Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #2956
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

so happy the hear everyone is having wonderful trips. I know I can not wiat for our holiday stay WL CL with the crowded holiday season I am looking forward to the help
Old 10-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #2957
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
We're staying at BC CL right now, and loving it. On top of everyone being just wonderful, they've gone way out of their way to make things magical for my kiddos. We've had surprises in the room every night - balloons on our first night, more balloons with birthday cards the next afternoon, attached to a big stack of candy bars, and then MORE balloons attached to a new little Stitch, their favorite character!!!! It's really been unbelievable.

So my question is this: I'd heard that leaving tips for the CL staff was a no-no, but that they like local gifts. So I brought a big box of chocolates from our local chocolate company, plus little boxes for the mousekeepers. But this seems woefully inadequate for the service we're getting here. And, the chocolates, along with a thank you note, have yet to be picked up from our mousekeepers (I've left them out every morning but they're still here when we get back).

Is it actually ok to leave a tip? Or should I have just brought a much nicer gift from home? We really are so impressed with the service, I want to be sure we express our appreciation properly.
We just stayed at the BC CL in September. I left money for housekeeping and turn down service CM's in envelopes which said Mousekeeping. They were taken every time. You could probably get envelopes from the staff. Also I brought a few gift baskets made up with things from home, like local wines and chocolates. When I had a CM that gave us great service, I personally gave them a gift. They were all happy to accept it. I had such good service that I ran out of gifts, so I went to Starbucks in Epcot and bought different coffees and made more bags to give out.

I'm sure you'll think of some way for them to get your gifts and the CM's WILL appreciate any gift that is offered even if it is just a heartfelt thank you. Enjoy your trip.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #2958
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
We're staying at BC CL right now, and loving it. On top of everyone being just wonderful, they've gone way out of their way to make things magical for my kiddos. We've had surprises in the room every night - balloons on our first night, more balloons with birthday cards the next afternoon, attached to a big stack of candy bars, and then MORE balloons attached to a new little Stitch, their favorite character!!!! It's really been unbelievable.

So my question is this: I'd heard that leaving tips for the CL staff was a no-no, but that they like local gifts. So I brought a big box of chocolates from our local chocolate company, plus little boxes for the mousekeepers. But this seems woefully inadequate for the service we're getting here. And, the chocolates, along with a thank you note, have yet to be picked up from our mousekeepers (I've left them out every morning but they're still here when we get back).

Is it actually ok to leave a tip? Or should I have just brought a much nicer gift from home? We really are so impressed with the service, I want to be sure we express our appreciation properly.
Sounds like you're having an amazing trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
We just got back from a fabulous trip staying BC CL. The staff was INCREDIBLE!!! They were so attentive and we all wanted them to come home with us!

Thanks for all the advice you all have given me the past few months. I really believe that CL for us made it such a relaxing vacation. My DH is now Disney sold (actually BC CL sold)
Glad you had a great stay and loved BC CL .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
so happy the hear everyone is having wonderful trips. I know I can not wiat for our holiday stay WL CL with the crowded holiday season I am looking forward to the help
WL CL is amazing and to be there during the holidays is . You are going to have an awesome time .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #2959
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
We just stayed at the BC CL in September. I left money for housekeeping and turn down service CM's in envelopes which said Mousekeeping. They were taken every time. You could probably get envelopes from the staff. Also I brought a few gift baskets made up with things from home, like local wines and chocolates. When I had a CM that gave us great service, I personally gave them a gift. They were all happy to accept it. I had such good service that I ran out of gifts, so I went to Starbucks in Epcot and bought different coffees and made more bags to give out.

I'm sure you'll think of some way for them to get your gifts and the CM's WILL appreciate any gift that is offered even if it is just a heartfelt thank you. Enjoy your trip.
LOVE the small gift basket idea. We are trying to decided what we want to bring as gifts for these amazing people....love the idea of having them on hand and than grabbing there autographs in the Cast member autograph book i made.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #2960
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! I haven't been on this thread for a long while, but I am back with a new ticker! We will be trying a Deluxe room at the BWI next August. If anyone has stayed in one of these rooms, I'd love to hear your feedback!

And, so I'm not just "taking" from this thread....I do have a review of Poly CL for you all! We stayed in a CL TPV room in August (pre-construction). I already posted this review on the Poly thread, but thought I'd put it here as well! I've copied the first post below:

Hi All! Well, I finally got the photos off my camera so I thought I'd do a mini trip review. I'm gonna break this up into a few posts. This one will be some pics of our room.

As you may recall, we were booked CL TPV and were initially put into a 2nd floor (no balcony) room. I have to say that I really disliked the no balcony. Now, I know I've read some reviews from people who didn't mind this set up at all. So, take this for what it's worth...just my opinion. Here are a few pics to give you an idea of what the no-balcony set up is like. This picture was taken with the drapes pulled back all the way:

For reference, the only part of the door that slides open is the far right third panel. I took a picture of my daughter standing in the open doorway to give you some perspective:

As you can see, only 1 or maybe 2 people can stand in front of the open door part at any one time. There is no way that our family of 4 could have stood at the open door and comfortably watched Wishes. The next day we were moved to a 3rd floor room and I have to say it was SO MUCH BETTER! What a difference having the full balcony made for us. We could all stand out there (or sit for that matter) and watch the fireworks. Not only that, the full balcony gives you the ability to take in the entire view, left to right. In the 2nd floor room our view was really restricted from a left-to-right perspective.

After experiencing both types of room, it really is hard for me to believe that both of these TPV rooms come at the same rate. And, honestly, my one and only hesitation in booking CL TPV again is the fear that I might be put into a 2nd floor room. The experience between the two types of rooms was like night and day in terms of our enjoyment of the outdoors. I guess we are just balcony people. We used the balcony multiple times per day during our trip and I would be really bummed to not be able to sit outside with a TPV room.

OK...enough on that subject...On the 2nd day of our stay we were moved to the beautiful and stunning room 3506 on the 3rd floor. Here is the same pic as last time, except now you can see we have a full balcony:

Standing on the balcony, here is the view looking left:

The view looking straight ahead:

And the view looking right:

As you can see, with the full balcony we were able to see the whole outdoor scene from left to right. Awesome!!!

Here are some pics of the EWP and the fireworks from our balcony. And, yes, I was kicking myself for not having brought my tripod. Boy those firework pics are tough to get without one! Here you go:

So, overall we loved the room and the Poly!! Only a few negatives: we really missed having a full length mirror and a clothesline in the shower area. We had both of those things at YC in April so we noticed their absence this trip.

Now for the positives: We loved the bathroom area overall. It was nice and big with plenty of room for storage. As far as the towel rack not being near the shower, we just put the towels on the counter before we showered. Not a big deal. We did use the towel bars in front of the sinks for drying wet bathing suits.

The room overall also had plenty of storage.

My DS10 slept on the daybed and was super comfortable! My DD13 loved having her own bed!

Mousekeeping was great! We got lots of towel animals! And, they always managed to sneak into the room and clean when we were out. Never had a problem with them showing up when we were in the room or resting. Awesome job by the housekeeping CMs!!

We also loved the large size of the Poly rooms. This was our first stay at the Poly and it is now our favorite resort! Wishes from the lounge, beach and our room was spectacular!

Any questions about the room just ask away! I have some lounge / food pics that I will post in a bit!

Old 10-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #2961
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Here is the rest of our Poly CL review from our trip in August. I originally posted this review on the Poly thread, but thought you all might like to see it too!:

I have to say, we thought the Poly CL Lounge was awesome! The only other CL we have stayed at was YC and from a lot of perspectives the Poly blew it away.

First off...ambiance. The view from the lounge is amazing! We found ourselves wanting to sit in the lounge and relax a lot, as opposed to YC where it was just a 'dine and run' kind of feeling. There was ample, comfortable seating. I have to say, the lounge was quite busy the week we were there. I believe the Hawaii building was completely booked up. Some days it was difficult to find a seat, but we always managed.

Here are a few pictures of the view from the lounge. These pictures were taken on a cloudy day and they do not do the beautiful view justice:

Check out the rainbow!:

When we stayed YC CL in April one of the CMs gave us a tip. He told us that during the evening appetizers it gets most crowded when the lounge first opens up at 5:00 and then again right before they take the hot appetizers away, around 6:30. The times in between are much less crowded. This tip seemed to hold up at the Poly too. Here are a few pics taken one evening at 6:00 -

The third floor:

Breakfast was very nice! Cereals were Fruit Loops, Special K, Raisin Bran and Corn Flakes. Most mornings they served Bagels, Cinnamon Rolls, Croissants, or a combination thereof. There was always fresh fruit, juice and Nescafe (ick) coffee.

I found the mid-day snacks to be more varied than what they served at YC CL. We saw a combination of the following items during the 8 days we were there: spicy mixed nuts, gummi bears, jelly beans, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, popcorn, goldfish, and chocolate covered almonds.

Whole fruit and soda (Coke Products) was out all day:

If you ask for beer any time of day they will bring it to you without issue Perfect for taking down to the pool, although you must transfer the beer to a non-glass container.

Another tip, this one for the kids...if you ask any of the CMs they will bring you chocolate milk...the good high-octane stuff...Nesquik in the plastic bottle! It's never in the cooler, you have to ask for it!

And, speaking of kids' items, this was the one area where I was a bit disappointed. Most nights the only kids item out was mini corn dogs. On two or three nights they had PB&J out instead. Those were they only kid-specific items we saw all week during the evening appetizers. Considering that Disney is a kid-centric kind of place, I do wish they would provide more options for the kids who are not adventurous eaters. Just my opinion. Here is a pic of the (almost gone!) PB&J:

Overall, we thought the food during the evening apps was quite good. However, we didn't find it all that much different than what YC served. A little too much fried, phyllo dough type stuff in our opinion. However, they did have a few nights without fried items. These included spicy meatballs, pork skewers, sushi, and sticky wings. All of these items were great!

I did manage to snag a few pictures during evening apps when it wasn't really busy. Here you go...

Beef Wellington AND Guava & Almond Empanadas:

Fresh Cut Fruit AND Crackers with the following types of cheese: Wensleydale with Cranberries, Havarti with Jalapeno Peppers, Boursin

Another pic of the fresh cut fruit and cheese and crackers. This time you can also see the caramel sauce on the left and a cold Asian salad on the far right:

Pita Bread and Sundried Tomato Hummus:

California Sushi Roll, Vegetable Sushi Roll and Wasabi:

The beers: Heineken, Yuengling, Bud Light and Longboard:

So, we loved Poly CL and would definitely stay there again!

Wishes from the lounge was great! They did dim the lights to cut down on the reflection off the windows.

And, finally, I have to give a huge shout-out to all the CL CMs. They were all so friendly and welcoming! A special nod to Ivette...she was spectacular...a true gem!

Any CL questions...ask away!

Old 10-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #2962
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Hi Everyone! I haven't been on this thread for a long while, but I am back with a new ticker! We will be trying a Deluxe room at the BWI next August. If anyone has stayed in one of these rooms, I'd love to hear your feedback!

And, so I'm not just "taking" from this thread....I do have a review of Poly CL for you all! We stayed in a CL TPV room in August (pre-construction). I already posted this review on the Poly thread, but thought I'd put it here as well! I've copied the first post below:

OK...enough on that subject...On the 2nd day of our stay we were moved to the beautiful and stunning room 3506 on the 3rd floor. Here is the same pic as last time, except now you can see we have a full balcony:

So, overall we loved the room and the Poly!! Only a few negatives: we really missed having a full length mirror and a clothesline in the shower area. We had both of those things at YC in April so we noticed their absence this trip.

Now for the positives: We loved the bathroom area overall. It was nice and big with plenty of room for storage. As far as the towel rack not being near the shower, we just put the towels on the counter before we showered. Not a big deal. We did use the towel bars in front of the sinks for drying wet bathing suits.

The room overall also had plenty of storage.

My DS10 slept on the daybed and was super comfortable! My DD13 loved having her own bed!

Mousekeeping was great! We got lots of towel animals! And, they always managed to sneak into the room and clean when we were out. Never had a problem with them showing up when we were in the room or resting. Awesome job by the housekeeping CMs!!

We also loved the large size of the Poly rooms. This was our first stay at the Poly and it is now our favorite resort! Wishes from the lounge, beach and our room was spectacular!

Any questions about the room just ask away! I have some lounge / food pics that I will post in a bit!
Thanks for your review . Glad you were able to change rooms and get a balcony. We've only stayed at the Poly once (not CL) and that was enough for us to fall in love with the resort and it's now our favorite. The size of the rooms is one of the many things we love about the Poly, they are very large and spacious. Glad housekeeping was great......we had a very good experience with them during our stay too .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #2963
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
I have to say, we thought the Poly CL Lounge was awesome! The only other CL we have stayed at was YC and from a lot of perspectives the Poly blew it away.

First off...ambiance. The view from the lounge is amazing! We found ourselves wanting to sit in the lounge and relax a lot, as opposed to YC where it was just a 'dine and run' kind of feeling. There was ample, comfortable seating. I have to say, the lounge was quite busy the week we were there. I believe the Hawaii building was completely booked up. Some days it was difficult to find a seat, but we always managed.

If you ask for beer any time of day they will bring it to you without issue Perfect for taking down to the pool, although you must transfer the beer to a non-glass container.

Another tip, this one for the kids...if you ask any of the CMs they will bring you chocolate milk...the good high-octane stuff...Nesquik in the plastic bottle! It's never in the cooler, you have to ask for it!

Overall, we thought the food during the evening apps was quite good. However, we didn't find it all that much different than what YC served. A little too much fried, phyllo dough type stuff in our opinion. However, they did have a few nights without fried items. These included spicy meatballs, pork skewers, sushi, and sticky wings. All of these items were great!

So, we loved Poly CL and would definitely stay there again!

Wishes from the lounge was great! They did dim the lights to cut down on the reflection off the windows.

And, finally, I have to give a huge shout-out to all the CL CMs. They were all so friendly and welcoming! A special nod to Ivette...she was spectacular...a true gem!

Any CL questions...ask away!
Glad you had a great Poly CL stay. I have read nothing but great things about the lounge, views, food, & CMs. We had exceptional and very accommodating CMs at WL CL and GF RPC, glad to hear the Poly is just as accommodating. We're hoping to try Poly CL in the near future .

Old 10-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #2964
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Online Check-in?

When you are staying Concierge level (specifically at the Contemporary), is there any benefit for doing online check-in? Should you even bother with it?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #2965
RainbowWit
ToT makes me SQUEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
When you are staying Concierge level (specifically at the Contemporary), is there any benefit for doing online check-in? Should you even bother with it?
Online Check in is grab your key and go...if you have specific requests on room style/location I wouldn't do it.

But when staying CL I don't do it at all...no point...you will be whisked away and wont have to deal with the crazy check in lines!

Wit Kris JumeeGirl Gamma
Old 10-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #2966
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
I did it so they know what time I am coming. I put in my room request via IPO
Old 10-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #2967
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
I think the online check in is more for room requests.
I just checked in yesterday to BWI CL & I still had to check in.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #2968
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #2969
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Are there still robes in WL. I just noticed on the list of amenities, it is't there anymore
Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #2970
Deb123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Are there still robes in WL. I just noticed on the list of amenities, it is't there anymore
We had robes a couple of mths ago when we were there. Can't wait to hear how you like WLCL!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: