Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #691
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any current photos of the food options at AKL club? I don't really care about the desserts more interested in the morning and evening options. I know it won't replace a meal and we staying AKL club about 10 years ago and were wondering what the current offerings were. Doing a search the last photos available are from 2009 or 2010

Thanks

Last edited by Happy99; 01-26-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #692
psac
DIS Veteran

Has anyone stayed in the garden view club level at the Poly? How good or bad are those views? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #693
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac
Has anyone stayed in the garden view club level at the Poly? How good or bad are those views? Any thoughts? Thanks!
I'd really like to know too! Opinions and pictures if anyone has them

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 01-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #694
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
I'd really like to know too! Opinions and pictures if anyone has them
Here are a few Room 3530:

And one from a room in close proximity to 3530:

I have been in other CLGV rooms, but those photos are not uploaded. I also have some LV, now known as TPV CL views, but you didn't ask for those. I love the garden view at CL--some have better views of the pool, but over the years those trees have grown. I like the privacy they offer and the views are very peaceful.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #695
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Here are a few Room 3530:

I have been in other CLGV rooms, but those photos are not uploaded. I also have some LV, now known as TPV CL views, but you didn't ask for those. I love the garden view at CL--some have better views of the pool, but over the years those trees have grown. I like the privacy they offer and the views are very peaceful.
Thank you!! Perfect. It doesn't seem worth the extra $100+ per day for Lagoon view. We're probably going to book today for end of September.

We weren't sure how crazy it would be to go for a third time this year, but we've never stayed at the Poly before, and what's wrong with being crazy once in a while?
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 01-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #696
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Thank you!! Perfect. It doesn't seem worth the extra $100+ per day for Lagoon view. We're probably going to book today for end of September.

We weren't sure how crazy it would be to go for a third time this year, but we've never stayed at the Poly before, and what's wrong with being crazy once in a while?
At the rates they are charging for Polynesian standard view, any stay there is crazy!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #697
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4minnies View Post
We have stayed GF CL main building and loved it. Would still stay there but we out grew the standard rooms. Here are my experiences:

GF CL - Fathers Day - I requested a white chocolate Mickey Mouse be in the room when we arrived. It was about 4" tall with gold accents, and "happy father's day". They did not charge me for it.

Second GF CL - I did not request anything, however, when we checked in there were Disney stuffed animals on the beds for the 4 kiddos. (I was not charged for them)

WL CL - We had reservations at O'hana's for the character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. Without kiddos knowing, I brought a stuffed Stitch from home. After we arrived, I requested from the CL cast members to help me surprise the kiddos. The morning we had breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, they staged Stitch reeking havoc in our room. They did a really cute job. When we arrived back at our room, Stitch (the stuffed animal I brought) was sitting on the bed and toilet paper was every where. They draped it all over the room and next to Stitch was an 8x10 signed photo of Lilo and Stitch (this was an extra that I did not bring or ask them to do). The kids got a big kick out of it.

Second WL CL - DD's sweet 16 - After arriving, I asked the cast members to order a cake to be delivered to our room. I asked for 3 things for the cake 1)chocolate 2) Tinker Bell 3) under $50. In the afternoon of her birthday, we returned to our room. The cake was on the table with plates, napkins, and forks. They had also put several milks in the fridge for the kiddos. The cake was delish and adorable and $42.

CR CL - I had no special requests and we did not receive any extras.

The CL cast members are at liberty to do small gestures like the stuffed animals when we stayed at the GF. But it is at their discretion. If you have any requests, it's worth asking. I have read that they will do purchasing from theme park stores prior to your arrival if you give them a credit card number.

Hope this helps.
WOW that is so cool. I am wishing that maybe they can do something for my DH (Balloons or a special card) for his birthday. We did not do anything special for his 40th last year. And now we will be in Disney for his Birthday this year.

Is it better to order my cake with them then go through the Disney cake number?

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 01-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #698
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

I don't have any pics of the AKL food offerings (I was embarrassed to take them) but we just came back Thursday. In the am they had 3 cold cereals (raisin bran, fruit loops, and rice crispy), 2 hot cereals (oatmeal and quinoa) with flax seed, fresh made granola and brown sugar available, BEAUTIFUL fresh fruit (berries, pineapple, melon, pineapple, papaya) croissants (I ate my weight in them), cinnamon buns, yogurt, muffins, coffee, tea, juice, and mimosas!!!!
Evening snacks varied but always included fresh made hummus, pita squares, bread, 3-4 cheeses, veggies, olives, 2 hot apps and 1 cold app. Plus a kids table w/ apple slices, baby carrots, ham n cheese roll ups, and a 'kids app' (ie fruit n yogurt parfaits). Plus wine and beer.
We ABSOLUTELY did breakfast as a 'meal replacement' and I felt it was billed that way. Evening apps we did 'meal replace' one night but that was more due to very late lunch plus pool drinks plus looooots of kettle chips .
Hope this helps

Heather

Old 01-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #699
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
At the rates they are charging for Polynesian standard view, any stay there is crazy!
We had a 30 or 35% off pin code, so that made a big difference. (Not sure which, wife booked it.). Poly GV Club it is. the code was only good until 2 or 3 days after our checkout date, too, so it was perfect. We're planning to do a mostly resort stay, so we can hit all the monorail dinners at night, and relax around the Poly during the days. The second floor of the club lounge looks like a great reading place if its too hot outside. It seems like a good place for that. We do have Annual Passes if we get really bored, too.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #700
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
I don't have any pics of the AKL food offerings (I was embarrassed to take them) but we just came back Thursday. In the am they had 3 cold cereals (raisin bran, fruit loops, and rice crispy), 2 hot cereals (oatmeal and quinoa) with flax seed, fresh made granola and brown sugar available, BEAUTIFUL fresh fruit (berries, pineapple, melon, pineapple, papaya) croissants (I ate my weight in them), cinnamon buns, yogurt, muffins, coffee, tea, juice, and mimosas!!!!
Evening snacks varied but always included fresh made hummus, pita squares, bread, 3-4 cheeses, veggies, olives, 2 hot apps and 1 cold app. Plus a kids table w/ apple slices, baby carrots, ham n cheese roll ups, and a 'kids app' (ie fruit n yogurt parfaits). Plus wine and beer.
We ABSOLUTELY did breakfast as a 'meal replacement' and I felt it was billed that way. Evening apps we did 'meal replace' one night but that was more due to very late lunch plus pool drinks plus looooots of kettle chips .
Hope this helps

Heather
You had me at mimosas!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #701
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

We are headed back to the world this October and are entertaining the idea of Club Level. Thank goodness I found this thread!!! Now to decide where to stay...So many great choices!!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #702
eeyore81
Mouseketeer

I am trying to decide whether to book a club level room at AKL or an Arusha view. We have book Arusha view in the past. The reason we stay at AKL is for the animals. I don't want to give up a great view close to the animals. Any thoughts? Are there club level rooms with better views than others that we could request?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #703
dragonfly57005
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hated it. They stuck us on the ground floor. While it was nice to see some ducks come waddling past it was also not pleasant to watch out and see all of the carts moving trash about.

Our place arrived 6 hours late so it was all they had left.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #704
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Hope this helps

Heather
I am super excited for our first CL stay at AKL. Can you tell me where the lounge is located, by an elevator? We requested our room to be close to the club lounge elevator. DH is a beer drinker, do they have beer out in the afternoon or just in the evening with the other adult beverages? Any other tips or info would be great!

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
Old 01-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #705
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore81 View Post
I am trying to decide whether to book a club level room at AKL or an Arusha view. We have book Arusha view in the past. The reason we stay at AKL is for the animals. I don't want to give up a great view close to the animals. Any thoughts? Are there club level rooms with better views than others that we could request?
I was told when I changed my Arusha bunk bed room to a Standard Club room that all CL rooms have an Arusha view. I think it was $25.00 more to switch, so i booked the CL room. I am not guaranteed a bunk bed CL room, but I put a request in.

I am not a DVC member, but read here on the DIS that if you book DVC AKL CL that you are not guaranteed a Savannah view, that you either get Savannah or a pool view room.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: