Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #2086
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

I do know that the CL staff gives you a welcome letter that does state "proper attire and footwear are requested of all Guests". "Please refrain from entering the Lounge wearing robes, bathing suits, and wet clothes."

This was given to us at check in last year at the BC.

As for food, I don't think they want to tell guests how many cookies or egg rolls they can have. I would never tell a guest they can only have a small portion when they are in my home. That wouldn't be very welcoming. So I guess that's the way Disney looks at it too.

JMHO
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 07-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #2087
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

[QUOTE=mickeyluv'r;48984825]I

A big part of why I love CL is just what you say- it makes mornings easy. Everything is laid out. Maybe some kids overindulge, but the kids in our family are often the opposite. they need a little time to think about what they want. In a food court, mom or dad has to make multiple trips. Every trip =s standing in line. CL is safe enough that the kids can walk over and get a few things themselves if they need it. Not running wild, but you can let down your guard just a tiny bit, since CL is a secure area. On DDP, you always have to think about what items are included and what is not. It usually falls on me to explain to my parents for the umpteenth time that coffee is included with their breakfast. It can be great for what it is, but it's also a chore. Breakfast in the lounge is much faster: closer to your room, and no lines.[/QUOTE]

Totally, totally agree with you! On our last trip I was managing the DDP for my family of 4, plus my parents and I thought my head was going to explode with all of the questions. The mental exhaustion from trying to maximize the DDP (cost-wise) and keeping track of everyone's credits made me realize that whatever cost savings we saw was not worth it one bit.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #2088
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
Totally, totally agree with you! On our last trip I was managing the DDP for my family of 4, plus my parents and I thought my head was going to explode with all of the questions. The mental exhaustion from trying to maximize the DDP (cost-wise) and keeping track of everyone's credits made me realize that whatever cost savings we saw was not worth it one bit.
Funny thing is, the first time we used DDP, we had the opposite reaction. I loved that we could pick anything off the menu! I loved that I didn't have to calculate the tip. Also, in the beginning, there was less incentive to max the credits. Even if we didn't use all of them, we still came out ahead, so I didn't worry about it.

I think Disney is trying to phase out DDP.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #2089
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazmatic View Post
Sorry guys - don't mean to stir the pot here.
Realistically, the cost difference between non -cl and cl is $1600. About $100 a night for 8 nights for 2 rooms. So maybe what I am really looking for is am I going to get my money's worth? DH drinks beer. We drink coffee, very little pop, no wine, no cordials, no exoticy type foods and no seafood. Mainly I would like to use it for breakfast in the morning so I don't have to deal with spilled milk everywhere in the hotel rooms, water bottles for the parks, and some cookies mid-afternoon. DH likes the way "club level" sounds. After reading this thread and looking at the pics of offerings I am seriously doubting we are going to see a lot of benefit to it. Also, we are not doing the dining plan but will buy mugs and have TIW card.
Staying CL for the food offerings alone usually isn't worth the extra cost (at least not for my family). When we stay CL, we stay more for the lounge and having some place else to go and relax instead of in our room or other parts of the resort. The food offerings are a nice perk, but for us, the lounge and extra pampering is what we stay CL for .

Quote:
Originally Posted by visegrip72 View Post
Thanks for this thread, we are spending our first CL experience trip in less than a month to the BC (also first trip to that resort). We don't want to be rude, but don't want to miss out on stuff what we are eligible for either. We don't eat much, so no clearing trays, but sounds like asking for an afternoon beer or chocolate milk before bed is not out of the question, nor is going to each "feeding" time, if we're in the area. If this is not true, what are we paying the extra money for. ADR help?
Any time we have stayed CL, we were always told that if there was anything we wanted that we didn't see out, to just ask. The CMs we have encountered during any of our CL stays have been very accommodating. There is nothing wrong with asking for something you want if it isn't out .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #2090
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just to throw another perspective into the "is it worth it?" discussion....

Last night, DH and I were discussing our plans for our August 2014 trip. We have decided on a resort (Poly) and then it came down to CL or no CL?

I gave DH the price difference (about $1000 more over 10 night stay). He said "I like it, so it's worth it, and I want it.".

And there it is....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 07-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #2091
wyurm
Mouseketeer

For those noting the excesses, it can go the other way too. Let's say everyone decided to control themselves and there were suddenly leftovers at every offering. What would logically happen? Well, after this occurred for some time the decision would be made to reduce the offerings to match demand.

I think grabbing a whole plate of appetizers is an extreme example. I'm well aware some can be inconsiderate and rude, but there's little to be done about that. So for those that were asking because they don't want to appear greedy I say you have nothing at all to worry about. The fact you don't want to appear greedy is clearly a sign you won't be.

Just go, enjoy club level and remember that if you do end up with the entire appetizer buffet at your table then you really should consider scaling back. The same goes for those bringing sacks to hold all the sodas they are bringing back to their room.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #2092
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyurm View Post
For those noting the excesses, it can go the other way too. Let's say everyone decided to control themselves and there were suddenly leftovers at every offering. What would logically happen? Well, after this occurred for some time the decision would be made to reduce the offerings to match demand.

I think grabbing a whole plate of appetizers is an extreme example. I'm well aware some can be inconsiderate and rude, but there's little to be done about that. So for those that were asking because they don't want to appear greedy I say you have nothing at all to worry about. The fact you don't want to appear greedy is clearly a sign you won't be.

Just go, enjoy club level and remember that if you do end up with the entire appetizer buffet at your table then you really should consider scaling back. The same goes for those bringing sacks to hold all the sodas they are bringing back to their room.

Just to add one more tiny tidbit to the is it wroth it idea...

First there are some great posts on the subject further back.
Second, the costs of club level vs. non club varies quite a bit by season, discounts. Also, unlike DDP say, it's a fixed cost. It doesn't matter if you have one person or frour people- so no matter the sseason, it's going to be a better value if you have four pple per room
Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #2093
mmkenn
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=kpm76;48985897]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post

A big part of why I love CL is just what you say- it makes mornings easy. Everything is laid out. Maybe some kids overindulge, but the kids in our family are often the opposite. they need a little time to think about what they want. In a food court, mom or dad has to make multiple trips. Every trip =s standing in line. CL is safe enough that the kids can walk over and get a few things themselves if they need it. Not running wild, but you can let down your guard just a tiny bit, since CL is a secure area. On DDP, you always have to think about what items are included and what is not. It usually falls on me to explain to my parents for the umpteenth time that coffee is included with their breakfast. It can be great for what it is, but it's also a chore. Breakfast in the lounge is much faster: closer to your room, and no lines.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with both of you! I have never done the DDP, but never intend to because I would be responsible for coordinating points, etc. That said, I always try to get a RO discount.

My favorite thing about CL is sending my husband down for breakfast with our kids while I take my (extremely RARE) long, enjoyable shower without anyone barging in asking for anything!

We definitely like to enjoy club offerings also. We definitely would never take a tray of appetizers, but we do like to stop in late in the day, have a beer or wine and a couple of appetizers to tide us over until dinner reservations. When we stayed at the Contemporary, we always planned to be back at the club for desserts for the kids, beverages for Mom and Dad, and fireworks for all! We have always found the staff at the clubs extremely friendly and helpful, particularly at the Contemporary last year.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #2094
tsme
DIS Veteran

I have a "is it ok" question. In the CL, during the evening treats, say all I want is a cheese snack, which is location in the middle of the counter. Would it be impolite to just go straight to the cheese grab it & go, or would I have to get in line behind all the people who want a bit of everything? Would you consider the line a strict line, like a ride line, or would you consider it a buffet line, where you just grab what you like from which ever section & get out of the way? I'm just curious.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #2095
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mmkenn;48996017]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post

I completely agree with both of you! I have never done the DDP, but never intend to because I would be responsible for coordinating points, etc. That said, I always try to get a RO discount.

My favorite thing about CL is sending my husband down for breakfast with our kids while I take my (extremely RARE) long, enjoyable shower without anyone barging in asking for anything!

We definitely like to enjoy club offerings also. We definitely would never take a tray of appetizers, but we do like to stop in late in the day, have a beer or wine and a couple of appetizers to tide us over until dinner reservations. When we stayed at the Contemporary, we always planned to be back at the club for desserts for the kids, beverages for Mom and Dad, and fireworks for all! We have always found the staff at the clubs extremely friendly and helpful, particularly at the Contemporary last year.
That sounds wonderful to me!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #2096
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
I have a "is it ok" question. In the CL, during the evening treats, say all I want is a cheese snack, which is location in the middle of the counter. Would it be impolite to just go straight to the cheese grab it & go, or would I have to get in line behind all the people who want a bit of everything? Would you consider the line a strict line, like a ride line, or would you consider it a buffet line, where you just grab what you like from which ever section & get out of the way? I'm just curious.
Honestly, the CL's I have stayed at (WL and YC) both have 2 entrances to the food area. Some people start on one side, some start on the other. I didn't see a particular "right" way. When my kids went straight for the cheese, no one looked twice. You'll be fine.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 07-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #2097
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
In my experience, people are usually all over the place with no kind of line. We've stayed WL CL, GF SL, and GF RPC and I've never really seen anyone follow a line. With that said, you should be ok to go to what you want and get it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #2098
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Which CL is the biggest/best value you think? It is only $1000 more so we are thinking of staying WL CL for my bday next year

I havent stayed on property since 2007. My in-laws have a wyndham timeshare @ Bonnetcreek so we normally stay there & my hubby doesn't know what its like to stay on property.....It would be the 1st week of Dec next year 2014....

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
Old 07-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #2099
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
Which CL is the biggest/best value you think? It is only $1000 more so we are thinking of staying WL CL for my bday next year

I havent stayed on property since 2007. My in-laws have a wyndham timeshare @ Bonnetcreek so we normally stay there & my hubby doesn't know what its like to stay on property.....It would be the 1st week of Dec next year 2014....
We absolutely LOVED WL CL!!!!

The only other one we have stayed at was YC CL, but WL absolutely blows it away. Great CM's, great food offerings, great setting. Absolute perfection!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 07-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #2100
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post

WL CL is great . The lounge is nice and spacious as the seating is arranged around the railing which overlooks the lobby. The food offerings are great, as are the CMs. We've stayed GF RPC and GF SL in addition to WL CL, and although my favorite is GF RPC, WL CL comes in at a very close second .

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: