Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #2026
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
It does help, thanks . I'm glad you loved both WL CL and Poly CL. We are staying Poly GV CL in December and I considered LV CL, but it's $150 more a night . We've only stayed regular GV and I loved it, but I've been wanting to try CL, so we're giving it a try. I agree about the Poly rates being crazy.....and it's very crazy that LV CL is double WL CL (and with a discount at that) . Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it .
You will love the Poly CL We are staying a few nights in August but just a standard room. DD is in love with the volcano slide. The entire feel of the resort is relaxing and magical.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #2027
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio View Post
We just booked WL CL for 9/14-9/21. I am SO excited. We got a great AP rate for it and so we booked it. We have stayed 7 times at WL but never CL and we are SO excited! We decided against the DDP for this trip since we were doing CL and for the characters and dinners that we really want are going to be much less than the DDP will have been. Hopefully we have made the right decision (any encouragement?? ) Also, does CL have plastic bottles of water that you are able to take back to the room?
WL CL is amazing, you're going to love it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #2028
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
You will love the Poly CL We are staying a few nights in August but just a standard room. DD is in love with the volcano slide. The entire feel of the resort is relaxing and magical.
I hope so because I'm really excited about trying it . We've only stayed at the Poly once, but that was enough for us to fall in love with the resort and it's now our favorite. I appreciate all of your input .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #2029
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just booked WL CL for 9/14-9/21. I am SO excited. We got a great AP rate for it and so we booked it. We have stayed 7 times at WL but never CL and we are SO excited! We decided against the DDP for this trip since we were doing CL and for the characters and dinners that we really want are going to be much less than the DDP will have been. Hopefully we have made the right decision (any encouragement?? ) Also, does CL have plastic bottles of water that you are able to take back to the room?
I think you made a great choice. I love WL CL especially during the rainy season. Our last two Fall trips have been at WL CL, and we got hit with tropical storms. It was nice having everything indoors. They also have activities in the lobby for the kids when it rains. I don't think WL cl has water bottles. They do have paper cups with lids that you can put water in.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #2030
kpm76
DIS Veteran

Ok, folks, I think we finally made a decision we will stick with We're doing the last 4 nights of our trip next month at the BWI CL. I think I previously mentioned that we own DVC and our home resort is BWV. We've never stayed on the Inn side though and ultimately it comes down to location. We love the Epcot area, but for reasons I mentioned earlier, I didn't think YC was a good fit for us right now.

Super excited to try BWI CL! Any recent reviews? Thanks!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #2031
herewego1
Mouseketeer

Hi, all!
We are staying at the Beach Club for the first time in November-club level garden view. Any specific rooms to request that anyone has experience with? Or, possibly one that you may see a glimpse of the Epcot fireworks? Near the lounge?

THANKS!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #2032
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego1 View Post
Hi, all!
We are staying at the Beach Club for the first time in November-club level garden view. Any specific rooms to request that anyone has experience with? Or, possibly one that you may see a glimpse of the Epcot fireworks? Near the lounge?

THANKS!
Hey!! Slip over to the BC thread. The first couple of pages have tons of info and pics of room choices!
Old 07-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #2033
herewego1
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I debated whether to post here or there. Since I was looking for club level info I chose here. I will take a look there. Thanks so much!
Old 07-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #2034
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego1 View Post
Thanks! I debated whether to post here or there. Since I was looking for club level info I chose here. I will take a look there. Thanks so much!

I am not one of them... but there are lots of really well informed people over there on all things BC! I love the beginning of the thread as well because of all the good info.

We are going to be there 10-21 to 10-25th staying CL. This is our first time on property at WDW so I am so excited!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #2035
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My dilemma is that it's $360/night (not bad for CL I guess) but I hate the idea of standard view. The view is important to me. Petty, I know but it is what it is I don't pay for lagoon or pool views but GV is usually only a few dollars more and is worth it. Anyone stay standard view YC CL and not disappointed??
It's all perception, but we prefer ST view rooms. I'm pretty happy if I get a partial view of a garden, floored if bumped to pool view (though only a $5/night upgrade, and unlikely if CL is full)

ST view may = a partial view of parking lot, roadway, etc. However, it's not as bad as it sounds. It often also = a part great view. At BWK, we could see an access road existed. We also saw the Epcot lake. Again, I guess it's a matter of perception. At CR, "theme park view" CL = a view of parking lot, but guests pay extra for that partial view of MK. (Please keep reading. )

One reason I prefer ST view is it's a rare opportunity to glimpse the inner workings of WDW. Everyone sees the castle. Few guests see how it works. Disney sells literally tons of food. How does it get to the World Showcase restaurants? Standard view rooms sometimes offer a tiny rare opportunity to peek beyond the landscaped fašade.

The ST YC CL room we had was pretty neat. The balcony was over double-sized, lots of room, and was well situated: near the lounge, but not next to it. It was very quiet.

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 07-13-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #2036
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also, does CL have plastic bottles of water that you are able to take back to the room?
Yeah for you!

Great question!

Up until this year, we stayed at most CL's in different seasons, and never saw them offered. I thought maybe they were a myth! A few folks reported getting them at several resorts - when they ASKED staff for them. Other folks - like me- said even when they asked staff, no plastic bottles. This past spring we did a split stay at YC/CR and both resorts had plastic upon request!

My best guess is that CL Disney SOMETIMES has plastic bottles, but not most of the year. Disney never puts them out, guests always have to ask for them, so that's part of the mystery.

CL's always have glass bottles, and all QS dining give free ice water. The Hess stations on property also sell it. If no car, Costco water delivered is another option - but beware- the convention resorts charge a resort delivery fee. Look for the thread about having items delivered to your hotel.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #2037
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Ok, folks, I think we finally made a decision we will stick with We're doing the last 4 nights of our trip next month at the BWI CL. I think I previously mentioned that we own DVC and our home resort is BWV. We've never stayed on the Inn side though and ultimately it comes down to location. We love the Epcot area, but for reasons I mentioned earlier, I didn't think YC was a good fit for us right now.

Super excited to try BWI CL! Any recent reviews? Thanks!
I have a BWI CL trip report from this year, if you click the link in my signature and scroll down to my list of reports you'll find it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Old 07-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #2038
kpm76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
It's all perception, but we prefer ST view rooms. I'm pretty happy if I get a partial view of a garden, floored if bumped to pool view (though only a $5/night upgrade, and unlikely if CL is full)

ST view may = a partial view of parking lot, roadway, etc. However, it's not as bad as it sounds. It often also = a part great view. At BWK, we could see an access road existed. We also saw the Epcot lake. Again, I guess it's a matter of perception. At CR, "theme park view" CL = a view of parking lot, but guests pay extra for that partial view of MK. (Please keep reading. )

One reason I prefer ST view is it's a rare opportunity to glimpse the inner workings of WDW. Everyone sees the castle. Few guests see how it works. Disney sells literally tons of food. How does it get to the World Showcase restaurants? Standard view rooms sometimes offer a tiny rare opportunity to peek beyond the landscaped fašade.

The ST YC CL room we had was pretty neat. The balcony was over double-sized, lots of room, and was well situated: near the lounge, but not next to it. It was very quiet.
What a great perspective! I have to agree about the TPV at CR. We stayed at BLT TPV and while it was neat, I could not get past the parking lot we had to see before catching a glimpse of the castle......and the cost of that room, oh my

Part of the reason I have been all over the place in booking rooms for this trip is that we arrive on 8/14 and depart on 8/22. We have APs and our trip cuts into two different passholder discount seasons. Had to wait until late last week to see availability for the second part of the trip.

Looking forward to trying BWI CL
Old 07-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #2039
kpm76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I have a BWI CL trip report from this year, if you click the link in my signature and scroll down to my list of reports you'll find it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you!! You always have amazing information
Old 07-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #2040
herewego1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
I am not one of them... but there are lots of really well informed people over there on all things BC! I love the beginning of the thread as well because of all the good info.

We are going to be there 10-21 to 10-25th staying CL. This is our first time on property at WDW so I am so excited!

We have always only stayed CL at CR but decided to do a split stay this year and try BC. We have gotten to know CR really well so I hate being a newbie to BC!

I hope you have a great time on your trip!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: