Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #3016
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
Just returned from our stay at poly club level. Besides our theme park view, I wasn't very impressed. The staff was not very helpful & the lounge offerings weren't impressive. I found that the staff gave a lot of bad information. The first CM that checked us in told us magic bands could only be used as room keys, that they could not be used at the parks. Thank goodness I had already done mydisneyexperience and linked our tickets. We asked another CM if there was a way to find out what rides in the park had traditional fastpass. Her response was "google it". I grabbed a park map that was less than 3 feet away from her desk and found the little "FP" icon and answered my own question. We had a few more worthless run ins and decided it was best to just stop asking them about anything. So dissapointed.
The lounge offerings weren't great. Goldfish, gummy bears & cookies from 12-4 was a letdown. Desserts were nice. Ivette in the lounge was so nice to us! Always asked if we needed anything. The other CMs barely even acknowledged our existence.
Overall, we weren't happy with club level and won't be staying at poly CL again. If it hadn't been for our view of the castle, I would have asked to move to a standard room after the first day. Maybe in the spring we'll try a different CL
I'm sorry to say we had the same experiences when we last stayed Poly CL & have also decided to stay elsewhere. It's such a shame, because the first time was truly magical!
I'm so sorry you had to put up with such lackluster stay.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #3017
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Hi! I am thinking about booking one night club level.

We are coming from another Disney hotel so we would check in at 7am. Would we have access to the lounge then or would we have to wait until normal check in time?

What time do you have access to the lounge on your check out day?

Would they only help with your ADRs the day you check in in and the day you check out? What exactly do they do? Can they get you into a place that is already booked up?

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #3018
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Hi! I am thinking about booking one night club level.

We are coming from another Disney hotel so we would check in at 7am. Would we have access to the lounge then or would we have to wait until normal check in time?

Would they only help with your ADRs the day you check in in and the day you check out? What exactly do they do? Can they get you into a place that is already booked up?
You would have access to the lounge upon check in.

The rule is that you have access to the lounge until midnight on your checkout day. Recently, issues have been found though if you are doing a split stay, because the magic band from the 1st resort stops when you check out. If they stop giving KTTW cards, hopefully they will fix that.

The IPO have generally the same access to ADR's that you do, in other words, no real extra pull with places that are already booked.

Hope that helps.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #3019
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are coming from another Disney hotel so we would check in at 7am. Would we have access to the lounge then or would we have to wait until normal check in time??

You would have access as soon as you check in.

Quote:
Until 11:59PM.

Quote:
Not sure about this one.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #3020
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Hi Rachel,
Concierge will be able to help you with your ADR's 180 days before checkin. I don't believe they have access to anyplace that is already booked solid, but it can't hurt to ask.
You'll have access to the Club Lounge any time on your check in day. We've checked in quite early and when our room isn't ready, we've had immediate access to the lounge.
It has always been that you had access to the lounge until midnight on the day you checked out also, but I've been hearing lately that there have been problems with this now that the Magic Bands are being implemented. I believe it's a glitch tho. I'm sure someone will chime in here with better info on that one.
As soon as you're booked into a CL room, give thema call & see what they can help you with.
Have a wonderful stay - you'll love it!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #3021
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Looks like 3 of us were typing at the same time!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #3022
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Looks like 3 of us were typing at the same time!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #3023
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Rachel,
Concierge will be able to help you with your ADR's 180 days before checkin. I don't believe they have access to anyplace that is already booked solid, but it can't hurt to ask.
You'll have access to the Club Lounge any time on your check in day. We've checked in quite early and when our room isn't ready, we've had immediate access to the lounge.
It has always been that you had access to the lounge until midnight on the day you checked out also, but I've been hearing lately that there have been problems with this now that the Magic Bands are being implemented. I believe it's a glitch tho. I'm sure someone will chime in here with better info on that one.
As soon as you're booked into a CL room, give thema call & see what they can help you with.
Have a wonderful stay - you'll love it!
Thank you so much!!! I am getting excited about this possibility!! We are looking at the Yacht Club!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #3024
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm sorry to say we had the same experiences when we last stayed Poly CL & have also decided to stay elsewhere. It's such a shame, because the first time was truly magical!
I'm so sorry you had to put up with such lackluster stay.
I so agree with this assessment of Poly CL. If it wasn't for the location, it'd have nothing going for it. We stayed a week in Oct. 2012. I found the CM's not particularly helpful, the CL food offerings sub par and the CL often unkempt.
It's back to the BWI for me
Old 11-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #3025
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

I don't think it's necessarily just the Poly, or any other specific resort that CL is lacking. I personally feel that CL has changed & I'm disappointed with the changes!

This is just my opinion, so please, no flaming!

We were so fortunate to receive an amazing upgrade @ BWI because they re categorized the room that we were initially staying in.

Check in was great! We were fortunate to have our room ready on arrival @ approx 11am!
Got our MB working & everything was smooth.

The room was amazing! We had a 2bdrm suite & the extra room with 2 teens was awesome!

I handled my ADR's. I had requested that they help me get into Chef Mickey's & Liberty Tree Tavern the night of our Halloween party. They requested that I call & give them a credit card for Chef Mickey's & I was able to obtain my own ADR for Chef Mickey's by checking online a few times. As for LTT, they just responded that it was booked & that was it.

I had asked for assistance possibly booking those small boats, & I was interested in booking a scooter & some other things. E-mails had spotty responses (like they'd answer 2 of 4 questions)
They gave me the names of there preferred scooter companies & never offered to book anything for me that I had requested.

When we asked any of the CM's for help with ADR's, they referred us to MDE App on our phones. I don't know if the MDE App just was having some isolated issues or it just needs work, but half the time we were unable to book ADR's or change them-(the App said call WDW-Dine?) Yeah-super helpful!

We haven't stayed @ WDW since 2008. We've always stayed CL. The experiences we had CL were completely different. They offered to make our ADR's, book other things we needed-we even had the BC CL change our flight & rent a car when my son got sick & couldn't fly home.

The offerings were better.

My DD has a Peanut/Tree Nut allergy. They were supposed to have something for her everyday. That didn't happen.
At BC, they had something wrapped & put in our room for her every night.

When we stayed previously @ Poly & BC, & GF there were many desks with CM's helping the CL guests. They were so helpful with any add'l planing we needed with ANYTHING.

IMHO, I think that it's changed. It seems like ppl book it for the extra food offerings ? Maybe & the priorities of the entire CL is completely different.

It's not that I didn't like BWI CL. We had an amazing stay. I'm just not sure that it fits our needs anymore unless we book a suite?

The CM's @ BWI were so nice, & they did help us with things, but we were also directed to fix things ourself & for those of us that had stayed CL in the past, it's a totally different experience.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 11-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #3026
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I don't think it's necessarily just the Poly, or any other specific resort that CL is lacking. I personally feel that CL has changed & I'm disappointed with the changes! This is just my opinion, so please, no flaming! We were so fortunate to receive an amazing upgrade @ BWI because they re categorized the room that we were initially staying in. Check in was great! We were fortunate to have our room ready on arrival @ approx 11am! Got our MB working & everything was smooth. The room was amazing! We had a 2bdrm suite & the extra room with 2 teens was awesome! I handled my ADR's. I had requested that they help me get into Chef Mickey's & Liberty Tree Tavern the night of our Halloween party. They requested that I call & give them a credit card for Chef Mickey's & I was able to obtain my own ADR for Chef Mickey's by checking online a few times. As for LTT, they just responded that it was booked & that was it. I had asked for assistance possibly booking those small boats, & I was interested in booking a scooter & some other things. E-mails had spotty responses (like they'd answer 2 of 4 questions) They gave me the names of there preferred scooter companies & never offered to book anything for me that I had requested. When we asked any of the CM's for help with ADR's, they referred us to MDE App on our phones. I don't know if the MDE App just was having some isolated issues or it just needs work, but half the time we were unable to book ADR's or change them-(the App said call WDW-Dine?) Yeah-super helpful! We haven't stayed @ WDW since 2008. We've always stayed CL. The experiences we had CL were completely different. They offered to make our ADR's, book other things we needed-we even had the BC CL change our flight & rent a car when my son got sick & couldn't fly home. The offerings were better. My DD has a Peanut/Tree Nut allergy. They were supposed to have something for her everyday. That didn't happen. At BC, they had something wrapped & put in our room for her every night. When we stayed previously @ Poly & BC, & GF there were many desks with CM's helping the CL guests. They were so helpful with any add'l planing we needed with ANYTHING. IMHO, I think that it's changed. It seems like ppl book it for the extra food offerings ? Maybe & the priorities of the entire CL is completely different. It's not that I didn't like BWI CL. We had an amazing stay. I'm just not sure that it fits our needs anymore unless we book a suite? The CM's @ BWI were so nice, & they did help us with things, but we were also directed to fix things ourself & for those of us that had stayed CL in the past, it's a totally different experience.
Sad :/
Old 11-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #3027
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I don't think it's necessarily just the Poly, or any other specific resort that CL is lacking. I personally feel that CL has changed & I'm disappointed with the changes!

This is just my opinion, so please, no flaming!

We were so fortunate to receive an amazing upgrade @ BWI because they re categorized the room that we were initially staying in.

Check in was great! We were fortunate to have our room ready on arrival @ approx 11am!
Got our MB working & everything was smooth.

The room was amazing! We had a 2bdrm suite & the extra room with 2 teens was awesome!

I handled my ADR's. I had requested that they help me get into Chef Mickey's & Liberty Tree Tavern the night of our Halloween party. They requested that I call & give them a credit card for Chef Mickey's & I was able to obtain my own ADR for Chef Mickey's by checking online a few times. As for LTT, they just responded that it was booked & that was it.

I had asked for assistance possibly booking those small boats, & I was interested in booking a scooter & some other things. E-mails had spotty responses (like they'd answer 2 of 4 questions)
They gave me the names of there preferred scooter companies & never offered to book anything for me that I had requested.

When we asked any of the CM's for help with ADR's, they referred us to MDE App on our phones. I don't know if the MDE App just was having some isolated issues or it just needs work, but half the time we were unable to book ADR's or change them-(the App said call WDW-Dine?) Yeah-super helpful!

We haven't stayed @ WDW since 2008. We've always stayed CL. The experiences we had CL were completely different. They offered to make our ADR's, book other things we needed-we even had the BC CL change our flight & rent a car when my son got sick & couldn't fly home.

The offerings were better.

My DD has a Peanut/Tree Nut allergy. They were supposed to have something for her everyday. That didn't happen.
At BC, they had something wrapped & put in our room for her every night.

When we stayed previously @ Poly & BC, & GF there were many desks with CM's helping the CL guests. They were so helpful with any add'l planing we needed with ANYTHING.

IMHO, I think that it's changed. It seems like ppl book it for the extra food offerings ? Maybe & the priorities of the entire CL is completely different.

It's not that I didn't like BWI CL. We had an amazing stay. I'm just not sure that it fits our needs anymore unless we book a suite?

The CM's @ BWI were so nice, & they did help us with things, but we were also directed to fix things ourself & for those of us that had stayed CL in the past, it's a totally different experience.
I would agree with all of this. our more recent experiences have been slightly better then what you describe regarding service and assistance but overall similar. In the last seven months we have stayed at bc cl, poly cl and gf sl. While we enjoyed the overall experiences I do feel like things have changed in the past several years.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
Old 11-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #3028
ericstac
DIS Veteran

well I'm glad I came to read about CL. I was thinking about upgrading us to CL at the Poly but not after reading this. thanks guys!.

what about the beach club CL though? We have a one nighter there and I could upgrade it to CL, worth it or not?
2013 - Beach Club/Polynesian - Christmas
2014 - (May) Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - (July) Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - (Dec) Port Orleans Riverside

EJ's Disney Pinterest Board

EJ's 2014 VLOG has Begun
Old 11-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #3029
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Your revised 2014 WL/VWL information thread has been posted HERE.

I've expanded it to 21 posts on two pages and every post has been revised. There are some new photos and updated information throughout. All the posts are hyperlinked in Post #1 and there are three posts dedicated to The Old Faithful Club.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #3030
gjl
Mouseketeer

removed

Last edited by gjl; 01-21-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: