Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #2476
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to update my post about not hearing from IPO first since the dark ages of snail mail, and that is with 2-3 CL stays a year for at least the last 10 years. I booked BWI over the weekend for September and got an email from IPO yesterday. Maybe they read my post. No form to fill out just an itinerary with the ADR's I booked. It said to contact them with my arrival time and any requests. I will probably email them with my arrival time so I have a better chance of having the room ready when we arrive, although most of the time we get a room right away even as early as 7 AM.

I agree with OP's that say to call them with questions. I have called them in the past and always found them very helpful. I'll try emailing them this time since there is nothing I need them to do to see what response I get. This is my first contact with the BWI, YC/BC IPO even though we have stayed several times at the YC. I am curious now to see what kind of email response I get.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #2477
TJA
DIS Veteran

Add me to the list of having difficulties communicating via email with IPO. I just posted on the WL thread. I contacted WL IPO letting them know my approx arrival time and room requests. They proceeded to send me a reply telling me they have a different arrival date than I do. They told me in 2 separate emails to call Disney reservations to verify my dates in the system. Long story short, I lost a lot of time by calling Disney reservations myself and yes the dates are indeed correct in the system. Disney CM told me that IPO can easily verify my dates in the system, which really makes me wonder why IPO didn't do that in the first place. I ended up calling IPO back and the CM said that their header is wrong but after pulling up my reservation she could see its all correct! It took her 3 seconds to check it -- wish they would've just taken those 3 seconds in the first place!
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #2478
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
Add me to the list of having difficulties communicating via email with IPO. I just posted on the WL thread. I contacted WL IPO letting them know my approx arrival time and room requests. They proceeded to send me a reply telling me they have a different arrival date than I do. They told me in 2 separate emails to call Disney reservations to verify my dates in the system. Long story short, I lost a lot of time by calling Disney reservations myself and yes the dates are indeed correct in the system. Disney CM told me that IPO can easily verify my dates in the system, which really makes me wonder why IPO didn't do that in the first place. I ended up calling IPO back and the CM said that their header is wrong but after pulling up my reservation she could see its all correct! It took her 3 seconds to check it -- wish they would've just taken those 3 seconds in the first place!
That must have been so frustrating! It's so much easier to call. Things that are either complicated, or really specific-like number errors/concerns-I think are nearly always best handled by phone.

It's just too easy for one party to think they understand what the issue is, when they really don't have the big picture. Instant verbal feedback corrects that.

The good thing is, they don't mind calls at all. We need to keep spreading the word.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 08-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #2479
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

As many times as we have stayed CL I've never had them do my ADRs unless I'm changing one while at WDW.

My question is: can Poly IPO add an anniversary note to all the ADRs I made? I arrive in 2 weeks & emailed yesterday asking them if they could note each ADR. I haven't heard back yet hopefully I will tomorrow they have been so good in the past with returning emails.

Second question: have a limo coming to pick
Us up to bring us to dinner at Flying Fish, is there any reason I need to let Poly Ipo know they will be coming?
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 08-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #2480
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
As many times as we have stayed CL I've never had them do my ADRs unless I'm changing one while at WDW.
I also have never had CL do any of my ADRs either. That is about to change though this year. While I am in WDW in Nov/Dec, my 180 day window opens up for our June trip. I don't feel like being on the phone for 30 or more minutes while on vacation and with how slow the website is, I'm thinking I will have to place my trust in the IPO to make those for me.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 08-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #2481
wyurm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I also have never had CL do any of my ADRs either. That is about to change though this year. While I am in WDW in Nov/Dec, my 180 day window opens up for our June trip. I don't feel like being on the phone for 30 or more minutes while on vacation and with how slow the website is, I'm thinking I will have to place my trust in the IPO to make those for me.
It's definitely worth it. I had a few hard to get ADRs (CRT, BOG) and the IPO got all of my ADRs at either the exact time or within half an hour. I was really impressed and will use them every time I choose club level.

The only reason I put my trust in them this time was the CRT reservation. I saw online some advice about how to get the ressie and it involved dialing constantly at 7 eastern time. The week I hit 180 days was my week to work nights. I would have had to call just as I was supposed to be getting ready to leave work. I just decided I had nothing to lose and I feel I made the right choice.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #2482
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post

My question is: can Poly IPO add an anniversary note to all the ADRs I made? I arrive in 2 weeks & emailed yesterday asking them if they could note each ADR. I haven't heard back yet hopefully I will tomorrow they have been so good in the past with returning emails.

Second question: have a limo coming to pick
Us up to bring us to dinner at Flying Fish, is there any reason I need to let Poly Ipo know they will be coming?
Yes, IPO can add the anniversary to your ADR's. I would still check with the concierge when you arrive that they have been added, and they can add it then if for some reason it wasn't done. The Poly IPO did not add the anniversary to our ADR and I didn't check. I was only disappointed because I wanted to surprise my DH with the personalized menu from Narcoossees.

No need to tell IPO about the limo. Happy Anniversary.

Quote:
Before we could make ADR's online I had IPO make them for me and they always got everything I wanted. I wouldn't hesitate to let them do it. I wouldn't want to waste my vacation time on it either.

Update on my email to IPO. I received a reply within an hour of my email with my room request and time of arrival. I got the typical response that said they will try but nothing is guaranteed. It was signed. I very rarely put in a request so we shall see if I get what I asked for. When I checked into BWI in January nobody met me outside or took my luggage. I went to the lobby and told them I was checking in CL. I had to sit in the lobby for almost a half hour before someone finally took me upstairs.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #2483
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

First stay for us on property and CL. We are staying BC CL and I am wondering about those refillable mugs. Does anyone use them? Or is the availability of drinks in the club make it overkill to purchase those as well? Sorry if this is covered somewhere already.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #2484
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi everyone,

First stay for us on property and CL. We are staying BC CL and I am wondering about those refillable mugs. Does anyone use them? Or is the availability of drinks in the club make it overkill to purchase those as well? Sorry if this is covered somewhere already.

Thanks
I don't think you'll need to purchase the mugs staying CL now they come free with dining plan so if you have that I'd grab them to take home
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #2485
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had them do all of mine - I live on the West Coast and didn't feel like getting up at 4:00 AM on a work day. I got all requests within 20 minutes of requested times except BOG which many people had trouble getting that week.

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2486
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

HBG dancermom, I think it is overkill to buy the mugs during a CL stay. The lounge will be much closer to your room than the mug refill stations. Plus, the lounge has cans of soda so you can easily take them to go. Dh has bought mugs during a CL stay but only because he wanted them as a souvenir.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #2487
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Im just curious, Does anyone know what hot offerings they have at RPC?
Old 08-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #2488
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
We don't get the mugs when we stay CL.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #2489
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks

We stay CL and we buy mugs for my husband and myself--we like the variety from both CS and CL. We like the Gold Peak Tea, Fountain Beverages as opposed to cans and other beverages not available in club. Our children like, milk, water, hot chocolate and juice so club is fine with them and they don't need mugs. It just depends on your beverage preferences. You can always check things out when you get to the resort.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #2490
Deb123
Mouseketeer

We stayed for 6 nights Club level at WL the last week in June. I took several pics of the Club's food offerings, they are still on my phone and not sure really how to post on here (new to this) If anyone has any questions about the offerings, I'd be happy to answer. The only thing I was disappointed in was that there was not any hot oatmeal for breakfast. We've stayed club level several times at BC and there was always oatmeal over there so was just surprised it wasn't at WL. That is basically what I eat for breakfast every morning, so I just went downstairs and got it from the QS restaurant. I have to say the food at night was hands down AMAZING! Hearty, good food and wonderful fresh cobblers. Yummy!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: