Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #3001
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Sorry, some how double post.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 11-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #3002
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Hi Maxie, Blueskies mentions you often! I have my first RPC stay with dh for our anniversary tomorrow. Any tips or pointers would be great.
Happy Anniversary. Congrats on your first RPC stay...probably won't be your last...once you stay RPC it is hard to stay anywhere else. If you need anything see Vonnie at the concierge desk she is awesome(the others are great as well if she isn't there I am sure they can help you)...other than that just enjoy and take advantage of the lounge.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #3003
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

FastPass+ And IPO Staff

Hello!

We just booked a return trip to the Club Level at Wilderness Lodge. I was wondering if the IPO staff helped with the FastPass+ booking in the same way that they assist with dining reservations, etc.

If so, are FastPass+ reservations made at the 180 day mark as well?

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #3004
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post
Hello!

We just booked a return trip to the Club Level at Wilderness Lodge. I was wondering if the IPO staff helped with the FastPass+ booking in the same way that they assist with dining reservations, etc.

If so, are FastPass+ reservations made at the 180 day mark as well?

Thanks for your help!
That's a great question! I don't think they are involved with that yet, but I would imagine that once FP+ is completely rolled out, they might take a role in that planning as well!

I believe that FP+ is done at 60 days out.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #3005
tallen429
DIS Veteran

I don't know if this is old news or not but...
Since it was just posted on the GF thread, I thought I'd post here that now with MBs, lounge access appears to be cut off at 11am on your checkout day unlike the midnight on checkout day rule that has been in place.

It would seem to me you could still use your KTTW card for access but I don't know??

If this has already been discussed, sorry to repeat.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #3006
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen429 View Post
I don't know if this is old news or not but... Since it was just posted on the GF thread, I thought I'd post here that now with MBs, lounge access appears to be cut off at 11am on your checkout day unlike the midnight on checkout day rule that has been in place. It would seem to me you could still use your KTTW card for access but I don't know?? If this has already been discussed, sorry to repeat.
Unless something has changed we were told we full access to the lounge until midnight of our checkout day. Our bands worked fine until we left around 1:30pm. This was this past September.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 11-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #3007
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Unless something has changed we were told we full access to the lounge until midnight of our checkout day. Our bands worked fine until we left around 1:30pm. This was this past September.
Same for us - checked out on Halloween. We did ask at the front desk if they'd be working in the afternoon and the CM took my husband's band and said he would "check". Whether or not he changed anything I don't know...but if someone is having trouble with access I would guess all they'd need to do is ask about it and the cm would probably help them out with that.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #3008
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pArKsFaN View Post
Same for us - checked out on Halloween. We did ask at the front desk if they'd be working in the afternoon and the CM took my husband's band and said he would "check". Whether or not he changed anything I don't know...but if someone is having trouble with access I would guess all they'd need to do is ask about it and the cm would probably help them out with that.
We checked out of WL CL on Nov 5 and our bands did work our last day. We had a late flight so did go back up to the lounge later in the day.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #3009
BCVNovember
Mouseketeer

I asked about the status of the BC refurb on the BC thread but haven't received a reply yet. I have a reservation at the BC for an SV room in February. I'm bringing my 4 daughters (3 teenagers and a 9 yo) and was considering upgrading to a CL room - but then read just today about the refurb with the CL lounge also being affected. I've looked at the YC but the theme-ing there doesn't appeal to me so am considering BWI. As you can see in my signature, I've stayed at BWI before so I know it's a wonderful place - but I really wanted to try another hotel this time. Hmm...what to do???
June 2007 - AKL
November 2003 - Polynesian
October 2000 - ASMo
March 1990 - Swan
Summer 1972 - Contemporary

Old 11-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #3010
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
That's a great question! I don't think they are involved with that yet, but I would imagine that once FP+ is completely rolled out, they might take a role in that planning as well!

I believe that FP+ is done at 60 days out.
My DH didn't have a ticket until we got to the WL earlier this month. DD and I have AP's so we already had FP+ times...CL CM Deborah arranged for his FP+ while we ate breakfast one morning!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #3011
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen429 View Post
I don't know if this is old news or not but...
Since it was just posted on the GF thread, I thought I'd post here that now with MBs, lounge access appears to be cut off at 11am on your checkout day unlike the midnight on checkout day rule that has been in place.

It would seem to me you could still use your KTTW card for access but I don't know??

If this has already been discussed, sorry to repeat.
That was me

The 11am cut off is ONLY IF you have a 2nd reservation/transferring to another hotel. Once 11am hits it cuts you off because you will be checking in at the other resort and the MB's wont let you have access to two places simultaneously.(This was told to me by Richard in RPC)

If you have a KTTW card then the card will work later BUT I was also told that the gold club cards where going to be gone soon, that I got one of the last. Hopefully they will keep the cards.

I told them I had a res for GF in SL for 1/1-1/2 then transferring to VGF on 1/2. I asked if we would have lounge access for the day and was told flat out that we would not have access after 11am. I am now considering cancelling that res because that was whole point of paying extra so we had somewhere to hang out until our new room was ready.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 11-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #3012
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCVNovember View Post
I asked about the status of the BC refurb on the BC thread but haven't received a reply yet. I have a reservation at the BC for an SV room in February. I'm bringing my 4 daughters (3 teenagers and a 9 yo) and was considering upgrading to a CL room - but then read just today about the refurb with the CL lounge also being affected. I've looked at the YC but the theme-ing there doesn't appeal to me so am considering BWI. As you can see in my signature, I've stayed at BWI before so I know it's a wonderful place - but I really wanted to try another hotel this time. Hmm...what to do???
This was posted yesterday in the BC thread by TeenaS who is a CM at the Beach Club.

No way of knowing because I haven't heard a definite start date. They said six months after design is approved. As of last weekend, I hadn't heard it was approved. They said the lounge was the first thing to be done, then the Presidential Sutie and the CL rooms (wing by wing ... of course not all CL rooms at the same time). If they started in May or June, possibly some of the CL rooms would be done by end of September. Are you asking because you want a newly refurbed room or because you are afraid of maybe being inconvenienced? If you want a refurbed room, I'd say it's a long shot. If you are afraid of being inconvenienced, I would not hesitate to stay on CL during rehab. They do it in such a way that guests rarely know it's even happening. If you are there while the lounge is being refurbed, you get to use the Presidential Suite which is a short hop down the hall from the lounge. That in itself is a treat!! And they take one wing off at a time so as not to inconvenience other guests. I personally would not hesitate to stay at any Disney resort during rehab.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #3013
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
This was posted yesterday in the BC thread by TeenaS who is a CM at the Beach Club.

No way of knowing because I haven't heard a definite start date. They said six months after design is approved. As of last weekend, I hadn't heard it was approved. They said the lounge was the first thing to be done, then the Presidential Sutie and the CL rooms (wing by wing ... of course not all CL rooms at the same time). If they started in May or June, possibly some of the CL rooms would be done by end of September. Are you asking because you want a newly refurbed room or because you are afraid of maybe being inconvenienced? If you want a refurbed room, I'd say it's a long shot. If you are afraid of being inconvenienced, I would not hesitate to stay on CL during rehab. They do it in such a way that guests rarely know it's even happening. If you are there while the lounge is being refurbed, you get to use the Presidential Suite which is a short hop down the hall from the lounge. That in itself is a treat!! And they take one wing off at a time so as not to inconvenience other guests. I personally would not hesitate to stay at any Disney resort during rehab.

Hope that helps.
I'm pleased to read this because after hearing about the possibility of our next visit being during a GF CL rehab time, I wondered if they closed the whole building. According to Teena's report, I guess not. And it's good to know that the guests nearby won't be inconvenienced with the work being done on another wing.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #3014
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Just returned from our stay at poly club level. Besides our theme park view, I wasn't very impressed. The staff was not very helpful & the lounge offerings weren't impressive. I found that the staff gave a lot of bad information. The first CM that checked us in told us magic bands could only be used as room keys, that they could not be used at the parks. Thank goodness I had already done mydisneyexperience and linked our tickets. We asked another CM if there was a way to find out what rides in the park had traditional fastpass. Her response was "google it". I grabbed a park map that was less than 3 feet away from her desk and found the little "FP" icon and answered my own question. We had a few more worthless run ins and decided it was best to just stop asking them about anything. So dissapointed.
The lounge offerings weren't great. Goldfish, gummy bears & cookies from 12-4 was a letdown. Desserts were nice. Ivette in the lounge was so nice to us! Always asked if we needed anything. The other CMs barely even acknowledged our existence.
Overall, we weren't happy with club level and won't be staying at poly CL again. If it hadn't been for our view of the castle, I would have asked to move to a standard room after the first day. Maybe in the spring we'll try a different CL
Old 11-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #3015
MrsK41
Earning My Ears

We will be staying at AKL CL for the first time in January. Can someone explain to me how check in works? Is it any different than non CL? Do I still check in online in advance? Thanks for your help!

January 29 - February 6, 2014 - AKL CL!
March 2009 Port Orleans - French Quarter
February 2011 Port Orleans - French Quarter
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: