Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #2986
tjmstandish
Earning My Ears

GF Main vs. Outer club level?

We normally stay in the sugarloaf building because I assumed it would be less hustle and bustle. I'm considering switching into the main building next trip just to have experienced it. Anyone have an opinion on one vs. the other??
Contemporary - 4/08 | GF Sugarloaf Club 4/09 | GF Sugarloaf Club - 11/11 | Fantasy 7-night Eastern - Concierge + Magic Kingdom - 2/13 | GF Sugarloaf Club - 5/13 | AKL - 11/13 | Fantasy Concierge 7-night Western - 3/14 |

|
Old 11-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #2987
MrsK41
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pArKsFaN View Post
I noticed they put things away immediately when breakfast is over (10:30 I think). But if anything runs out or gets low during that time they are quick to replenish. So basically, as long as you get up there during the published times you will have no problem with breakfast, but I wouldn't be a minute late.
Thank you!

January 29 - February 6, 2014 - AKL CL!
March 2009 Port Orleans - French Quarter
February 2011 Port Orleans - French Quarter
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #2988
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsK41 View Post
We are staying ALK club level in February for the first time and I am curious about the amount of food that's offered. If they run out, do they put more out or is it that when it's gone, it's gone? I'd like to count on having breakfast there but if we don't get there right away in the morning are we risking them being out of food?
I have never seen a CL run out of food. It is always promptly replenished. As a PP said they clean up at exactly the cut off time though and not a minute late. If you don't see something out you can always ask and they will get it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmstandish View Post
We normally stay in the sugarloaf building because I assumed it would be less hustle and bustle. I'm considering switching into the main building next trip just to have experienced it. Anyone have an opinion on one vs. the other??
The food is the same in both CL's but the lounge in RPC is much more conducive to just sitting awhile and relaxing. When we stay SL we just use the lounge to get something to eat then leave, we never just hang out there. RPC is worth it if you plan to spend a lot of time at the resort to take advantage of the larger lounge.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #2989
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLand View Post
We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Club level soon. Our previous club stays were at the Poly and AKL.

I just heard someone talking about WL club lounge on a podcast ... And horrors ... he said food was not always out at the WL lounge. We had always found snacks and drinks available at the other lounges.

So will we find afternoon and late night snacks and drinks at the WL lounge?
WL CL is amazing and although it's been awhile since our stay, I have read many reports recently that mirror our fabulous experience from years ago from great (and plentiful) food offerings to awesome CMs (which we experienced during our stay .). With that said, I would take that podcast review with a grain of salt. I can't compare it to Poly and AKL CL as we've never stayed CL at either resort, but WL CL really is amazing and I think you will love it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmstandish View Post
We've stayed both and I didn't care for SL, but I love RPC . As maxie86 said, the offerings in both are the same, but the lounges are worlds apart (IMO). The RPC lounge is spacious with plenty of places to sit and relax and enjoy the surroundings. If RPC is doable, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #2990
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

We are currently in WL CL.. It is amazing.. The CM's are over and above what I even dreamed.. And food..yumMMMMM
Old 11-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #2991
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
We are currently in WL CL.. It is amazing.. The CM's are over and above what I even dreamed.. And food..yumMMMMM
Agreed! It is our absolute fave and truly magical! Enjoy!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #2992
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyfun View Post
Just got back from our stay at BWI in the Deluxe Club and we loved it!. We hung out on the deck (which was over the 'Seashore' sign). There were 4 of us: myself both my DD's and my GDD, so we were able to take full advantage of all the space.

Judy
Next Week AKL CL!!!
Thank you so much for this feedback! Were you on the 3rd or 4th floor? I think I'm going to request 4th floor but I'd love to get your input.

Have a great time at AKL CL!

Old 11-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #2993
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Just have to say that so far all my interactions with the IPO at WL have been awesome. After the original email I have discussed many things with them.

- They took our bunk bed request - and mentioned no one else in there records seemed to be requesting this at the time...who knows if that will be the case

- Are going to get us Mickey Balloons form the park first day we are there as a surprise.

- Have offered great tips for touring around and traveling between parks to catch some of our busy ADRS

What a great impression
Old 11-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #2994
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
Just have to say that so far all my interactions with the IPO at WL have been awesome. After the original email I have discussed many things with them.

- They took our bunk bed request - and mentioned no one else in there records seemed to be requesting this at the time...who knows if that will be the case

- Are going to get us Mickey Balloons form the park first day we are there as a surprise.

- Have offered great tips for touring around and traveling between parks to catch some of our busy ADRS

What a great impression
Glad you're having a good experience with WL IPO . WL CL is amazing......the food offerings are great, the atmosphere is nice, and the CL CMs are awesome . Hope you have a great time and enjoy WL CL as much as we did .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #2995
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

We were in WL CL all weekend.. Snacks were always available..

Oh.. And to answer my question from weeks ago.. Joffery coffee is in an urn on the counter next to the Nescacrap ...
Old 11-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #2996
Jen7079
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Thank you so much for this feedback! Were you on the 3rd or 4th floor? I think I'm going to request 4th floor but I'd love to get your input.

Have a great time at AKL CL!
Hi I am Judyfun's daughter. We were on the 3rd floor. The fourth floor's balconies are much smaller. the Lounge is in the 4th floor, but there are stairways that take you from the 3rd floor to the 4th floor that are pretty conviently located.

Jennifer
Old 11-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #2997
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsK41 View Post
We are staying ALK club level in February for the first time and I am curious about the amount of food that's offered. If they run out, do they put more out or is it that when it's gone, it's gone? I'd like to count on having breakfast there but if we don't get there right away in the morning are we risking them being out of food?
I disagree with other posters. Generally, CL's do replenish most items as needed, but there are exceptions.

For example, recently at WL CL, I found Greek yogurt, and thanked the CM! (previously CL's only had Dannon lite.) He explained that individual resorts don't control supply, and it varies. Demand also varies greatly week to week. So yes, items do run out: yogurt, soda flavors, certain fruits, etc.

I've also seen hot appetizer substitutions. Usually they sub dumplings for dumplings, but maybe beef instead of pork.

Most of the time, food is left over at the end each time period, and they end up tossing it. Two items that are limited each day are cookies/desserts. I've seen times when all the cookies were gone. If you arrive at 9:40pm, expect a limited supply of desserts- in general at all CL's.

That said, guests are allowed to ASK about missing items. The best CM's offer to help get anything you want. This is especially true if you need something like a paper cup, tray, or a certain brand of beer.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #2998
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen7079 View Post
Hi I am Judyfun's daughter. We were on the 3rd floor. The fourth floor's balconies are much smaller. the Lounge is in the 4th floor, but there are stairways that take you from the 3rd floor to the 4th floor that are pretty conviently located.

Jennifer
Thank you! It sounds like all the Deluxe rooms at BWI are great, no matter the location!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #2999
MrsK41
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
I disagree with other posters. Generally, CL's do replenish most items as needed, but there are exceptions. For example, recently at WL CL, I found Greek yogurt, and thanked the CM! (previously CL's only had Dannon lite.) He explained that individual resorts don't control supply, and it varies. Demand also varies greatly week to week. So yes, items do run out: yogurt, soda flavors, certain fruits, etc. I've also seen hot appetizer substitutions. Usually they sub dumplings for dumplings, but maybe beef instead of pork. Most of the time, food is left over at the end each time period, and they end up tossing it. Two items that are limited each day are cookies/desserts. I've seen times when all the cookies were gone. If you arrive at 9:40pm, expect a limited supply of desserts- in general at all CL's. That said, guests are allowed to ASK about missing items. The best CM's offer to help get anything you want. This is especially true if you need something like a paper cup, tray, or a certain brand of beer.
Thank you! That's great information to know!

January 29 - February 6, 2014 - AKL CL!
March 2009 Port Orleans - French Quarter
February 2011 Port Orleans - French Quarter
Old 11-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #3000
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
I have never seen a CL run out of food. It is always promptly replenished. As a PP said they clean up at exactly the cut off time though and not a minute late. If you don't see something out you can always ask and they will get it for you.

The food is the same in both CL's but the lounge in RPC is much more conducive to just sitting awhile and relaxing. When we stay SL we just use the lounge to get something to eat then leave, we never just hang out there. RPC is worth it if you plan to spend a lot of time at the resort to take advantage of the larger lounge.
Hi Maxie, Blueskies mentions you often! I have my first RPC stay with dh for our anniversary tomorrow. Any tips or pointers would be great.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: