Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #2851
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
This is soo OT, but is anyone else as impressed as me, the way mickeynut & WDWKOOK multi-quote?? :-)
I've tried it a few times, & I just can't figure it out!!
Just had to throw that out there!

I just looked at my ticker today!!
Getting so close for our 1st BWI CL trip..so excited!
What a nice compliment...thank you . If it makes you feel better, I couldn't figure out how to multi quote to save my life . I had to have it explained to me a few times and even then, had to try it many, many times before I actually got the hang of it...LOL.

Since you already know how to quote one person, multi quoting is not that much more difficult:

1. Instead of clicking on the "quote" tab to quote just one person, click on the ("+) tab. Do this for every person you want to quote.

2. When you are done, click on "post reply". Instead of having one person to quote, you have multiples. Post to each individual just as you would if it was one person.

3. Click "preview post" to check your post.

4. Click "submit reply".

Like I said, it had to be explained to me and I had a hard time catching on and had to practice A LOT....lol. Once you try it a few times, it does get easier .

On another note......how exciting that your trip is coming up soon . I hope you have a great time at BWI. I have read a lot of great reviews about BWI CL and would love to hear your opinion of it when you get back .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #2852
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

He hee, another way to multi-quote is simply to use multiple windows and copy/paste. To copy, highlight the text you want to copy, then press control and "c" at the same time) Open a window and the quote button for each quote you want to quote. To quote someone, you must include the brackets at the start and end of the text. They look like this: (bracket)QUOTE=samnbilly;49747582 (end bracket). You also need to include the bracket at the end that looks like this (start bracket)QUOTE(end bracket) Then paste all the quotes in one window. "Paste" is simply the control button and the letter V at the same time. (just like in most word processors.) You don't have to use the entire quote, you can trim as you like, you just have to add in the end QUOTE (between two brackets).

It's a little bit like how smilies work. they always start with a colon, then the name of the smilie. Like colon+goodvibes makes this image the key to making them work is the colon. The key to making a quote work is that you start with the brackets+QUOTE+name of the poster,and the quote ends where the end quote is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
What a nice compliment...thank .

Quote:
This is soo OT, but is anyone else as impressed as me, the way mickeynut & WDWKOOK multi-quote?? :-) !

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 10-05-2013 at 02:04 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #2853
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal View Post
Wondering about this too. All I really care about is breakfast and this seems like a much more reasonable option than a Deluxe CL for our next trip.
I followed up by looking at another thread on the subject. Clearly, I've not yet tried it. Sounds like it is similar to other lounges for breakfast, but then it closes mid-day. It is again open from 5-10pm; but during those hours it only has: chips, cookies, and drinks. One adult drink that is offered is sangria. I'm not sure what other (adult) drinks they offer. It also appears they offer soft drinks.

Also, the rooms are located very close to the main building and main bus stop. They are kind of a 'preferred location plus.'
Old 10-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #2854
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Thanks for the tips for multi-quoting..lol
Can u do it from ur phone as well, or just your computer?
Promise, after this, we'll get back to relaxing CL talk!! <3
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #2855
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No problem . I can multi quote from my phone, but it's harder for me as the screen is small (iPhone 4s).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011

Last edited by mickeynut1; 10-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #2856
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
My multi-quoting (Mickey) ears were burning

You asked a good question. Multi-quoting isn't intuitive and I remember many years ago PMing someone who had multi-quoted to find out how they did it. It seemed magical. Now it's your turn to multi-quote mickeynut1 and me

Back on-topic, did you ever get your issue resolved with BWI after having your Garden Suite canceled?
Old 10-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #2857
Pirate Mickey mom
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what brands of wine and beer they offer in the Poly lounge? It looks like the selections vary from resort to resort.

Thanks!

1998 offsite, Jan 2010 CB, Nov 2010 POR, Mar 2011 Swan, Jan 2012 AKL Kidani Village/Disney Dream/CB, Jan 2013 Poly/Disney Fantasy, Jan 2014 Poly
Old 10-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #2858
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
My multi-quoting (Mickey) ears were burning You asked a good question. Multi-quoting isn't intuitive and I remember many years ago PMing someone who had multi-quoted to find out how they did it. It seemed magical. Now it's your turn to multi-quote mickeynut1 and me Back on-topic, did you ever get your issue resolved with BWI after having your Garden Suite canceled?
I don't think I can multiquote on my phone..(well, I prob can, but maybe baby steps on the computer 1st-lol)

I definitely got the Garden Suite-BWI room issue taken care of. A lovely CM called me & explained the room situation w.the Garden Suites. She said they were changing the room category (it's called another name) & only holds 2 occupants-max
She said they had a room on hold for us, & she hoped we wouldn't mind, but it was a 2bdrm suite with a King bed in one room & 2 queens in the other, 2 1/2 baths..I couldn't even get words out! The only words I uttered were, "Will we still be able to use the CL?" Haha!
I am SO excited!
I will take pictures & report from BWI.

We are so lucky..I had heard from a new friend that others weren't so lucky. They were moved to non-Epcot resorts. I feel extremely thankful!

As for now, I'm going to work on the multi-quoting to you & mickeynut1!

Guess I'm too much of a newbie to do it from my phone..
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #2859
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think I can multiquote on my phone..(well, I prob can, but maybe baby steps on the computer 1st-lol)

I definitely got the Garden Suite-BWI room issue taken care of. A lovely CM called me & explained the room situation w.the Garden Suites. She said they were changing the room category (it's called another name) & only holds 2 occupants-max
She said they had a room on hold for us, & she hoped we wouldn't mind, but it was a 2bdrm suite with a King bed in one room & 2 queens in the other, 2 1/2 baths..I couldn't even get words out! The only words I uttered were, "Will we still be able to use the CL?" Haha!
I am SO excited!

We are so lucky..I had heard from a new friend that others weren't so lucky. They were moved to non-Epcot resorts. I feel extremely thankful!

Oh I am so glad that worked out for you!! Sounds wonderful!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #2860
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now it's your turn to multi-quote mickeynut1 and me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mickey mom View Post
Does anyone know what brands of wine and beer they offer in the Poly lounge? It looks like the selections vary from resort to resort.
I can't help as we've never stayed Poly CL, but hopefully someone will be able to answer your question .

Quote:

I am SO excited!

I'm so glad you got the room issue resolved.....and to be upgraded to a 2 BDRM suite.....that is awesome . You are going to have a great time and I can't wait to hear all about it and see all of your great pics when you return . Don't feel bad about not being able to multi quote from your phone......I am very techno-challenged and don't even use my phone to its full capacity .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Oh I am so glad that worked out for you!! Sounds wonderful!
I see your trip is coming up very soon . Can't wait to hear about your BC CL stay when you get back .

Old 10-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #2861
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My multi-quoting (Mickey) ears were burning

You asked a good question. Multi-quoting isn't intuitive and I remember many years ago PMing someone who had multi-quoted to find out how they did it. It seemed magical. Now it's your turn to multi-quote mickeynut1 and me

Back on-topic, did you ever get your issue resolved with BWI after having your Garden Suite canceled?
Off-topic again..I still don't get how you "lift" one sentence to comment on it! But it sure is nice to have good and easy instructions from multi-quoting "experts"!

Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #2862
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

I will be at YC CL in 12 days.. I have a quick question, we booked standard view what exactly does it look out to? Would we be able to request a different view? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #2863
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
I will be at YC CL in 12 days.. I have a quick question, we booked standard view what exactly does it look out to? Would we be able to request a different view? Thanks in advance.
Some of the standard views aren't that great...could be tops of buildings or parking lot view, others are just OK. You can ask for another view, but be aware that they will cost more unless you get some pixiedust. I love a nice view, but don't spend that much time looking out the window or sitting on the balcony when we stay CL so it isn't a deal breaker for me, I would rather save the money for something else. GV CL isn't that much more at the YC so I will book that when available, if it's not I am happy in a standard view. You may want to upgrade if you spend a lot of time on the balcony and the view is important to you.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #2864
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Off-topic again..I still don't get how you "lift" one sentence to comment on it! But it sure is nice to have good and easy instructions from multi-quoting "experts"!
After you choose either "QUOTE" or "MULTI-QUOTE," and the post appears that you want to comment on, you can delete anything you want and leave what you need. Just highlight with your mouse the part of the post you don't want and hit "DELETE" on your keyboard to remove the irrelevant text. Sorry if this isn't what you meant.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #2865
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
After you choose either "QUOTE" or "MULTI-QUOTE," and the post appears that you want to comment on, you can delete anything you want and leave what you need. Just highlight with your mouse the part of the post you don't want and hit "DELETE" on your keyboard to remove the irrelevant text. Sorry if this isn't what you meant.
Oh, thanks.....this sounds easy enough.

I'll give it a try soon..

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: