Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #2521
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
It's not meant as a meal it's meant as a snack or appetizer.

The problem comes from guests taking so much of the offerings not thinking about the other ppl in the lounge or making their way to the lounge to eat as well. It's not fair to the other guests to take enough to make a meal if it was meant as a meal it would say Dinner but it doesn't. Breakfast is the only offering meant as a meal.

Maybe you were able to take just a little of each & could call that a meal but I know for my family & we are all small ppl, could not make that our dinner and be satisfied..
I feel the same. It's a nice snack after an afternoon workout in the gym. We are way to active a family to call that a meal. I also have preteen son that eats every chance he gets.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #2522
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

sorry duplicate post
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #2523
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
We have every intention of using CL as a meal replacement, at least for breakfast on a few days. A bagel and cream cheese and a small bowl of fruit is plenty for me for breakfast. It will be very convenient with the baby that is traveling with us, she gets up early and this way she can eat before we head out and none of us will feel rushed.

I know my DH and my friend and her husband are looking forward to the free beer and snacks in the afternoon/evening as well as the dessert options at the WL CL.
I understand what you are saying. I replied in post # 2520.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #2524
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Breakfast in the lounge is breakfast.
The evening offerings are appetizers. It's nice to stop by, relax, enjoy a few snacks and a drink. It's a great treat to come back later in the evening and have some dessert. Yummy!
Can't wait for the dessert, we hear it's a different cobbler every evening, looking forward to that.

I do get what others mean by not really making a dinner meal out of the offerings, based on what I have seen. If you have big eaters, like DH and DF's husband.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #2525
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Can't wait for the dessert, we hear it's a different cobbler every evening, looking forward to that.

I do get what others mean by not really making a dinner meal out of the offerings, based on what I have seen. If you have big eaters, like DH and DF's husband.
Honestly, "making a meal out of" the club level offerings is so subjective. For us, I guess we technically do "make a meal out of it". However, that doesn't mean dumping a whole tray of food on our plates....

None of us are big eaters, especially our 6 and 9 year olds. DH and I often order just appetizers at restaurants and sometimes even share those. For breakfast in CL, it is almost TOO much food for us...as DH and I don't even typically eat breakfast. My girls are quite happy with some fruit and cereal or a bagel, as that is what they get at home. If we have a big breakfast at home, it is usually for dinner...

At Disney, we typically do a TS lunch, and then have snacks in the lounge if we get a little hungry. But the appetizers in the evening are plenty of food for us, especially after a big lunch. For instance, at WL CL, a bowl of chili, some bread and veggies is a perfect meal!!

I honestly wish people would stop arguing over whether people "make a meal" out of the CL offerings or not, because it is so very subjective. One persons meal may be another's snack...and vice versa.

NOW, when you get to the discussion of those people who do empty out an entire tray of food, when there are others standing there to eat as well....well, you just have bad manners there, and I think (and hope) that's more of the exception than the rule. I have not witnessed this type of behavior myself, but when I read about it, I am always

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #2526
Deb123
Mouseketeer

We have never intended CL as a meal replacement, however different appetites at different times have made that happen from time to time. On our recent stay at WL CL the food was so hearty, that it did indeed become dinner a few times. (and it was not because we made pigs of ourselves or anything, the food is just very filling) For example: Buffalo chili and honey chili glazed chicken wings were served one night IN ADDITION to all of the other appetizers. Also beef stew, or seafood chowder. Always a fresh berry cobbler in the evening. Their blueberry cobbler was one of the most delicious things I have ever put in my mouth.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #2527
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb123 View Post
We have never intended CL as a meal replacement, however different appetites at different times have made that happen from time to time. On our recent stay at WL CL the food was so hearty, that it did indeed become dinner a few times. (and it was not because we made pigs of ourselves or anything, the food is just very filling) For example: Buffalo chili and honey chili glazed chicken wings were served one night IN ADDITION to all of the other appetizers. Also beef stew, or seafood chowder. Always a fresh berry cobbler in the evening. Their blueberry cobbler was one of the most delicious things I have ever put in my mouth.
Sounds like I should try out WL CL! YC has had the same appetizers (pot stickers, quesadillas, crab rangoon, bacon wrapped scallops) for years now & WL's sound way more yummy than YC's! And fruit cobbler?! Instead of just the same cookies, brownies & mousse?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #2528
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610 View Post
Morning!

I've changed our plans for October a number of times, mostly to get the biggest bang for our buck and take advantage of the great discounts Disney has been offering. I have now made my final change (fingers crossed) and we are staying BC SV CL. I've heard good and bad stories, but I'm more interested in knowing how I should put a room request in. We want to be on the 5th floor, and full balcony, but does anyone know if these rooms exist near the EPCOT entrance? Can anyone recommend anything else I should request? Thanks so much!
I have stayed @ BC (non club) & YC (club level) many times. I can say all club rooms @ both resorts are on the 5th floor, except the deluxe rooms & some suites. And you need to take the key- controlled main elevators to access the 5th floor, so your room request should be "near elevator". So no access to the "secret" Epcot entrance, except from the lobby.

Can't answer about the full balcony. If no one answers here, ask on the Y&B Club thread. Teena, who posts there, is a greeter @ BC & will have an answer for you. Plus lots of posters there have stayed club level & will probably know.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #2529
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

I don't think people were arguing over whether of not CL can be a meal replacement. They are just giving their opinion. If someone asks a question that's what they are going to get is lots of different opinions.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #2530
Disney Diva Mom
Mouseketeer

Staying at AKL CL in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations what not to miss? (Never stayed at AKL before). Thanks!!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #2531
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmat1 View Post

I can't tell from your post if you're being serious or sarcastic, but assuming someone likes the food they put out, it is EASY to make the offerings into a full meal. I should know since we did it not once, but twice on our stay at YC CL this past week. Consider on one night the following -

1. BREAD: Dinner rolls with butter
2. SALAD: Veggies/dip, salad offerings, marinated olives
3. CHEESE: cheeses on assorted breads and crackers with dried fruit and hummus
4. ENTREES: pork potstickers and conch fritters each with their own dipping sauces
5. WINE
6. FRUIT: with cut up fresh fruit - apples, oranges and bananas
7. KIDS OFFERINGS: Additional make your own PB&J on rolls and apple slices dipped in caramel sauce

Then, later :

8. DESSERT: Mini assorted desserts
9. CORDIALS
(We took dessert and cordials back to our room to eat/drink while watching illuminations from the balcony)

You don't think that's a meal?
First, I wasn't being sarcastic-I was just simply stating my opinion.
I don't think most people take the R.O. offer & use it as a meal replacement. Could you? I guess? We go to dinner @ were rarely even there for appetizers, & occas. are there for the evening cordials & such.
My DD has a severe peanut/tree nut allergy, so that isn't an option & as I said, I have two teenage kids, who eat more than a large adult.
Each concierge lounge has different offerings & I just can't see using the CL as a meal replacement. For breakfast? Sure. We enjoy going out to the restaurants in Epcot & spend time enjoying Disney.
That's just my opinion as others have also stated.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 08-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #2532
Deb123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Sounds like I should try out WL CL! YC has had the same appetizers (pot stickers, quesadillas, crab rangoon, bacon wrapped scallops) for years now & WL's sound way more yummy than YC's! And fruit cobbler?! Instead of just the same cookies, brownies & mousse?
They had the same cookies, brownies, but instead of mousse or cupcakes, it was the magic cookie bars. This was the same every night but the homemade fresh berry cobbler was different each night. There was blueberry, strawberry, peach, mixed berry, and then it was repeated. The same appetizers you mentioned above are every night as well at WL, but in addition, there is always a big pot of chili, stew, or chowder. Oh and one night there was a rice dish that had seafood and sausage in it. Very tasty. It was just hearty food that did not take much and you were full! I felt like the breakfast at BC CL was a lot better, but WL's evening offerings were just amazing.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #2533
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Honestly, "making a meal out of" the club level offerings is so subjective. For us, I guess we technically do "make a meal out of it". However, that doesn't mean dumping a whole tray of food on our plates....

None of us are big eaters, especially our 6 and 9 year olds. DH and I often order just appetizers at restaurants and sometimes even share those. For breakfast in CL, it is almost TOO much food for us...as DH and I don't even typically eat breakfast. My girls are quite happy with some fruit and cereal or a bagel, as that is what they get at home. If we have a big breakfast at home, it is usually for dinner...

At Disney, we typically do a TS lunch, and then have snacks in the lounge if we get a little hungry. But the appetizers in the evening are plenty of food for us, especially after a big lunch. For instance, at WL CL, a bowl of chili, some bread and veggies is a perfect meal!!

I honestly wish people would stop arguing over whether people "make a meal" out of the CL offerings or not, because it is so very subjective. One persons meal may be another's snack...and vice versa.

NOW, when you get to the discussion of those people who do empty out an entire tray of food, when there are others standing there to eat as well....well, you just have bad manners there, and I think (and hope) that's more of the exception than the rule. I have not witnessed this type of behavior myself, but when I read about it, I am always
I agree!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #2534
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmat1 View Post
assuming someone likes the food they put out, it is EASY to make the offerings into a full meal. I should know since we did it not once, but twice on our stay at YC CL this past week.
Yep, it worked for us for dinner a few nights as well. After a big, sit-down lunch, just snacking at dinner was plenty for us. Now, my 16-year old usually needed something additional from Capn Cooks (burger, grilled cheese, etc), but he's constantly eating these days
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 08-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #2535
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Yep, completely agree
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: