Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #871
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
They can, although they have told me that they only are supposed to if the 2nd part is CL, too. (It was for us, so it wasn't a problem). You may be able to find an IPO person who will make them all even if the Poly is not a CL stay, but I wouldn't expect it of them.

It's always better to make polite requests. I suppose too- it depends a little how long our second stay is. I just read a post from someone who was at WDW for 24days! I was thinking a few days when I responded earlier.

CL is kind of funny sometimes...The magic and challenge is that they don't always make the same kind of service offers. It's hard to clarify what they will and won't do.

If you ask nicely though, they should be ablet to do it. I agreee that it helps your non-CL is the second part.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #872
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebby View Post
Checking in with the CL experts as I want to make sure I get a sure answer to this one!

We currently have a room only booking at the BC for Sept 21, and then switch to a package at the poly for the next week. If I upgrade our room at the BC to CL, can the IPO then make all my reservations at 180+10 for that day, PLUS all the time we are at the poly? Same for things like BBB and the pirate cruise?
We did a split stay in Sept 2011, YC club then GF RPC. I sent all our requests to the YC IPO, since we were there first & asked them if they could handle all our ADRs. Nope, they forwarded the requests for the days we were at GF to their IPO, to be made at 180 days from that check in. We did get everything we wanted but I thought that was a little silly actually. I mean really, both stays were club level & they still wouldn't do it.

Good luck & I hope they'll do it for you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #873
ixmnrs
Mouseketeer

Question Room Requests? Tours?

A Few Questions...

1) Can I send room requests to concierge IPOs? Would that be of any benefit? If so, when would be the best time to do so?
2) Are there any exclusive tours for CL guests (other than AKL - safaris) anymore now that the Wildlife Excursion is no longer offered?
August 2007: DCL Land (POLY)/Sea(DWonder)
August 2008: Off Site Nickelodeon Hotel
March Break 2009: Contemporary Tower
March Break 2010: YC CL
August 2013 : Polynesian CL
Aug 2014: Finally decided on CR AC TPV

ME(Still Young at Heart) DW (Likewise); DS(16); DD(13); DHavanese: (1)
Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #874
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
We did a split stay in Sept 2011, YC club then GF RPC.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you like YC CL compared to GF RPC? We've stayed RPC (love it) and are thinking of trying YC, but I'm worried I will be disappointed and that I won't like YC as much. I've read the lounge is small and food offerings aren't the greatest. I know everyone has differing opinions and what one person likes another doesn't, but how would you compare the two as far as lounge size, seating, food offerings, etc? TIA .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #875
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
We did a split stay in Sept 2011, YC club then GF RPC. I sent all our requests to the YC IPO, since we were there first & asked them if they could handle all our ADRs. Nope, they forwarded the requests for the days we were at GF to their IPO, to be made at 180 days from that check in. We did get everything we wanted but I thought that was a little silly actually. I mean really, both stays were club level & they still wouldn't do it.

Good luck & I hope they'll do it for you!
Wow! I have never had that response with our split-stays. We've done 2 and 3 resort splits and the IPO CMs seemed happier to have us use one IPO office. I guess it really does depend on who you talk to at the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how did you like YC CL compared to GF RPC? We've stayed RPC (love it) and are thinking of trying YC, but I'm worried I will be disappointed and that I won't like YC as much. I've read the lounge is small and food offerings aren't the greatest. I know everyone has differing opinions and what one person likes another doesn't, but how would you compare the two as far as lounge size, seating, food offerings, etc? TIA .
Hi mickeynut! I'll chime in here since I've stayed at both, too... I hate to say that they don't compare too well IMO. We stayed CL at the YC last summer (and several times before). It was really nice to have the lounge, the IPO staff, the food, etc. But it isn't as "grand" as the lounge at the GF and the food isn't as good IMO. We stayed there last summer because we wanted to be close to Epcot and because, frankly, the RPC price was too high. So I have no complaints... the CMs were very nice and all... but the lounge itself is more of a large room. (The lounges that have more space and ambiance IMO are RPC and AKL). I would definitely stay at the YC CL again, but if you are trying to compare it to RPC it's not quite the same.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #876
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi mickeynut! I'll chime in here since I've stayed at both, too... I hate to say that they don't compare too well IMO. We stayed CL at the YC last summer (and several times before). It was really nice to have the lounge, the IPO staff, the food, etc. But it isn't as "grand" as the lounge at the GF and the food isn't as good IMO. We stayed there last summer because we wanted to be close to Epcot and because, frankly, the RPC price was too high. So I have no complaints... the CMs were very nice and all... but the lounge itself is more of a large room. (The lounges that have more space and ambiance IMO are RPC and AKL). I would definitely stay at the YC CL again, but if you are trying to compare it to RPC it's not quite the same.
Hi there . The highlighted part is what I was afraid of. I think RPC has a great variety as far as food offerings and I love how the lounge overlooks the lobby (as does the WL CL lounge, which I love). AKL has also appealed to me for that reason as well. I'm going to have to do a little more research and try to make a decision. Right now I'm considering YC CL, Poly CL, and AKL CL. I would love to do RPC, but like you said, the prices are getting too high and the nights we need are peak season pricing (with little chance of a discount), so I can't see that happening.

Thank you for your honest opinion, I really appreciate it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #877
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Right now I'm considering YC CL, Poly CL, and AKL CL. I would love to do RPC, but like you said, the prices are getting too high and the nights we need are peak season pricing (with little chance of a discount), so I can't see that happening.

Thank you for your honest opinion, I really appreciate it .
We've stayed at all 3 -- I'll try to give you my pros-cons. But they are just my family's feelings of course... YMMV

AKL CL -- Pros: great lounge with space and atmosphere, sunrise safari, we love the food there (not run of the mill CL food, and the only CL other than RPC that does scones and tea in the afternoon), the amazing espresso machine, great IPO office, and the animals. Cons: taking buses all the time (but we choose to stay there for only part of our trip so it's not really a problem), smaller rooms, a bit of a walk to the CL lounge.

YC CL -- Pros: walking distance to Epcot and DHS, the great pool, larger rooms. Cons: smaller lounge, average food.

Poly CL -- Pros: big lounge with that great view, lounge is convenient to the pool area (location of the other two make it tougher to go up and get a drink or a snack), good food in the evening, the views of the castle, really large rooms, and the easy transportation to MK and EP. Cons: lounge was crowded, food (other than 5p) got boring after a few days, the cost (at least for us, it was quite a lot more $ than the other two).

But I like them all. If there was one place at WDW that I thought was perfect I guess I'd never be willing to try the other resorts.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 02-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #878
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've stayed at all 3 --

But I like them all. If there was one place at WDW that I thought was perfect I guess I'd never be willing to try the other resorts.
I can basically second MMMEars review. YC is one of the few lounges I've not yet tried, but I hear it's similar to BC, which we've done several times. The two resorts share many amenities. The one big thing I'd say about BC, is the staff is super! I also really love the pool area, the pool at GF is a little boring. Poly was nice, but the CL building is only convenient to the pool. It's rather far from the monorail platform.

For us, the food in all the lounges is quite similar. They all serve cheese, bread, (fried) dumplings, veggies like carrot sticks, basic fruits like melon. BC had lobster salad! GF is the only one with plain yogurt, which I really like, and slightly better fruit (a FEW berries ). Loved quinoa at AKL.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #879
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've stayed at all 3 -- I'll try to give you my pros-cons. But they are just my family's feelings of course... YMMV

AKL CL -- Pros: great lounge with space and atmosphere, sunrise safari, we love the food there (not run of the mill CL food, and the only CL other than RPC that does scones and tea in the afternoon), the amazing espresso machine, great IPO office, and the animals. Cons: taking buses all the time (but we choose to stay there for only part of our trip so it's not really a problem), smaller rooms, a bit of a walk to the CL lounge.

YC CL -- Pros: walking distance to Epcot and DHS, the great pool, larger rooms. Cons: smaller lounge, average food.

Poly CL -- Pros: big lounge with that great view, lounge is convenient to the pool area (location of the other two make it tougher to go up and get a drink or a snack), good food in the evening, the views of the castle, really large rooms, and the easy transportation to MK and EP. Cons: lounge was crowded, food (other than 5p) got boring after a few days, the cost (at least for us, it was quite a lot more $ than the other two).

Thanks . AKL CL has alot of followers and is actually on my list to try. We've stayed at AKL before and although buses are the only way to get around, we loved the resort and didn't think the transportation was bad at all. We are used to the larger rooms at the other deluxes (especially the Poly) and it's hard for us to go back to the smaller room, but it may be worth it to give CL a try .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
I can basically second MMMEars review. YC is one of the few lounges I've not yet tried, but I hear it's similar to BC, which we've done several times. The two resorts share many amenities. The one big thing I'd say about BC, is the staff is super! I also really love the pool area, the pool at GF is a little boring. Poly was nice, but the CL building is only convenient to the pool. It's rather far from the monorail platform.

For us, the food in all the lounges is quite similar. They all serve cheese, bread, (fried) dumplings, veggies like carrot sticks, basic fruits like melon. BC had lobster salad! GF is the only one with plain yogurt, which I really like, and slightly better fruit (a FEW berries ). Loved quinoa at AKL.
Thanks for your input as well . I have heard the staff is great at BC/YC CL. We had a great stay at the BC in the past (although not CL), so I'm thinking YC might be nice to try. Our favorite resort overall is the Poly as we loved everything about it, so maybe CL is worth the cost to give it a try .

Old 02-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #880
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Just adding to the comments about split CL stays:

Last year when I booked a split CL stay (BWI and WL), I asked the IPO who should handle my requests. They said that the first resort's IPO should handle all the requests for both resorts, but it's up to the guest if they want two IPOs involved. Fewer chefs in the kitchen is usually better so I had the first resort's IPO handle it all. But, I did place my room location requests with each respective IPO and filled out each Itinerary Planning Form, but the first IPO made all the reservations.

When I've had a CL/non-CL split, I just gave all my requests to the IPO for both stays and they just went ahead and made reservations for both stays, no questions asked. I hardly ever have any requests/reservations for them to make, so perhaps that's why they went ahead and did it
Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #881
wifey
DIS Veteran

IPO staff rock! They were great at organising our ADRs for us and sent us the updated completed details via email today, cannot fault the IPO team at all so far they are courteous friendly efficient and approachable and totally professional each time we have contacted them so far. They do amazing work to create a little pixie dust for your vacation .

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 AM   #882
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

We agree!

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #883
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey
IPO staff rock! They were great at organising our ADRs for us and sent us the updated completed details via email today, cannot fault the IPO team at all so far they are courteous friendly efficient and approachable and totally professional each time we have contacted them so far. They do amazing work to create a little pixie dust for your vacation .
Agreed, they are fabulous!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Old 02-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #884
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

From my search on this thread, the (ugh) Nescafe machine in the YC Lounge is different from the one offered in the BC Marketplace? Offers slightly better and more options for my AM fix.

Does anyone have any insight as to when Joeffrys will be replacing the nescafe machines in the lounges? Hopefully it will be done before my stay in May!!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #885
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you, I didn't gt back to this thread til now. But I see you've gotten lots of input already! We have only stayed at GF RPC the 1 time, we have stayed at YC club level probably 10 - 12 times. We love the YC resort-- the ambience, location & of course, the pool! I would go without club leve there, but DH likes it & we do like the breakfast in the lounge. And those chips!

But, after staying @ GF RPC, i can agree with everyone else- there's no comparison! I absolutely loved sitting in the lounge area, listening to the band. Just heaven! And the food offerings were definately better. I tried for a split stay again this May, but the promo discount was only 5%. Yea, I loved it. But not $1000 a night's worth!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: