Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #391
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
In just 10 days, I will be staying at YC CL for the very first time.
Have a great trip . We are trying YC CL for the first time next summer and I can't wait. I hope you will report back about your stay .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
So I made our reservation for April, and the only room available at the CR with a military discount was a club level room- poor me right?

Anyway this is our first time staying Club Level, and I have a few questions. The big one is: are the club lounges kid friendly? We will be traveling with a baby and a 3 year old, and I don't want to spend the money on the club level, and be made to feel uncomfortable by other guests if we bring our children in the lounge. I will of course monitor their behavior, and remove them if they act up, but I know there are places where children are technically allowed- but not really welcomed (the Top of the World lounge at Bay Lake Tower comes to mind).

Thanks in advance!
I can't speak for CR CL as we've never stayed there, but we have stayed WL CL and GF CL (both SL & RPC) and I have found all 3 lounges to be kid friendly. Have a great trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie View Post
hi, does anyone have an opinion on what the least desirable room locations are in the main bldg gf club level? anyone ever stay in a room they had a bad view/experience with in the main bldg? tia
My favorite view of an RPC room is of the main pool and the Poly. But with that said, that view might not be the best one at this time with the DVC construction going on. Other than that, I don't think there is a bad view at the GF, either in an outer building or the main building .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
Hi everyone. I have a quick CL question. Last time we stayed CL at WL it was cause they upgraded us when we checked in so all my ADR were done already. I'm right on the phone first thing 180 days out so we get all the sign places we r used to. should i use the CL service to have them do the bookings for me or will it be better to do them myself as usual? do they do them first thing as i would be doing or is it when they kinda get to it? i don't want to miss out on the places we r used to eating at especially since this trip will be with my parents and a very good friend and his wife so we really want ot make sure this is a great trip! eating at disney in our fav places is one of the best part of all our trips.

just wondering about this from the experienced ones out there!

thanks!

jim
It's really a matter of personal preference whether or not to use IPO. I have never used IPO for any of our CL stays as making my own ADRs is part of the fun for me . But with that said, if you give IPO your information, I think they do their best to get your ADRs at the 180 day mark .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #392
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
Hi everyone. I have a quick CL question. Last time we stayed CL at WL it was cause they upgraded us when we checked in so all my ADR were done already. I'm right on the phone first thing 180 days out so we get all the sign places we r used to. should i use the CL service to have them do the bookings for me or will it be better to do them myself as usual? do they do them first thing as i would be doing or is it when they kinda get to it? i don't want to miss out on the places we r used to eating at especially since this trip will be with my parents and a very good friend and his wife so we really want ot make sure this is a great trip! eating at disney in our fav places is one of the best part of all our trips.

just wondering about this from the experienced ones out there!

thanks!

jim
Our 180 day mark is coming up soon, and my wife is going to make ours on our own. We've always been able to get what we wanted, and if we couldn't, she's been able to move things around so that we could. You wouldn't really get that flexibility with IPO. If you're fine doing it yourself, I would continue to do so. Some people love being hands off and letting IPO do everything. But I don't think that would be you.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #393
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Checked in today---Poly CL...

Well, my impression so far is that the Poly CL is a step under BWI CL. Our room, on the first floor, has a nice patio area and a great view of the castle. The room seems a little dark and the bathroom needs a lighted make up mirror!!!

The CL lounge decoratively is light years behind the BWI which is my only CL frame of reference. There are no fresh flower arrangements or greenery of any kind and the furnishings are dull with age. We're going for snacks before heading over to the MNSSHP, so I have no opinion on the food offerings yet. The CM's so far have been pleasant--Barbie checked us in and but our room wasn't ready until 3:30. Not too awful of a delay and our bags were delivered promptly.

We did get a slight upgrade. I'd booked one MK view and 1 garden view and we have 2 MK view rooms.

We're here until Saturday--so I'll have more observations as the week proceeds.
I will say that the GK's (9,6 and 4) really like the resort and went for a ride on the monorail while we waited for our rooms. Who knew?? We didnt have to buy tickets---the monorail could entertain them for hours
Old 10-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #394
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
Well, my impression so far is that the Poly CL is a step under BWI CL. Our room, on the first floor, has a nice patio area and a great view of the castle. The room seems a little dark and the bathroom needs a lighted make up mirror!!!

The CL lounge decoratively is light years behind the BWI which is my only CL frame of reference. There are no fresh flower arrangements or greenery of any kind and the furnishings are dull with age. We're going for snacks before heading over to the MNSSHP, so I have no opinion on the food offerings yet. The CM's so far have been pleasant--Barbie checked us in and but our room wasn't ready until 3:30. Not too awful of a delay and our bags were delivered promptly.

We did get a slight upgrade. I'd booked one MK view and 1 garden view and we have 2 MK view rooms.

I will say that the GK's (9,6 and 4) really like the resort and went for a ride on the monorail while we waited for our rooms. Who knew?? We didnt have to buy tickets---the monorail could entertain them for hours
Thanks so much for the update! I know I'm sounding like a broken record on these boards, but we were hoping to book CL at Poly in January, and can't because they are planning on a refurb of the Hawaii building. Please let us know if you hear any rumors of a rehab delay! I asked the CMs in the CR CL lounge last weekend, but they didn't have any Poly news.

Hope you have a great trip!!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 10-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #395
yolie912
DIS Veteran

I have a quick question. Say I check out of WL CL.. Can I still enjoy snacks until my plane leaves that same day?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #396
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
I have a quick question. Say I check out of WL CL.. Can I still enjoy snacks until my plane leaves that same day?
Yes. You can still use the resort amenities until midnight on your check out day.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 10-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #397
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Just e-mailed the TA & we've pulled the trigger. Changed from a regular room at the Contemporary to club/concierge (still not sure which is the 'right' term) level @ Animal Kingdom.

Got a PIN last week, and it makes the AK about $500 less.
Shocked we went from regular to club level room & dropped in price, but I'm booking it before they change their minds.

Going for my husband's birthday - we've never done this before, so I'm hoping it will make his birthday a little extra special.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #398
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hello CandleontheWater! We just stayed CL at CR last weekend with our three boys, and I can share our experience, in case that's helpful. (We've also stayed CL at BC and BWI, but this was our first CR stay.)

First, we LOVED the club lounge at CR. The space was comfortable, the CMs were truly outstanding and very child-friendly and we think booking CL made a huge difference in our CR stay. It's so completely convenient with kids.

I thought the lounge was particularly child-friendly, in part because of the CMs, and in part because we were fortunate to be staying there with other very friendly guests (including other children.) The little TV in the corner featured Disney Junior or similar channels and was set up in front of a small table with little seats for the kids. Our 12- and 13-year-olds usually sat with us, but our 5-year-old liked to sit in the child seating area and make friends.

We did have a brief issue with our 5-year-old when we checked in and sat down for breakfast. He was a little too excited and yelled out at my husband. I took our 5-year-old out right away and he calmed down. He apologized to his dad and to the guest closest to him when he yelled, and she (the mom of two young kids) was as sweet as could be.

The CMs were always very friendly and great with all sorts of things, like printing out boarding passes and giving us tips for MNSSHP! They were some of the most friendly and interactive CL CMs we've met so far. They engaged with our kids and the entire stay was really comfortable.

Our room was VERY close to the lounge - 4812, I think. Just across the elevator bank from the lounge with a Bay Lake View. We thought everything was relatively close and the floor wasn't too spread out, but you could contact IPO and let them know you'd like to request a room close to the lounge. (And a room with a tub in the bathroom.) We didn't make any requests with IPO for CR, but we've done that in the past for BC and BWI. I know you can also call CRO, but I've done this with IPO in the past and it's always worked out.

As for the lounge, it's technically open 24 hours because there aren't any doors on it. And the refrigerator with juice boxes, sodas, etc. is there and open at all times. But they don't restock it after 10pm, so one of the CMs suggested that we take whatever we wanted back to our room for post-10pm. Last weekend, we did a split stay with BC, and took a cab over to CR at 6:30am. The lounge was open and serving guests at that time. The official breakfast hours begin at 7am, but coffee starts at 6:30am and I think they had everything out a few minutes early.

As for wine/beer in the afternoon, we took the same kind of break that you mentioned. My husband requested a glass of wine for me in the afternoon around 4pm, and that was no problem. We could also take a glass of wine or beer back to our room at any time.

I hope you love it as much as we did! We would definitely return to CR for part of a split stay, but I don't think we'd book there without CL - that added so much to the stay. It was so convenient and made the resort feel much more cozy and personal. Would have been less convenient to go down to the main concourse for meals, snacks, etc.
Thank you so much for this info! It is so helpful and is making me EVEN MORE exciting about our upcoming trip!

The IPO just reached out to us, so I'll be sure to note to them about proximity to the lounge and the tub, so thanks for the advice!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #399
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

I emailed AKL CL IPA yesterday, just thought I'd post this in case it helps someone else....For the Wednesday Wine & Cheese hr @ Jiko, you have to call them because they need to secure the reservation w/a credit card # and of course, its safer to call that in than email it to them.

And they can't book you for the new DVC Sundown Mingle, you have to call DVC.

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #400
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac

Our 180 day mark is coming up soon, and my wife is going to make ours on our own. We've always been able to get what we wanted, and if we couldn't, she's been able to move things around so that we could. You wouldn't really get that flexibility with IPO. If you're fine doing it yourself, I would continue to do so. Some people love being hands off and letting IPO do everything. But I don't think that would be you.
Thanks for that! I think I am esp since we are a large group this time. 8 adults and 3 kiddos we might have to be more flex. Usually it's just my family or mine and my parents.
Hopefully we won't have any problems with a 11 head count.

Jimi
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #401
francie
Mouseketeer

thank you, mickeynut1.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #402
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post

I'm sorry your stay hasn't started out too well as far as CL goes, but I hope you still have a magical trip and are able to enjoy the Poly. Congrats on the upgrade .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
Just e-mailed the TA & we've pulled the trigger. Changed from a regular room at the Contemporary to club/concierge (still not sure which is the 'right' term) level @ Animal Kingdom.

Got a PIN last week, and it makes the AK about $500 less.
Shocked we went from regular to club level room & dropped in price, but I'm booking it before they change their minds.

Going for my husband's birthday - we've never done this before, so I'm hoping it will make his birthday a little extra special.
Congrats on switching to AKL CL and coming out $500 ahead . AKL is a great deluxe resort and is quite a bit cheaper than the other deluxes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie View Post
thank you, mickeynut1.
You're welcome .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #403
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
I emailed AKL CL IPA yesterday, just thought I'd post this in case it helps someone else....For the Wednesday Wine & Cheese hr @ Jiko, you have to call them because they need to secure the reservation w/a credit card # and of course, its safer to call that in than email it to them.

And they can't book you for the new DVC Sundown Mingle, you have to call DVC.
Sorry for being off topic for this thread, but what is the Sundown Mingle? Haven't heard of that one.

We had first contact from the AKL IPO over the weekend, and it was a very detailed email/questionnaire. Much more detailed than any of our previous club stays.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #404
nemofans
DIS Veteran

We just got back from at 10 day stay at AKL CL! We were in room 4515 w/a great view of the savannah. It was our 2nd stay at AKL, but our 1st CL stay there. The food offerings were fine. We only got to try the evening appetizers one night. I liked that there was some variety each night for desserts. Wish there was more variety for breakfast though. We got bored of the same food w/a 10 day stay. The kids table w/snacks was a nice touch. The lounge would get crowded around 9 am, otherwise it was fairly open.
We did the sunrise safari which was really cool. We really enjoyed the safari & learned so much about the safari & the animals. The breakfast buffet was yummy too, the best scrambled eggs I have had & loved the cinnamon french toast sticks!
I also loved that CL CMs had checked us in for our flight thru SWA. I had forgotten to, but our boarding passes were at our door the morning our our departure.
We want to try Yacht Club for our next trip, but we will definitely stay AKL CL again.

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 30 out of 85
Old 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #405
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
We just got back from at 10 day stay at AKL CL! We were in room 4515 w/a great view of the savannah. It was our 2nd stay at AKL, but our 1st CL stay there. The food offerings were fine. We only got to try the evening appetizers one night. I liked that there was some variety each night for desserts. Wish there was more variety for breakfast though. We got bored of the same food w/a 10 day stay. The kids table w/snacks was a nice touch. The lounge would get crowded around 9 am, otherwise it was fairly open.
We did the sunrise safari which was really cool. We really enjoyed the safari & learned so much about the safari & the animals. The breakfast buffet was yummy too, the best scrambled eggs I have had & loved the cinnamon french toast sticks!
I also loved that CL CMs had checked us in for our flight thru SWA. I had forgotten to, but our boarding passes were at our door the morning our our departure.
We want to try Yacht Club for our next trip, but we will definitely stay AKL CL again.
I totally agree about breakfast! My husband and kids love breakfast food, so I always try to add a few breakfast ADRs so they can get eggs&bacon, pancakes, etc at least a couple of times to break up the monotony of the concierge offerings. You will love YC CL, they have a great group of CMs working there.

Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 * Boardwalk Inn 2013, 2006, 1998 * Boardwalk Villas 2014, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Villas 2012, 2011, 2008 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008 * Beach Club Villas 2014, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Wilderness Lodge 2004 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2011, 2004 * Saratoga Springs 2007
Up next, LIVE from the BWV - June 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: