Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #541
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napria View Post
Well, I posted this on the Poly thread, but no one answered...

As I sit by my fireplace, happy to have the chill in the air today replaced by its warmth, and dreaming of our trip in about 7 1/2 months, I'm wondering how unbearable the heat & humidity will be mid July? We are planning only 1/2 day in MK; the rest of the time will be spent at the Pool (planning on getting a cabana), in the CL lounge and at restaurants.

We've never gone to WDW in July, but it's been pretty brutally hot in June. The question is, will it be worse in July?

Thanks.
I have gone in June and July. June was raining a lot but the evenings were pleasant and it got hot around 11am. The difference I noticed was the humidity. We were sweating at midnight the last week of July but we also had no rain so maybe that was why. I found June to be tolerable. I am going again in June so we will see.

Just made a reservation for Beach Club CL GV and I cannot wait!
__________________
CSR - business trip 12/03
WL CL - 1st family visit! - 7/10
Poly - 5/11
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
pmaurer74 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #542
wifey
DIS Veteran
 
wifey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: U.K. (North East)
Posts: 2,027

Hello everyone we just want to say hello and ask a question or two if you don't mind, we are due to stay at the Yacht Club standard club level room in August. However due to late flights we will be due to arrive at MCO after 8pm and we will be using DME to get to the hotel after 9pm. Will there be anyone from club level available to greet us and check us in or will we be checked in at the usual check in desks? Will there be somewhere to grab some snacks that night? After a long journey from the UK I'm not sure we will want a lot to eat but it's great to have some ideas before we arrive. TIA for your help and we are really looking forward to staying at a deluxe resort for the first time.
__________________


Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]


June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
wifey is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #543
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Hello everyone we just want to say hello and ask a question or two if you don't mind, we are due to stay at the Yacht Club standard club level room in August. However due to late flights we will be due to arrive at MCO after 8pm and we will be using DME to get to the hotel after 9pm. Will there be anyone from club level available to greet us and check us in or will we be checked in at the usual check in desks? Will there be somewhere to grab some snacks that night? After a long journey from the UK I'm not sure we will want a lot to eat but it's great to have some ideas before we arrive. TIA for your help and we are really looking forward to staying at a deluxe resort for the first time.
The CL lounge is open and staff is available usually until 10 pm. So, if you do arrive at the resort at 9pm, you'd probably be checked in upstairs and be able to grab some snacks from the lounge.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD9) (DD7)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #544
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran
 
PamelaKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 688

Contemporary question

I am contemplating a stay club level at the contemporary, but need to know if the sinks, shower and toilet are all in a single room, or are the sinks separate from the shower and toilet.

Thanks.
__________________


Mar 2007 - POR, Mar 2008 - WL, Mar 2009 - Dolphin and CSR,
Dec 2009 - Dolphin
Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
PamelaKay is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #545
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I am contemplating a stay club level at the contemporary, but need to know if the sinks, shower and toilet are all in a single room, or are the sinks separate from the shower and toilet.

Thanks.
Hi, Pamela

All the non-suite rooms are identical at the CR, including Atrium Club Level. The bath/shower and sinks are in one room and the toilet is in its own room with a pocket door to the right in this photo:


WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #546
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran
 
PamelaKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 688

Thanks so much WDWKook. I should have just emailed you the question
__________________


Mar 2007 - POR, Mar 2008 - WL, Mar 2009 - Dolphin and CSR,
Dec 2009 - Dolphin
Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
PamelaKay is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #547
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags
 
MUFFYCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Polynesian
Posts: 31,125

Does the Boardwalk lounge close at all during the day?
I loved that the Polynesian was open so you can sit and have a drink. Or for the very early risers have coffee!
__________________
Joanne
MUFFYCAT is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #548
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict
 
HARASW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 16,706

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
Does the Boardwalk lounge close at all during the day?
I loved that the Polynesian was open so you can sit and have a drink. Or for the very early risers have coffee!
It is open all day, till 10 pm. You're going to love it (I believe even more than the Polynesian-I've been to both)
__________________
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL

HARASW is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #549
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"
 
milmore104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 2,914

I am thinking about surprising my DD w/club level for our girls only trip next month. I was wondering which lounge people like more WL or BC? It will be me and my 3 girls 12,4,2.
__________________
Me DH DD(12) DD(4) DD(2)

milmore104 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #550
mommadjones
Mouseketeer
 
mommadjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CT.
Posts: 115

I can't speak to any other then WL but we love it! Everyone is so wonderful. When we take our big family trip it's a must book every year!!
__________________
mommadjones is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #551
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
I am thinking about surprising my DD w/club level for our girls only trip next month. I was wondering which lounge people like more WL or BC? It will be me and my 3 girls 12,4,2.
I agree with momma - WL/CL is our favorite CL. WL/CL also has a much larger seating area than BC and is priced somewhat lower. All rooms have a balcony and the lounge has amazing views of the grand lobby below, Bay Lake and the geyser. You can watch the EWP from the lounge. There are also bunk bed rooms by request (no guarantee though on CL).

If you intend on going primarily to Epcot or DHS, then BC is within walking distance. If you intend on going primarily to MK, then WL would be more convenient. There is a boat and a non-stop bus that go to the MK and a boat to the CR and FW.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #552
mommadjones
Mouseketeer
 
mommadjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CT.
Posts: 115

I can also attest to their patience with kids. We have a 14,4 and almost 2 year old(girl, boy, boy)and they were so wonderful with them!
__________________
mommadjones is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #553
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
I can also attest to their patience with kids. We have a 14,4 and almost 2 year old(girl, boy, boy)and they were so wonderful with them!


And they're great with adults, too
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #554
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran
 
zima-cheryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 818

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARASW View Post
It is open all day, till 10 pm. You're going to love it (I believe even more than the Polynesian-I've been to both)
We also enjoyed the Boardwalk much more than the Poly.
Even after the Poly's refurb. The Boardwalk is just more our style I guess.
__________________
zima-cheryl is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #555
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"
 
milmore104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 2,914

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I agree with momma - WL/CL is our favorite CL. WL/CL also has a much larger seating area than BC and is priced somewhat lower. All rooms have a balcony and the lounge has amazing views of the grand lobby below, Bay Lake and the geyser. You can watch the EWP from the lounge. There are also bunk bed rooms by request (no guarantee though on CL).

If you intend on going primarily to Epcot or DHS, then BC is within walking distance. If you intend on going primarily to MK, then WL would be more convenient. There is a boat and a non-stop bus that go to the MK and a boat to the CR and FW.
Thanks we spend most our time at MK and Epcot. We love BC! But was thinking of trying something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
I can also attest to their patience with kids. We have a 14,4 and almost 2 year old(girl, boy, boy)and they were so wonderful with them!
Well that's good...
__________________
Me DH DD(12) DD(4) DD(2)

milmore104 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: