Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #2431
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

To elaberate on why I prefer the GF SLCL, the resort is on the monorail line, so even if your going to EP more or like it more you have easy access. The food offerings had more variety. The walk from our room to the lounge was a looooong hike.. We were actually shocked on how far the walk was..It made getting a cup of coffee NOT a quick trip..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 08-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #2432
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome Home View Post
We have a split stay next May, GF and BC. Originally we were staying at the Poly and BC, both of them CL. We decided to switch from Poly due to construction concerns. The only discounted rooms available at GF were lagoon view or RPC TPV. It was over $1000 more for 4 nights for RPC with a discount. We couldn't justify that, especially since DH didn't like RPC. I am scared we are going to feel disappointed without CL for that part of the trip. Have you gone on a non CL trip and not missed it?

We like CL, but most certainly do visits without it. First, it only makes sense to pay for extra amenities that we'll use. If we have an early morning departure flight, we sometimes opt to stay at the MCO Hyatt the last night. It's kind of a no-brainer. Second, it's fun to stay at all the WDW resorts. They all have pros and cons. Dining variation is another reason to pick different parts of WDW. The downside of CL is that your home lounge is a tad monotonous all week.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #2433
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
We were worried about no CL or deluxe for that matter for our Christmas trip at POR but we had a great time and POR was beautiful, I'd definitely stay there again!!

That being said we originally booked our Sept trip at POFQ then changed to BWI, then to CR and then to Poly. We haven't stayed at the Poly w/o CL yet and DH couldn't stand it so I had to add it.. SMH.. Don't get me wrong I love CL but its not good for us that he feels we can't go w/o it..

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
I'm glad to hear you enjoy your non-club level trips. It's been a long time since we haven't stayed Club level. I was finally able to drop Club level at BC and book a GV room for 5 nights after our cruise. It just popped up this morning.I have been stalking the website day and night for the last month for a GV room. I'm still booked at WL CL for three nights before the cruise, and I'm having a hard time giving that CL up.

I don't know if I'm going to enjoy the weather the first part of Sept., but wow is it easy planning a trip at this time. There is still lots of availability at every resort with the AP discount. I may have to consider September again next year.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #2434
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Does anyone here prefer BC Hotel & its CL to GF hotel & it's RPC CL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
There is club level at RPC and Sugar Loaf at the GF. Which would you book for a 4 day visit? What is the difference? Why is the RPC SO much more expensive? Is it really worth hundreds of $$$ per night more? Do you have access to both if you stay in one or the other?

We like to alternate between the MK/monorail resort area and the Epcot/HS/Bwk area. We slightly like BC over GF (more SL than RPC). The staff at BC has been amazing. Staffing is always a soft variable, but we've had great luck there. We also like the BC pool. It depends which TS dining you want, and how mobile you are. Monorail is more easy access, but if you can walk a bit- the WS/HS/Bwk/Swan area has more choices and more variation. The BC puts you near two parks (really three); GF puts you near the 'best' park.

I can think of a few reasons why Sugar Loaf was a better fit for our family. One, while the music is lovely, Sugar Loaf is quieter. Two, when we go to WDW, we often use a car. RPC is closer to monorail, but we didn't use it much. For one thing, it is 'down' quite a bit these days.

A third difference not mentioned, SL is closer to the convention building. As such, I think business visitors may tend to pick SL.

All that said, the difference in price varies with the time of year and discounts available. I don't know what numbers you' re using. It may be that WDW plans to offer a % discount for your dates, and with the % discount the difference will be smaller.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #2435
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

First time staying CL and was wondering if people do online check in?

Old 08-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #2436
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
I have for both of my CL stays.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 08-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #2437
goofy78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I have for both of my CL stays.
Thank you! We did it for our last stay at the Poly (not CL) and unfortunately it did not speed up the process but I think we had a new CM. I will try it again in 26 days!

Old 08-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #2438
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! We did it for our last stay at the Poly (not CL) and unfortunately it did not speed up the process but I think we had a new CM. I will try it again in 26 days!
Yeah, the first time we did it, it didn't speed up the process, BUT, our room was ready at 9:30 am, which was nice.

The second time we ended getting a view upgrade from standard to lagoon!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 08-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #2439
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do it every time. The only time our room was not ready before noon was at the Poly. They also did not have our packet ready. Maybe it's a Poly thing. We could have got a room, but chose to wait to have our room requests met. The Poly has been our favorite Club level out of all the resorts we have stayed at. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #2440
Welcome Home
Note to self: Disney magic is a given but everyday joy is a choice.

IPO not helpful with questions

A few pages back there was a discussion about how IPO just provides phone numbers and websites now instead of doing any research. I have a great example of that today. I called BC IPO and asked if they could obtain a current menu from GF Afternoon Tea Room. DH and I are interested in going there but I read they have removed the a la carte menu items. I told her at the beginning of the conversation that the menu was not on the Disney website. I asked if she could call or email the restaurant to get a current menu. Her answer was to provide me with the Disboard menu page.

Has anyone eaten there in the last month? If so were the a la carte items still available? DH and I would like to walk over for a snack w/o the kids but don't want to spend $75 to $100 on it.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #2441
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
This is our first CL stay, and I did my online check in a few weeks ago. I have been using it since it started and have only had problems a few times and it wasn't when we stayed at a Deluxe resort.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #2442
goofy78

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post

This is our first CL stay, and I did my online check in a few weeks ago. I have been using it since it started and have only had problems a few times and it wasn't when we stayed at a Deluxe resort.
Good to know. I just wasn't sure if it changed the check in experience when staying CL. Very excited and slightly nervous about our first CL stay. I am going to do the on line check in in 25 days. There is something about clicking that button that makes it that much more exciting! Thanks!

Old 08-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #2443
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Good to know. I just wasn't sure if it changed the check in experience when staying CL. Very excited and slightly nervous about our first CL stay. I am going to do the on line check in in 25 days. There is something about clicking that button that makes it that much more exciting! Thanks!
I'm excited to find out, too. We check in 2 weeks from today at WL CL. I almost didn't do it, but it makes it feel more real and that much closer. I think you can do it at 60 days out now.

I did it more to keep me from changing our resort again...lol
Old 08-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #2444
PrincessSuzanne

Ok, so I understand we get evening turndown service since we are staying CL, do we tip? and how much? and when?

The only time we have ever experienced turndown service was when we were chosen as the Family of the Day at Pop, I think it was in 2008 and it was a total surprise, so we obviously didn't tip, since we ddin't know it was going to happen.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #2445
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Ok, so I understand we get evening turndown service since we are staying CL, do we tip? and how much? and when?

The only time we have ever experienced turndown service was when we were chosen as the Family of the Day at Pop, I think it was in 2008 and it was a total surprise, so we obviously didn't tip, since we ddin't know it was going to happen.
Not trying to attack you...but threads about tipping usually go south. As such, the DIS has put a ban in most tipping discussions, especially debates over how much to tip. If you look in the dining section of the DIS, there is a sticky thread there regarding tipping if you desire more information. I think there's also a tiny bit of info in the top of this thread.

That said, I'll try to answer your question on a very basic non-rule breaking level. Guests do have the option of tipping for turndown. Timing varies, and I haven't paid much attention, but sometimes we've been at our room when they have come by. I'd say usually it's between 4 to 7pm. Staff always knocks. Turndown is slightly more than just turning down the bed sheets. They also refresh towels, empty the trash.

One possible option, should you desire to have a little fun with in-room tipping (any reason), is to use a clearly marked envelope. (or use the hotel notepad for a quick note.) It's also practical. What makes it 'fun' is that you and/or children in your group- can personalize it with a picture. Picture drawing can be a great way to keep antsy kids busy. Sometimes, if you are very lucky, the staff member might 'communicate' back. Further, if you are going to be out of the room most of the day, envelopes have an added purpose/advantage - again should you desire to tip either room keeping or turndown- you can designate which staff is supposed to get which money. Hope that helps (and doesn't break any rules.) Phew, I think I added enough qualifiers!

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 08-17-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: