Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #2221
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules54 View Post
We just returned from a perfect week at the Poly CL. I want to thank everyone for their help/advice planning our trip. It could not have gone better. We had ages ranging from 6 to 61 and everyone enjoyed the Poly. We will be going back for sure. I highly recommend CL if you can swing it, the conveniences are wonderful, especially as the week goes on and you start getting tired. The staff was exceptional.
Glad you had a great time. We love the Poly and are trying CL in December and I can't wait .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #2222
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
OMG!!! That's so exciting! I no longer want to try a different resort when we come next year. I LOVE the BCR. We were there in Sept of 2011 and they were refurbing some rooms then. I'm surprised they're already going back and doing all of the rooms over.

Any idea when they may be done with the lounge? We're going back in Sept 2014 so I'm assuming they'll be done by then.
Sorry I meant to say I spoke with manager last MONTH. Construction is due to start THIS Oct/NOV on lounge and I feel confident it will be completed by summer for sure. I booked! 5th floor completed for sure..not sure about schredule for floors below...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #2223
scottmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
OMG!!! That's so exciting! I no longer want to try a different resort when we come next year. I LOVE the BCR. We were there in Sept of 2011 and they were refurbing some rooms then. I'm surprised they're already going back and doing all of the rooms over.

Any idea when they may be done with the lounge? We're going back in Sept 2014 so I'm assuming they'll be done by then.
We stayed BWI CL in 09, YC CL in 10,11 and in 2012 we did BC CL. REALLY disappointed in BC CL and mostly due to lounge size so I am hopeful this really improves it! I personally prefer YC as as a resort however when you book BC CL GV you are promised a full balcony since only a few rooms in club are garden and I am a sucker for a rehab! So we are giving BC CL GV a try again in 2014. Skipped Club in 2013 and honestly didn't miss it a bit....

Old 07-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #2224
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Sorry I meant to say I spoke with manager last MONTH. Construction is due to start THIS Oct/NOV on lounge and I feel confident it will be completed by summer for sure. I booked! 5th floor completed for sure..not sure about schredule for floors below...
I have 4 rooms booked for Dec. 3-10 for our annual family trip at BC club level. This will be our first time trying BC, usually stay BWI, but I couldn't get my cast discount there. How do you think this may effect our trip? I do not want to be in the middle of construction with my 5 grandchildren.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #2225
scottmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
I have 4 rooms booked for Dec. 3-10 for our annual family trip at BC club level. This will be our first time trying BC, usually stay BWI, but I couldn't get my cast discount there. How do you think this may effect our trip? I do not want to be in the middle of construction with my 5 grandchildren.
I just answered you on the other thread Kerry but I just read my notes, yes I took notes from the manager, lol! She said November...They are starting on 5th floor and working their way down. It does sound like you might be in the middle of it, I don't know who knows WHEN in November they start or if there is a delay, etc. . Yes I think it would affect your trip. No doubt they will move the lounge into the VP suite etc. (they did that for the last refurb) so I don't think that will be a big deal. As far as construction noise? Again I think that is a during the day type of thing but if you have little nappers, etc. that could awaken them....If the discount is GREAT hey I would put up with it! But if you feel it could ruin things then I would rethink it....I personally prefer YC over BC, I assume you can't get in there?

Old 07-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #2226
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
I just answered you on the other thread Kerry but I just read my notes, yes I took notes from the manager, lol! She said November...They are starting on 5th floor and working their way down. It does sound like you might be in the middle of it, I don't know who knows WHEN in November they start or if there is a delay, etc. . Yes I think it would affect your trip. No doubt they will move the lounge into the VP suite etc. (they did that for the last refurb) so I don't think that will be a big deal. As far as construction noise? Again I think that is a during the day type of thing but if you have little nappers, etc. that could awaken them....If the discount is GREAT hey I would put up with it! But if you feel it could ruin things then I would rethink it....I personally prefer YC over BC, I assume you can't get in there?
Thanks, yes the discount is pretty good!! I couldn't get the YC or BWI, so went with the BC. I guess we will deal with it. being on a cast discount I am not sure how much they would do to help me, I always have felt like I shouldn't ask for any special treatment!! The little ones do nap during the day, but they may have to nap in their strollers!!! My kids are just so grateful that Jim and I treat them every year they don't complain about anything. it is me that always has to make the trip special for everyone!!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #2227
EnchantedStitch
Disney World Lover

Hi!

I was wondering if the Polynesian club level lounge has a microwave? Thank you!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #2228
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

Quote:
Thanks. The chefs were fantastic with the GF allergy last month at WDW. We did not stay club last month b/c of this allergy...so I need to figure out if it is worth the cost to stay CL for DD with the allergy.....cant seem to find anyone with experience. I even called the CL manager but she is on vacation...
Not really a food allergy, but I asked the BC Club if they had caffeine free diet coke for DH. They said, no but they would order some to have when we were there. The day after we checked in, the CFDC was in the little fridge in our room!

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
Old 07-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #2229
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
He sounds like my kids. They can't believe they get all that "free" food.
There is no limit to the beers. You can only take two at time per person, but there is time limit. You can walk back 15 minutes later and take two more. We usually keep a couple in our fridge just in case we want one before 5 or after 7, but the Cm's will get you wine or beer anytime of day. At WL and Poly they kept the wine sitting out until 10pm. BC and YC put it away at 700pm.
Our group is looking forward to staying CL at WL next month for the "free" food, it was only $71 for us to switch from a GV at Poly to CL at WL and we will definitely eat and drink that $71 very quickly, we plan on staying at the resort the first evening and eating and drinking and enjoying events at the resort, before hitting the parks hard to next 2 days. It will be nice for our early risers to grab a bite to eat, especially because we will have a 15 month old with us that gets up at the crack of dawn.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #2230
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Ok, I have another question. We are traveling with a 15 month old, we have a friend that lives in the Orlando area and were planning to ask her teenage daughter to come babysit on Sunday evening so the adults can have an evening in the MK without dragging a sleeping baby, can we do this?

I know Disney has their own in room sitters, but we would rather utilize someone we know and it would save them some money as well.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #2231
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Can anyone help me? I didn't have time to read thru this whole thread ;( Sorry...
I heard a rumor re: Construction of the BC Concierge Lounge in Nov. I've read it in 2 different places, so I e-mailed one of the Concierge for the BC & she said she had heard rumblings about refurbishment, but nothing has been set yet & she was curious herself? I would change if this is the case..
Also, were traveling with 2 adults & my 2 teens -14 yo girl & 17 yo boy. I asked for a room w. 2 Queens & a Day Bed, & of course they said they couldn't guarantee me that, but would put it on my room request, so I e-mailed back about a roll away bed & she said they'd hold off on that until I got there & saw my room assignment. Can anyone help me further my chances for the day bed with the 2 Queens? My kids will not sleep together!! Help!!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 07-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #2232
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Ok, I have another question. We are traveling with a 15 month old, we have a friend that lives in the Orlando area and were planning to ask her teenage daughter to come babysit on Sunday evening so the adults can have an evening in the MK without dragging a sleeping baby, can we do this?

I know Disney has their own in room sitters, but we would rather utilize someone we know and it would save them some money as well.
I don't think there's an issue with having your friend's DD babysit. My understanding though is that only registered guests are welcome in the CL. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.....
Old 07-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #2233
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedStitch View Post
Hi!

I was wondering if the Polynesian club level lounge has a microwave? Thank you!
I do not believe so--I did not see one when we were just there.

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
Old 07-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #2234
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post

There shouldn't be a problem with your friend's DD watching the baby, but as the pp mentioned, the CL lounge is for use by those staying CL. With that said, you can always talk to a CL CM that day and ask permission for the babysitter to access the lounge is she needed to as the CL CMs would be the ones to decide whether or not to allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
Can anyone help me? I didn't have time to read thru this whole thread ;( Sorry...
I heard a rumor re: Construction of the BC Concierge Lounge in Nov. I've read it in 2 different places, so I e-mailed one of the Concierge for the BC & she said she had heard rumblings about refurbishment, but nothing has been set yet & she was curious herself? I would change if this is the case..
Also, were traveling with 2 adults & my 2 teens -14 yo girl & 17 yo boy. I asked for a room w. 2 Queens & a Day Bed, & of course they said they couldn't guarantee me that, but would put it on my room request, so I e-mailed back about a roll away bed & she said they'd hold off on that until I got there & saw my room assignment. Can anyone help me further my chances for the day bed with the 2 Queens? My kids will not sleep together!! Help!!
Unfortunately, since a daybed is not guaranteed and not all rooms at the BC have them, there's really not any way that I know of to further your chances of getting one at that particular resort. The only way to guarantee a daybed would be to consider changing resorts and go with one where all rooms have one, which are the CR and Poly. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #2235
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
I'm booked for the BC Concierge 10/29-11/8. I read about refurbishment on another website so I e-mailed the BC Concierge. She told me that they heard about refurbishment but haven't been told when?? Any idea who I can contact to find out for sure? Any help is appreciated
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: