Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #3211
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
I did use a tray one night, carrying a glass of wine for DH and coffee for me, as well as some dessert. But the distance was a pain.

I wasn't fond of the room itself -- compared to other deluxe resorts, the rooms are very small and the fact that the furniture is heavy and dark doesn't help. With five people (two adults and kids 8, 4 and 2) we felt pretty cramped.

However, the room view was amazing. I can't begin to say enough about it. I posted elsewhere that I expected to see a few animals wandering around at a distance, but the animals were quite close and there were tons of them. At one point I counted eight different kinds of animals (and several of many of those) all wandering the savannah at the same time. We all loved it.
Thanks for the review!!! We hope to try AKL CL sometime!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #3212
TJA
DIS Veteran

Well now I'm turning a complete 360 and have my sights set on GF RPC. This one wasn't even on my radar, so I'm not bothering to tell DH until I'm about to make the actual reservation. In an effort to help me decide, I've been reading this thread and the GF thread and I have a question that I need clarified. My hold-back on booking AKL CL is that our room would be on a different floor than the lounge, which would seem to be a terrible inconvenience (especially with young kids...). Is there a chance this could happen at GF RPC? I am thinking to book a TPV room, if that makes a difference. It's funny but we didn't mind being on the first floor TPV at Poly, but we were right near the stairs that led up to the lounge, so it was not a big deal to us. Thanks.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #3213
DisneyDoogie
Mouseketeer

TJA,
The RPC lounge is on the 4th floor of the main building at the GF. There are rooms on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors. I see that you have young kids, so you won't likely be on the 2nd floor (the rooms there are the king deluxe rooms and only sleep three). The 5th floor rooms are mostly, if not all, suites. If you have a TPV, you will be at the end of the main building, directly over Gasparilla's so, you'll have a walk to the lounge, but it's not a long walk. If you are on the 3rd floor, you'll have to walk to an elevator, take the elevator to the 4th floor, and then walk to the lounge. Or, if you're on the 3rd floor, you'll have to walk to the stairs, and take the stairs up to the 4th floor. My family has stayed on the 3rd floor before and we always took the elevator since we brought food back to our room. We've stayed 4th floor many times and it is much more convenient - no elevator, no stairs, just a walk to the lounge and that walk is no big deal. One of the advantages of staying on the 3rd floor, however, is that you would have more convenient access to the CMs, because their desks are on the 3rd floor. But, my family would be happy in any RPC room!! Enjoy RPC!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #3214
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
Well now I'm turning a complete 360 and have my sights set on GF RPC. This one wasn't even on my radar, so I'm not bothering to tell DH until I'm about to make the actual reservation. In an effort to help me decide, I've been reading this thread and the GF thread and I have a question that I need clarified. My hold-back on booking AKL CL is that our room would be on a different floor than the lounge, which would seem to be a terrible inconvenience (especially with young kids...). Is there a chance this could happen at GF RPC? I am thinking to book a TPV room, if that makes a difference. It's funny but we didn't mind being on the first floor TPV at Poly, but we were right near the stairs that led up to the lounge, so it was not a big deal to us. Thanks.
I know what you mean and I have been thinking about this regarding our stay at BCR CL this Fall. When we went a couple years ago we were supposed to stay Lagoon View CL. We didn't make any room requests. They upgraded us to a deluxe room on a different floor. We had a very long walk to the lounge (probably 10 minutes). So, it wasn't convenient at all. But, the room and the space was wonderful so I'm not complaining! I think I'd be okay with a different floor if it was a short distance and convenient.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #3215
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

I posted this on the Boardwalk thread & wanted to post here for more input. TIA!!

Hi! I need some help from BW experts! We stayed at the BWI a few times when it first opened. I liked the look & feel of the resort, but not a fan of the pool. Now we're almost always at YC, club level. However, I've been interested in trying the Innkeepers Club. There is a great AP rate on the Cottage Suites during our May dates. I'm thinking of changing our last 2 nights to stay there. The rooms look so lovely!

So it will be just my DH & I. We're mid- late 50's, do parks at rope drop then spend the afternoon napping or swimming & have a nice signature restaurant dinner.

Any input to help me make a decision?? I think my biggest concern is the lounge. I know we'll have to head outside & up to the Innkeepers Club for food service. Is there enough room there to sit & have our breakfast? (We never mind a trip back to out room with our food at YC, but just spent a 2 night stay @BC. Between the tiny lounge & the hike to our "end- of- the -world" room, we were not thrilled to have to carry our plates to room.) I can't imagine we'd be too happy to get all the way up to the lounge & have no where to sit & eat. And I sure don't want to carry a bagel & coffee all the way back to the cottage! Also our flight the last day is not til 8 PM, so we may want to relax in the lounge that afternoon before our pick up.

The days we'd be @ BW will be spent @ Epcot or the Studios, so no transportation issues involved in our decision. So, talk me into it!!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #3216
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoogie View Post
TJA,
The RPC lounge is on the 4th floor of the main building at the GF. There are rooms on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors. I see that you have young kids, so you won't likely be on the 2nd floor (the rooms there are the king deluxe rooms and only sleep three). The 5th floor rooms are mostly, if not all, suites. If you have a TPV, you will be at the end of the main building, directly over Gasparilla's so, you'll have a walk to the lounge, but it's not a long walk. If you are on the 3rd floor, you'll have to walk to an elevator, take the elevator to the 4th floor, and then walk to the lounge. Or, if you're on the 3rd floor, you'll have to walk to the stairs, and take the stairs up to the 4th floor. My family has stayed on the 3rd floor before and we always took the elevator since we brought food back to our room. We've stayed 4th floor many times and it is much more convenient - no elevator, no stairs, just a walk to the lounge and that walk is no big deal. One of the advantages of staying on the 3rd floor, however, is that you would have more convenient access to the CMs, because their desks are on the 3rd floor. But, my family would be happy in any RPC room!! Enjoy RPC!
Thanks you for the great information. I do think we'd prefer being on the same floor as the lounge -- I would most likely request that. I know we'll enjoy it either way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
I know what you mean and I have been thinking about this regarding our stay at BCR CL this Fall. When we went a couple years ago we were supposed to stay Lagoon View CL. We didn't make any room requests. They upgraded us to a deluxe room on a different floor. We had a very long walk to the lounge (probably 10 minutes). So, it wasn't convenient at all. But, the room and the space was wonderful so I'm not complaining! I think I'd be okay with a different floor if it was a short distance and convenient.
That would be a tough call regarding the BC upgrade being that it put you on a different floor! We stayed in a BC CL lagoon view room and it was very nice. You should try booking it again for next time!
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
Old 01-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #3217
AddictedtoDoleWhip
Mouseketeer

I have a question, I'm staying at AKL Club Level for the first time, and my mom and I are basically arriving to MCO at 5:30 am. Is the check in time different for CL people compared to those who are not staying club level? I read somewhere that sometimes check in is at 11 for CL guests? That would be wonderful if true.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #3218
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoDoleWhip View Post
I have a question, I'm staying at AKL Club Level for the first time, and my mom and I are basically arriving to MCO at 5:30 am. Is the check in time different for CL people compared to those who are not staying club level? I read somewhere that sometimes check in is at 11 for CL guests? That would be wonderful if true.
I do not believe that there is a different check in time for CL guests, but you can certainly alert IPO of your arrival time and I'm sure they'd try to have a room ready but of course, it's not guaranteed.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #3219
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
We've never stayed AKL CL, but I wanted to say that RPC is amazing!!! AKL CL is one we are hoping to try, although the CL rooms being on a different floor than the lounge is a concern of mine too. With that said, I won't go into detail about room locations as the pp gave a good description, but I agree to put in a request for 4th floor; however, being on a different floor really isn't bad, IMO. You might have a little bit of a walk, but nothing that has you walking forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoDoleWhip View Post
I believe the CL CM hours are 7am-10pm daily. During those hours, CL guests are usually taken up to the lounge or to their room to check in rather than checking in at the front desk. However, if the resort is very busy and a CL CM is not available, sometimes you will check in at the front desk. Also, if you arrive outside of the CL CMs hours, you will check in at the front desk rather than in the lounge or in your room. With that said, check out for guests is 11 am, but I have never heard of an 11 am check in for CL guests.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 01-25-2014, 10:09 AM   #3220
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Any input to help me make a decision?? I think my biggest concern is the lounge. I know we'll have to head outside & up to the Innkeepers Club for food service. Is there enough room there to sit & have our breakfast? (We never mind a trip back to out room with our food at YC, but just spent a 2 night stay @BC. Between the tiny lounge & the hike to our "end- of- the -world" room, we were not thrilled to have to carry our plates to room.) I can't imagine we'd be too happy to get all the way up to the lounge & have no where to sit & eat. And I sure don't want to carry a bagel & coffee all the way back to the cottage! Also our flight the last day is not til 8 PM, so we may want to relax in the lounge that afternoon before our pick up.
We were there for 4 days during NYE week. Mornings are busy, but not impossible. We had 5 people and usually got a seat, if not, there is a little table and chairs setup outside the lounge, near the hallway, that was convenient. With 2 people, I don't think you should have a problem.

Afternoons were dead. Lots of seats. We stayed there for a couple hours before our ME express pickup and it was very convenient.

Cocktail hour was busy, but not as much as breakfast.

There was also a family staying in the Steeplechase Suite the week we were there. The grandmother of the bunch would bring the room tray to the lounge, load it up, and leave. Then the entire family (staying in various other rooms) would meet for cocktails every evening. We still got seats, so you should be fine.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #3221
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

The hours posted in our room at WL CL were 7AM - 10PM for CL CM to be on duty. We were told they usually have the rooms ready for guests arriving early if needed, but if not all luggage is taken care of and you can enjoy the lounge and resort or head off to the parks if desired with no worries.

Side note: We arrived around 4 and were met right off of ME and taken upstairs. Our luggage was in the room when we returned home form dinner at Chef Mickey's that evening.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #3222
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

BWI CL V. YC CL

I've been going back and forth on these two resorts for our split stay in march. I can get an attractive rate for either with the annual pass discount. We haven't stayed at either of these in recent years so any information would be helpful. We are splitting up our stay and doing hollywood studios and epcot on the days we stay at one of these resorts then we are moving on to BLT. So we do want an epcot cl resort.

We did bc cl last april and weren't thrilled. we'd like to try something else and besides its booked for our dates with the annual pass discount i believe.

so it will just me myself and our 4 year old. because we didn't love BC cl I hesitate to try YC cl but we have dining reservations over there and i don't think we'll be eating on the boardwalk except qs. how easy is it to get from bwi to bc or yc? what are the pros and cons of each in your opinion? we are currently booked at yc cl std view.

2015 June 6 days akv- club level March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 3 days Grand Floridian Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
Old 01-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #3223
parith1114
DIS Veteran

? from a CL newbie. We are staying in June at the BC, and I wanted to do something fun for the kids one day. Is there anyway that someone could take random pictures around our resort to make a sort of scavenger hunt for the kids one day. I realize this isn't exactly a small request and don't won't to insult anyone if it's way over the line. Any other ideas that my be fun???

New Year's 96 First trip to Disney off site

04/2001 - - off site 03/2003 - - off site
04/2004 - - off site 04/2005 - - off site
05/2006 - - POR 09/2006 - - ASSports
09/2007 - - WL 09/2008 - - POP
12/2009 - - POP 09/2011 - - AsMu
06/2012 - - off site 11/2012 - - POP
12/2012 - - AoA 1/2013 - - CSR
6/2014 - - YC/CBR 9/2014 - - CSR
Old 01-25-2014, 07:26 PM   #3224
focusondisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post
We were there for 4 days during NYE week. Mornings are busy, but not impossible. We had 5 people and usually got a seat, if not, there is a little table and chairs setup outside the lounge, near the hallway, that was convenient. With 2 people, I don't think you should have a problem.

Afternoons were dead. Lots of seats. We stayed there for a couple hours before our ME express pickup and it was very convenient.

Cocktail hour was busy, but not as much as breakfast.

There was also a family staying in the Steeplechase Suite the week we were there. The grandmother of the bunch would bring the room tray to the lounge, load it up, and leave. Then the entire family (staying in various other rooms) would meet for cocktails every evening. We still got seats, so you should be fine.

Thanks so much for your help! Really want to try those cottages!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #3225
focusondisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519 View Post
BWI CL V. YC CL

I've been going back and forth on these two resorts for our split stay in march. I can get an attractive rate for either with the annual pass discount. We haven't stayed at either of these in recent years so any information would be helpful. We are splitting up our stay and doing hollywood studios and epcot on the days we stay at one of these resorts then we are moving on to BLT. So we do want an epcot cl resort.

We did bc cl last april and weren't thrilled. we'd like to try something else and besides its booked for our dates with the annual pass discount i believe.

so it will just me myself and our 4 year old. because we didn't love BC cl I hesitate to try YC cl but we have dining reservations over there and i don't think we'll be eating on the boardwalk except qs. how easy is it to get from bwi to bc or yc? what are the pros and cons of each in your opinion? we are currently booked at yc cl std view.

I can't comment on club level at the BWI as I haven't tried it yet. But we have stayed @YC club level many times & were just at BC's club level 2 weeks ago. The food offerings are pretty mush the same at both. The lounge @ YC seems to have a little more room. And although there are some rooms that are a little walk away from the lounge, I thought the rooms at BC were much further away. I never mind one of the further away rooms @ YC, but the walk from the lounge to our room @ BC was ridiculous.

The walk from the BW to the YC isn't too bad, about 10 minutes maybe. The boat heading to the studios from BW goes right to the YC, so you could take that if you don't feel like walking. It usually seems quicker to walk past Jelly Rolls & over the bridge near Swan & Dolphin when we go from YC to the BW, instead of going past the BC.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: