Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #2446
tsme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome Home View Post
A few pages back there was a discussion about how IPO just provides phone numbers and websites now instead of doing any research. I have a great example of that today. I called BC IPO and asked if they could obtain a current menu from GF Afternoon Tea Room. DH and I are interested in going there but I read they have removed the a la carte menu items. I told her at the beginning of the conversation that the menu was not on the Disney website. I asked if she could call or email the restaurant to get a current menu. Her answer was to provide me with the Disboard menu page.

Has anyone eaten there in the last month? If so were the a la carte items still available? DH and I would like to walk over for a snack w/o the kids but don't want to spend $75 to $100 on it.
I just read a item about the GF tea on disboards. The person posted that the only a la carte left was the cheese plate. Hope that helps
Old 08-18-2013, 03:13 AM   #2447
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry people aren't having the best experiences with the IPOd but yesterday I had the complete opposite.

I'm looking to have some treatments at the GF spa, I was sent a brochure of treatments but it was different to the website, I emailed explaining this, a couple of hours later I receive a phone call from the BC IPO, they'd called the GF spa to find out which was correct, then called me and even suggested what treatments to have. Very impressed

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #2448
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
I'm sorry people aren't having the best experiences with the IPOd but yesterday I had the complete opposite.

I'm looking to have some treatments at the GF spa, I was sent a brochure of treatments but it was different to the website, I emailed explaining this, a couple of hours later I receive a phone call from the BC IPO, they'd called the GF spa to find out which was correct, then called me and even suggested what treatments to have. Very impressed
I have to agree with Clare. I have a CL room at WL booked for September, just my husband and me, and then 4 rooms for December at BC for my children and us. We have all had very positive experiences. I have had very prompt responses and phone calls from WL IPO, since this was a quick trip planned they have called me when I wanted the dessert party and for spa services too.

My children have had very good response from BC IPO with their questions also. I wanted to make sure my CC# was put down for whatever meals or special bookings they had and IPO called to confirm this with me!! They asked if I could adopt them too!!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #2449
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post

This is us too. We've had nothing but positive interactions with the IPO at the YC. They're on top of every request and email I've sent. So looking forward to actually being there.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #2450
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

We are staying CL for the first time in November and I must say I have been impressed with the prompt response I have rec'd back both times I have contacted IPO.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #2451
wyurm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We are staying CL for the first time in November and I must say I have been impressed with the prompt response I have rec'd back both times I have contacted IPO.
Same here. It's our first CL stay and the IPO has nothing but awesome. I've seen people say the IPO doesn't go as far as they used to but I feel they've done a lot more than I expected so far.

That said, they did make mistakes on both of my non-dining reservations and I had to call to correct those mistakes. This just doesn't bother me and I even understand it. I didn't suffer any lasting damage to my plans so I'm not bothered. Others might not see it that way. Overall the IPO has left a very good impression on me. They even got me a 5:30 BOG reservation!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #2452
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

My first response from the IPO left me sort of taken a back as it was very general and all it said glad you are coming. please contact us with questions. I was not offered the itinerary planning page to fill out as many people discussed. I was expecting more I think form reading the thread

With that being said. I am not passing judgment. I already have all my ADRs as we only just switched out reservation to WL CL and going for the holidays meant making ADRs right at 180 days. I told my IPO this in my opening message (before thy could send me one) so that could be why.

They did tell me they had marked down my room requests and told me to contact they with any questions.

I sent an email asking several questions I had and wondering how they could help. I will see how the responses come in.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #2453
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

We have always received an attachment with that email that contains the Personal Itinerary Planner (PIP) form. If your email does not have this attachment, you might want to reply to them and ask them to send another email with the PIP attachment.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #2454
2manypets
DIS Veteran

The IPO can see on their computer that you've already made ADR's, thus no PIP. We'd already made ours also so no PIP for us either. You have to keep in mind that the IPO office is taking care of ALL the CL guests and their requests.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #2455
1girln3boys
Mouseketeer

Did you book through a travel agent? That's who sent me my form. They sent it to get then she sent it to me.

Me: 38 DH: 39 DD 16 DS 14 DS 8 DS 6

Past Disney Trips:
First Family Trip Pop Century: June 6-11 2011
All Star Sports: May 31st-June 9th 2012
Old 08-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #2456
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
Not trying to attack you...but threads about tipping usually go south. As such, the DIS has put a ban in most tipping discussions, especially debates over how much to tip. If you look in the dining section of the DIS, there is a sticky thread there regarding tipping if you desire more information. I think there's also a tiny bit of info in the top of this thread.

That said, I'll try to answer your question on a very basic non-rule breaking level. Guests do have the option of tipping for turndown. Timing varies, and I haven't paid much attention, but sometimes we've been at our room when they have come by. I'd say usually it's between 4 to 7pm. Staff always knocks. Turndown is slightly more than just turning down the bed sheets. They also refresh towels, empty the trash.

One possible option, should you desire to have a little fun with in-room tipping (any reason), is to use a clearly marked envelope. (or use the hotel notepad for a quick note.) It's also practical. What makes it 'fun' is that you and/or children in your group- can personalize it with a picture. Picture drawing can be a great way to keep antsy kids busy. Sometimes, if you are very lucky, the staff member might 'communicate' back. Further, if you are going to be out of the room most of the day, envelopes have an added purpose/advantage - again should you desire to tip either room keeping or turndown- you can designate which staff is supposed to get which money. Hope that helps (and doesn't break any rules.) Phew, I think I added enough qualifiers!
I've been on th Disboards fro quite sometime and know exactly where tipping discussions go, that's why I didn't ask it as a general question, since this is specific to staying Club Level. I haven' been on here much in awhile, so I didn't know that asking had been banned. I won't do it again.

The only cild in our group will be 15 months old and she isn't allowed to have writing instruments just yet. Thank you for the info.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #2457
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

After our reservationw as moved from a Standard room at the Poly to a CL room at WL, I contacted IPO myself, they sent me the PIP and I filled it out and sent it back. We already have our ADR's booked, but I had some other basic info (food allergy info) to add to ours along with a view request that if we don't get won't be a big deal. Other than that, I haven't contacted them at all.

We used a TA (friend), but I don't think she heard from them at all for me or she would have let me know.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #2458
ninafeliz
Mouseketeer

Subscribing.

Super excited about our upcoming Lagoon View Club Level stay at the Poly in October, slightly nervous about the possibility of the view being impacted by upcoming construction.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #2459
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

I figured with all the ADR's I made I would not need the form...thanks everyone. Still super excited for our stay.

I sent an email with my questions and have plenty of time to get the answers I need. I think they should take down the instant reply saying you will be responded to in 24 hours. I am not worries about that at all. They should just say they will get back to you soon
Old 08-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #2460
2dopes
Earning My Ears

Is concierge level worth it?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: