL CL....and that's only for 3 nights . With that said, it looks like RPC is out of the running (for now), but if a good discount comes out later, I'll be back to the drawing board .
And back on the RC thread But RPC 2013....new CY pool, construction all completed (hopefully) Ugh, I'm NO help
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #88
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
And back on the RC thread But RPC 2013....new CY pool, construction all completed (hopefully) Ugh, I'm NO help
So very true . I think that's why I haven't booked yet because I know I'll no sooner pick one and I'll be calling right back to change to one of the other ones . But you're right......the GF should be in good shape by July of next year......I hadn't thought of that, but it's definitely something to consider . Just when I thought I was getting somewhere by being down to just 2 resorts to pick from, you go and put me right back where I started .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #89
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
So very true . I think that's why I haven't booked yet because I know I'll no sooner pick one and I'll be calling right back to change to one of the other ones . But you're right......the GF should be in good shape by July of next year......I hadn't thought of that, but it's definitely something to consider . Just when I thought I was getting somewhere by being down to just 2 resorts to pick from, you go and put me right back where I started .
Sorry

Too funny
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #90
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sorry

Too funny
No need to apologize......I've been going back and forth since the 2013 rates came out and I'm no closer to choosing now than I was then . I love that Disney has so many resorts to choose from, but they are all so great that it makes it so hard to choose . Maybe I'll just have to plan another trip in the fall or winter of next year to accommodate the resort we don't get to in July .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: