Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #3196
Eastern
DIS Veteran
 
Eastern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfor5 View Post
Anyone have a recent BWI Innkeeper's Club nightly menu?
I can tell you what we had recently on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night stay.

I think the first night was meatballs and chicken skewers.

Next night was cubed pork in a pepper sauce and chicken durban maybe?

Last night was vegetable quesadillas and some type of chicken (I think).

Each night they also served 2 salads, like a bread salad (on 2 or 3 nights) and chickpea salad (2 nights), some kind of couscous salad, and a vegetable tray, along with cheese and crackers.

The food was provided by Kouzzina. I thought it was just ok. They replenished it as needed. Most people drank rather than ate, from what I saw.
Eastern is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 05:50 AM   #3197
travelgoddess
DIS Veteran
 
travelgoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Tecumseh, michigan
Posts: 695

Smile Just booked CR atrium club......

For October 24th for 8nts....and I'm sooo excited. In 2012 we stayed at BC Club(Our first time booking club level) now we're both totally hooked. It's just me and my DH. BC loung was small, but I did like that they had boiled eggs during breakfast. Does anyone know if CR does? Or does anyone have CR menus? Seems like the Contemporary Club level is the least discussed here? I just love the giant toaster hotel!! lol.
__________________
Villas at Disney Institute 1999
Coronado Springs 2000
Contemporary Resort 2001
Boardwalk Inn 2002
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
Wilderness Lodge 2006
Caribbean Beach Resort 2008
Port Orleans Riverside 2011

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW!!!!
travelgoddess is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #3198
Heard02
Mouseketeer
 
Heard02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Jenks, OK
Posts: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgoddess View Post
For October 24th for 8nts....and I'm sooo excited. In 2012 we stayed at BC Club(Our first time booking club level) now we're both totally hooked. It's just me and my DH. BC loung was small, but I did like that they had boiled eggs during breakfast. Does anyone know if CR does? Or does anyone have CR menus? Seems like the Contemporary Club level is the least discussed here? I just love the giant toaster hotel!! lol.
Interested in hearing this as well, we've booked a 6ni stay in October atrium club too. (Our first time club level at this property)
We stayed bc club level this last October and the lounge was cram packed. Makes me sad, because we've done this for years and our experience wasn't that good this last time.
__________________
--Contemporary Dec96//Port Orleans Dec99//DCL Wonder Dec99//Coronado Springs Oct02//DCL Wonder May04//Animal Kingdom Lodge May04//Grand Floridian Sep05//DCL Wonder Oct07//Polynesian Oct 07//DCL Wonder Jul08///Grand Floridian Oct08//Coronado Springs Nov08//DCL Wonder Dec08//Boardwalk Inn Sep09///Grand Floridian Oct09/DCL Magic Oct09//Boardwalk Inn Oct09//Villas at Wilderness Lodge Apr10//Boardwalk Inn Oct10//DCL Wonder Nov10//DCL Wonder May11//DCL Dream Oct11//Polynesian Oct11//DCL Dream Apr12//Art of Animation and Beach Club Oct12//DCL Magic Nov12//Pop Century Jul13//Beach Club Oct13//DCL Fantasy Nov13//Wilderness Lodge Mar14//DCL Fantasy May14--Contemporary Oct14
Heard02 is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #3199
Heard02
Mouseketeer
 
Heard02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Jenks, OK
Posts: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandee23 View Post
We just booked Beach Club for Club level for 5. They said they can't guarantee a day bed. How can they have 5 in a room with out having a daybed? Are the daybeds comfortable?

Are the club level rooms on the same floor as the lounge?

What is the club level like...Is it crowded? Does it have a view of the fireworks? And is there a balcony outside to watch the fireworks?

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks!!!
Stayed this past October bc club and the lounge service was terrible. Over crowded, very limited offerings, slow to clean, staff seemed too busy to help.

The room was nice and did have a day bed. (We were party of 2adt/1chd). Our daughter loved the day bed (She's 8) and liked that over the bed. Haha.

Hope you have better luck. Stayed here the last 3 years CL and had no issues.....this time was just bad.
__________________
--Contemporary Dec96//Port Orleans Dec99//DCL Wonder Dec99//Coronado Springs Oct02//DCL Wonder May04//Animal Kingdom Lodge May04//Grand Floridian Sep05//DCL Wonder Oct07//Polynesian Oct 07//DCL Wonder Jul08///Grand Floridian Oct08//Coronado Springs Nov08//DCL Wonder Dec08//Boardwalk Inn Sep09///Grand Floridian Oct09/DCL Magic Oct09//Boardwalk Inn Oct09//Villas at Wilderness Lodge Apr10//Boardwalk Inn Oct10//DCL Wonder Nov10//DCL Wonder May11//DCL Dream Oct11//Polynesian Oct11//DCL Dream Apr12//Art of Animation and Beach Club Oct12//DCL Magic Nov12//Pop Century Jul13//Beach Club Oct13//DCL Fantasy Nov13//Wilderness Lodge Mar14//DCL Fantasy May14--Contemporary Oct14
Heard02 is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #3200
cleighc
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgoddess View Post
For October 24th for 8nts....and I'm sooo excited. In 2012 we stayed at BC Club(Our first time booking club level) now we're both totally hooked. It's just me and my DH. BC loung was small, but I did like that they had boiled eggs during breakfast. Does anyone know if CR does? Or does anyone have CR menus? Seems like the Contemporary Club level is the least discussed here? I just love the giant toaster hotel!! lol.
Stay Atrium club level in Dec 2013. They did not have hard boiled eggs. Not much in they way of protein available for breakfast. They did have yogurt and milk however. Other breakfast items included: croissants, danishes, melon, pineapple, several types of cereal, toast, bagels, oatmeal, coffee and juices. It was pretty much the same everyday for breakfast(we were there 10 days)
cleighc is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #3201
rsschneck
DIS Party Bus Queen
 
rsschneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleighc View Post
Stay Atrium club level in Dec 2013. They did not have hard boiled eggs. Not much in they way of protein available for breakfast. They did have yogurt and milk however. Other breakfast items included: croissants, danishes, melon, pineapple, several types of cereal, toast, bagels, oatmeal, coffee and juices. It was pretty much the same everyday for breakfast(we were there 10 days)
were you there during the Christmas Holidays? If so, did they have anything special for Christmas Eve and Christmas (especially during the 5-7 happy hour time slot).
__________________
DISparty Bus! Let the good times roll!



rsschneck is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #3202
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,292

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurEm378 View Post
Hi everyone! I apologize if I'm asking something that's been covered before -- I'm diligently reading this thread but I'm only on page 89 so far

I have a standard room + tickets booked at YC through WDW for 5/14-5/17/14; the next 3 nights I've booked through hotels.com, a CL Poly GV. I feel a little anxious about not having booked these nights through WDW directly, but CL through hotels.com was $549 (w/tax) per night, whereas a standard room at the Poly through WDW was $599/night.

Nervous about Poly construction but CR is completely sold out, and I'm not going to feel sorry for myself if I'm staying CL, no matter how bad the refurb is.

My question is: How will my CL experience change since I booked through hotels.com instead of directly through WDW, and specifically, will I be able to have contact with the IPO? I should receive my Disney confirmation # to link this to MDE within the next couple days. I've made all my ADRs, and most of them happen while I'm at YC. I would, however, like to communicate with IPO about room location and maybe a few other little things if possible.

Again, my apologies if this has been covered before. I've seen a few people on this thread casually mention they booked CL through a third-party, and they don't mention having had any problems, but I'm not sure how you have IPO contact if the third-party technically "owns" the reservation and Disney isn't supposed to take your questions, requests, etc. Thanks for any help, and thanks for this super-informative thread! I'm excited!
Did they give you a Disney reservation number? If so, I would just email or call the IPO from the info on the first page and just go from there. I haven't seen too many people book from third parties like you said, so it might be tough getting an answer here! I think you got a good deal! Enjoy your trip! .
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming DCL Fantasy/BLT Oct'14, BWV Dec'14
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #3203
LaurEm378
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Did they give you a Disney reservation number? If so, I would just email or call the IPO from the info on the first page and just go from there. I haven't seen too many people book from third parties like you said, so it might be tough getting an answer here! I think you got a good deal! Enjoy your trip! .
Thanks for replying, psac! I juuuust got my Disney reservation number from Hotels.com, and had no problem linking it to my existing MDE profile. Also, I emailed the IPO at the Poly and they replied that I'm all set, they can see me in the system, and I'll be entitled to the same CL services as anybody who booked through WDW. So...looks like I did get a good deal, refurb or no refurb! I'm amazed! Many thanks, and I'm enjoying reading these posts to know what I can expect!
LaurEm378 is offline  
Old 01-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #3204
Anonomom
DIS Veteran
 
Anonomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 522

Just got back from a four-night stay at AKL CL. Before the trip, I spent hours trolling this thread for information so I figured I'd give some updated info about the lounge and its offerings in case anyone else is looking for it. I hope someone finds it useful. :-)

Rooms: CL rooms are on the 4th floor (and possibly 6th, considering the amount of people who looked like they were coming straight from the 6th floor DVC rooms into the lounge); lounge is on the sixth. This was kind of a pain especially since the lounge was very crowded. Most days we had to take our snacks down to the room because all of the tables were full.

Club Offerings: We were pretty impressed by the food offerings in the lounge; they were much more plentiful that what we had in the YC last month.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Quinoa (with toppings of brown sugar, granola and what seemed to be millet), chocolate chip muffins, blueberry muffins, one other kind of muffin that was either chocolate chip bran or double chocolate, cinnamon rolls, apple danish, croissants, bagels, cereal, Dannon Light & Fit, fruit salad and blueberries. The offering were exactly the same every day, unlike at the CR and YC where the type of muffin and danish changed every day. They had regular brewed coffee plus the nespresso machine, and OJ, Pineapple juice and jungle juice.

Snacks: We were only in the lounge at snacktime once, but they had goldfish, gummy bears, potato chips, cookies, homemade granola bars, spiced nuts, yogurt pretzels and trail mix. Coolers had Jungle Juice, lemonade, unsweet tea and water.

Tea: Scones with jam and cream, brownies and rice crispie treats. And an assortment of hot teas.

Appetizers: Huge variety here: Lavash with three kinds of hummus; black and green olives; fresh veggies, 3 hot appetizers (different ones each day; all were delicious), kid station with apples/caramel , and a rotating variety of snacks: corn dogs, ham and cheese roll ups, ants on a log, PB &J (which I think were just uncrustables cut into quarters).

Dessert: Cookies, brownies, rice crispie treats and a rotating selection of three small desserts. I remember fruit tarts, cheesecake, chocolate raspberry truffles and a variety of creamy things served in shot-sized glasses. Desserts were unlabeled, so you never knew what you were getting until you ate it.

Mimosas were available upon request, presumably all day long though I only had them in the evenings. They had wine and beer, too, but I didn't drink either so I can't speak to what kind it was.

CL desk staff was friendly but disinterested. The lounge staff worked really hard, constantly checking in to remove dirty plates and/or offer help and mimosas.

Anyway, hope this helps someone!
Anonomom is offline  
Old 01-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #3205
jrj
always looking forward to our next trip to DA WORLD!
 
jrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Dallas, Texas
Posts: 186

Hi Anonomom

Thanks much for the update...helps tremendously...

Can you please shed light regarding how the CL staff seemed disinterested?

Do you have pictures of the CL lounge and your CL room?

Thanks much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
Just got back from a four-night stay at AKL CL. Before the trip, I spent hours trolling this thread for information so I figured I'd give some updated info about the lounge and its offerings in case anyone else is looking for it. I hope someone finds it useful. :-)

Rooms: CL rooms are on the 4th floor (and possibly 6th, considering the amount of people who looked like they were coming straight from the 6th floor DVC rooms into the lounge); lounge is on the sixth. This was kind of a pain especially since the lounge was very crowded. Most days we had to take our snacks down to the room because all of the tables were full.

Club Offerings: We were pretty impressed by the food offerings in the lounge; they were much more plentiful that what we had in the YC last month.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Quinoa (with toppings of brown sugar, granola and what seemed to be millet), chocolate chip muffins, blueberry muffins, one other kind of muffin that was either chocolate chip bran or double chocolate, cinnamon rolls, apple danish, croissants, bagels, cereal, Dannon Light & Fit, fruit salad and blueberries. The offering were exactly the same every day, unlike at the CR and YC where the type of muffin and danish changed every day. They had regular brewed coffee plus the nespresso machine, and OJ, Pineapple juice and jungle juice.

Snacks: We were only in the lounge at snacktime once, but they had goldfish, gummy bears, potato chips, cookies, homemade granola bars, spiced nuts, yogurt pretzels and trail mix. Coolers had Jungle Juice, lemonade, unsweet tea and water.

Tea: Scones with jam and cream, brownies and rice crispie treats. And an assortment of hot teas.

Appetizers: Huge variety here: Lavash with three kinds of hummus; black and green olives; fresh veggies, 3 hot appetizers (different ones each day; all were delicious), kid station with apples/caramel , and a rotating variety of snacks: corn dogs, ham and cheese roll ups, ants on a log, PB &J (which I think were just uncrustables cut into quarters).

Dessert: Cookies, brownies, rice crispie treats and a rotating selection of three small desserts. I remember fruit tarts, cheesecake, chocolate raspberry truffles and a variety of creamy things served in shot-sized glasses. Desserts were unlabeled, so you never knew what you were getting until you ate it.

Mimosas were available upon request, presumably all day long though I only had them in the evenings. They had wine and beer, too, but I didn't drink either so I can't speak to what kind it was.

CL desk staff was friendly but disinterested. The lounge staff worked really hard, constantly checking in to remove dirty plates and/or offer help and mimosas.

Anyway, hope this helps someone!
__________________


jrj is offline  
Old 01-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #3206
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
Just got back from a four-night stay at AKL CL. Before the trip, I spent hours trolling this thread for information so I figured I'd give some updated info about the lounge and its offerings in case anyone else is looking for it. I hope someone finds it useful. :-)

Rooms: CL rooms are on the 4th floor (and possibly 6th, considering the amount of people who looked like they were coming straight from the 6th floor DVC rooms into the lounge); lounge is on the sixth. This was kind of a pain especially since the lounge was very crowded. Most days we had to take our snacks down to the room because all of the tables were full.

Club Offerings: We were pretty impressed by the food offerings in the lounge; they were much more plentiful that what we had in the YC last month.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Quinoa (with toppings of brown sugar, granola and what seemed to be millet), chocolate chip muffins, blueberry muffins, one other kind of muffin that was either chocolate chip bran or double chocolate, cinnamon rolls, apple danish, croissants, bagels, cereal, Dannon Light & Fit, fruit salad and blueberries. The offering were exactly the same every day, unlike at the CR and YC where the type of muffin and danish changed every day. They had regular brewed coffee plus the nespresso machine, and OJ, Pineapple juice and jungle juice.

Snacks: We were only in the lounge at snacktime once, but they had goldfish, gummy bears, potato chips, cookies, homemade granola bars, spiced nuts, yogurt pretzels and trail mix. Coolers had Jungle Juice, lemonade, unsweet tea and water.

Tea: Scones with jam and cream, brownies and rice crispie treats. And an assortment of hot teas.

Appetizers: Huge variety here: Lavash with three kinds of hummus; black and green olives; fresh veggies, 3 hot appetizers (different ones each day; all were delicious), kid station with apples/caramel , and a rotating variety of snacks: corn dogs, ham and cheese roll ups, ants on a log, PB &J (which I think were just uncrustables cut into quarters).

Dessert: Cookies, brownies, rice crispie treats and a rotating selection of three small desserts. I remember fruit tarts, cheesecake, chocolate raspberry truffles and a variety of creamy things served in shot-sized glasses. Desserts were unlabeled, so you never knew what you were getting until you ate it.

Mimosas were available upon request, presumably all day long though I only had them in the evenings. They had wine and beer, too, but I didn't drink either so I can't speak to what kind it was.

CL desk staff was friendly but disinterested. The lounge staff worked really hard, constantly checking in to remove dirty plates and/or offer help and mimosas.

Anyway, hope this helps someone!
Thanks for your review. It sounds like the food offerings are pretty plentiful. AKL CL is on our list of club levels to try and we're hoping to try it sometime this year.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 01-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #3207
Anonomom
DIS Veteran
 
Anonomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj View Post
Hi Anonomom

Thanks much for the update...helps tremendously...

Can you please shed light regarding how the CL staff seemed disinterested?

Do you have pictures of the CL lounge and your CL room?

Thanks much...

When I say "disinterested," I think I am comparing the staff to the ones at the YC. When we'd get off the elevator at the YC, we were greeted by name. They'd ask how our day was and chat a little bit. One CM even remembered the kind of pin my daughter was collecting and had one waiting at the desk for her. Basically, we felt like very welcome guests at the YC.

At AKL, the CMs would look up and smile, maybe say hello but nothing else. We were never once greeted by name and the few times I started to talk to the CMs I got polite but closed-ended responses. They were perfectly polite and helpful (I saw one CM sit for over half an hour with a guest, walking her through FP+), just not as welcoming and friendly as the staff at other resorts. Certainly not something I'd ever consider complaining to Disney about.

I didn't take photos of the lounge or the room, sorry. The decor in the lounge definitely grew on me. It's on the top floor of the resort, so it has the thatched-looking roof. It's quite dark in there early in the morning because they depend on natural light, but there's a ton of detail everywhere you look.
Anonomom is offline  
Old 01-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #3208
TJA
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 3,807

Anonomom your post was extremely helpful - thank you. What concerns me is the lounge being on a different floor than our room would be. I think it would become a chore going back and forth -- would you get a tray and carry snacks and drinks back to your room that way? I'm just trying to picture how we'd handle it. The food you described sounds wonderful, though. How did you enjoy your room and the view from your room?
__________________
2003 ~ AKL
2004 ~ CR & Poly
2005 ~ BC & BWI
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline  
Old 01-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #3209
jrj
always looking forward to our next trip to DA WORLD!
 
jrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Dallas, Texas
Posts: 186

Ahhhh... got it

I truly appreciate your quick response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
When I say "disinterested," I think I am comparing the staff to the ones at the YC. When we'd get off the elevator at the YC, we were greeted by name. They'd ask how our day was and chat a little bit. One CM even remembered the kind of pin my daughter was collecting and had one waiting at the desk for her. Basically, we felt like very welcome guests at the YC.

At AKL, the CMs would look up and smile, maybe say hello but nothing else. We were never once greeted by name and the few times I started to talk to the CMs I got polite but closed-ended responses. They were perfectly polite and helpful (I saw one CM sit for over half an hour with a guest, walking her through FP+), just not as welcoming and friendly as the staff at other resorts. Certainly not something I'd ever consider complaining to Disney about.

I didn't take photos of the lounge or the room, sorry. The decor in the lounge definitely grew on me. It's on the top floor of the resort, so it has the thatched-looking roof. It's quite dark in there early in the morning because they depend on natural light, but there's a ton of detail everywhere you look.
__________________


jrj is offline  
Old 01-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #3210
Anonomom
DIS Veteran
 
Anonomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
Anonomom your post was extremely helpful - thank you. What concerns me is the lounge being on a different floor than our room would be. I think it would become a chore going back and forth -- would you get a tray and carry snacks and drinks back to your room that way? I'm just trying to picture how we'd handle it. The food you described sounds wonderful, though. How did you enjoy your room and the view from your room?
I did use a tray one night, carrying a glass of wine for DH and coffee for me, as well as some dessert. But the distance was a pain.

I wasn't fond of the room itself -- compared to other deluxe resorts, the rooms are very small and the fact that the furniture is heavy and dark doesn't help. With five people (two adults and kids 8, 4 and 2) we felt pretty cramped.

However, the room view was amazing. I can't begin to say enough about it. I posted elsewhere that I expected to see a few animals wandering around at a distance, but the animals were quite close and there were tons of them. At one point I counted eight different kinds of animals (and several of many of those) all wandering the savannah at the same time. We all loved it.
Anonomom is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: