Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #3091
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo View Post
Thanks Mickeynut1 for the information. It's been over 20 years since I've stayed at the GF although we visit it every trip for dinner.
You're welcome.....have a great trip and enjoy the GF .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #3092
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does the RPC at GF have champagne? If so, is it just during the afternoon tea, or is it available any other time? I thought I saw this somewhere but cannot find the information now.

I haven't booked yet but there was still availiability as of yesterday in SL and RPC. Also, I read that GF has two pools, Courtyard and Beach area pool. Is there a quiet pool also? TIA
Alas, the RPC at the GFR does not offer champagne during "Twilight Refreshers" (5-7 p.m.) However, the facility does offer Mumm Napa (cuvee), a wonderful sparkling wine that generates light fruit and hints-of-honey flavoring and a refreshing finish.

We had our last glasses two nights ago. But now we're home.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #3093
gogo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Alas, the RPC at the GFR does not offer champagne during "Twilight Refreshers" (5-7 p.m.) However, the facility does offer Mumm Napa (cuvee), a wonderful sparkling wine that generates light fruit and hints-of-honey flavoring and a refreshing finish.

All the best.
Thank you so much for this update. The sparkling wine sounds like a good alternative. I was wondering if they didn't offer champagne if there was a nice wine as another option. So, you read my mind

The wine served at the BWI club level was fine but nothing really special so this sounds nice. While at the BWI, I purchased a small bottle of champagne from France in Epcot and made a mimosa. I enjoyed this on the balcony watching the start ot the day!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #3094
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
A couple questions....

Can anyone tell me if the BCR lounge is currently providing bottles of water to take into the parks? It wasn't in 2011 when we were there last but I thought I'd read that they do now. Thanks for any info...

Also, has anyone been to a resort when the CL was being refurbished? We will be there in September so I don't know if the new lounge will be done then or not. I understand they use the Presidential Suites when that happens. How is it? Would the Presidential Suite be at least as big as the current lounge at BCR?

Thanks!
Just bumping so it doesn't get buried. Specifically looking for info about the water bottles. Thanks!

Old 12-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #3095
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just bumping so it doesn't get buried. Specifically looking for info about the water bottles. Thanks!
We were at BC CL in July and they had bottled water- you just had to ask for it, but they were happy to provide it

Old 12-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #3096
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In November 2013 we were at the YC CL. They didn't offer water to take to the parks, but if you asked, they would get you some. I got the impression that it was a bother to them so we simply purchased our water ourselves for the most part.

It was nice when the water was left out for you to pick up yourself as needed. Oh, well!

I don't know if it is the same now at the BC, but when we were there last (in 2012) you had to ask for water there as well.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #3097
BC1836
DIS Veteran

We were there last week and one must request bottled water.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
Old 12-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #3098
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much for this update. The sparkling wine sounds like a good alternative. I was wondering if they didn't offer champagne if there was a nice wine as another option. So, you read my mind

The wine served at the BWI club level was fine but nothing really special so this sounds nice. While at the BWI, I purchased a small bottle of champagne from France in Epcot and made a mimosa. I enjoyed this on the balcony watching the start ot the day!
Indeed, the Innkeeper's Club merlot is ordinary at best, and it's been there for several years.

We don't expect Grgich Hills Estate Merlot, Napa Valley 2007, but an improved offering would be welcomed.

All the best.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #3099
GoGoBeans
Mouseketeer

Quote:

All the best.
I enjoy Mumm Napa, and wish other CLs offered it or another sparkling wine/champagne. We were at AKL CL over the summer and they had mimosas any time you asked for one, but wouldn't pour just a glass of champagne. It was too sweet with the jungle juice and a glass of champagne would have been a nice alternative to the cheap wine they serve. None of the CLs have beer dark enough for my taste.
BC - 10/11
YC summer 2014
Old 12-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #3100
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

We stayed at BCR CL a couple years ago and we talked to another family there quite a bit. We had kids the same age and we were in lounge together several times. They had other family with them at one point, who were actually staying in another resort. I can't remember if they brought the other family members into the lounge or if they told me they were taking food/drinks back to their room for them. I was surprised to see that. I guess if the CMs don't know - there's nothing they can do. Just wondering if the CMs monitor or watch for this kind of thing.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #3101
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

All the best.
What!!!! no more champagne. I will not be happy if this is true. That is one of the things that made CL at the Grand so special. I loved having a glass or two while listening to the orchestra in the evening. I really hate that they keep raising rates and taking more and more things away.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #3102
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
What!!!! no more champagne. I will not be happy if this is true. That is one of the things that made CL at the Grand so special. I loved having a glass or two while listening to the orchestra in the evening. I really hate that they keep raising rates and taking more and more things away.
When I checked in on 11/8 at 3pm I was told champagne was available upon request, so I did.
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC 19 17
Old 12-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #3103
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
When I checked in on 11/8 at 3pm I was told champagne was available upon request, so I did.
Thank you. I will be requesting some if it's not out. Now all I have to worry about is the weather...here not there. I'm always afraid we'll have a snow storm and I won't be able to get there or be delayed.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #3104
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We stayed at BCR CL a couple years ago and we talked to another family there quite a bit. We had kids the same age and we were in lounge together several times. They had other family with them at one point, who were actually staying in another resort. I can't remember if they brought the other family members into the lounge or if they told me they were taking food/drinks back to their room for them. I was surprised to see that. I guess if the CMs don't know - there's nothing they can do. Just wondering if the CMs monitor or watch for this kind of thing.
Like you said, if they don't know there's nothing they can do. It's a bit of an honor system, which in WDW usually means someone will try to abuse the system. . But of course most people follow the rules, it's just the few bad eggs.

I have seen people post that some of the club CMs told them to invite friends/family in when asked, but I think that's really more being cordial than any real policy.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #3105
GSLand
Mouseketeer

Wilderness Lodge - beautiful resort but Club Level was disappointing The Wilderness Lodge lobby and outside areas are interesting, beautifully executed and well maintained. The staff was unfailingly polite, friendly and helpful
. We paid extra to stay on the Old Faithful Club Level. This was part that was below our expectations. - The room was small and the balcony which could have visually expanded the room had a chest level closed wall and a low over hanging roof. - The included food and drinks are kept in a room that is closed off with metal screen doors mid morning, mid afternoon, late evening until 7 AM. If you could catch one of the staff they would get you a drink from the kitchen, but we could not always find staff. The was especially irksome early mornings. - The seating for the lounge are tables and chairs around the balcony overlooking the lobby, pretty view but not comfortable for relaxing. The chairs are hard and the whole areas is also a walkway from the rooms to the lounge. - The lounge food and drink was adequate, not terrible, but not outstanding. - and one more small but annoying thing: no bathroom on the lounge floor. We early risers like to go to the lounge and drink coffee and leave the room (and bathroom) for the others to get dressed. We have stayed on the club level at other Disney resorts, not every one, but of the ones we have stayed at this was the least enjoyable.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: