Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #2911
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmerlinj2 View Post
Hello. Going on an 8 day trip in May before a cruise. Already have a standard room-club level at Animal Kingdom Lodge but keep thinking about Beach or Yacht Club and staying club level. Any suggestions or thoughts?
If it were me, I'd keep AKL CL. We haven't stayed CL at any of your resort choices, but have stayed at AKL twice and BC once and if it were me, my choice would be AKL CL. We liked the BC and loved being able to walk to Epcot/DHS, but I have read a lot of negative reviews about BC/YC CL that it makes me not want to book either one. AKL CL, however, seems to get rave reviews, so I would choose that over BC/YC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Question here (and I apologize if duplication or a "bad" question) - my wife, son and I are planning a trip next fall, and intend to bring the two grandmas also (so 5 total). We intend to book 2 rooms, but were wondering if we could register all 5 of us in one room as club level, and then have 1 or 2 of us also registered in a non-club room (so at least 1 of us would have 2 simultaneous reservations). Thanks in advance.
My guess is a person can't be on two reservations simultaneously, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully someone will be able to give a definite answer. You don't say which resort you are considering, but AKL and WL will not accommodate 5 people in a room unless your son is under the age of 3 as both resorts only accommodate 4 + 1 under 3 in standard room. The CL rooms are "standard", with the exception of a few deluxe rooms that accommodate 6. The monorail resorts and Epcot resorts accommodate 5 + 1 under the age of 3, but keep in mind that you will be charged an additional adult fee of $50/night ($25/pp) for two extra adults to be booked in the CL room.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #2912
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1

If it were me, I'd keep AKL CL. We haven't stayed CL at any of your resort choices, but have stayed at AKL twice and BC once and if it were me, my choice would be AKL CL. We liked the BC and loved being able to walk to Epcot/DHS, but I have read a lot of negative reviews about BC/YC CL that it makes me not want to book either one. AKL CL, however, seems to get rave reviews, so I would choose that over BC/YC.

My guess is a person can't be on two reservations simultaneously, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully someone will be able to give a definite answer. You don't say which resort you are considering, but AKL and WL will not accommodate 5 people in a room unless your son is under the age of 3 as both resorts only accommodate 4 + 1 under 3 in standard room. The CL rooms are "standard", with the exception of a few deluxe rooms that accommodate 6. The monorail resorts and Epcot resorts accommodate 5 + 1 under the age of 3, but keep in mind that you will be charged an additional adult fee of $50/night ($25/pp) for two extra adults to be booked in the CL room.
Thanks - I called disney and cm told me same thing. Even if I am paying, I cannot be two places at once. We are looking at bc or wl - I noticed there is something called a deluxe room/junior suite at both places, which has club privileges at both places and about same price (MAYBE EVEN LESS) than renting a regular room and a regular club room - do either of those have two full baths (or even 1.5), and is there a divider between the two queen area and the one queen area (and are the one queen areas all just sleeper sofas?)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #2913
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks - I called disney and cm told me same thing. Even if I am paying, I cannot be two places at once. We are looking at bc or wl - I noticed there is something called a deluxe room/junior suite at both places, which has club privileges at both places and about same price (MAYBE EVEN LESS) than renting a regular room and a regular club room - do either of those have two full baths (or even 1.5), and is there a divider between the two queen area and the one queen area (and are the one queen areas all just sleeper sofas?)
Yes, both the BC and WL have deluxe rooms that are CL, but they each only have 1 bathroom. The WL deluxe CL room is divided by french doors, separating the bedroom area (which has 2 queens) from the living room area (which has a queen pull out sofa). The BC deluxe rooms are not divided, but have 2 queens and I think a daybed or a queen pull out, but I'm not sure.

Here are links to information/pics of each:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2872514 (BC)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....78033&page=129 (WL)

HTH

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #2914
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1

Yes, both the BC and WL have deluxe rooms that are CL, but they each only have 1 bathroom. The WL deluxe CL room is divided by french doors, separating the bedroom area (which has 2 queens) from the living room area (which has a queen pull out sofa). The BC deluxe rooms are not divided, but have 2 queens and I think a daybed or a queen pull out, but I'm not sure.

Here are links to information/pics of each:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2872514 (BC)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....78033&page=129 (WL)

HTH
Thanks- we may bite the bullet and just do two std club level rooms, or forego club level and two non-club rooms (which we did for our may 2013 trip)
Old 10-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #2915
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks- we may bite the bullet and just do two std club level rooms, or forego club level and two non-club rooms (which we did for our may 2013 trip)
You're welcome .

Old 10-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #2916
kemmerlinj2
Earning My Ears

If we are planning to go to two parks a day for most of our days during the trip, should we keep AKL or change to an EPCOT or MK area deluxe club level due to the distance?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:37 AM   #2917
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If we are planning to go to two parks a day for most of our days during the trip, should we keep AKL or change to an EPCOT or MK area deluxe club level due to the distance?
I do think that the distance from AKL to other parks is a bit overstated but YMMV. I tagged the times from AKL to MK as 16 minutes (once on the bus) and 9 minutes to Epcot. It took 12 minutes to DHS and 5 minutes to AK.

I think the distance is more of a perception thing personally. I know that any of those travel times are far better than the 3 hours by plane that I need to travel to get that close.

I have heard nothing but wonderful things about AKL CL.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #2918
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
If we are planning to go to two parks a day for most of our days during the trip, should we keep

AKL or change to an EPCOT or MK area deluxe club level due to the distance?
What parks do you go to the most? Do you have small children & go to MK a lot or do you just have adults in your party & spend most of your time in Epcot or DHS?

Where your family spends their time will be the deciding factor.

When my kids were little, we stayed at one of the Monorail Resorts, but now that they're both teenagers, we always stay near Epcot.

The great thing about WDW is that there is a place for everyone.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #2919
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if the Poly lounge has switched to Joffrey coffee? In July it was still Nescafι. Hoping for a switch by January!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #2920
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I do think that the distance from AKL to other parks is a bit overstated but YMMV.

I think the distance is more of a perception thing personally.

I have heard nothing but wonderful things about AKL CL.
I agree. We've had 2 stays at AKL and we thought the buses were great. In our experience, it didn't take any longer getting to any of the parks from AKL than it did from any of the other resorts we've stayed at. The buses only go to AKL and Kidani, so there's no sharing with any other resort(s). I, too, have read great things about AKL CL and I'm hoping to try it on a future trip. With that said, I would keep AKL.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #2921
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

I have to say I disagree a bit with the above comments re: AKL busses. We frequently waited for busses - and found the ride home at park closing murder after a long day. We almost always had to stand at that time - and we usually do close the parks.
Being close to AK was pretty much not an issue, as we usually only visit that park once during our vacations - and it is very rarely open late.
When staying at a monorail resort, the ride home on the monorail or boat was a cinch compared to the busses. And being able to walk to/from Epcot & HS was very pleasurable when staying at the BC.
But as pp's have said - you should probably make your decision based on which parks you are most likely to visit; and which parks you are most likely to hop between. For instance, hopping between AK & Epcot might take up a large chunk of time; whereas hopping between Epcot & HS would be a piece of cake.
Having said all that, we thought AK resort was one of the most beautiful and wondrous in all of WDW. However, we vowed to rent a car if ever staying there again.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #2922
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Our recent stay at the Poly CL. We enjoyed the CM's in the lounge. They were always willing to get a couple Bud Lights for us during the day or evening.

The food offerings were always plentiful and replenished often.

We were always greeted with an Aloha or Hello when walking by.

The CM's at the desks on the 1st floor were hit and miss. Some good and some just ok.

Loved watching Wishes from the lounge, it was so comfy and not crowded at all.

We stayed in a garden view room with no construction issues, as far as noise during the day or beach views of MK. The monorail was down for construction from 11-6 which was annoying as the boat launches were always full or very crowded.

Any questions please ask

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
Old 10-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #2923
Babsy
DIS Veteran

YC CL connecting rooms?

Does anyone know how many connecting rooms are available in YC CL Lagoon view? Anyone stayed in any of these? Is there anything other than connecting that we should request?

Any help/advice is much appreciated!!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #2924
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Does anyone know how many connecting rooms are available in YC CL Lagoon view? Anyone stayed in any of these? Is there anything other than connecting that we should request?

Any help/advice is much appreciated!!
I don't know how many there are but we had a connecting YC CL Lagoon view room in April, and that was not one of our requests.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #2925
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I don't know how many there are but we had a connecting YC CL Lagoon view room in April, and that was not one of our requests.
Hi!

Do you happen to remember what the room number was? Was it overlooking the pool or lagoon?

Thanks!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: