Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #2791
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Can someone tell me if you leave a tip for mouse keeping AND turn down service? Are they the same people? Just wanna see what others do. Thanks much.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV,VWL,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 09-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #2792
The real Mrs Potts
Been there, Ate That!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Can someone tell me if you leave a tip for mouse keeping AND turn down service? Are they the same people? Just wanna see what others do. Thanks much.
I made hand towels for the mousekeepers but we asked for no turn down service
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #2793
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
I don't do the cute envelope thing. My kids were too big for it by the time I heard about it. (does seem fun though)

I have been sticking a few dollars on the counter, then I stick the card with the mousekeeping name on it on top. That way if anyone comes in they can take it.

Just keep your eye on it and replenish as needed.

I used to do at the end of the trip but really has been working better this way. On my trip at CBR in August I got lots of soaps and coffee and towel animals this way

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 09-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #2794
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Glad you are enjoying Poly CL . We are trying CL there in December and I have read a lot of great reviews lately, so I'm excited to try it .
Hi, Mickeynut! When my sister and I stayed at the Poly years ago, we were upgraded to CL, and really enjoyed the lounge offerings. I think I like the GF offerings better tho.

By the way, I'm jealous of all the plans you have for your Christmas trip! Cruise and all...

Old 09-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #2795
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Hi, Mickeynut! When my sister and I stayed at the Poly years ago, we were upgraded to CL, and really enjoyed the lounge offerings. I think I like the GF offerings better tho.

By the way, I'm jealous of all the plans you have for your Christmas trip! Cruise and all...
Hi, grannyminnie . Thanks for your opinion on Poly CL. Awhile back I was reading some not-so-good reviews of it, but recently they have all been pretty positive. I know one thing everyone agrees on is the view from the lounge......I have read that is just amazing .....and there have been a lot of positive reviews on the food offerings. I am excited to try Poly CL and CR CL, but I'm also nervous as I'm worried those won't compare to RPC. I think staying RPC ruined me .

This will be our two DSs first cruise ever, everyone's first Disney cruise, and mine and DH's 3rd cruise (our last one was on our honeymoon 21 years ago ). It's just a 3 night, but it will be nice to experience DCL . I'm very excited for the cruise, but also excited to get back to the Poly and try the CR.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #2796
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi, grannyminnie . Thanks for your opinion on Poly CL. Awhile back I was reading some not-so-good reviews of it, but recently they have all been pretty positive. I know one thing everyone agrees on is the view from the lounge......I have read that is just amazing .....and there have been a lot of positive reviews on the food offerings. I am excited to try Poly CL and CR CL, but I'm also nervous as I'm worried those won't compare to RPC. I think staying RPC ruined me .

This will be our two DSs first cruise ever, everyone's first Disney cruise, and mine and DH's 3rd cruise (our last one was on our honeymoon 21 years ago ). It's just a 3 night, but it will be nice to experience DCL . I'm very excited for the cruise, but also excited to get back to the Poly and try the CR.
You get the best of both worlds on this trip...WDW before the cruise, AND WDW after!!!! We've never done CR but if I did book there, I would want to do CL. We got to visit the CL last year (a CM friend of ours worked there) and it is very nice, and the view of MK is killer!
As for the Poly, we loved it too, when we stayed there, but once we got a taste of the GF, it was all over!

I did my first cruise EVER when my sister and I did a Disney cruise Jan. 2012 (I think it was!) and we had so much fun, we turned around and did another 3-night cruise the following May. I loved both, which was good considering I had always been afraid to cruise at all...

Old 09-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #2797
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I got a note from WL yesterday.. FYI.. Joffrey coffee hasn't made it to WL .. But they expect it soon!!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #2798
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You get the best of both worlds on this trip...WDW before the cruise, AND WDW after!!!! We've never done CR but if I did book there, I would want to do CL. We got to visit the CL last year (a CM friend of ours worked there) and it is very nice, and the view of MK is killer!
As for the Poly, we loved it too, when we stayed there, but once we got a taste of the GF, it was all over!

I did my first cruise EVER when my sister and I did a Disney cruise Jan. 2012 (I think it was!) and we had so much fun, we turned around and did another 3-night cruise the following May. I loved both, which was good considering I had always been afraid to cruise at all...
I used Disney thinking on this trip....LOL. I knew we would be flying down prior to cruise day as I won't fly in the day the ship sails and let's be honest.....you can't fly into Orlando for a 3 night Disney cruise and pass WDW without stopping . So, I figured we'd fly in the day before and spend 2 nights after to get our WDW fix. However, after giving it some thought, it seemed silly to just get in 1 night before, might as well do 2 nights to have a little more time....so that's what I did.....gotta love how the Disney brain works .

Glad you enjoyed the cruise and were able to take another one . Cruises are a lot of fun and I am very excited to combine cruising and Disney as that has to be the best combination .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #2799
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I used Disney thinking on this trip....LOL. I knew we would be flying down prior to cruise day as I won't fly in the day the ship sails and let's be honest.....you can't fly into Orlando for a 3 night Disney cruise and pass WDW without stopping . So, I figured we'd fly in the day before and spend 2 nights after to get our WDW fix. However, after giving it some thought, it seemed silly to just get in 1 night before, might as well do 2 nights to have a little more time....so that's what I did.....gotta love how the Disney brain works .

Glad you enjoyed the cruise and were able to take another one . Cruises are a lot of fun and I am very excited to combine cruising and Disney as that has to be the best combination .
Oh gosh, that is SO funny, Mickeynut!! You and I think alike! The "Disney brain"?? I used that same kind of reasoning when we cruised, even tho we didn't even fly into Orlando first. We (my sis and I) drove down, and it was actually about the same distance from our meeting place to either WDW or Port Canaveral, so I reasoned, why not at least spend ONE night before the cruise at WDW?! Unlike you, however, we did drive back home after the cruise...I would have loved to be going right back over to WDW tho!

Old 09-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #2800
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh gosh, that is SO funny, Mickeynut!! You and I think alike! The "Disney brain"?? I used that same kind of reasoning when we cruised, even tho we didn't even fly into Orlando first. We (my sis and I) drove down, and it was actually about the same distance from our meeting place to either WDW or Port Canaveral, so I reasoned, why not at least spend ONE night before the cruise at WDW?! Unlike you, however, we did drive back home after the cruise...I would have loved to be going right back over to WDW tho!
LOL.....we gotta be creative when it comes to Disney vacations .

Old 09-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #2801
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We just returned from our WDW/cruise/WDW trip. It was fantastic as always. You are going to love the DREAM. We ended up not doing club level this trip. I hate to say this on the club level thread, but we did not miss it all. It was our first non cl trip in three years. I was worried, but we had great room locations, and great views at WL and BC so it was all good. Enjoy your trip.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #2802
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
We just returned from our WDW/cruise/WDW trip. It was fantastic as always. You are going to love the DREAM. We ended up not doing club level this trip. I hate to say this on the club level thread, but we did not miss it all. It was our first non cl trip in three years. I was worried, but we had great room locations, and great views at WL and BC so it was all good. Enjoy your trip.
Thank you for this . I can't wait to see the Dream in person as I'm sure pictures don't do it justice. I'm glad you had a great cruise as well as great WDW stays. I think you chose 2 great resorts for before/after your cruise. The WL is one of our favorites and we loved the BC when we stayed there. Glad you had great room locations/views at both resorts .

Old 09-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #2803
epsmith921
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say that we stayed at Boardwalk Inn club level for 4 nights last week and it was great. Our room was 4237 right across from the lounge, and was a standard club level room with the bonus of a boardwalk view. It did only have a kind bed and a sofa that flipped to a twin. We weren't sure about it at first but once we figured out the sofa it worked perfectly for our 2 year old.

We loved the boardwalk view and the 2 year old didn't mind the noise from illuminations as long as we were inside.

Patsy was our housekeeper for the week and she was incredible and made a couple fantastic towel animals my daughter slept with and wanted to bring home!

We really liked the club level offerings. For us the best parts were dessert and then beer, soda, bottled water, and crushed ice. My husband was thrilled with the yuengling and I was happy with all the diet cokes I could drink! My toddler loved to just stand next to the ice bucket eating the ice! (Who knows? She loves cold stuff!)

We figured out we probably spent about $20 on food for the 2 year old during our stay since we were able to get so many things she would eat in the lounge. This was truly awesome.

For us, club level was worth it and we are trying to figure out how to swing it again next year but we're looking at Magic Kingdom resorts so the pricing is harder to stomach.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #2804
laura428
DIS Veteran

I just got an email from IPO welcoming us to the resort and requesting our input as to room requests, travel arrangements, etc. Problem is that I already sent this info a few months back and have had numerous emails and phone conversations with the IPO during that time. ????????

I wrote back, with my completed itinerary attached again, and expressed my concern that they didn't have it when it had already been sent. They replied with an apology, and said that all of my requests were now noted. What the heck? Did none of my earlier emails or requests over the phone get entered somewhere? Has anyone else had this happen?

I'm excited about our first stay in a CL room, but this doesn't exactly give me warm fuzzies about the personal care one would expect from CL service.
2014 Princess Half Marathon
Old 09-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #2805
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I am excited!! I got my Magic Bands posted to my MDE last night!!! I heard they would be in all resorts by the end of October..guess it was true,
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: