Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #3181
rea59
Mouseketeer

CL Level Lounge?

Last year we stayed BC CL and were very dissapointed. The offerings were skimpy and really boring. The evening offerings were usually some kind of fried meat dumpling and if we didn't get there as soon as the lounge opened we had to wait for refills. Prior to our stay at BC, we stayed at BWI and WL. We were very happy with BWI but I have to say that WL was by far the best.

When I returned home from my trip to BC last year, I contacted management at the BC to let them know about my dissapointment. I was told that all the hotels were cutting back on their club offerings and changing their menus.

When we stayed a WL 2 years ago, some of the evening offerings included venison meatballs, chilli and sushi. I'm currently planning our trip for this June/July and I was wondering if anyone knows if I could still expect the same.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #3182
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Last year we stayed BC CL and were very dissapointed. The offerings were skimpy and really boring. The evening offerings were usually some kind of fried meat dumpling and if we didn't get there as soon as the lounge opened we had to wait for refills. Prior to our stay at BC, we stayed at BWI and WL. We were very happy with BWI but I have to say that WL was by far the best.

When I returned home from my trip to BC last year, I contacted management at the BC to let them know about my dissapointment. I was told that all the hotels were cutting back on their club offerings and changing their menus.

When we stayed a WL 2 years ago, some of the evening offerings included venison meatballs, chilli and sushi. I'm currently planning our trip for this June/July and I was wondering if anyone knows if I could still expect the same.

Thanks!
Our most recent stay at the OFC was over Christmas. I've not detected any reduction in the lounge offerings during our last 6 stays. I have the nightly menus posted HERE on the WL thread. I also have many lounge food photos within the thread in the CL section. The CL hyperlinks are HERE in Post 1.

In comparison to the Epcot resorts, we feel there is much more of a wider and better variety of food offered at WL. However, the Epcot resorts do have hard boiled eggs and oatmeal at breakfast. The oatmeal at WL is offered in the winter only.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #3183
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

WDWKOOK - where do you make your countdown tickers? I love them!

Old 01-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #3184
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
WDWKOOK - where do you make your countdown tickers? I love them!
Thank you, ToyStory3. I use THIS SITE where I'm able to upload my own photos by choosing PHOTO BANNER. After creating the banners, I then choose ROTATING BANNER so that I can save space in my signature block. You can also use their own banners to make rotating banners. If you need additional help, feel free to PM me.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #3185
mickeyfor5
Mousketeer

Innkeepers Club

Anyone have a recent BWI Innkeeper's Club nightly menu?
Old 01-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #3186
rea59
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Our most recent stay at the OFC was over Christmas. I've not detected any reduction in the lounge offerings during our last 6 stays. I have the nightly menus posted HERE on the WL thread. I also have many lounge food photos within the thread in the CL section. The CL hyperlinks are HERE in Post 1.

In comparison to the Epcot resorts, we feel there is much more of a wider and better variety of food offered at WL. However, the Epcot resorts do have hard boiled eggs and oatmeal at breakfast. The oatmeal at WL is offered in the winter only.
Thanks WDWKOOK! You gave me loads of great information for my first stay at WL 2 years ago. I knew I could count on you to answer this last question. After this trip I may not be returning to WDW for quite a few years so I want this to be a really memorable trip. Looks like I'll be going back to WL.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #3187
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meihara View Post
Does anyone know the email address to contact the AKL CL? I tried the email on the first page and it didn't work. Or would it better to call?
I've had the same problem with the e-mail address for AKL CL, has anyone managed to contact them recently or does anyone have a different e-mail address?

Thanks

Old 01-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #3188
MrsK41
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I've had the same problem with the e-mail address for AKL CL, has anyone managed to contact them recently or does anyone have a different e-mail address?

Thanks
I've had luck contacting them with this address: animal.kingdom.lodge.itinerary.plann...neyworl d.com

January 29 - February 6, 2014 - AKL CL!
March 2009 Port Orleans - French Quarter
February 2011 Port Orleans - French Quarter
Old 01-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #3189
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfor5 View Post
Anyone have a recent BWI Innkeeper's Club nightly menu?
I was wondering this as well.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #3190
rsschneck
DIS Party Bus Queen

Club Level @ The Contemporary

We have 3 nights booked for CL @ the Contemporary Resort.

Christmas Eve, Christmas and December 26th (our Anniversary) 2014

Does the Concierge offerings change during the holidays?

How will the Concierge staff help with dining reservations? Do they have a better chance at getting difficult reservations than if I tried to book them myself?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:51 PM   #3191
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsschneck View Post
We have 3 nights booked for CL @ the Contemporary Resort.

Christmas Eve, Christmas and December 26th (our Anniversary) 2014

Does the Concierge offerings change during the holidays?

How will the Concierge staff help with dining reservations? Do they have a better chance at getting difficult reservations than if I tried to book them myself?
I can't answer about the food offerings, but IPO will help in making your ADRs if you want them to. They do not, however, have any pull in getting hard to get reservations. Since they have the same chance as you when it comes to obtaining dining reservations, my suggestion would be to give them your choices, but you also look yourself when the time comes to make ADRs. If you have some hard to get ones, it's always good to have someone else looking along with you .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 01-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #3192
LaurEm378
Earning My Ears

CL through hotels.com ?s

Hi everyone! I apologize if I'm asking something that's been covered before -- I'm diligently reading this thread but I'm only on page 89 so far

I have a standard room + tickets booked at YC through WDW for 5/14-5/17/14; the next 3 nights I've booked through hotels.com, a CL Poly GV. I feel a little anxious about not having booked these nights through WDW directly, but CL through hotels.com was $549 (w/tax) per night, whereas a standard room at the Poly through WDW was $599/night.

Nervous about Poly construction but CR is completely sold out, and I'm not going to feel sorry for myself if I'm staying CL, no matter how bad the refurb is.

My question is: How will my CL experience change since I booked through hotels.com instead of directly through WDW, and specifically, will I be able to have contact with the IPO? I should receive my Disney confirmation # to link this to MDE within the next couple days. I've made all my ADRs, and most of them happen while I'm at YC. I would, however, like to communicate with IPO about room location and maybe a few other little things if possible.

Again, my apologies if this has been covered before. I've seen a few people on this thread casually mention they booked CL through a third-party, and they don't mention having had any problems, but I'm not sure how you have IPO contact if the third-party technically "owns" the reservation and Disney isn't supposed to take your questions, requests, etc. Thanks for any help, and thanks for this super-informative thread! I'm excited!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #3193
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if Poly CL has changed to Joffery's coffee? In July it was still the Nescafe machine ... didn't love it... but made do with it. Just curious as we will be there in 8 days!!!
5/01 - AKL* 4/05 - CBR* 7/06 - POFQ* 12/07 - Pop* 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC* 12/12 - Poly* 7/13 - PolyCL* 1/14 - PolyCL* 5/14 - AKLCL* 7/14 - GF SL* 11/14 - YC/GF* 6/15 - PolyCL * 7/15 - DCL Fantasy* 7/15 - AKL CL * 12/15 GF SL

Old 01-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #3194
Pirate Mickey mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Anyone know if Poly CL has changed to Joffery's coffee? In July it was still the Nescafe machine ... didn't love it... but made do with it. Just curious as we will be there in 8 days!!!
I am at the Poly right now and we are club level. They still gave the Nescafé machines but the brewed coffee is SO MUCH BETTER! They are serving Joffrey's coffee.

1998 offsite, Jan 2010 CB, Nov 2010 POR, Mar 2011 Swan, Jan 2012 AKL Kidani Village/Disney Dream/CB, Jan 2013 Poly/Disney Fantasy, Jan 2014 Poly, January 2015 POR/Disney Dream
Old 01-17-2014, 06:30 PM   #3195
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mickey mom View Post
I am at the Poly right now and we are club level. They still gave the Nescafé machines but the brewed coffee is SO MUCH BETTER! They are serving Joffrey's coffee.
Thank you!!! I'm so happy to have some good coffee while we are there this time! Although I still may swing by kona island for a little treat as we hop on the monorail!
5/01 - AKL* 4/05 - CBR* 7/06 - POFQ* 12/07 - Pop* 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC* 12/12 - Poly* 7/13 - PolyCL* 1/14 - PolyCL* 5/14 - AKLCL* 7/14 - GF SL* 11/14 - YC/GF* 6/15 - PolyCL * 7/15 - DCL Fantasy* 7/15 - AKL CL * 12/15 GF SL

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: