Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #2671
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
anybody?
Have you tried back again? It wouldn't be the first time a CM gave bad info when someone tried to request a certain room type. I see people post all the time that the agent said a certain request wasn't possible, when it was something everyone here knew was a frequent request.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #2672
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Help!

I have a std main building RPC room for one night followed by a deluxe king room for 2 nights. I put in a request for a king for the first night but IPO responded that I had booked a 2queen room. On the disney website it says 2q's or 1 king. I always thought they had a few kings std and the deluxe cost more because they have extra features (MK view, whirlpool or octagon room, etc).

Does anybody know of /or have stayed in a std main building king?

Thanks!
I have only stayed in a 2 queen room, but I too thought there were a few king rooms that weren't deluxe. I would make sure the request is noted on your reservation and if you get a 2 queen room upon check in, ask if there are any king rooms available. Also, maybe try to call and talk to someone directly rather than emailing as sometimes that provides better results . Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #2673
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I have only stayed in a 2 queen room, but I too thought there were a few king rooms that weren't deluxe. I would make sure the request is noted on your reservation and if you get a 2 queen room upon check in, ask if there are any king rooms available. Also, maybe try to call and talk to someone directly rather than emailing as sometimes that provides better results . Good luck.
Well I had made a single request for a king(I assumed std) before transferring to the deluxe king. I was told "as I am aware, they are not available" and that I had booked a queen. It states very clearly on disney website std choice of 2q's OR king. Now I feel like a schmuck because they think I was asking for a free upgrade, and I was not

Well I have learned in the past NOT to trust the disney site so I should have known better I guess.

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
Old 09-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #2674
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I had made a single request for a king(I assumed std) before transferring to the deluxe king. I was told "as I am aware, they are not available" and that I had booked a queen. It states very clearly on disney website std choice of 2q's OR king. Now I feel like a schmuck because they think I was asking for a free upgrade, and I was not

Well I have learned in the past NOT to trust the disney site so I should have known better I guess.
Like you, I thought there were at least a few standard king rooms as well. I did see a response to your post on the GF FAQ that kings were only deluxe rooms, but then I found this on All Ears:

Are any king size beds available?

Yes. Request one when making your reservations.

So with that, I would have a king bed requested on the reservation and ask at check in if it's available and see what happens as there seems to be conflicting information .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #2675
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I am so excited.. I feel so lucky I got such an awesome rate for WL ..
Old 09-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #2676
rn448698
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they still have Swedish fish at the YC CL?

I know...really bizarre question. Im honestly embarrassed to be asking. But it was one of he main reasons my partner wanted me to upgrade to CL. (He had a major health scare this summer, and we'll find out the week before we go this October if he's clear or not for another 3 months.)

And if they don't, do you think they'd think I was crazy if I asked for them prior to arriving?

Yes, I know we can get them at the grocery store, but he really wanted me to upgrade to YC CL from POR since our summer was so awful.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #2677
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn448698 View Post

I know...really bizarre question. Im honestly embarrassed to be asking. But it was one of he main reasons my partner wanted me to upgrade to CL. (He had a major health scare this summer, and we'll find out the week before we go this October if he's clear or not for another 3 months.)

And if they don't, do you think they'd think I was crazy if I asked for them prior to arriving?

Yes, I know we can get them at the grocery store, but he really wanted me to upgrade to YC CL from POR since our summer was so awful.
They had them back in April. They were the multicolored ones, not just red. But they were there.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #2678
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julylady View Post
We will be staying at BWI club level later this month. Due to a medical condition I can only drink sugar free, non carbonated beverages. Will coffee and water be my only options? I have been able to purchase Vitamin Water Zero at some of the hotel gift shops on prior trips. Has anyone ever seen these types of beverages in the Lounge?

It's worth asking, and explaining your situation, or asking where you can buy some.

All the lounges carry an assortment of tea bags, including at least one kind of herbal tea. Otherwise I don't recall seeing any non carbonated diet drinks. I also like them.

Another option you may want to consider is bringing along something like the flavor drops (under 3oz bottle, would also be okay in a checked bag) or Crystal Light packets. That way you KNOW you can always add those to the available water. In the parks, that might also be a good option. (If ever I bring liquids in my luggage, I secure them inside a ziplock bag!)

Because you have a medical condition, you may get some extra love, like the poster who was pregnant. (vs. asking just because you prefer it).this is also one gray area where the IPO may give a different answer from the actual staff.

However, the previous poster asked abut ginger ale So it may be that in her case, it was just waiting to be put out. I'm pretty sure I've seen it.

Recently, I posted about Greek yogurt. The staff member told me it was a new addition. He said some weeks they get both, some weeks only one. Some weeks yogurt runs out. When it runs out, he said there's not much they can do.

Also, during out visit, I noticed a beverage machine in the hallway near our room. It seemed odd to me that anyone would buy beverages from the machine, but I happened to see a soda guy restocking it one day.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #2679
mom4graceandlogan
DIS Veteran

Just upgraded at BWI from 1 bedroom villa to deluxe room, mainly for the view. A little concerned about the evening app comments. We have only done club level at WL and Beach Club. Is their really that big of a difference? We only did them once at WL, but 2-3 times at beach club and really enjoyed it. Anyone that has recently been have any comments on the evening offerings. We are not looking to turn it into dinner, just have some light bites and a glass of wine before heading out.
2003; Gracie's first trip Wilderness Lodge;May, 2005 Logan's first trip Wilderness Lodge; December, 2005 Wilderness Lodge;January 2007 Poly and WL Marathon Weekend; Sept 2007 10 days WL/Poly;Sept 2008 10 days BCV/WLV; June 2009 Swan; Thanksgiving Fort WIlderness/Contemporary200;June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, September 2010 Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge; December 2010 Wilderness Lodge and Swan; September, 2011 WL and Dolphin; Buying a house instead of a 2012 trip, actually going anyway and got new house. Sept. 2012 10 days WL/BC concierge, July 2013 AoA and WBC to do all the Orlando attractions we never get to; Sept. 2013 WL Villas and BWV, 4/2014 Chaperone chorus trip to POP
Old 09-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #2680
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninafeliz
I'm interested in the people who said they requested a specific drink or food and actually got it brought into the lounge for them during their stay. We're staying at the Poly CL in October, and I emailed IPO to ask about the possibility of the lounge having Redbridge beer for my DH during our stay, which is gluten free (he has a gluten intolerance). WDW does carry the beer in their bars, but not in the CL lounges. The IPO emailed me back and said that they would be willing to get us the beer and put it in the fridge and charge our account for it. While I appreciate that that is not something that they would do for someone not staying club level (at least I don't think so), we were not anticipating paying for it. He just wanted a beer he could drink in the lounge. Given that option he said he'll be happy to stick with the wine and cordials. I figured that was just the way it was, you only get what the lounges stock, not a huge deal. But after reading through this it seems as if others have had luck at getting specific items (or beer) brought to the lounge for them during their stay. Is this just resort specific, or even CM specific?

It really isn't a big deal, he said he doesn't really care about it, I just thought it might be a nice perk of being CL and I would try for him. Not looking to complain, just wondered what others thought.
If you have a dietary need, TALK TO A CHEF DURING CHECK-IN. We spent 2 weeks at YC CL recently and DS is allergic to nearly everything in the lounge. Basically, the chef posts a form in the back room and if you get different things that is how they know. If you dont have a form they skeptically were telling us no when we asked. Because we didnt talk to the chef at the right time (I specifically asked and an inexperienced CM told me it was unnecessary) it took them a week to get the form there. We had to spend about 3 hours one morning explaining and going through various managers and people all confused that it wasnt already taken care of. Until they taped a sheet of paper to the wall we had to bring our own breakfasts and desserts. Once the form was there they had pastries in for him.

I like vacations.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #2681
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I stayed at BC CL 2 weeks ago and they did have Swedish fish but as someone said they were the multi colored ones not just red. Just as good to me though!

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 09-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #2682
Kimmy2Disney
Can't wait to be back in the world!!

Quote:

We were there at YC 8/29-9/2 and Swedish fish were in the lounge during afternoon snacks and late night after desserts... Have fun!!!

Old 09-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #2683
Deb123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4graceandlogan View Post
Just upgraded at BWI from 1 bedroom villa to deluxe room, mainly for the view. A little concerned about the evening app comments. We have only done club level at WL and Beach Club. Is their really that big of a difference? We only did them once at WL, but 2-3 times at beach club and really enjoyed it. Anyone that has recently been have any comments on the evening offerings. We are not looking to turn it into dinner, just have some light bites and a glass of wine before heading out.
Never stayed at BWI's CL, but there is definitely a difference between WL CL and BC's. But if you were satisfied at BC's CL than I think you should be happy with BWI.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #2684
eeyore81
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me about the kids food available in the lounge at AKL? Thanks!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #2685
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

We stayed CL a couple years ago at BCR and loved it. It was out first on site stay as a family. We've dreamed of going back ever since then and trying another CL. Maybe AKL or WL. We have no interest in doing the DDP along with CL. I know it's not a meal replacement but it does include breakfast and other snacks and its just too much food for us to do both. We prefer to pay OOP when staying CL so we have more flexibility.

Anyway we knew for sure that we were returning and doing CL somewhere. Well now my sister and her family are going with us next year which is fantastic and we are very excited. But it's their first on site stay and they're very excited to do the DDP so they can try restaurants and do some character meals etc. So now I'm rethinking staying CL. I'm wondering if we should do the DDP with them. There are a lot of restaurants we've never done and we've never done a character meal.

Since we're going next September it's possible we will have our choice of a percentage off for CL or free dining. I'm very torn. Again - no interest in doing both. Thoughts??

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: