Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #2866
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
After you choose either "QUOTE" or "MULTI-QUOTE," and the post appears that you want to comment on, you can delete anything you want and leave what you need. Just highlight with your mouse the part of the post you don't want and hit "DELETE" on your keyboard to remove the irrelevant text. Sorry if this isn't what you meant.
Great explanation .

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Oh, thanks.....this sounds easy enough.

I'll give it a try soon..
It is easy....and once you try it, you'll agree .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #2867
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86

Some of the standard views aren't that great...could be tops of buildings or parking lot view, others are just OK. You can ask for another view, but be aware that they will cost more unless you get some pixiedust. I love a nice view, but don't spend that much time looking out the window or sitting on the balcony when we stay CL so it isn't a deal breaker for me, I would rather save the money for something else. GV CL isn't that much more at the YC so I will book that when available, if it's not I am happy in a standard view. You may want to upgrade if you spend a lot of time on the balcony and the view is important to you.
Thanks for the reply. I am going to put in a request for another view. My sister & I love sitting out on the balcony in the evening to unwind & relax.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #2868
TaraZ
Mouseketeer

I just upgraded out Poly TPV to Poly TPV CL... We've never stayed CL before, so any advice/insights/etc are appreciated!

And- my DD has severe peanut/tree nut allergies-- so any food allergy experiences with CL are even more appreciated!
3rd Trip 1/11 Poly again by choice of our princess!
4th Trip 1/12 Poly Part 4!!!
5th Trip 1/13 Back to the Poly
6th Trip 1/14 Poly here we come!
Old 10-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #2869
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
What a nice compliment...thank you . If it makes you feel better, I couldn't figure out how to multi quote to save my life . I had to have it explained to me a few times and even then, had to try it many, many times before I actually got the hang of it...LOL.

Mickeynut1:
Thanks so much for explaining this to me! I'm so impressed with your multi-quoting..i'm going to strive to be one of the best CL multi-quoters there are! haha

Since you already know how to quote one person, multi quoting is not that much more difficult:

On another note......how exciting that your trip is coming up soon . I hope you have a great time at BWI. I have read a lot of great reviews about BWI CL and would love to hear your opinion of it when you get back .
I am so excited about this BWI trip!! I'm not very good at change I usually stay at the BC and my fav is GF

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;49757038]My multi-quoting (Mickey) ears were burning

You asked a good question. Multi-quoting isn't intuitive and I remember many years ago PMing someone who had multi-quoted to find out how they did it. It seemed magical. Now it's your turn to multi-quote mickeynut1 and me

WDWKOOK:
I hope I can do multi-quoting justice!
Figured i'd practice and see how I could do on the computer

Has anyone stayed in one of the 2bdrm suites at BWI? I've checked out pics on the Dis Boards, but i'd love to hear from someone who has personal experience!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #2870
samnbilly

Obviously I still need practice! lol
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #2871
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraZ
I just upgraded out Poly TPV to Poly TPV CL... We've never stayed CL before, so any advice/insights/etc are appreciated! And- my DD has severe peanut/tree nut allergies-- so any food allergy experiences with CL are even more appreciated!
I'm doing Poly CL too with the discount! We stayed once before 2 years ago and we were spoiled The lounge is awesome, especially for fireworks since they pipe in the music and it has the perfect view. Go early to get seats and snacks/drinks (including their wonderful alcoholic punch). We don't have any bad allergies here but I do know that there's always CMs there when there is food out so ask them about the offerings. Also, talk with the concierge when they contact you before the trip and when you check in so they know your dietary needs.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #2872
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post

Has anyone stayed in one of the 2bdrm suites at BWI? I've checked out pics on the Dis Boards, but i'd love to hear from someone who has personal experience!
We were upgraded to a BWI 2BR Suite in June 2012. I think it was room 4205? We loved the suite! Gorgeous and very spacious! It was a pretty decent walk from the lounge, but it had an excellent view of Illuminations, SE and the Eiffel Tower in France.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and maybe I can help.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 10-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #2873
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am going to put in a request for another view. My sister & I love sitting out on the balcony in the evening to unwind & relax.
I thank that is a good decision, you will be much happier with a GV or water view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraZ View Post
I just upgraded out Poly TPV to Poly TPV CL... We've never stayed CL before, so any advice/insights/etc are appreciated!

And- my DD has severe peanut/tree nut allergies-- so any food allergy experiences with CL are even more appreciated!
Congrats on booking CL you will love it. Just be aware that is hard to go back to non CL so be prepared to always stay CL.

Make sure you speak to the chef to see what would be safe for your DD to eat. The Chef at the Poly is almost always around. Also speak to IPO before you go and let them know of the allergy and they can put you in touch with the chef before you even get there. Calling IPO is much more effective than emailing them. It's been a couple of years since we stayed at the Poly and I don't remember if they put out any peanut butter and jelly roll ups or sandwiches, but I have seen them at other resorts so it's best to find out ahead of time what to expect.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #2874
TaraZ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
Make sure you speak to the chef to see what would be safe for your DD to eat. The Chef at the Poly is almost always around. Also speak to IPO before you go and let them know of the allergy and they can put you in touch with the chef before you even get there. Calling IPO is much more effective than emailing them. It's been a couple of years since we stayed at the Poly and I don't remember if they put out any peanut butter and jelly roll ups or sandwiches, but I have seen them at other resorts so it's best to find out ahead of time what to expect.
Thanks- I emailed them today so that I can be on their radar. I'll definitely call as the date approaches. I just told my DH over dinner-- I handle all things WDW with my mini-planner/DD-- and he's excited by CL too. Fingers crossed that my DD will get all sorts of Disney magic this trip! It's our last "big" (i.e. pull her out of school for a week!) trip for a while...
3rd Trip 1/11 Poly again by choice of our princess!
4th Trip 1/12 Poly Part 4!!!
5th Trip 1/13 Back to the Poly
6th Trip 1/14 Poly here we come!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #2875
samnbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
We were upgraded to a BWI 2BR Suite in June 2012. I think it was room 4205? We loved the suite! Gorgeous and very spacious! It was a pretty decent walk from the lounge, but it had an excellent view of Illuminations, SE and the Eiffel Tower in France. Let me know if you have any specific questions and maybe I can help.
I'd love to have some of the views you mentioned. I'm not sure what other views are available for this room type?

We don't mind a far walk to the lounge. I usually send the Fam while I'm getting ready-lol!!

Did u take any pictures?
I know you said it was a far walk to the lounge, but how about to the buses or boat to DHS?
I was looking at pictures on the BWI information page & the room almost looked like it was a lockoff? What did u think?
Anything else you could tell me to pump me up 20 days before my trip, that would be awesome!!
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #2876
samnbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
I'm doing Poly CL too with the discount! We stayed once before 2 years ago and we were spoiled The lounge is awesome, especially for fireworks since they pipe in the music and it has the perfect view. Go early to get seats and snacks/drinks (including their wonderful alcoholic punch). We don't have any bad allergies here but I do know that there's always CMs there when there is food out so ask them about the offerings. Also, talk with the concierge when they contact you before the trip and when you check in so they know your dietary needs.
My DD also has a severe Peanut/Tree but allergy. I informed IPO & they suggested I speak with the chef upon arrival.
Usually desserts are a no-no (as u know) & there were quite a few nights when they prepared something special for her to enjoy, which she was SO excited!
I like how when you make food reservations online, you can notify them of a food allergy & what it is..
Disney is so great about this!

Enjoy CL!! It's hard to turn back!!!!!
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #2877
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraZ View Post

I can't help with the allergies, but I wanted to say congrats on upgrading to CL . We've never stayed CL at the Poly so I can't comment on that specific CL, but CL in general is great.....you're going to love it .

Quote:

I am so excited about this BWI trip!! I'm not very good at change I usually stay at the BC and my fav is GF
I'm glad you're excited.....you're going to have a great time . We've never stayed at BWI, but it's one I've always wanted to try. Since the rooms have been redone, I think they resemble the GF in a way .

Quote:
Obviously I still need practice! lol
I think you just deleted the [QUOTE] at the end. I accidentally do that sometimes when I want to delete quite a bit and I notice it when I preview the post and then have to redo it...LOL. You will get the hang of it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
We were upgraded to a BWI 2BR Suite in June 2012. I think it was room 4205? We loved the suite! Gorgeous and very spacious! It was a pretty decent walk from the lounge, but it had an excellent view of Illuminations, SE and the Eiffel Tower in France.
That sounds like an awesome room .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #2878
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Ok... You all ( I'm looking at you kook) have created a monster... I am booked at GFCL for February..
Old 10-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #2879
samnbilly

I think you just deleted the at the end. I accidentally do that sometimes when I want to delete quite a bit and I notice it when I preview the post and then have to redo it...LOL. You will get the hang of it . That sounds like an awesome room .[/QUOTE]

I know I only have blonde highlights, but I think I'm having a "blonde moment" lol
What did I do? I want to fix it & work on it, but I'm unsure what I messed up-lol lol
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #2880
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you just deleted the at the end. I accidentally do that sometimes when I want to delete quite a bit and I notice it when I preview the post and then have to redo it...LOL. You will get the hang of it . That sounds like an awesome room .

samnbilly- I'm noticing lots of CL stays in your signature. What's been your favorite? I've done CL at WL and YC and am really having a difficult time settling on one for next year.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: