Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #2656
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Just one more question before we leave on Sunday. I bought some reusable water bottles to take with us. Can we fill them up with the lounges water in the morning and afternoon or would it be better to ship some bottled water to the resort and just leave the reusable ones at home?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #2657
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

The lounge staff at BC always handed us water bottles to take to the parks, but there were pitchers of water also. You could fill up your reusable bottles there?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #2658
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jenny, I'll plan on packing the bottles. They're around a 20oz size. All I drink is water and a lot of it. Oh and a lot of adult beverages too.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #2659
Julylady
DIS Veteran

We will be staying at BWI club level later this month. Due to a medical condition I can only drink sugar free, non carbonated beverages. Will coffee and water be my only options? I have been able to purchase Vitamin Water Zero at some of the hotel gift shops on prior trips. Has anyone ever seen these types of beverages in the Lounge?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #2660
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julylady View Post
We will be staying at BWI club level later this month. Due to a medical condition I can only drink sugar free, non carbonated beverages. Will coffee and water be my only options? I have been able to purchase Vitamin Water Zero at some of the hotel gift shops on prior trips. Has anyone ever seen these types of beverages in the Lounge?
I don't recall seeing special drinks like that in the lounge. I think I've seen them in the frig case at the nearby Screen Door General Store. They also might sell them in the little shop that's actually in BWI.

TY Kook!

Last edited by gwynne; 09-05-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #2661
NicoleLarson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninafeliz
I'm interested in the people who said they requested a specific drink or food and actually got it brought into the lounge for them during their stay. We're staying at the Poly CL in October, and I emailed IPO to ask about the possibility of the lounge having Redbridge beer for my DH during our stay, which is gluten free (he has a gluten intolerance). WDW does carry the beer in their bars, but not in the CL lounges. The IPO emailed me back and said that they would be willing to get us the beer and put it in the fridge and charge our account for it. While I appreciate that that is not something that they would do for someone not staying club level (at least I don't think so), we were not anticipating paying for it. He just wanted a beer he could drink in the lounge. Given that option he said he'll be happy to stick with the wine and cordials. I figured that was just the way it was, you only get what the lounges stock, not a huge deal. But after reading through this it seems as if others have had luck at getting specific items (or beer) brought to the lounge for them during their stay. Is this just resort specific, or even CM specific?

It really isn't a big deal, he said he doesn't really care about it, I just thought it might be a nice perk of being CL and I would try for him. Not looking to complain, just wondered what others thought.
I think it is CM specific. At AKL Cl I was pregnant with horrible nausea. The only thing I could drink was ginger ale. I asked on our first night if by any chance they had some. The CM went to the back and came out with 2 or 3. So the next night I asked a different CM and he nicely said no, they didn't have any. I explained that the CM the night before went to the back and magically appeared with a couple. So he went to check and out he came with a couple more. So I would ask for it when you get there, perhaps you will have a better chance by talking directly to the CL CM's as opposed to the IPO CM's.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #2662
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I have say with our first CL trip coming up here soon, the IPO at the BC has been fantastic so far. I can't wait to go in person for the real thing.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #2663
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
I have say with our first CL trip coming up here soon, the IPO at the BC has been fantastic so far. I can't wait to go in person for the real thing.
Can't wait to hear how you like it!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #2664
NicoleLarson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninafeliz
I'm interested in the people who said they requested a specific drink or food and actually got it brought into the lounge for them during their stay. We're staying at the Poly CL in October, and I emailed IPO to ask about the possibility of the lounge having Redbridge beer for my DH during our stay, which is gluten free (he has a gluten intolerance). WDW does carry the beer in their bars, but not in the CL lounges. The IPO emailed me back and said that they would be willing to get us the beer and put it in the fridge and charge our account for it. While I appreciate that that is not something that they would do for someone not staying club level (at least I don't think so), we were not anticipating paying for it. He just wanted a beer he could drink in the lounge. Given that option he said he'll be happy to stick with the wine and cordials. I figured that was just the way it was, you only get what the lounges stock, not a huge deal. But after reading through this it seems as if others have had luck at getting specific items (or beer) brought to the lounge for them during their stay. Is this just resort specific, or even CM specific?

It really isn't a big deal, he said he doesn't really care about it, I just thought it might be a nice perk of being CL and I would try for him. Not looking to complain, just wondered what others thought.
I think it is CM specific. At AKL Cl I was pregnant with horrible nausea. The only thing I could drink was ginger ale. I asked on our first night if by any chance they had some. The CM went to the back and came out with 2 or 3. So the next night I asked a different CM and he nicely said no, they didn't have any. I explained that the CM the night before went to the back and magically appeared with a couple. So he went to check and out he came with a couple more. So I would ask for it when you get there, perhaps you will have a better chance by talking directly to the CL CM's as opposed to the IPO CM's.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #2665
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
I have had really good experiences with the BC IPO as well!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #2666
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Help!

I have a std main building RPC room for one night followed by a deluxe king room for 2 nights. I put in a request for a king for the first night but IPO responded that I had booked a 2queen room. On the disney website it says 2q's or 1 king. I always thought they had a few kings std and the deluxe cost more because they have extra features (MK view, whirlpool or octagon room, etc).

Does anybody know of /or have stayed in a std main building king?

Thanks!

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
Old 09-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #2667
trishadono
DIS Veteran

anybody?

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
Old 09-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #2668
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
anybody?
Have you tried k&a&c'smom's GF thread?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #2669
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Have you tried k&a&c'smom's GF thread?
Yep!

Old 09-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #2670
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Help!

I have a std main building RPC room for one night followed by a deluxe king room for 2 nights. I put in a request for a king for the first night but IPO responded that I had booked a 2queen room. On the disney website it says 2q's or 1 king. I always thought they had a few kings std and the deluxe cost more because they have extra features (MK view, whirlpool or octagon room, etc).

Does anybody know of /or have stayed in a std main building king?

Thanks!
I would call central reservations to ask about the booking categories.
I've stayed there before, but never in a king.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: