Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #2641
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Does anyone know if Joffrey coffee has made it to WL? They put a machine in at BWI last week.. I am hoping it has made it to WL
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #2642
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Yippee

Got passholder discount on 2 of my 3 nights!

I upgraded dh and I from gv to one night Std RPC (20% off cheaptickets) then next 2 nights with ph to deluxe king RPC!!

Do I request 2nd floor with marina view or octagon room? Which did you like?
If you don't mind not having a balcony, I definitely recommend the octagon room. We had one facing the lagoon (back before the construction), and the range of view was incredible. We could even see Wishes if we pulled back the drapes behind the TV. The room was HUGE. If you go that route, I would specifically request a "lagoon-facing octagon room."
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #2643
ninafeliz
Mouseketeer

I'm interested in the people who said they requested a specific drink or food and actually got it brought into the lounge for them during their stay. We're staying at the Poly CL in October, and I emailed IPO to ask about the possibility of the lounge having Redbridge beer for my DH during our stay, which is gluten free (he has a gluten intolerance). WDW does carry the beer in their bars, but not in the CL lounges. The IPO emailed me back and said that they would be willing to get us the beer and put it in the fridge and charge our account for it. While I appreciate that that is not something that they would do for someone not staying club level (at least I don't think so), we were not anticipating paying for it. He just wanted a beer he could drink in the lounge. Given that option he said he'll be happy to stick with the wine and cordials. I figured that was just the way it was, you only get what the lounges stock, not a huge deal. But after reading through this it seems as if others have had luck at getting specific items (or beer) brought to the lounge for them during their stay. Is this just resort specific, or even CM specific?

It really isn't a big deal, he said he doesn't really care about it, I just thought it might be a nice perk of being CL and I would try for him. Not looking to complain, just wondered what others thought.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #2644
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
How do you get the 40%? That is fantastic!!!
It was an email PIN .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Yippee

Got passholder discount on 2 of my 3 nights!

I upgraded dh and I from gv to one night Std RPC (20% off cheaptickets) then next 2 nights with ph to deluxe king RPC!!

Do I request 2nd floor with marina view or octagon room? Which did you like?
Congrats......you're going to love RPC .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I upgraded my AKL Pool to WL CL for November!! I can't wait! I have so many questions.
We loved our AKL pool view, but WL CL is amazing.....you're going to love it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #2645
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninafeliz View Post
I'm interested in the people who said they requested a specific drink or food and actually got it brought into the lounge for them during their stay. We're staying at the Poly CL in October, and I emailed IPO to ask about the possibility of the lounge having Redbridge beer for my DH during our stay, which is gluten free (he has a gluten intolerance). WDW does carry the beer in their bars, but not in the CL lounges. The IPO emailed me back and said that they would be willing to get us the beer and put it in the fridge and charge our account for it. While I appreciate that that is not something that they would do for someone not staying club level (at least I don't think so), we were not anticipating paying for it. He just wanted a beer he could drink in the lounge. Given that option he said he'll be happy to stick with the wine and cordials. I figured that was just the way it was, you only get what the lounges stock, not a huge deal. But after reading through this it seems as if others have had luck at getting specific items (or beer) brought to the lounge for them during their stay. Is this just resort specific, or even CM specific?

It really isn't a big deal, he said he doesn't really care about it, I just thought it might be a nice perk of being CL and I would try for him. Not looking to complain, just wondered what others thought.
I have to agree that I dont see why they couldnt have one six pack put in yor fridge w/o charging. We pay alot for the CL and alcohol is always included. I dont think that just anyone should be able to say demand Stella beer b/c they like it or Orange soda but when someone needs GF that seems different..If I were you, Id ask to speak to a manager about that. I think they said his name was Marcello?
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 09-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #2646
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's not unusual that they would mention a charge for a special request drink. In actuality, they may charge you, they may not.
It is handy that they will shop and pop it in your frig for you.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 09-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #2647
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was gluten free when I was there in May (BC CL) but I don't drink so never asked about beer. I'm just guessing here, but perhaps it's because they have other offerings of alcohol that he can drink? I got replacements for some things, but not most and usually it was when they had no alternatives, like dessert. For apps I picked the few things that were GF, breakfast the same. Anything I got as an alternative they carried their in their kitchen. So I'm guessing perhaps the GF beer is something they do not carry in their kitchen or they may otherwise substitute.

All in all my experience with the CL wasn't great with the allergies. It took me til almost the day before we left before a really super CM took the extra step to help find me more to eat.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #2648
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseCT View Post
I was at the Polynesian CL and over heard a guest ask if they could get the fabulous bread from Ohana. They said no problem it would be in the offerings tomorrow night.It was there.
Rob
Interesting...

We stayed at Poly about three years ago...

Before we stayed there, I had heard they served the 'Ohana bread. Just before our stay, all CL's changed menus...cutting back due to recession.

During our stay, I asked if they had Poly bread. Was given a fairly curt, "no," and no offer to get it for us.

I have not been back to Poly. simply put, we have been making an effort to try EACH CL at least once, though we've stayed at CR quite a few times. Most recently, we tried WL CL for the first time.

What you posted is consistent with our CL experience overall. While I can't speak specifically to Poly, obviously, I can say, the WL staff were super nice. Also, on my most recent CR stay, the staff went above and beyond previous visits. I'm wondering if WDW is trying to reverse course when it comes to CL. i.e. trying to reverse the 'cutbacks' trend. Beyond CL, we think food quality property wide has improved over the last two years.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #2649
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Oh I hope they have the Poly bread when we go in 2 weeks YUM!

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 09-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #2650
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Keep in mind, IPO is not the same thing at CL staff. Simply, more than once IPO and CM's have given me differing answers. The IPO's tend to give very conservative answers. The details are often quite fuzzy. I think all the CL's have cold drink coolers with juice boxes. Before that, one CM offered to get us juice boxes to take to the pool. The next visit, we were told no juice boxes.

I just posted about an upwards trend I've seen...it always kinda depends on the personality of the CM you talk with, and their experience level. More experienced CM's seem to know more about what they can do. There's also variation between CL's. Like GF is the only CL to offer plain yogurt. Beyond that, I was told there is considerable variation among guests/ordering.

We noticed Greek yogurt too. So I asked. I was told all CL's are going to carry it, but they can't get it every week. I was further told, some weeks nobody eats yogurt, other weeks- they get a group of yogurt-lovers.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #2651
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
Interesting...

Before we stayed there, I had heard they served the 'Ohana bread. Just before our stay, all CL's changed menus...cutting back due to recession.

During our stay, I asked if they had Poly bread. Was given a fairly curt, "no," and no offer to get it for us.

I have not been back to Poly. simply put, we have been making an effort to try EACH CL at least once, though we've stayed at CR quite a few times. Most recently, we tried WL CL for the first time.

What you posted is consistent with our CL experience overall. While I can't speak specifically to Poly, obviously, I can say, the WL staff were super nice. Also, on my most recent CR stay, the staff went above and beyond previous visits. I'm wondering if WDW is trying to reverse course when it comes to CL. i.e. trying to reverse the 'cutbacks' trend. Beyond CL, we think food quality property wide has improved over the last two years.
We can hope so!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #2652
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Can anyone answer this for me...

Okay I have a question. I was going to stop at the post office and pick up 1 or 2 of the pre-paid boxes they have. I thought this would be a good idea so that I could mail back some of the things that we are going to buy. My question is, will the Poly be able to mail them for me? The postage will already be paid, I just need the mail to pick it up. Has anyone done this.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 09-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #2653
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:

I don't know about beer, but WL CL provided my friend with Soy milk for her milk allergy and they had Rice milk for her baby who has a milk and soy allergy. I had noted it on the form that I filled out and sent back to IPO, but she asked when she went to the lounge and they went to the back and brought out what she needed. They were individual boxes like juice boxes and didn't have to be kept in the fridge unless they were opened.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #2654
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I got my IPO email tonight.. So excited!!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #2655
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post

Interesting...

I think you are on to something with this point. It makes sense from an economic standpoint. When the economy was good, prices were high and the service level was also high. When the economy was bad, rooms were deeply discounted dropping the prices and cutbacks were made on offerings and service levels. Now, as the economy is improving, prices are rising, discounts are harder to come by, and the service level is also rising.

me miss J my little princess (2)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: